PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro, please make nice 3"3/4, NO SOFT GOODS, NO ACTION FEATURES, ROTS figures!!

sevboot
06-02-2005, 01:44 PM
I can't be the only collector who would love this. Just normal, nicely sculpted, well articulated action figures of the main characters. Make the Jedi and Sith come with two sets of arms (one with cloak on and one without) and a nicely sculpted soft plastic removable cloak. Please? Maybe? Possibly? I really wish the Evolution figures had been designed like this. Soft goods and action features stink!

beckmen
06-02-2005, 02:17 PM
Agreed. But we're the minority apparently. :(

Ryno
06-02-2005, 02:29 PM
"I'm with you too!"

I never thought I'd be nostalgic for anything from TPM, but remember those figs? We got an Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Darth Maul with and w/o their robes. True, the articulation wasn't the greatest, but for that particular time they weren't that bad.

Wait......I'm having flashbacks of trying to sit the jedi down in the royal cruiser playset. Gee, 6 years and how many complaints later and Hasbro still can't figure this one out. Although, i seem to remember an Obi-Wan with a comlink that was able to sit properly.

Captain Spoon
06-02-2005, 03:17 PM
I agree. Usually I am all about soft goods, but I would have no problem with soft plastic cloaks, expecialy with the extra arms. The could make these and then make a generic soft good felt-type material jedi cloak (brown and black) and sell them seperately. You could by a pack of 6 of them or so for the price of a normal figure. This would solve the problem on both ends of the spectrum. The biggest thing is to do a good sculpt, SA movment on all figures, and some type of frigg'n cloak.

WesleySr
06-03-2005, 04:54 PM
Since there is always gonna be people on both of the soft goods issue (I am in favor of soft goods done correctly), here is my idea:

Package them with both. Place the figures in the package wearing their plastic capes, and then also include soft goods with the figure. They can even hide them behind the character photos, like they have been doing with the accessories.

Veers
06-05-2005, 08:18 AM
I agree. Make the figs with plastic capes like the vintage figs.

http://www.figurines-starwars.com/img/figurines/vintage/Vintage_4inLooseSW_JawaVinyl2pic.jpg