PDA

View Full Version : Episode III on DVD

DarkArtist
06-06-2005, 05:48 PM
Was just on TheForce.net and according to Comingsoon.net we are to see six Star Wars DVD's released this fall. Revenge of the Sith on 11/1 and a possible 6 disc collector's set with all six films and hopefully a tons of extra's. it also looks like we will be able to buy all six films seperately as well.

Rocketboy
06-06-2005, 07:33 PM
Or it might be the standard discs we already have. Seems too soon for another edition.

There will also be two seperate trilogy sets.

Kidhuman
06-06-2005, 11:30 PM
Thats cool. We shall see what is released and bought by KH.

2-1B
06-07-2005, 01:52 AM
I will rebuy TPM if the puppet Yoda has been replaced.

CaptainSolo1138
06-07-2005, 09:17 AM
I won't if Mace "Dyn-o-mite" Windu has been replaced. :p

2-1B
06-08-2005, 02:30 AM
Okay, let's compromise:

I get to have the CGI Yoda replace the Mace stand in

*and*

You get to have Jimmy Walker sitting on the Council in that crappy puppet's stead.

Deal ? :confused:

CaptainSolo1138
06-08-2005, 09:35 AM
J.J. on the Council?! You have a deal and I have an idea for what I want to see in the new TV show!!

Rocketboy
06-08-2005, 10:04 PM
dynomite!!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-03-2005, 01:46 AM
So, right now i'm an employee at the local wal-mart in the electronics department. I came in today and my co-associate, Tommy, said he talked to "the vendor" this morning and she said that Fox is pushing for a late August/early September release for ROTS and the release date for November is really the box set of all 6. I laughed at him and told him he's crazy and he just said that's what he was told. This vendor was probably lying, crazy, or misread something, but I thought i'd report it. I REALLY doubt it though. :)

Jargo
07-03-2005, 08:02 AM
Why doubt it? it's surely easier to do a DVD now th whole movie is digital. they just do a straight transfer with no messing around. makes the time factors shorter. plus an early release capitalises on the success of the movie. and if there's a second release as a box set i would imagine they'd be banking on that being the big earner. so shoving out the movie as a two disk set or even a one disk so soon is neither here nor there.
Personally i'll buy the regular disk of ROS and then ignore the 6 disk set and wait until they do a super deluxe set with bucketloads of extras which is bound to happen. I'm just going to wait and get whichever box set offers the most for my money.

JimJamBonds
07-03-2005, 03:25 PM
I would hope it would not be that quick of a turnaround between the release of ROTS and the saga box set. A couple months is a joke and is saying all Lucasfilm wants is our money. If it were maybe NEXT Christmas I'd be fine with that.

El Chuxter
07-03-2005, 07:37 PM
Um, Clone Wars Volume II, anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Kidhuman
07-03-2005, 11:21 PM
Im in for CWV2

darko666
07-04-2005, 12:14 AM
has there been any release date for Clone Wars Volume II? i haven't found any info. i'm looking forward to it's release, as i'm sure it will come out before ROTS.

2-1B
07-04-2005, 12:56 AM
I would hope it would not be that quick of a turnaround between the release of ROTS and the saga box set. A couple months is a joke and is saying all Lucasfilm wants is our money. If it were maybe NEXT Christmas I'd be fine with that.

My impression is that this first boxed set won't be the one trying to get our money, I think it's going to be exactly the same as what we have already . . . just a rerelease for new buyers of the saga . . . the "double dip" will come in a year or two or three when they kick out a different boxed set with new bonus features and/or tinkered-with scenes. :)

JimJamBonds
07-04-2005, 01:45 PM
has there been any release date for Clone Wars Volume II? i haven't found any info. i'm looking forward to it's release, as i'm sure it will come out before ROTS.

Nothing on Amazon.com or Barnes and Noble.com

El Chuxter
07-05-2005, 12:07 PM
If they don't announce it at Comic Con, I'm asking at either the forum or the breakfast. It's pretty strange that it wouldn't come out prior to ROTS.

JimJamBonds
07-05-2005, 12:47 PM
My impression is that this first boxed set won't be the one trying to get our money, I think it's going to be exactly the same as what we have already . . . just a rerelease for new buyers of the saga . . . the "double dip" will come in a year or two or three when they kick out a different boxed set with new bonus features and/or tinkered-with scenes. :)

I hope you're right Caesar.

Elliejabbapop
07-05-2005, 01:36 PM
Or it might be the standard discs we already have.

I hope so, because I'm not sure I'm rich enough :p

TheDarthVader
07-06-2005, 10:57 AM
I will be excited to see some deleted scenes from ROTS. Hopefully the scenes will explain a little more.

I agree with you guys. WHERE IS CLONE WARS VOL 2? We need it now!

I hope I don't have to rebuy the OT just to get more bonus features. That would really suck.

B.
TDV

JimJamBonds
07-06-2005, 11:05 AM
Looks like we will have to wait one more week for ROTS.

"The progression from a summer theatrical release to a holiday video release is a well-worn path," says industry analyst Tom Adams, president of Adams Media Research. "Even late-summer releases will be out in time for the holidays."

The year's No. 1 movie so far, Star Wars, Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, is expected to arrive in stores Nov. 8. That was the same week that top sellers Shrek 2 and Finding Nemo came out in previous years.

For the full article....
http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2005-07-04-dvd-holiday-releases_x.htm

kool-aid killer
07-06-2005, 11:07 AM
Im with you on that, i would hate to have to buy the OT again just to get some new bonus features. Hopefully that isnt for another couple of years, that way i wont feel like im getting stiffed. Clone Wars volume 2 will be awesome to own on dvd, i loved those toons.

General_Grievous
07-10-2005, 06:26 PM
nov. 8th. Hmm...just under four months away. Awesome. I just hope they include more than 5 deleted scenes.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-18-2005, 02:20 AM
some sketchy specs are up as well as a few random shots of the "rebellion birth" scene which features mon Mothma.

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=7135&n=1&burl=

ta!

JEDIpartner
07-18-2005, 08:19 AM
In all honesty, I think the "creation of the Rebellion" scene needs to be reinstated in the final version of the film. It is such a key moment and it gives a little more weight to Padme's character other than "fretting" and "crying". I was a little more than disappointed when that's all she had become. Furthermore, I... never mind. I'll leave that for another thread.

JimJamBonds
07-18-2005, 09:37 AM
I agree jp the rebellion scene should be added to the movie. If they can add all the extra pod race stuff then they sure as heck can add this scene.

El Chuxter
07-18-2005, 12:11 PM
Clone Wars II is also confirmed "by the end of the year."

scruffziller
07-18-2005, 01:33 PM
I'm just glad I have a crystal clear bootleg copy of ROTS.

JEDIpartner
07-18-2005, 01:40 PM
...because?

JimJamBonds
07-18-2005, 01:53 PM
I know of a few people with bootleg copies of ROTS, oddly enough I'm not really interested in a copy. In another situation I'd probably take up that offer but for some reason I don't feel like it and would rather wait untill November. Why??? Beats me.

scruffziller
07-19-2005, 10:33 AM
...because?

I don't want to buy the official release until it comes with the 6 box set with the extra 20 minutes added to it.

JimJamBonds
07-19-2005, 11:24 AM
I don't want to buy the official release until it comes with the 6 box set with the extra 20 minutes added to it.

Woo woo wooo who are these extra 20 minutes you are talking about? Do you mean the 4-5 deleted scenes or something else? :confused: :confused: :confused:

El Chuxter
07-19-2005, 12:08 PM
Forgot to comment on the "Birth of the Rebellion" scene.

This absolutely should have been included, if for no other reason than that seeing Mon Mothma twice does a better job of tying the trilogies together than an R5-D4 cameo.

I don't recall the name of the actress who played Mon (at either age), but the young Mon Mothma actress does an incredible job of portraying the character. They could not have cast her more perfectly. It's a shame she was cut from the final film.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-19-2005, 12:48 PM
Forgot to comment on the "Birth of the Rebellion" scene.

This absolutely should have been included, if for no other reason than that seeing Mon Mothma twice does a better job of tying the trilogies together than an R5-D4 cameo.

