PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro needs to release this canceled Destroyer Droid.

Battle Droid
06-02-2005, 01:13 PM
http://www.rebelscum.com/episodeI/destroyerx.jpg

El Chuxter
06-02-2005, 03:06 PM
That looks really, really sweet.

Any Droideka other than this gimmick-laden POS on the pegs now would be welcome. I was discussing this with a friend the other day, and we came to the conclusion that the next Droideka figure should also come with a clear plastic force field, the way so many of them appear in the film.

jedi master sal
06-03-2005, 01:10 PM
http://www.rebelscum.com/episodeI/destroyerx.jpg

I agree. The TPM DD remains the best to date. No crappy gimmicks, forearms in correct position and nearly folds up to a ball to roll.

I never really army built these, btu I'm glad I have the dozen or so that I have. I can spread them out a little between dioramas of the prequels. Guess I'll be hunting these down for cheap at conventions and such.

El Chuxter
06-03-2005, 01:14 PM
I never really army built these, btu I'm glad I have the dozen or so that I have.

"I never army built these" in the same sentence as "the dozen or so that I have"? I guess we have different notions of what constitutes "army building," Sal. lol

JediTricks
06-03-2005, 06:53 PM
I think they need to scrap all the Destroyer Droid molds and start over, even this one (which I believe is from that cancelled 2pack where he fights Jar Jar or something) has an exaggerated middle eye and the arms appear too long. It would be nice to get a fully-transforming Destroyer with a removable shield accessory, I'd pay $10 if it was that good. I am sick of paying $5 and $6 for crappy ones though.

trandoshan666
06-03-2005, 07:34 PM
It would be nice to get a fully-transforming Destroyer with a removable shield accessory, I'd pay $10 if it was that good. I am sick of paying $5 and $6 for crappy ones though.

I totally agree. I would love a Droideka that could actually roll into battle.

darko666
06-03-2005, 09:31 PM
I totally agree. I would love a Droideka that could actually roll into battle.

didn't the theed playset come with a DD that rolled into a ball? i never got the playset, so i don't know how the quality of it was.

jedi master sal
06-04-2005, 02:24 AM
"I never army built these" in the same sentence as "the dozen or so that I have"? I guess we have different notions of what constitutes "army building," Sal. lol

Heh heh, I guess so. For me, I'd guesstimate that it doesn't constitute an army unless I have at least 20-25 of a specific character. So a dozen doesn't cover it. Especially now that I'll have to spread them over 3 movies and multiple scenes. Thankfully, I have about 6 of the battle damaged ones, that will do for the Geonosis Arena scene.

trandoshan666
06-04-2005, 11:03 AM
didn't the theed playset come with a DD that rolled into a ball? i never got the playset, so i don't know how the quality of it was.

I didn't get it either. Could someone who did buy the Theed playset shed some light on this one?

El Chuxter
06-06-2005, 01:09 PM
It was permanently in ball form, and way too small. :(

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-06-2005, 05:03 PM
There were two Theed playsets - one came with a battle droid with no backpack but a blaster molded to his hand, and the other came with a break-apart battle droid and a "Spinning Spaz" Qui-Gon. The R2-D2 carry case came with a rolled-up destroyer, as did the launching set from the CW line.

They need to make a really good DD, and I wouldn't care if it didn't roll up since that would be really hard to have one do that. I also think that it should have a shield.

JediTricks
06-06-2005, 10:18 PM
The R2 Carry Case/Playset's Droideka is indeed in permanent wheel form, and it's about 25% too small. So far, the only Droideka that Hasbro has ever sold that transforms is the Mega Action one, which saw only limited release because of the line's poor performance, and while that one's transformation is fully inclusive, it's actually an inaccurate transformation (though only a tech-oriented nitpicker such as myself would notice though).