PDA

View Full Version : Gift packs (good idea? bad idea? - see possible sets in thread)

jedi master sal
06-02-2005, 01:09 PM
World gift packs:

Now that we have the Evolutions line, how about another something we haven’t seen before, or something close to what we’ve seen before.

How about packs of figures from specific worlds. Only a rare few major characters or some minor characters, but mostly just characters specific to that planet/ship/dDeath Star. Also, either a small creature or ship can be included. For this exercise the ship or creature will be listed last for each specific entry.
I realize that these are similar to the 4 packs we’ve already had in the past, so you can think of it as either a continuation of that line, but in new packaging, or something entirely different. (Your perspective)

Here are some examples:
(NOTE: don’t worry about which sculpt is to be used, this is just a brainstroming session that will be passed along to Hasbro) Each set includes 3 figures and some type of small ship/beast or other larger accessory

OT:
SW:
Tatooine:
Jawa, Tusken Raider, Sandtrooper, Eopie (I don’t know too many people that have this beast)
Death Star:
Stormtrooper, General Tagge, Death Star Squad Commander, Dianoga
Yavin IV:
Rebel Technician/Driver, Rebel Guard (as seen just outside of the Medal scene), Rebel General (not Dodonna), Cart for driver!

ESB:
Hoth:
Major Derlin (He needs a fig), Torryn Farr (“Stand by Ion control, FIRE”), Snowtrooper (SA!), NEW Probot
Bespin:
Bespin Guard (Black), Lobot, Ugnaught, Twin Pod Cloud Car
Dagobah doesn’t have many chioces so it would be passed over.
Medical Frigate:
Luke-medical gown, Leia white gown with new hairstyle, 2-1B new sculpt, Medical Table (this would be the larger pack-in)

ROTJ:
Endor:
NEW Biker Scout (SA), Ewok w/wokling, Endor Rebel trooper (SA), Ewok Catapault
Death Star II:
Moff Jerjerrod (“We shall double our efforts”), Vader, Emperor, (Hell, make something up for the pack-in, even just a repaint of the Cart from the Yavin set would be fine, and Hasbro could save money that way.)

Prequels:
TPM
Naboo has been done rather nicely, so I’m skipping it.
Tatooine:
Fruit Market seller (the old lady), Kitster, Wald, Market Stand (This is the pack-in)
Coruscant:
Padme-Geisha outfit as seen in Senator Palatine’s office, Variant Handmaiden, Valorum’s other aide (the oriental lady), Senate Pod!
AOTC:
Coruscant:
Corde, Hemione Bagwa (Dex’s other Waitress), Jocasta Nu (Jedi Librarian)
Tatooine:
Padme (hippie outfit at Lars Homestead), Cliegg Lars (on hover chair of course), Rickshaw droid w/ Rickshaw!
Geonosis:
SA Jango Fett (Like the Boba from the VOTC line), SA Clone, Dooku’s Pilot droid, Solar Sailor!

ROTS:
Invisible Hand (Grievous Ship):
Security Battle Droid, Pilot Battle Droid, Neimoidian bridge Captain, Grievous Escape Pod
Utapau:
Commander Cody, Cody Grunt, Paun ship refueler, Tarradactyl
Kashyyyk:
Commander Gree, SA Camo Scout Clone, Commander Battle Droid, Snail Tank! (or Yoda Escape Pod)
Felucia:
Aayla Secura, Commander Bly, Bly Grunt, AT-TP
Mygeeto:
Correct Commander Baccarra, Snow-Clone, Ki-Adi Mundi, Spider-like droid but with tall neck (seen on bridge and in Clone Wars cartoon)
Mustafar:
Lava Droid (Anakin lands on him to fight Obi-wan over river of Lava), Po Nudo (Aqualish Seperatist), Tikkes (IIRC, Quarren Seperatist), Obi’s Lava Platform
Polis Massa:
Fat Polis Massan, Padme with Twins, “Cooing” Nurse droid, “Doctor” droid, Medical Table (this has an extra fig, because all of the figs in this set are small as well as the pack-in.
Coruscant Medical Facility:
2-1b, Shocktrooper, FX-9, Burnt Vader w/medical capsule