I don't recall the name of the actress who played Mon (at either age), but the young Mon Mothma actress does an incredible job of portraying the character. They could not have cast her more perfectly. It's a shame she was cut from the final film.
Caroline Blakiston played her in ROTJ and Geneveive O'Reilly in ROTS.

From the pictures, it looks to me like this wasn't the only scene where they talk about the "rebellion." I remember seeing some pictures of Padmé (sporting the dreadlocks seen on the poster but MIA in the film) with Meena Tills and Fang Zar, and I believe that Bana Breemu was also going to be here. Maybe this was all one big scene? I think, if anything, they should at least reinstate the scenes with Padmé to show as still being politically strong as she was in TPM and AOTC. I don't think it would mess up the pacing or anything.

JimJamBonds
07-19-2005, 12:51 PM
Somebody provided a link that said the rebellion birth would be on the E 3 dvd, not something extra special that will be in the saga box set.

tagmac
07-22-2005, 09:14 AM
It has been confirmed in this excerpt from the Homing Beacon e-mail. The Birth of the Rebeliion scene WILL be on the DVD! :)

"Episode III DVD On Its Way. The Summer of Sith is not over yet, but already there's more Episode III to look forward to at the end of '05. Though exact release dates and feature-specs have yet to be revealed, Sansweet did preview some of what was to come. Like the DVDs for Episodes I and II, the Episode III DVD will contain completed deleted scenes -- with score, sound and visual effects -- as bonus material. He even screened one of these lost scenes exclusively to the Comic-Con audience: the first clandestine meeting of concerned Senators Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, Padmé Amidala and others to forge an Alliance to restore the Republic."

Now, all wee need is an extended Wookiee battle sequence (like was done with the Podraces), Yoda on dagobah, Yoda, Chewie, and Tarfful attacking some clones, an extended Jedi Temple massacre scene (w/ Shaak Ti's death), a longer scene of Anakin killing the seperatists, an extended oipening space battle, and most importantly of all, Qui-Gon! Heck, even the alternate version of the Palpy scene where he uses Anakin's sabre would be great!

....unfortunately, like the previous two, we'll end up getting 30 second deleted garbage, like an extended birthing scene, an extra few seconds of Jar Jar talking, and an "alternate" view of the firefighter ship scene. Considering we never got the cut Darth Maul footage on Ep. 1, why should we expect anything really good on the Ep III DVD (other than the rebellion scene), especially when this movie has the most deleted footage that should have been included.

El Chuxter
07-22-2005, 12:09 PM
Actually, it was confirmed in San Diego last Friday when Steve Sansweet said it to the crowd of about 6,000 at Comic Con and showed the scene. :)

JimJamBonds
07-22-2005, 11:28 PM
Actually, it was confirmed in San Diego last Friday when Steve Sansweet said it to the crowd of about 6,000 at Comic Con and showed the scene. :)

Ummm are you going to help a brother out and tell us how that scene played out or are ya' going to keep holding out on us Chux? ;)

jjreason
07-23-2005, 01:34 AM
Well I'm no Chux, but I feel at least a little qualified to take up the helm for this answer as I was seated directly to his right at the exact moment this scene was presented. :)

It takes place in a well lit Senatorial office. Padme is there with Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, Fang Tzar and one other Senator (black fellow with the grey uniform on, I can't remember his name but it's in the novel).

Mon and Bail bring up their idea of forming an "organization". Padme seems noncommital, though interested, and suggests they not speak out loud of such as a thing as it would likely be overheard.

the whole thing lasted about a minute, and I can't for the life of me understand why it had to be axed. Editing schmediting, with that scene in there at least 1/2 the Mon Mothmas sitting on WalMart pegs at this time would have been sold by now. It's not a really dynamic scene, but it has such importance to the story, again I can't see why it was cut.

JimJamBonds
07-23-2005, 12:28 PM
JJ you are more then worthy to post your review. :p Sounds like a decent scene that was cut, if its only a minute then it doesn't make sense why it didn't make it. Was there any sort of comment on where the scene was in the film before it found the floor?

jjreason
07-23-2005, 01:59 PM
Was there any sort of comment on where the scene was in the film before it found the floor?

No mention, but I'd speculate that it would be included pretty closely before the converation between Ani and Padme during which he says she's sounding like a separatist. It felt to me (having not seen the deleted scene or read the novel when I first watched ROTS) that she was already thinking along those rebellious lines.

scruffziller
07-24-2005, 03:47 AM
Woo woo wooo who are these extra 20 minutes you are talking about? Do you mean the 4-5 deleted scenes or something else? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Something I heard but it is probably a rumor now that I think about. Possibly.
I think I heard that the box set was going to have every single deleted scene added back into it on all 6 movies. But I still may buy the release in November.

JON9000
07-24-2005, 10:55 AM
I really need a bigger TV to enjoy ROTS properly. My standard 27 inch tube just won't do it justice when there is so much detail crammed in, particularly in the opening sequence. $3,000 stands between me and real viewing pleasure.

JimJamBonds
07-24-2005, 11:33 AM
Something I heard but it is probably a rumor now that I think about. Possibly. I think I heard that the box set was going to have every single deleted scene added back into it on all 6 movies. But I still may buy the release in November.

No mention, but I'd speculate that it would be included pretty closely before the converation between Ani and Padme during which he says she's sounding like a separatist. It felt to me (having not seen the deleted scene or read the novel when I first watched ROTS) that she was already thinking along those rebellious lines.

Both sound good to me! :classic:

hango fett
07-24-2005, 05:04 PM
any word if this will come out on the PSP? that would make my year....having it on the PSP.....ah....if only.
HF

El Chuxter
07-25-2005, 12:19 PM
any word if this will come out on the PSP? that would make my year....having it on the PSP.....ah....if only.
HF

Something tells me no.

El Chuxter
07-25-2005, 02:26 PM
thedigitalbits.com (http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html#0722) is reporting that ROTS is scheduled for 11/1/05, and Clone Wars Volume 2 for 12/6/05.

ARE THEY INSANE?!?!?

Seriously. I've been looking forward to sitting down for a huge marathon viewing of the entire saga, based on the assumption that anyone whose head wasn't permanently stuck in his or her own butt would release Clone Wars no later than the same day of the ROTS release.

I've got to wait five whole weeks to watch my damn ROTS DVD?

I think I need to drive up to the Presidio and do some serious crotch-kicking.

Ji'dai
07-25-2005, 04:18 PM
In between kicks, tell 'em to release all the DROIDS and EWOKS cartoons in their original episodic format on DVD as well. And have them toss in that Fett cartoon from the Holiday Special too while they're at it.

Battle Droid
07-25-2005, 11:50 PM
THE DVD COVER REVEALED!

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/video/news20050725.html

Slicker
07-26-2005, 02:10 AM
Also, to congest our SW lives they're releasing Battlefronts II the same day as ROTS. The story is on the home page but I'm too lazy to get a link.

2-1B
07-26-2005, 02:43 AM
Chux, I'm really surprised at that, too . . . I figured CWV2 would be released AT THE LATEST on the same day as ROTS. :(

Damn, I like that DVD cover . . . I'm buying 50 of thgem to use as stocking stuffers. lol lol lol

El Chuxter
07-26-2005, 12:08 PM
I realized last night that they're probably going to put an ad for Clone Wars on the ROTS DVD, and thus hopefully increase their sales in the Christmas season by increasing the number of folks actually aware of it.

Of course, it still sucks that I have to wait more than a month for the marathon.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-26-2005, 12:28 PM
Chux, there are other ways obtaining the second season of Clone Wars my friend. Granted, the involve some naughty ways of the internet, but only to hold one over till the official release of the DVD this year. All i know is that I'll be having a COMPLETE marathon come November. ;)

and i really love that DVD cover. A LOT. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-26-2005, 01:02 PM
That's a sweet cover! I wonder if they'll be releasing all six in one set, as they said they would, since there's no mention of it on the official site. I like how they're releasing Battlefront II that day, as they released the first one on the same day as the OT box set last year.

JimJamBonds
07-26-2005, 01:02 PM
Damn, I like that DVD cover . . . I'm buying 50 of thgem to use as stocking stuffers. lol lol lol

Don't forget to wrap those in all of the "Who's your daddy?" posters we 'acquired.' ;)

Warstar
07-26-2005, 03:20 PM
I am sure this has been said already but I am not going through 6 pages to see if it has.

