View Full Version : Most Important Planets
06-05-2005, 01:49 AM
Now that all the movies are out, what do you think is the 5 most important planets in the saga. Rank 1 being the most important to 5. Give reasons why too.
5. Endor- It's where the fall of the Empire takes place.
4. Poliss Masi (sp?)- It's the birthplace of Luke and Leia; where Padme dies.
3. Bespin- Where Luke learns the truth about his father.
2. Coruscant- Where the Empire is formed.
1. Tatooine- Where it all began; Anakin was born here; Luke was raised here; Threepio was built here; first into to Han and Chewie was here and their friendship formed here.
06-05-2005, 07:50 AM
Anakin wasn't born on Tatooine, he was there after him and Schmi were sold to Gardula the Hutt. But I agree about Tatooine being #1.
06-05-2005, 07:54 AM
Also, I'd say Naboo is more important than Polis Massa. Especially since, after Tatooine and Coruscant, it's been in the movies the most. I'd say:
Sith Lord 0498
06-05-2005, 01:10 PM
1) Tatooine - It's the center of the entire Star Wars saga. Anakin's discovery by Qui-Gon, Anakin's first severe dip into the Dark Side, Luke's home, Obi-Wan's exile, and the first meeting of Luke and Han. To borrow from a historical reference: "All roads lead to Tatooine."
2) Death Star 2 (hey it's big enough to count) - Luke matures into a full Jedi Knight, Darth Sidious is ultimately destroyed, Anakin Skywalker finds redemption, and the Force is brought back into balance at last.
3) Mustafar - Anakin and Obi-Wan's fateful duel and the true "birthplace" of Darth Vader (when he truly fell deep into the Dark Side b/c before this you could still see a strong conflict within him).
4) Bespin - The turning point in Luke's life where he goes from naive farmboy and Rebel pilot to a more emotionally mature Jedi apprentice just with a single four-word statement: "I am your father."
5) Coruscant - The homeworld of the Republic and Empire where Sidious' plot is bred to completion.
06-05-2005, 01:27 PM
1. Tatooine-This is the obvious #1 choice. Anakin grows up and meets the Jedi, Luke is thrown into the Galactic Civil War, and the clan rescues Han from Jabba plus we get to see Luke use Force powers not previously seen by him like the Force choke and deflecting laser blasts with the lightsaber.
2. Naboo-This is where the first of many battles would take place. If this battle had been lost Palps plans would have been accelerated and the Empire would've been formed 20 years early.
3. Bespin-Luke finds out the truth about his father, he develops his force skills by facing off against the most powerful Jedi ever and lives to tell about it. I'd say he did pretty good.
4. Coruscant-The seat of The Republic and later the Empire. All of Palps shady dealings go one here and Darth Vader is born (in name) here.
5. Endor-The Second Death Star along with the Empires fates are decided on this back water planet. Without destroying the Shield Generator on the planet the Rebel Fleet would've been crushed and it would've been very tough to regroup after a thrashing like they would've received.
Honorable Mention Hoth-I always saw this as an important planet in that it shows just how desperate the Empire is to finish the war if they go out of the way to try and get at the Rebels. I honestly don't think the Rebels could do much to harm the Empire from such a remote location but the Empire must see the Rebels as a direct threat to take the majority of the starfleet (including their largest ships ) to defeat them. Also the only reason they found it was due to Darth Vaders urge to find Skywalker. Without him Hoth may have gon undiscovered for a long time.
06-05-2005, 07:30 PM
1. Tatooine: Lets face it everyone that is important has made their way here at some point, or were born here, in either PT or OT
2. Death Star I: This sets the stage for all other planet destroyers. If it wasn't for Tarkin and his lackies and the Death Star's main weapon, Bail, his wife and all of Alderaan would still be here...The Empire kicks @$$
3. Death Star II: Follows in the footsteps of its older brother. The rebel alliance lost a good part of its fleet to this monster. It is also the location of Palpatine's death, Vader's redemption, and the destruction of the Star Destroyer Executor...Damn rebels and their goody goody ways!
4. Dagobah: Yoda's hiding place for god knows how many years only to be the last planet he is ever on (that we know of) when he dies, and it is also the location of Luke's Jedi training.
5. The rest of the planets EVER mentioned or seen. They all have something important happen on them, but lets face it could be here for days trying to figure out what event/planet is more important than another one.
Does Polis Massa count as a planet ? I thought it was a meteor.
5) Anoat - 'cause Han and Leia should have hid there
4) Ord Mantell - 'cause that's where Dengar comes from
3) Hoth - 'cause that's where 2-1B did some of his best work
2) Sullust - 'cause that's where Nien Nunb comes from
1) Iego - 'cause that's where Angels come from
lol lol lol
06-05-2005, 11:17 PM
1. Coruscant - where the birth of both the Rebellion and the Empire take place, as well as where the extremination of the Jedi begins. Without it, you don't have the OT.
2. Tatooine - for all the reasons previously mentioned.
3. Alderaan - where Princess Leia is raised and trained in the art of diplomacy, to help take down the Empire from the inside.
4. Endor - the final battle, to finally eradicate the Empire.
5. Dagobah - the place where Luke trains to be a Jedi, without which Vader and Palpatine would never be destroyed.
06-06-2005, 01:39 PM
1) Iego - 'cause that's where Angels come from
I second that. Endor, Schmendor.
Also, where did Dengar meet Manaroo? That's #2 easily. :crazed:
They met on Boss Pity (or whatever that planet is that Master Vos is on during ROTS) and had their nuptials on Dengar's home planet of Ord Mantell. They also honeymooned there.
06-06-2005, 02:41 PM
Did Boba "Absolutley dead in the belly of the Sarlaac" Fett accompany them? I mean, what a great story, to have Fett and Dengar be good friends.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.