-Sal

Captain Spoon
06-02-2005, 01:36 PM
Those all sound great but I would like to see a Dagobah set

1. Yoda with soft good tunic and robe

2. Luke (SA , good head sculpt please!!) with dirty Bepsin jumpsuit

3. Vader with cracked face plate (revealing luke's face)

All would be packaged with Yoda's hut including pot of stew and the blanket he curls up under in ROTJ

abell748
06-03-2005, 09:35 AM
I would also like a Naboo invasion set with a good battle droid commander, hologram versions of Nute and Rune, and the pack in could be a new improved STAP or some along those lines. This would really be sweet if they came in diorama packages like the OTC and Saga ships did.

jedi master sal
06-03-2005, 01:29 PM
That's what I was thinking. Diorama mini sets. Each set would have a window to look in on it with a hi-res picture in the background depciting a scene on the planet/ship they are from.

Lazer Brain
06-03-2005, 03:09 PM
great ideas, anything to get some of the gak or ships that you see in the films. i would like to have the 'board room' and chairs on the death star , so darth can say ..for your lack of faith...'your fired!'(commence chock hold)
later

vader68
06-03-2005, 05:27 PM
How about an empire set. You could put a Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, Bikerscout, and Sandtrooper. Make them all super articulated.

Or maybe a set with Tie Fighter pilot, at-at driver, at-st driver, maybe a backround of a star cruiser hanger.

How about a set with Vader choking Captain Antilles, with a couple of stormtroopers. Make it so vader can actually hold Antilles up off the ground.

Kyle Katarn
06-03-2005, 06:29 PM
I like the idea and I would add Dagobah to ESB and Kamino for AOTC, they would be great collectibles.

DarkArtist
06-03-2005, 07:12 PM
TPM

Coruscant:
Handmaiden, Senator Palpatine (new Sculpt) Queen Amidala (new Sculpt) Captain Panka (New Sculpt) Senate Pod

Naboo:
Battle Damaged Qui Gon Jinn, Obi Wan Kenobi (New sculpt) , Darth Maul (new sculpt), Theed Generator complex

AOTC

Coruscant Night Club:
Anakin Skywalker (new sculpt, neutral pose), Bar patrons/droids random charcaters. bar pieces can be the pack in

ROTS

Battle on Utapau
Commander Cody with holo sidious, Clone Trooper, Destroyer Droid, IG-1000 magnadroid, Crab Droid

ANH

Death Star Conference
General Tagge, Grand Moff Tarkin, randon Imperial Officer, Conference table with chairs

ESB

Battle of Hoth
Major Derlin, Hoth trooper (new sculpt), rebel commander with binoculers (says echo station 3ta we have spotted imperial walkers) updated turret and Probe Droid Playset

ROTJ
Rebel Briefing
Admiral Ackbar (new sculpt), random rebel commander, random rebel pilot large display with the moon of endor and a smaller death star hologram.

WesleySr
06-03-2005, 08:01 PM
Those all sound great but I would like to see a Dagobah set

1. Yoda with soft good tunic and robe

2. Luke (SA , good head sculpt please!!) with dirty Bepsin jumpsuit

3. Vader with cracked face plate (revealing luke's face)

All would be packaged with Yoda's hut including pot of stew and the blanket he curls up under in ROTJ

Yoda's hut needs to be a re-release of the Dagobah playset, but a better version. For the monster pack-in on this one, they could include the thing in the swamp that ate R2.

Kidhuman
06-04-2005, 12:32 AM
Heck I would go for this. Nice way to get some of the unmade figs and resculpts out there. Jabbas Palce and Cantina would be awesome, could make 2 or 3 each of those

Hellboy
06-04-2005, 12:44 AM
Great ideas. These would be the perfect way to bring back the Cinema Scene style packaging too.

beckmen
06-04-2005, 02:14 AM
I have always hated cinema scenes because the figs are always pre-posed with little articualtion.

Hellboy
06-04-2005, 02:25 AM
Thats true but I think the lack of articulation had more to do with the majority of the Cinema Scenes being part of the POTF2 line than anything else. The EE exclusive Clone Trooper packs used the CS style packaging and those were highly articulated figures which looked good enough in the package that I kept a set boxed.

abell748
06-04-2005, 06:29 AM
If Hasbro were to take this route, the Battle Pack series would have to sell well. I think that is the only way Hasbro would even consider doing any pack like we have been discussing. If they were to go this way, I am all for it as long as they are not cheese like the TRU packs that they gave us.