I REALLY hope they release Ep 3 with a box that can house Ep 1 and Ep 2, and maybe an upcoming doc DVD or something. That'd be the smartest thing to do since a box set for these movies is obviously coming now. I hope that they're consumer friendly and make the Ep 3 box that way, because buying a 6 DVD set of all the Star Wars movies along with the bonus DVD from the original trilogy is something I would NOT buy because, simply, why buy twice? Unless he DTS'd them or something? Not worth it.

PLEASE DON'T LET THIS BE A RE-RELEASE FEST, LUCAS! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! :D

Several anime manufacturers release their first volumes in their series with collector boxes with room for the other 6 or 7 DVD's in the series (ADV Films, most notably), so doing a Star Wars DVD Ep. 3 box with space for the Ep 1 and Ep 2 DVD's is not unheard of.

Let's cross our collective fingers...

JimJamBonds
07-26-2005, 10:39 PM
I'm going to guess and say that the ROTS release will be the same as E's I and II. I think it would be neat if it came in a box that allowed us to put the first two movies in but I wouldn't bet on it. Besides I, II and III will be right next to each other to begin with do they really need to be in the same box? I suspect there will be some double releasing going on... heck it already began with the OT release on DVD. Everybody and their uncle has been saying there will be a saga box set. I'm going to guess (ie HOPE) that when the saga set is released that there will be new bonus items on the extra disk/disks. :ermm:

JimJamBonds
07-28-2005, 11:16 AM
Looks like its 'back' to Nov. 1 release date, since thats what SW.com says I'm going to say that is the magical date.

2-1B
07-28-2005, 12:26 PM
I don't need a new box for the prequels, I don't display the OT DVDs in that box so I certainly don't need a new one for the preeks.

JimJamBonds
07-28-2005, 12:38 PM
I don't need a new box for the prequels, I don't display the OT DVDs in that box so I certainly don't need a new one for the preeks.

The box the box!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-02-2005, 05:08 PM
So, it seems that starwarsshop.com is going to sell ROTS for the low low price of: 29.98! You HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. Maybe if Natalie Portman delivered it to my house and thanked me for being a geek, i MIGHT consider this nutty price. Oh, Lucas, your love for $$ makes me grin! :crazed:

Ji'dai
08-02-2005, 05:32 PM
Maybe if Natalie Portman delivered it to my house and thanked me for being a geek, i MIGHT consider this nutty price. Where do you live? I'll send Nat over first thing November 1.

I got this email too but I'll pass. They must figure a 2-DVD set at $15 per disc. I paid $10 for the AOTC DVD at TRU so I think I'll be waiting for ROTS to hit retail as well.

JimJamBonds
08-02-2005, 11:21 PM
I checked out the price at Amazon.com and the list price is $29.98 but the sale price is $15.98. Best Buy has it at $19.98 and Barnes and Noble.com has it for $20.98 and $18.88 for members. So I'd say if anybody buys it for $29.98 they are a sucker... unless Ms. Portman is delivering! ;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-03-2005, 12:32 PM
So, it seems that starwarsshop.com is going to sell ROTS for the low low price of: 29.98! You HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. Maybe if Natalie Portman delivered it to my house and thanked me for being a geek, i MIGHT consider this nutty price. Oh, Lucas, your love for $$ makes me grin! :crazed:
Even then, they should lower the price a bit if her hair isn't grown back by then. :D

On a somewhat related note, I saw in EW that Harrison Ford helped deliver OT DVDs a few weeks ago! That would have been so awesome!

JimJamBonds
08-03-2005, 12:57 PM
On a somewhat related note, I saw in EW that Harrison Ford helped deliver OT DVDs a few weeks ago! That would have been so awesome!

It was a promotion between Amazon.com and UPS, there were about 10 celeb. special deliveries to unsuspecting people.

DarkArtist
08-04-2005, 03:49 PM
That price is crazy :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: I paid $5.99 for AOTC the first day it was out at Walmart. they had huge bins in the front of the store overflowing with the DVD and a sign that said $5.99.

Battle Droid
08-16-2005, 05:56 PM
From, http://boards.theforce.net/Revenge_of_the_Sith_/b10331/20760919/p10

I lifted this list from Nightly.Net where someone purported that this came from a DVD magazine. The person failed to say which one, however, so take it with a grain of salt:

* Eight exclusive deleted scenes with introductions: The Fuel Tank, Shaking Grievous, Palpatine's Efforts, Shaak Ti's Destiny, Birth of a Rebellion, Yoda's Escape from Kashyyyk (extended), an Old Friend, the Far Planet of Dagobah, a Deathly Building (extended)

* "To the Dark Side" (85 min.): all-new full-length documentary about the production of the last Star Wars episode.

* "The Bridge of the Saga": Taking the last pieces to the puzzle.

* "Brother Vs. Brother" The hard job to get the amazing final duel.

* Two featurettes examining the Anakin's destiny and the special effects.

* Web documentaries

* Exclusive production photos

* One-sheet posters

* International outdoor campaign

* Trailers and TV spots

* "This is not the end of Star Wars": About the future of the Saga.

* ILM visual effects breakdown montage

* Exclusive DVD-ROM content

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-16-2005, 06:56 PM
Sounds good! I'm liking the deleted scenes.

*The Fuel Tank - Probably from Grievous' ship.
*Shaking Grievous - Cool, more Grievous action!
*Palpatine's Efforts - Dunno what this one is.
*Shaak Ti's Destiny - I hope they have both of them on here.
*Birth of a Rebellion - We already knew about this.
*Yoda's Escape from Kashyyyk (extended) - I hope he and the Wookiees fight the clones.
*An Old Friend - YES!!! The Qui-Gon scene! I hope they also reincorporate this into the film.
*the Far Planet of Dagobah - Most of these scenes are all about Yoda . . . but I'd like to see this one.
*A Deathly Building (extended) - Maybe more Tarkin? I don't know what this all could be.

tagmac
08-16-2005, 08:10 PM
Excellent news on the deleted scenes! Looks like we actually got some scenes that not only shouldn't have been cut from the film in the first place, but also won't be mere 20-second "scenes" that are meant to show more Jar Jar or CGI (like we got with the last two DVD's).

Shame we won't get more of the Kashyyk battle scene, but I'm assuming this will at least be Chewie and Tarful blasting some clones, right after we saw Yoda jump on Chewie's shoulder.

JimJamBonds
08-16-2005, 09:59 PM
Sounds good to me, although the wording in a few of them make me wonder if its legit or not.

CaptainSolo1138
08-17-2005, 06:41 AM
Sounds good to me, although the wording in a few of them make me wonder if its legit or not.
I'm with ya. As good as they sound, it's hard to believe this stuff until LFL releases a statement or something.

DarkArtist
08-17-2005, 12:11 PM
I was actually just about to post if anyone had heard of info on the deleted scenes. I too hope they reincoporate them into the DVD like they did with TPM.
I really wish they had filmed the Jedi Battling Palpatine the way the book tells the tale, it makes Palpatine look even better as villian and it just works better then a few splashs of color and groans of fallen Jedi.
I also hopen we see more of the Death Star, that last scene gave me chills. :pleased:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-17-2005, 12:22 PM
Wait, I just realized something . . . it says there'll be eight scenes, but there's nine listed. Maybe the Dagobah/Death Star one will be connected? Or one of the many from the Invisible Hand?

JimJamBonds
08-17-2005, 11:25 PM
Wait, I just realized something . . . it says there'll be eight scenes, but there's nine listed. Maybe the Dagobah/Death Star one will be connected? Or one of the many from the Invisible Hand?

"Houston we have a problem." :p

General_Grievous
08-18-2005, 11:08 AM
I think "Palpatine's Efforts" may be the scene where Padme, Bail, and Mon Mothma are in Bail's office speaking about the negative effects of Palpatine's emergency powers. It was in the comic adaptation.

Wonder what "Shaking Grievous" is. Could be something on Utapau. I really have no idea.

"Birth of a Rebellion" is most likely the meeting of all the senators in Padme's apartment.

