PDA

View Full Version : Titanium Series Wave III pictures are here!!!!

good shot jansen
06-03-2005, 08:23 AM
***see StarmanSkywalker's post #12 below for the complete wave 3 titanium photos***

so....after getting interested in the mm like buzz droid being packaged with a number of different 3 3/4" vehicles, i decide to go parusin' over at hasbro. and to my suprise, i stumble on the following items being listed as available.

long lost die-cast naboo fighter (http://www.hasbro.com/pl/page.viewproduct/product_id.16370/dn/default.cfm) this is hopefully gonna be part of the next titanium wave that includes the arc-170 (http://www.hasbro.com/pl/page.viewproduct/product_id.16366/dn/default.cfm), and the isp speeder (http://www.hasbro.com/pl/page.viewproduct/product_id.16369/dn/default.cfm) as well.

but what really caught my eye is that they are also showing the the af spider droid (http://www.hasbro.com/pl/page.viewproduct/product_id.13005/dn/default.cfm) and anakin's speeder (http://www.hasbro.com/pl/page.viewproduct/product_id.13007/dn/default.cfm) :confused:

anyone have an knowledge or input regarding this?

Scackmgack
06-03-2005, 09:14 AM
If you only knew how badly I want one of those Homing Spider Droids.

I think that is an old page, though, bro - the Homing Spider Droid was cancelled along with the rest of the Action Fleet Line a long, long, long time ago. That's a picture of the Action Fleet prototype that never went into mass-production.

Jangu Fett
06-03-2005, 09:57 AM
I don't know, I don't think that AF. Maybe those are photos of that new 6 inch die-cast line. The page doesn't say anything about them.

Scackmgack
06-03-2005, 10:57 AM
That picture of the Homing Spider Droid is of the Action Fleet model. I am an expert on the subject of this never-produced AF toy, mostly because I have been jonesing for one of these since I first saw them, to have something to place opposite the AF AT-TE in a diorama.

The last chance I had to buy one was from Brian's Toys a long while ago, for the price of $500. It was a painted prototype in a mock-up box. I just couldn't justify ponying up that much money for a single AF toy, but I will be kicking myself in the *** until the end of my days for not getting it. It would have been the crown jewel of my collection - and what kills me is that the person who owns it owns two or three out of the four that exist in the entire world, although only two are painted.

It kills me every time I think about it. :)

britcit3
06-03-2005, 01:17 PM
Happy days are here again!

BC3

Well spotted GSJ

Jangu Fett
06-03-2005, 01:56 PM
I know the photos look like the never released Action Fleet. All I'm saying is it could be the new die-cast line. Everyone here knows how much HAsbro like using molds already made to re-release other toys. Look at the Titanium Series and the Micro Sets being released. That Die-cast ISP speeder is, I bet the same size as the Micro ISP Speeder with the Clone Turbo Tank playset.

I hope Hasbro is going to start releasing new Action Fleet, I hope that these 2 sets are in the first wave. I also hope they have AF mini-figures with them, but I won't hold my breath. What is the chances that Hasbro will release 2 different toy line that are perfect copies of the other? One plastic, one metal?

vulcantouch
06-03-2005, 02:01 PM
arc170 & isp eh? guess i ain't done w/the tittiseries yet :p

Jangu Fett
06-03-2005, 04:33 PM
I just looked through Hasbros site those are the old AF the ones cancelled. If you keep looking you'll find the Republic Gunship, Slave-1, and Zams Airspeeder. All listed the same way, no retail price. No item discription. Nothing. I think that list is just a old list as to what Hasbro was going to offer. They just haven't gotten around to deleting some of the items on the list. I do hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it. :(

Scackmgack
06-03-2005, 06:29 PM
The die-cast ISP will be larger than the one that comes with the Turbo Tank...and let me add that the ISP which comes with the Turbo Tank is useless as there are no pilots molded in. :(

The line continues to be dissapointing for vehicles.

JediTricks
06-03-2005, 07:40 PM
Ok, first off, those 2 AF actually have 'Action Fleet' on their stands, they're obviously the old protos we saw 2 years ago. I will have these listings looked into.

Second, those Die-Cast look nice, I'm glad this line is continuing, though the WM distribution is still quite miserable. The Naboo Fighter is one I've been waiting for for too long now.

Finally, the Slave 1 and Republic Gunship were released, not cancelled, so it's not surprising that they're there. What is surprising though is that the site lists the item numbers for AF Zam's Speeder, the Homing Spider, and Anakin's Speeder sequentially, but with a break between the first and second which is filled by the AF Republic Assault Ship (which was also released).