Diamond Dave
06-11-2005, 02:21 PM
I would love to see a series of figures for the Death Star war room in Episode VI. Make them a series of three packs like the Jedi Council, and when you are done you have the full table. That would so rock!!!!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-11-2005, 08:22 PM
I'd also love to see packs like the ones listed above, but it just ain't gonna happen. If Hasbro were to ever return to multipacks like the TRU ones (4 figures and a large accessory) instead of the battle packs, here's some I'd like to see:

The Phantom Menace
*Naboo - Queen Amidala with ascension gun, Sio Bibble, R2-B1, retooled cloaked Obi-Wan (EI Naboo body, POTJ Jedi head, arms from somewhere else), and the electronic gun thing from a while back
*Trade Federation - holographic Darth Sidious, TC-14, holographic Nute Gunray (cast from Episode I figure), destroyer droid (originally to be released with Jar Jar or something), destroyer droid shield
*Tatooine - Pit droids 2-pack, Anakin with new podrace helmet, Shmi with better paint, Qui-Gon Jinn (from Eopie pack), Eopie

Attack of the Clones
*Battle of Geonosis - Clone trooper (super poseable from CW line), geonosian warrior, super battle droid, battle droid, unreleased gun from arena playset
*Kamino - retooled cloaked Obi-Wan, Boba Fett with darker skin color, Jango Fett, clone trooper with removable helmet (kit-bashed), Kamino chair or something

Revenge of the Sith
*Battle of Kashyyyk - Commander Gree (repainted clone), Wookiee warrior (preview), Wookiee warrior (Wookiee Battle Bash), ROTS battle droid, Yoda's cannon
*Battle of Coruscant - security battle droid, several buzz droids, Grievous' bodyguard, clone trooper (super poseable)
*Clone Troopers - repaints of the super poseable clone, with or without the antenna - blue (Jedi Temple), red (senate), Commander Neyo (new helmet), Commander Bly (yellow repaint of clone commander), BARC speeder (from Stass Allie)

Phantom-like Menace
06-11-2005, 11:36 PM
I'd be for any of the above, but for AotC, and especially any set dealing specifically with Geonosis, I want a Bultar Swan figure.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-12-2005, 01:15 PM
I'd be for any of the above, but for AotC, and especially any set dealing specifically with Geonosis, I want a Bultar Swan figure.
Yeah, I want her too, but I don't think that we'll see her in a pack of otherwise repacked and kitbashed figures.

Here's more ideas:
A New Hope
*Tantive IV - Princess Leia (Commtech), stormtrooper (VOTC), rebel trooper, ROTS C-3PO with silver shin, escape pod (from C-3PO set)
*Death Star - Admiral Motti, Han in stormtrooper disguise (kitbashed), the blue R3 droid that Obi-Wan walks by, Luke in stormtrooper disguise (if they could make him look "short"), some cannon thing
*Battle of Yavin - 2 random rebel pilots kitbashed from good pilot figures like Gold Leader, TIE Fighter pilot, Death Star gunner

The Empire Strikes Back
*Bespin - ugnaughts, Bespin guard with new black head, cloud car pilot (repainted green like the one in the film), Boba Fett (VOTC repainted like ESB), Han in carbonite (or something)
*Battle of Hoth - Hoth Trooper (saga, but with non-smiling head), Hoth Rebel Soldier (POTF2), snowtrooper (saga), AT-AT driver, anti-vehicle laser cannon

Return of the Jedi
*Emperor's Arrival - royal guard (ROTS), Imperial officer, scout trooper, Imperial Dignitary (repainted Kren Blista-Vanee - some other digintary looks like him, but with different colored robes), some random accessory
*Victory Celebration - Anakin ghost (recast from ROTS a cloaked Anakin), Yoda ghost (recast from a POTF2 Yoda), Obi-Wan ghost (kitbashed from OTC figure, with new arm), ewok (repainted Teebo), funeral pyre for Vader