I'm really excited about all the deleted scenes, but I'm noticing that some things maybe missing, like Obi-Wan speaking with Padme because he is worried about Anakin (This was before he left for Utapau. It's in the comic adaptation.) and some extended Order 66 deaths. They should incorporate the deaths of Luminara Unduli and Barriss Offee.

Other than that, it's all good.:thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-18-2005, 11:55 AM
Wonder what "Shaking Grievous" is. Could be something on Utapau. I really have no idea.
It's when Grievous gets really cold and starts to shake. :D

:dead:

On the official site, they had a picture from a scene that won't be on the DVD, I guess - when Obi-Wan picks out Boga from the other varactyls and dactillions. There are also a lot of scenes from TPM and AOTC, not to mention the deleted scenes from the OT, that need to be on some future release (and you know they will be).

El Chuxter
08-18-2005, 12:01 PM
"Shaking Grievous" was a hit song by the forgotten 60s one-hit wonder Dooku's Confederacy. Like "The Twist" or "The Locomotion" or many of the other "dance" songs from the time, it was repetitive, juvenile, and better forgotten.

Battle Droid
08-18-2005, 12:42 PM
lol lol lol

JimJamBonds
08-18-2005, 01:38 PM
:dead:

On the official site, they had a picture from a scene that won't be on the DVD, I guess - when Obi-Wan picks out Boga from the other varactyls and dactillions. There are also a lot of scenes from TPM and AOTC, not to mention the deleted scenes from the OT, that need to be on some future release (and you know they will be).

Ehh no lose there, it was in the book and I figured there was no way it would be in the movie. I can do without it there has to be better nuggets out there then this.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-18-2005, 07:06 PM
Ehh no lose there, it was in the book and I figured there was no way it would be in the movie. I can do without it there has to be better nuggets out there then this.
Yeah, I know, but I'd still someday like to see everything that was ever filmed for a SW film.

JimJamBonds
08-19-2005, 12:54 AM
Yeah, I know, but I'd still someday like to see everything that was ever filmed for a SW film.

Heck yeah, splice er all together to make one giant film! :thumbsup:

darth cynik
08-21-2005, 11:26 PM
the deleted scenes all sound amazing even if we don't know what all of them entail. I know they're all just going to add to the coolness that was Ep3.

It would be nice to have the birth of the Rebellion scenes added back in, because it ****ed me off they were cut, as there was no REASON to cut it since it seems critical, but I guess if they're on the DVD for us to see, I'll still feel good about it... (Yeah, they added stuff back into TPM but they didn't do it for AOTC so I'm not expecting that.) I wish we could see Dagobah in the delted scenes too, since it too made the end of the book, but maybe that's not meant to be.

All those scenes sound cool though. The more, the better.

Rocketboy
08-29-2005, 09:27 PM
Revenge On DVD Only
20th Century Fox and LucasFilm will release Star Wars: Episode III—Revenge of the Sith, expected to be one of the season’s top sellers, on DVD only. Star Wars will be the first major new release to skip VHS, some say a move that is unsurprising because of its heavy DVD audience.
Distribution sources said recent Star Wars releases have seen heavy VHS returns from retailers unable to sell off the tapes. LucasFilm and Fox declined to comment other than to confirm that there would be no VHS version.No real surprise there, huh? The only thing I was surprised at was the fact that Sith will be the first to skip VHS.

2-1B
08-29-2005, 10:41 PM
It would be nice to have the birth of the Rebellion scenes added back in, because it ****ed me off they were cut, as there was no REASON to cut it since it seems critical

The reason some of that stuff got cut was because they added new scenes later, so they had to make room. :)

but I guess if they're on the DVD for us to see, I'll still feel good about it... (Yeah, they added stuff back into TPM but they didn't do it for AOTC so I'm not expecting that.)

For AOTC, they added Anakin and Padme's lines in the garage but beyond that I don't they added anything else. Well, the mechanical hand holding at the end, but that was already in the digital theatrical prints. :)

JimJamBonds
08-30-2005, 12:20 AM
For AOTC, they added Anakin and Padme's lines in the garage but beyond that I don't they added anything else. Well, the mechanical hand holding at the end, but that was already in the digital theatrical prints. :)

Not much but they added sparks to Jango's rocketpack when he tries to fly right before he dies.

The 'Xir
08-30-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm still not sold on how Anakins descent to the darkside was played out in the movie, but I love all the exchanges between Palps and Anakin in the book, so I hope all of their exchanges that were filmed but cut make it back into the movie or as deleted scenes! Just as long as we get every last piece of film of the two of them together with Palpatine so eloquently imposing his will and Anakin descending deeper with compounding confusion and built up frustration! :evil:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-30-2005, 05:17 PM
Not having ROTS on VHS is dumb as hell. I wanted to get it on both DVD and VHS to have the whole saga on VHS, but I guess that's a no-go. Too bad, they could've had two times the money from me, and many others.

And also, for AOTC, they added the scene where Anakin and Padmé hold hands at the wedding instead of having them hang by their sides, which was also in the IMAX version.

General_Grievous
08-30-2005, 08:56 PM
They still make VHS tapes? I thought they were discontinued long ago. At Best Buys around here, they're only in the clearance bins. Even Blockbusters around here don't carry VHS tapes anymore. Well, they do, but only for older movies that they don't want to upgrade to DVD. Ah well. We're better off with DVDs anyway.

Rocketboy
09-07-2005, 04:39 PM
DVDAnswers (http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=7135) has ROTS DVD screenshots.

JimJamBonds
09-07-2005, 11:51 PM
Looks good to me. :yes:

General_Grievous
09-08-2005, 04:34 PM
No complaints here. I hope they'll have Yoda throwing the lightsaber through the clone on the Coruscant options screen.

joe-da
09-12-2005, 03:33 PM
I want to see the nos monster scene...

Rocketboy
09-19-2005, 09:44 PM
Wally World (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=4242488) is the first to have a ROTS DVD exclusive..."The Story of Star Wars"

2-1B
09-20-2005, 12:03 AM
I might have to get it at Wal-Mart then . . . but I was hoping they would have exclusive Widevision cards like they did 3 years ago. :)

JimJamBonds
09-20-2005, 12:18 AM
Wally World (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=4242488) is the first to have a ROTS DVD exclusive..."The Story of Star Wars"

Any clue as to what "The story of Star Wars" is??????

2-1B
09-20-2005, 12:53 AM
I bet it's that VCD they released awhile back.

JimJamBonds
09-20-2005, 12:55 AM
I bet it's that VCD they released awhile back.

Can you 'splain?

2-1B
09-20-2005, 01:13 AM
Basically just a fluff piece of reused material released in a little VCD type format for use on a Star Wars player. Wal-Mart sold those things for awhile, probably still do, and now they're going to re-release it on DVD, it appears. :)

JimJamBonds
09-20-2005, 01:15 AM
Ehhh, well it can't be any worse then the crappy cd rom that Best Buy gave away with TPM.

bobafrett
09-20-2005, 11:17 AM
Well, I will be picking up EPIII at Wal-Mart, mostly because I work there, but also because of this nifty bonus DVD. I hope it's not something you have to ask for when purchasing the DVD. I've seen these extra things get lost somewhere in the backroom.

El Chuxter
09-20-2005, 12:18 PM
Satan Wal-Mart's been doing a lot of these exclusive 2-pack dealios, but this is the first I've seen that's available with the Widescreen version of the film. There have been several DVDs I would've gotten there to get the extra, but they don't pack the extras with widescreen, and I refuse to buy mutilated movies.

Elliejabbapop
09-20-2005, 12:39 PM
Curiously enough, widescreen versions are also mutilated in the lower part of the shot.

Rocketboy
09-20-2005, 10:31 PM
TFN has a follow up:
Well soon after I posted thsi news it seems Wal-Mart added the following text to the DVD description:

Walmart Exclusive Bonus Disc. Includes R2-D2 & C-3PO's Chronicles Of Luke And Anakin Skywalker. Almost 60 minutes of additional content.

Thanks to EVERYONE who emailed that in ;-)

I also wanted to point out that Ron Brothers sent in this snipet with his opinion of what the bonus DVD content is.

