PDA

View Full Version : Fraud at KebcoToys.com

shindig
06-03-2005, 01:49 PM
Fellow collectors, this is not a vendetta message against KebcoToys.com but merely a warning to anyone who might do business with them. In Fall of 2004, I placed a pre-order on their website for a case of Star Wars OTC (retro)figures. Understanding the conditions of a pre-order, I waited 6 weeks for the figures, until I personally called the vendor. I was told they would ship "within 2 weeks". They never did.

Ever since my attempts to call or email have been unsuccessful. Their 1-877 # is always busy. The emails never responded to. And, because I waited until January to report this problem to my credit card company, they state that there is nothing they can do to recoop the $70 deposit (half of the total fee). As a policy Kebco states that "If you do not want to wait, please notify custservice@kebcotoys.com and we will cancel the item and refund your money". Trust me this is just not true. Don't get duped like I did. From BBB.org, (Better Business Bureau)

Number of complaints processed by the BBB for KebcoToys.com in last 12 months: 22.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-03-2005, 02:09 PM
shindig- welcome to the boards!! Secondly, there is a thread about the Trouble with kebco right here :http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=25728&highlight=Kebco

It should be of some use as some of folks (myself included) have fought with Kebco and gotten refunds. best of luck to you! :D

shindig
06-03-2005, 02:38 PM
Wow! That's some reading! Thank you for the thread, I see I'm not alone and it could've been worse. No need to continue this thread then. Thanks again!