Kidhuman
06-04-2005, 12:48 AM
Got ya covered JT on the Titaniums. :D :beard:

StarmanSkywalker
06-04-2005, 10:15 AM
Star Wars Titanium Series ISP Speeder Vehicle
http://www.hasbro.com/pl/page.viewproduct/product_id.16369/dn/starwars/default.cfm

ARC-170 Starfighter
http://www.hasbro.com/pl/page.viewproduct/product_id.16366/dn/starwars/default.cfm

Landspeeder
http://www.hasbro.com/pl/page.viewproduct/product_id.16367/dn/starwars/default.cfm

Naboo Starfighter
http://www.hasbro.com/pl/page.viewproduct/product_id.16370/dn/starwars/default.cfm

TIE Bomber
http://www.hasbro.com/pl/page.viewproduct/product_id.16368/dn/starwars/default.cfm

Yippee! :D

StarmanSkywalker
06-04-2005, 11:10 AM
Oh. 'scuse me. Was my thread merged in or why is it part of this thread all of a sudden? :confused:

Anyway, sorry for not delivering the newest news.

good shot jansen
06-04-2005, 11:17 AM
i had merged the two threads, as they were very similar in topic. i left your thread title in lieu of mine as it is a better title, as well as being more descriptive than the title i had used.

one of the functions of mods here at ssg, is to try and keep similar threads together in hopes of making navigation easier. :)

i also added a header paragraph in the 1st post of this thread giving a direct link to your post that includes all the photos of the 3rd wave.

i had only included the link for several, not all of the titaniums that will be released as part of the next wave. i was primarily focusing in on ships that had never been released before.

i had actually thought that the tie bomber and landspeeder had been released in the 1st wave titaniums, bnut after your post, i double checked, and you are right, they are indeed part of the next wave.

Kidhuman
06-04-2005, 12:17 PM
These are awesome. WarStar, I havent forgotten about you, need to get the reciept and all. WIll get you a PM, later today or tomorrow.

Slicker
06-04-2005, 12:52 PM
These are indeed really neat looking. I've never been a fan of the MM line (although I have most of them made) but these look especially nice above all the TIE Bomber.

Hopefully I can find these as readily as the second wave (which I can still easily find) or else you're gonna have to hook a brotha up again KH.

Kidhuman
06-05-2005, 11:52 AM
I hope I can get em, there is so many wave 2 around here its not funny. If the 2nd wave hits clearance I will buy em so I can open some of em.

JediTricks
06-06-2005, 11:15 PM
Thanks KH! :D

I asked Steve to get Hasbro to comment on those Action Fleet links, as 3PO would say, just old data sir, pay it no mind.

TIE Bomber is one of my favorites, I had originally lost mine and actually had to replace it, so now I technically have 2, dunno if I need a 3rd. I have the Landspeeder right here on my desk, it's pretty neat too but I hope Hasbro ditches those intentionally-off-center wheels for centered ones.

sicqnus
06-07-2005, 07:57 AM
That picture of the Homing Spider Droid is of the Action Fleet model. I am an expert on the subject of this never-produced AF toy, mostly because I have been jonesing for one of these since I first saw them, to have something to place opposite the AF AT-TE in a diorama.
How I understand you.

and what kills me is that the person who owns it owns two or three out of the four that exist in the entire world
Me ?

although only two are painted.
It kills me every time I think about it. :)
I know four protos, one unpainted and three painted. In the three painted you have one loose with trademarks, one boxed with trademarks, one (early stage) painted without trademarks. The two boxed ones are in mock-up Republic Attack Cruiser boxes.

Hi Scak,

Unfortunately it seems the plastic Action Fleet line is gone for good... But I hope the new 6" line will includes lots of war machines including well proportionate capital ships and some good guys and bad guys stuff. :sur:
The Millenium Falcon and Vader's Tie showed at CIII were displayed side by side with their Action Fleet counterparts but only to show what's gone and what's could be the future.
More desktop models than toys indeed.
I don't care if they are great.
I would love to see tiny pilots, at least in the fighters cockpits.

Kidhuman
06-07-2005, 12:27 PM
My pleasure JT, just LMK which you eed and same deal will apply

SWAFMAN
06-07-2005, 03:46 PM
... But I hope the new 6" line will includes lots of war machines including well proportionate capital ships and some good guys and bad guys stuff. :sur:
The Millenium Falcon and Vader's Tie showed at CIII were displayed side by side with their Action Fleet counterparts but only to show what's gone and what's could be the future.
More desktop models than toys indeed.
I don't care if they are great.
I would love to see tiny pilots, at least in the fighters cockpits.

siq', is there any 100% definite proof that there will be 6" metallic SW ships from Hasbro?

aricajade
06-07-2005, 03:48 PM
Does anybody have any new/rumors on when the Titanium Wave 3 will start to show up?

I hadn't paid attention until this week, but the Series 2 have quietly dried up here in southern WV.