If this is what I think it is, do you remember a narrative summary of Anakin & Luke's life by the droids which was playing in Wal-mart when the Episode 2 toys were first released? It included footage from all episodes (with the obvious exception of Episode 3) which summarized the Skywalker saga.

So make what you will of it for now, soon as we hear the official word we'll post more news. But for now it looks like an extra 60 minutes of Star Wars, which is good news in my book!

JimJamBonds
09-20-2005, 10:38 PM
Sounds alright but you'd think they'd have some E III stuff in there as well.

Rocketboy
09-26-2005, 06:57 PM
Comingsoon has more on the deleted scenes and special features:

After breaking box-office records and bringing the "Star Wars" saga to an astounding close, the biggest movie of the year gets even bigger when "Revenge of the Sith" debuts on DVD Nov. 1 in a two-disc set that brings remarkable new insight into the creation of this action-filled epic.

The Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith DVD promises an experience that will thrill "Star Wars" fans worldwide, says Jim Ward, the DVD's executive producer and Senior Vice President of Lucasfilm Ltd.

"The fact that 'Revenge of the Sith' was produced digitally means that the picture and sound on this DVD are truly extraordinary," Ward said. "On top of that, the hours of bonus material allow fans to explore the movie in a multitude of ways. For this final 'Star Wars' movie, we wanted to deliver a DVD that would capture the excitement and fun of 'Revenge of the Sith,' and we hope that fans will agree that we've accomplished that."

The centerpiece of the bonus materials is "Within a Minute," a newly produced feature that offers unprecedented insight into the complexity of creating a single 49-second sequence of "Revenge of the Sith." From pre-production artists to costume designers, from camera operators to make-up artists, from sound designers to musicians, "Within a Minute" showcases the massive amount of work that goes into one short sequence. This one-of-a-kind journey was created from more than 600 hours of material gathered throughout the process of making "Revenge of the Sith" and is hosted by Episode III's producer, Rick McCallum.

"There are hundreds of names and jobs in the end credits of 'Revenge of the Sith' -- but hardly anyone understands just what all of those people do and what an enormous contribution they make to the movie," said Tippy Bushkin, the documentary's director. "By focusing on less than 60 seconds of the movie, 'Within a Minute' is almost a 'mini-film school' in which Rick and George examine the entire process of making Episode III in a fun and fascinating way."

In addition to "Within a Minute," the "Revenge of the Sith" DVD offers a host of special features that illuminate the process of creating the epic interstellar adventure. Among them are deleted scenes that bring new perspective to the Star Wars saga.

"The deleted scenes include one that fans have been waiting a long time to see, one that shows Yoda arriving on the swamp-planet of Dagobah, where Luke Skywalker meets him in 'The Empire Strikes Back,'" Ward said. "George worked with Industrial Light & Magic and Episode III Producer Rick McCallum to finish most of these scenes with complete visual effects and sound design, and they bring a new perspective to the movie."

The DVD bonus features also include a newly recorded audio commentary featuring Lucas and key members of the movie's crew. In addition, the DVD offers a pair of brand-new featurettes -- "The Chosen One" and "It's All for Real" -- that look at two of the movie's most popular aspects: Anakin Skywalker's transformation into Darth Vader; and the creation of the amazing stunts in the climactic lightsaber duel between Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

In addition to its Nov. 1 DVD debut in the U.S. and Canada, Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith will be released in most major territories around the world on or about the same day.

tagmac
09-26-2005, 07:06 PM
With Dagobah confirmed, that's two highly requested deleted scnes included. Now, let's hope the Qui-Gon scene and the extended Kashyyk footage are also included.

Kidhuman
09-26-2005, 08:38 PM
Dagobah is sweet. He better put Qui-Gon on it. But I can see him saving it for another set of DVD's

JimJamBonds
09-26-2005, 11:23 PM
Sounds pretty good to me! :)

Rocketboy
09-28-2005, 10:11 AM
Shaak Ti, Fuel tanks, and Dagobah! (http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=21422)

JimJamBonds
09-28-2005, 11:13 AM
I'm guessing thats Obi and Anakin in that shot were Shaak gets it? It looks like then they cut the floor and go into fuel tank? From my understanding that was two different scenes???

I hope there is more to the Dagobah bit then just the ship landing....

CaptainSolo1138
09-28-2005, 02:27 PM
I'm pretty stoked about the cut scenes. I've wanted to see the Shaak Ti scene since I read about it on Hyperspace! How funny that some of the first things shot (Shaak gettin' whacked, the Fuel flood scene) are only in the movie as deleted scenes.

Kidhuman
09-28-2005, 03:18 PM
OK, at the end of the CW cartoons Shaak-Ti was left on Courascant all tied up. How did she get on Grievous' ship?

tagmac
09-28-2005, 03:53 PM
I just hope we're gonna get more than just the four scenes already confirmed - Qui-Gon and extended Kashyyk scenes are a must!

General_Grievous
09-28-2005, 04:16 PM
Killer! The only thing I wish was that they included Shaak getting killed by Ani at the Jedi Temple instead.

Slicker
09-28-2005, 04:19 PM
Yep, I definitely wanted to see Shaak Ti get whacked. Let's hope that they're just holding back on the Dagobah pictures to try and surprise us.

El Chuxter
09-28-2005, 04:37 PM
They should re-edit the movie and have Shaak Ti being killed in a different way in every scene. This could be further enhanced by voice-overs from Ewan MacGregor and Frank Oz that repeatedly say, "Oh my God! They've killed Shaak Ti!" and "B*****ds you are!"

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-28-2005, 06:20 PM
OK, at the end of the CW cartoons Shaak-Ti was left on Courascant all tied up. How did she get on Grievous' ship?
Originally, they were going to have Grievous take Shaak Ti aboard the Invisible Hand in the cartoon, but when they cut that part out of the film, they changed the toon. He was going to kill her then, but they decided to leave her be, and Anakin would kill her at the temple. Well, of course, that got axed too. But she is in the scene where Yoda's on Kashyyyk talking to the Council, and you can see her in hologram form from behind, sitting between Kit Fisto and Stass Allie. :)

So, don't take the deleted scenes as canon.

plasticfetish
10-08-2005, 02:20 PM
OK. Same thing I posted in the "deleted scenes" thread. Seems most appropriate here.

I'll quote from the "Media Information" packet for now...

"The two-disk DVD set of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith]/i] contains not only the epic, action-packed final chapter of the Star Wars saga, but also four hours of bonus material, including:

Exclusive Deleted Scenes With Introductions - View six deleted scenes that were created just for the DVD release. George Lucas and Rick McCallum explain why these scenes didn't make it into the final cut."

(We saw some of these at the junket and they're cool to watch. I'll go through them all later. -PF)

"[i]Within a Minute Documentary Film - Take an inside look into the making of less than 60 seconds of the epic Mustafar battle. Meet all the individuals in every department that brought to life one of the greatest lightsaber duels of the entire saga. Uncover the many layers of the filmmaking process and discover how each department played an important role creating Episode III."

(They showed us a bit of this, it's an hour long -- I think -- and it's really interesting to watch. More later. -PF)

"Feature-Length Audio Commentary - The filmmakers give their perspective of the three-year process of the creation of Episode III and the culmination of the Star Wars saga. Hear from: writer/director George Lucas, producer Rick McCallum, animation director Rob Coleman and ILM visual effects supervisors John Knoll and Roger Guyett.

The Chosen One Featurette - Discover the truth to the prophecy that Anakin is the Chosen One in this exclusive featurette that emphasizes the saga as the story of Darth Vader's redemption. Go behind the scenes as George Lucas connects the dots from Episodes I through IV to uncover the myth of Darth Vader and reveal the man inside the suit.

It's All For Real: The Stunts of Episode III - Join Stunt Coordinator Nick Gillard behind the scenes and witness firsthand the extreme training involved in creating the most intense Jedi action battles of the entire saga. Learn how the actors trained and performed their own stunts, and how the actors trained and performed their own stunts, and how the digital process has taken lightsaber battles to an all new level in this never-before-seen featurette."

(I don't know about you guys, but I love this kind of stuff -- and the more you watch this, Nick Gillard just seems more and more amazing. -PF)

"Web Documentaries - Experience the unparalled 18-part web documentary series that debuted on starwars.com during the making of Revenge of the Sith. This video series takes you inside the crafting of the final Star Wars chapter, from the first story concepts to the last stages of post-production."

More next post...

plasticfetish
10-08-2005, 03:01 PM
More...

"Star Wars Battlefront II trailer and Xbox Game Demo - See the trailer for Star Wars Battlefront II, the all-new videogame that lets you fight the greatest Star Wars battles any way you want - available on Playstation 2 , Xbox, PC and Playstation Portable. Try out a demo of the game by playing the special feature disk in an Xbox console. In this special interactive demo, you can relive Episode III's opening space battle and then fight as a Clone Trooper on the frontlines of Utapau, face off against General Grievousand earn the ability to fight as Obi-Wan Kenobi."

(This game looks great. The PSP version that they had out for us to play was cool. At last a game that makes me really want to buy a PSP. - PF)

"Star Wars Empire at War Trailer - Check out the trailer for the new LucasArts PC game, Star Wars Empire at War. The game puts the power to commabd an entire war within the Star Wars galaxy at your fingertips and gives you the freedom to decide how to do it in a completely scalable and accessible world.

"A Hero Falls" Music Video - Immerse yourself in a musical journey that portrays the tragic fall of Anakin Skywalker using the new theme from Episode III, "Battle of the Heroes," by John Williams.

Poster and Print Campaign/Trailers and TV Spots - Examine the Episode III theatrical posters and the international outdoor advertising used to support the release of Episode III around the world, and watch the theatrical teaser and launch trailers plus 15 TV spots.

Never-Before-Seen Production Photo Gallery - Explore an exclusive, behind-the-scenes gallery of images shot during the making of Episode III. Catch candid moments of George Lucas, the cast and crew during production of Revenge of the Sith.

Exclusive DVD-ROM Content - The key that unlocks exclusive Star Wars content only available through this DVD, including a free trial of Hyperspace, the ultimate online Star Wars experience."

That's what's on it folks. More to come!

2-1B
10-08-2005, 10:09 PM
I hate it when they put video game **** on DVDs. Useless filler.

I'm looking forward to the docs but I'm holding my breath on the "within a minute" thing because I might like a more diverse documentary. But I can't wait to see it and decide for myself. :)

General_Grievous
10-09-2005, 09:52 AM
I hate it when they put video game **** on DVDs. Useless filler.

Tell me about it. That "Making of Episode III Video Game" doc on the OT DVDs was the textbook definition of filler.

plasticfetish
10-09-2005, 12:01 PM
I hate it when they put video game **** on DVDs. Useless filler.In this case, we're talking about a company -- Lucasfilm, Lucasarts -- that's now as much about the game stuff as it is about anything else. It was mentioned at the juket that the first Battlefront sold 3 1/2 million copies, and is on its way to selling 4 million.

Putting the game demo on a movie disk has nothing to do with filler, and everything to do with cross-promotion. The press junket itself was really just as much about the game as it was the movie disk.

For the record, I think the thing my son was most excitied about when I brought the Ep. III disk home, was the Battlefront II demo (he changed his B-day present request to that game. :) ), so obviously someone knew what they were doing when they put this thing together.

2-1B
10-09-2005, 02:12 PM
Yeah dude, cross-promotion stuff IS filler. ;)

I'm buying the DVD for the movie and "value added" stuff related to the movie. not promos for games I have zero interest in. :)

Rocketboy
10-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Especially when that video game filler will be even more pointless in less than a year when the next generation of game systems start arriving.

But I guess it'll be a humorous look back at video game technology 10 years from now.

plasticfetish
10-09-2005, 05:38 PM
But I guess it'll be a humorous look back at video game technology 10 years from now.Let's bet that 10 years from now you'll be looking at DVDs and calling them "old technology," so...

I'm not debating whether or not the game demo is any kind of a reason to buy the disk, but it's not filler... it's an advertisement. (OK, not much different, but a little.) If anything, the "Trailers and TV Spots" stuff is filler.

Anyway... I'd be watching and reviewing the disk right now, but my kid won't stop playing the BF2 demo. :kiss:

2-1B
10-09-2005, 06:43 PM
Nope, the trailers and TV spots for ROTS are directly related to the film and not an attempt to sell you more crap.

Videogame trailers aren't any different than when New Line (for example) puts trailers for other movies on their discs, and I don't see companies advertising that stuff under added value. ;)

plasticfetish
10-09-2005, 07:20 PM
True. I hate it when they put the trailers at the beginning of a disk. That f'in drives me nuts. At least here you have a choice -- it's on the 2nd disk and you need an Xbox to use it. :)

Hey, 3 1/2+ million copies sold of BF1... obviously someone out there might not mind a free BF2 demo.

JimJamBonds
10-09-2005, 10:28 PM
Let's bet that 10 years from now you'll be looking at DVDs and calling them "old technology," so...

Well they've kicked VHS to the curb so its doing pretty good so far, although DVD will be replaced.

Especially when that video game filler will be even more pointless in less than a year when the next generation of game systems start arriving.

Maybe because it is a part of my youth but I'd rather play the good ol' 8 bit over the newer systems most any day. :)

Rocketboy
10-09-2005, 10:42 PM
Nope, the trailers and TV spots for ROTS are directly related to the film and not an attempt to sell you more crap.I see those as more of an archival type of thing. I still love watching the Episode I trailer from time to time.
Maybe because it is a part of my youth but I'd rather play the good ol' 8 bit over the newer systems most any day.Word. As good as some of the new games are nothing beats a classic NES (http://everyvideogame.com/) game.

Rocketboy
10-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Comingsoon (http://http://www.comingsoon.net/news/dvdreviewsnews.php?id=11495) has a review posted already, with a few new screencaps.

A few little things caught my attention:

On some of the other Star Wars DVD's, you had the option of watching the movie with additional scenes included. That's not the case this time around. Instead, the deleted scenes are all viewed separately.Huh? :confused: Does he mean the extended parts like the podrace (in TPM) and Anakin's hand (in AOTC)? If so, then he wasn't too clear on it.

About the Greivous scene:
In the second half of the scene (which is mostly in animatic form), they get out of the fuel tank just as Super Battle Droids start following them. Animatic? What the ****!? :frus:

The cover:
On a side note, it's worth pointing out that Anakin's face on the DVD cover doesn't have his trademark scar. How did that get missed? I never noticed that.

plasticfetish
10-10-2005, 01:01 AM
About the Greivous scene:Animatic? What the ****!? :frus:It's not as bad as it sounds. These deleted scenes are in some cases obviously unfinished. They've edited them together using all of the completed, or semi-completed parts -- in the case of that scene, some of it is edited together using animatic elements.

Let me grab a pic (this is a rough quick one) to show you...

Rocketboy
10-10-2005, 10:07 AM
I stand by my :frus:.

On Ep I and II, the deleted scenes were finished for the DVD release and I expected the same for Ep III.

2-1B
10-10-2005, 11:17 AM
Well, they were kinda finished . . . ever notice Jar Jar swimming underwater during the Waterfall Sequence ? :D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Just curious, has anyone heard of a release or rumors regarding the whole entire Star Wars Saga Episodes I - VI DVD release?

JimJamBonds
10-10-2005, 12:05 PM
I stand by my :frus:.

I agree with your :frus: and add my own :frus:.

On Ep I and II, the deleted scenes were finished for the DVD release and I expected the same for Ep III.

What about the attack on the droid control ship in E II? Or is that just in an 'extra' and not in the deleted scenes part, I don't remember???

plasticfetish
10-10-2005, 12:08 PM
Just curious, has anyone heard of a release or rumors regarding the whole entire Star Wars Saga Episodes I - VI DVD release?More than a rumor, it was mentioned at the junket that eventually they may and probably will, somewhere down the road, put a set together... but they're focusing on selling this Ep. III disk right now. They didn't mention any kind of plans to do just an Eps. I, II and III set either.

We've got a re-issue (of sorts) of the OT (edit: oops) box set coming out. We've got the second Clone Wars Animated disk coming, and that's all there is so far.