Kidhuman
06-07-2005, 11:43 PM
Should be around July, every three months I believe is release

AndyW
06-08-2005, 08:26 AM
I want these too, that ARC-170 looks brilliant.

Are any of the online retailers ever going to sell these, EE, D&SToys?

Kidhuman
06-08-2005, 12:19 PM
They are a WM exclusive, so maybe walmart.com has em. If not, I have been hooking people up because I can get em. LMK what wave 2 you want and I will be more than glad to get em on lay-a-way for you and you can send me money + shipping for them ANdy. I have hooked JT, SLicker and Warstar up, so they can vouch for me.

JediTricks
06-08-2005, 06:28 PM
What? I can't vouch for you! ;) Just kidding, I can, KH rocks. :D

I can't find a listing on Hasbro's site for the oddly-named Gold Leader X-wing, think it's been rightfully canned?

KH, from this wave (or what we're seeing so far, there may be more), I need the Naboo Fighter, ARC-170, and ISP Speeder (Clone Swampseeder as it was originally called in the catalog). On the off chance I find any of them in my area, I'll let you know.

Kidhuman
06-09-2005, 01:58 AM
Sounds good JT, will keep an eye out and let you know when I spot em

Warstar
06-09-2005, 04:36 PM
Hey KH :)

S'all good- I just got done moving so I haven't been online lately. PM me the cost of the Titaniums and we can go from there :)

BTW- JediTricks- I live in Montana and I just wrote SirSteve that I would be willing to pick the Ep III Lottery Tickets here for anyone for cost of the tickets + shipping (which wouldn't be too much- $2 per ticket- no tax here- and $.37 for First Class postage :D)

Let me know if you'd be interested in any- and that goes for anyone who reads this.

Othewise, the new Wave III Titaniums ROCK! I'm glad I decided to keep them around :)

Kidhuman
06-10-2005, 01:35 AM
What Lotto tickets Warstar? I might have you get me one and mail it as part of payment. Thanks. I just have to dig up the reciept and figure the cost of the AT-RT into it and I will send that tomorrow.

Warstar
06-10-2005, 08:31 PM
These lotto tickets, KH:

http://www.montanalottery.com/games/star_wars_eight_characters.asp

They're $2 each and there are 8 of them. I haven't personally gone to look for any of them yet but I will if there are enough people interested. There be a lot of gas stations in this town, ARRR! ;)

Hmmm- a complete trade for tickets (cost for cost- up to however many tickets you want) or partial trade (each tick $2 to the Titanium total) or whatever you'd like to do would be cool with me on this.

Let me know what you want to do and thanks for the Titanium patience :D

Keep me posted!

JediTricks
06-10-2005, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the offer WS, but I can't even drum up personal interest in the ones they put out here in Cali, I'm only picking up a set for a friend (and that has been quite the chore, since I barely get the chance to get to stores with these and there are 12 and not in direct order)... it's also hard not to scratch 'em and see if I've won money. :greedy:

Kidhuman
06-11-2005, 01:18 AM
These lotto tickets, KH:

http://www.montanalottery.com/games/star_wars_eight_characters.asp

They're $2 each and there are 8 of them. I haven't personally gone to look for any of them yet but I will if there are enough people interested. There be a lot of gas stations in this town, ARRR! ;)

Hmmm- a complete trade for tickets (cost for cost- up to however many tickets you want) or partial trade (each tick $2 to the Titanium total) or whatever you'd like to do would be cool with me on this.

Let me know what you want to do and thanks for the Titanium patience :D

Keep me posted!

WS,

I will take Grievous, Obi-Wan and Vader if you dont mind. I sent you a PM and gave you the total for the trade, just subtract if off the total and it will be all good.

Warstar
06-13-2005, 05:59 PM
I noticed that Cali lotto- those coins are stupid, IMHO.

How did Lucas sell out for a LOTTO game? I mean really...

Anyway, no problemo KH- I PM'd ya- Thanks! :)

JediTricks
06-14-2005, 07:22 PM
2005 was the year of the Lucasfilm sell-out, "everything must go, especially Star Wars' dignity!" ;)

Kidhuman
06-15-2005, 12:50 AM
nicely put JT....

AndyW
06-22-2005, 06:14 AM
They are a WM exclusive, so maybe walmart.com has em. If not, I have been hooking people up because I can get em. LMK what wave 2 you want and I will be more than glad to get em on lay-a-way for you and you can send me money + shipping for them ANdy. I have hooked JT, SLicker and Warstar up, so they can vouch for me.

Sorry for the severe delay in replying, have been off forum for a good few weeks. Back now though!

You will have pm shortly, and I don't need anyone to vouch for you, your a regular, I 'recognise' you :D

Kidhuman
06-22-2005, 11:09 AM
Pm sent back, when I see them you got one.....