-----

Between stopping to look at qestions here, and buying a new car this weekend/today I'm obviously slowly getting to doing a write-up, but I'm more than happy to field questions here for now. :)

2-1B
10-10-2005, 12:09 PM
That's in the extras, JimJam. :)

Hey PF, did you get to see The Rick, Oz, Ian, and Hayden at the junket ?

plasticfetish
10-10-2005, 12:39 PM
That's in the extras, JimJam. :)

Hey PF, did you get to see The Rick, Oz, Ian, and Hayden at the junket ?Yeah! (Sorry I didn't answer you before... I think you asked about that earlier?) We saw all of them at the Q&A in the big theatre at the ranch.

It was really cool seeing all of them. Rob Coleman came out with Frank Oz also -- answered some questions about the process of introducing fully digital characters into the series.

-----

A couple things off the top of my head...

They'll never go back and replace Yoda in the OT (edit: oops) with a CG version. Coleman was very serious about that.

Jar-Jar was mentioned, and they kind of danced around (it was funny though) with that one. Rick McCallum grabbed the mike from Rob Coleman and said that HE created Jar-Jar and it was all his idea (big laugh.) He followed up with saying that they knew going into Ep.I that there would be elements that were created very much for kids (8-12 years old) and that many adults wouldn't like them. Something that they decided ahead of time, "what-the-heck" (my words) that they'd just deal with. Frank Oz then took the mike, going on a bit about how much he honestly loves the Jar-Jar character, and can't understand why so many others don't.

Something else...

They really want to do the 3-D versions of the movies as a theatrical release, but it all depends on the number of digital screens out there. McCallum mentioned that there's something like 400-500 right now, and they want/need to see closer to 3000.

Droid
10-10-2005, 12:54 PM
Frank Oz then took the mike, going on a bit about how much he honestly loves the Jar-Jar character, and can't understand why so many others don't.

I think it is a matter of context. I love Bert, Grover, Miss Piggy, and Fozzie Bear, all wonderful Frank Oz creations, but stick them in Star Wars and suddenly I am VERY unhappy. Jar Jar might have been the be all end all in some other context. Some whacky LucasArts Star Wars Saturday morning cartoon featuring a new character named Jar Jar Binks might have been great (though I doubt it). But he really did not fit in the Star Wars movies, in my humble opinion.

2-1B
10-10-2005, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the update PF, did you get to mingle with them afterward ? I would have had armloads of stuff for Hayden and Ian to sign, then I'd get kicked out for being a goofy fan. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-10-2005, 01:32 PM
I agree with your :frus: and add my own :frus:.

What about the attack on the droid control ship in E II? Or is that just in an 'extra' and not in the deleted scenes part, I don't remember???
That part was never on the DVD. It's in extremely rough form on Hyperspace.

The TPM scenes were all completed, if memory serves me, as they had much more time to do them. The AOTC scenes were a mixed bag - the Obi-Wan/Jedi analysis droids scene was finished before it was cut, but the one where Padmé tells the senators to wake up wasn't (take a look at Jar Jar). There were also some other weird ones, such as Ani and Padmé talking to Poggle with unfinished lightning or something, same deal with Obi-Wan and Mace's discussion in the Jedi starfighter hangar bay (it looked like they just cut-and-pasted the people onto the backgrounds without any touchup).

plasticfetish
10-10-2005, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the update PF, did you get to mingle with them afterward ? I would have had armloads of stuff for Hayden and Ian to sign, then I'd get kicked out for being a goofy fan. :DI was hoping that they'd be around afterwards, but they weren't... not that we could see. (Yeah, no doubt, an autograph or two would have added to the already high cool factor.) You know, the funny thing about an event like this... here we are with a bunch of journalists, photographers, etc. and they're all doing that "professional journalist" thing, but you could really tell that you were in a room full of fans also. It was neat to see people -- journalists from all over the world -- getting excited about seeing the ranch and then the Presidio studios. We were all pretty much just a bunch of goofy fans trying to hold it together and not look like goofy fans. :)

I think it is a matter of context.Oh yeah... you're right, and I won't even bother with going into MY take on the Jar-Jar character here, but I was kind of joking around at the time about raising my hand and volunteering to explain why -- just maybe -- a "few" of the fans didn't care for Jar-Jar.

But you know, ultimately McCallum made their point about the film having been geared very strongly toward younger fans, and even if you don't agree, it's not too hard to understand where they're coming from.

I kind of wanted to ask a follow up question -- given the significant amount of fan dislike for the way the character played out, would they today, in hindsight, have decided to do things differently?

We'd just had a really nice lunch before the presentation though, and so, ummm... ;)

2-1B
10-10-2005, 10:31 PM
I was hoping that they'd be around afterwards, but they weren't... not that we could see. (Yeah, no doubt, an autograph or two would have added to the already high cool factor.) You know, the funny thing about an event like this... here we are with a bunch of journalists, photographers, etc. and they're all doing that "professional journalist" thing, but you could really tell that you were in a room full of fans also. It was neat to see people -- journalists from all over the world -- getting excited about seeing the ranch and then the Presidio studios. We were all pretty much just a bunch of goofy fans trying to hold it together and not look like goofy fans. :)

Yeah, I hear that. I mean, if they've got tons of website related reporters . . . well . . . why else are you guys a part of any particular website unless you have a passion for it, right ? :D

You should have gone up to Hayden and asked him what he thought of all the jackrabbits who slam him on the internet, I'd like to hear what the guy would have to say. ;) Probably too busy thinking about the next hot chick he gets to have some action with onscreen. lol

But you know, ultimately McCallum made their point about the film having been geared very strongly toward younger fans, and even if you don't agree, it's not too hard to understand where they're coming from.

Rick should have pulled an encore and walked out to your auditorium with his signature "This is ****ing awesome." :grin:

JimJamBonds
10-10-2005, 11:33 PM
You should have gone up to Hayden and asked him what he thought of all the jackrabbits who slam him on the internet, I'd like to hear what the guy would have to say. ;) Probably too busy thinking about the next hot chick he gets to have some action with onscreen. lol

What about "Life as a house"? Sure Hayders got the shower scenes with Jena Malone but he also had to pay the piper in a few other scenes as well. lol

plasticfetish
10-21-2005, 05:19 AM
Revenge of the Sith DVD Press Junket

Just over two weeks ago a select group of fans, vaguely disguised as journalists, traveled to attend a press event signaling the November 1st release of both the new Revenge of the Sith DVD and the Star Wars Battlefront II video game. They came from as near as Los Angeles and as far as Australia, Japan and Europe to the San Francisco Bay Area -- in order to visit Skywalker Ranch and the Letterman Digital Arts Center.

---------------------------------------------------------------

At first I sat down to write a basic objective report, but then I got to thinking about how this trip was more than just a "press" event for me, and I’m not really a "journalist" anyway -- it was a significant experience from a fan’s perspective, which is what I am. Throughout the entire thing I was thinking, "Wow, this is amazing. It’d be great if all the other Star Wars fans out there could see this." Now... you should know that we took lots of photos, more than we ever expected to take and no one ever said we couldn’t. At the end of the day it was sort of surprising really. As your "eyes" at the event, it was nice thinking that we could bring back images of everything that we’d seen. Yet later, our generous hosts requested that we not post them -- which is fine, because we’re fans and we’re grateful that we had a chance to attend.

...but that doesn’t do the rest of you any good, and so I wanted to try and push the story a bit, to milk this thing for all of you. I mean, who knows if or when another press event like this will happen again.

Wednesday, October 5th, 2005

Every good trip to the Bay Area begins with a tour of the city. San Francisco is a beautiful city on a peninsula that points north, surrounded on one side by the bay and on the other by the Pacific Ocean. It’s an old city, full of charm and character -- but it’s also a modern city with a long history of playing host to innovations in both art and technology. Our reason for meeting up at this place had everything to do with observing and, as fans, fawning a bit at a significant part of that history.

Flying in the day before the press event gave us a chance to play tourist. I grew up in the Bay Area, but hadn’t been back for a while, so it was fun driving and playing guide. I was also excited to see just how much the city had changed in the last decade or so. Near the end of our sightseeing trip around town, we drove out through the Presidio and then across the Golden Gate Bridge into Marin County. Stopping at a vista point on the north side of the bridge, we looked over the bay at downtown San Francisco and then across to the Presidio, wondering just where the Letterman Digital Arts Center was.

Thursday, October 6th, 2005

At 9:30 am we stepped out of the hotel and onto a shuttle that would drive us north, under a brilliant blue sky, to -- as the Press Junket invite had stated, "the cradle of all things Star Wars: George Lucas’ Skywalker Ranch."

For those that aren’t familiar with the county north of San Francisco, Marin County begins as a hilly peninsula that dips south, mirroring the San Francisco peninsula and making up the other half of the opening to the San Francisco Bay. It’s a mixture of wetlands, redwood forest, rocky beaches, grassy rolling hills and oak filled valleys that spread northward. It was down through just such a valley, surrounded by those steep grassy hills, that our ride took us on our way to "The Ranch." As we drove along Lucas Valley Road, (named long before George Lucas took over the 4000 acres of farmland deep within the Lucas Valley), we looked out past winding creeks and fenced pastures trying to catch a glimpse of our destination.

Soon enough we’d turned onto the drive, passed through a security gate and moved beyond garden areas where various vegetables were being farmed. Later I was told that the food grown there, done so using organic (http://www.emtrading.com/em/htmlpapers/emwasterepfreitag.html) methods, is served and eaten in the employee restaurant. After passing a few pumpkins, we found ourselves in the middle of a vineyard (http://home.comcast.net/~plasticfetish/rotspressjunket/003.jpg). The plants, ripe with grapes nearly ready for picking, (later to be made into wine (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/02/19/WIGR152N4P1.DTL)), were covered by gauze to protect them from wild turkeys that wander the valley. In a bit, the shuttle stopped beside a building resembling an ivy covered brick winery. This marks the approximate first time that I would hear someone say, "Oh, that’s a nice building!" at some point during the day.

(A note: There’s a really good QuickTime "tour" of the Technical Building at the Skywalker Sound Web site -- www.skysound.com (http://www.skysound.com) -- as well as a few nice photos of the surrounding property.)

Once we’d been ushered off the shuttle and along into the "Technical Building," home to Skywalker Sound, we were signed in and given color coded passes that would divide us into smaller groups. We wandered past plasma TVs attended by Lucasarts people playing Battlefront II, and then into a courtyard with tables. It wasn’t long before they’d told us that there were a few things to do. Our first choices were to either "Star in a Star Wars Movie Scene." something that required us to, "Step into the ‘hologram’ room just down the hall and find yourself in a scene from Revenge of the Sith." or we could attend a demo called, "The Revenge of the Sith DVD Home Theater Experience."

Here it became clear that we weren’t only among "press people" -- writers and photographers invited to view and ask questions about the DVD and the new Star Wars Battlefront II game -- but that we were now in a building swarming with fans. The hands shot up volunteering for the "hologram" thing, but only three at a time could go, so the rest of us marched off toward the "Home Theater Experience."

"The Revenge of the Sith DVD Home Theatre Experience"

We creep into a smallish darkened room with maybe 20 seats. At the front of the room is a large flat screen TV flanked by two speakers and off to one side stands Jim Ward, Sr. Vice President of Lucasfilm and President of Lucasarts. Jim tells us to put away our "jaded" journalist attitudes (or something like that, and frankly mine’s gone because I’m thinking, "Wow, you have no idea how much time I’ve wasted playing your games.") and to simply look at what’s coming like fans. No one seems to have a problem with what he’s asking, so we start with a quick look at a scene from the Revenge of the Sith DVD. The big TV lights up as Jim asks us what scene we think they should begin the demo with. Someone says, "The space battle!" and Jim Ward -- an enthusiastic man -- says, "That’s right! The battle over Coruscant."

The scene kicks on, and as the two Jedi Starfighters dive and fly through the battle, we realize that there are quite a few speakers in the room that we can’t see... but we can feel them. It becomes obvious that the sound on this DVD, when pumped through a THX-certified home system, will make the delicate parts of your body tingle. The picture quality is also amazing, and to further demonstrate, Ward plays a bit from the "duel" scene between Anakin and Obi-Wan. Again... it looks and sounds awesome. I’m honestly a little disappointed when they stop playing the disk. After the lights come on, Jim tells us to save our questions for later. Joking around, he says that anyone who asks questions during the Q&A will take home a THX system like the one we’ve just seen.

After our little group had wandered down a hall lined with beautiful vintage movie posters, we were asked if we’d like to ride over and tour the "Main House." Of course we did, so we hopped into a van that drove us out and through the vineyards over to the big white Victorian house.

A tour of the Main House.

This time it wasn’t surprising to hear, "Oh, that’s a nice building!" because it really is a nice building. Standing out front (http://home.comcast.net/~plasticfetish/rotspressjunket/001.jpg), we turned to look at the view (http://home.comcast.net/~plasticfetish/rotspressjunket/004.jpg) from the porch and saw acres of green stretching down and out to the hills beyond. Our guide introduced himself, then lead us through the front doors into the foyer. The room, as are most of them, was paneled with dark wood. Shelves lined the walls, and we found ourselves drawn to the glass cabinets full of various treasures. There were small original character sculpts, prop models of an AT-AT (http://home.comcast.net/~plasticfetish/rotspressjunket/005.jpg) and an A-Wing, an old license plate (http://home.comcast.net/~plasticfetish/rotspressjunket/006.jpg) with the letters "1T1H3X8", a fedora, bullwhip and medallion from some movie (kidding!) and all sorts of other artifacts. Even more impressive is the award display featuring, among others, Lucas’ Irving G Thalberg Memorial Award.

The group straggled along from room to room -- through a sitting room and then into the two story library that is home to a huge collection of research books. We’re told that the library was constructed using reclaimed building materials, and later we are also told that the beautiful stained glass dome glowing above us, is in fact enclosed and artificially lit to protect it from the elements. (More Lucas magic.) Our pack wandered into an enclosed Victorian garden area, and then outdoors to the rear (http://home.comcast.net/~plasticfetish/rotspressjunket/002.jpg) of the house where we stood for a bit before marching back through and out the front door. When we’d all been packed into the van for our return trip to the Technical Building, a few people joked sarcastically about how "hard it must be" to work in a place like the Main House.

"Star in a Star Wars Movie Scene"

Once we’d returned, we looked into doing the "hologram" thing. We were lead down another hallway past even more beautiful vintage movie posters, until we reached a small room crowded with hot lights, stands and video equipment. The idea is this... you stand up on a small platform covered and surrounded by Duvateen (black cloth) and they video tape you, with or without Jedi robes, inserting you into the scene where the Emperor, in the form of a hologram, is giving an order to General Grievous. You become the hologram and you can say whatever you want, but you’ve got about two minutes to come up with something clever before it’s your turn. I choose to go sans Jedi robes (it just seemed sillier that way) and I order the General to have the troops "wish my son a happy birthday." (Parents have it easy. When in doubt, just say hello to the kids.) Steve, always thinking of nothing but the site, tells the General to order his troops to visit sirstevesguide.com -- a wise and obvious choice.

The video tech guys played back our scenes, we gave them a big thumbs up and wrote down our e-mail addresses, where they would send us the clips in a few days. (For the record, I got mine (http://home.comcast.net/~plasticfetish/rotspressjunket/junketholo_pf.mov) and besides the fact that my son loved it, it’s been confirmed once again that I don’t belong on camera... with or without Jedi robes.) After swallowing our pride, we headed back over to the courtyard dining area for lunch. We were treated to some great food: tri-tip beef, roasted chicken, vegetarian lasagna, all with green beans and potatoes that had been grown right there on the ranch. (Brilliant.)

Next time, "Attack of the Press"...

2-1B
10-21-2005, 11:57 AM
Bill Hunt from The Digital Bits posted his pics so I don't know what the big deal is about that. :confused:

plasticfetish
10-21-2005, 01:03 PM
so I don't know what the big deal is about that. :confused:...yeah, I have my theory, but...

(You'll notice, if you go and look, that Mike over at GH pulled his photos down also.)

CaptainSolo1138
10-21-2005, 01:10 PM
That video was awesome, PF! I like the authoratative point at the end!:whip: :D

plasticfetish
10-24-2005, 04:59 PM
When last we left off, our ragtag team of reporters and photographers had just finished lunch. After much commingling, they were ready to move on...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"DVD and Battlefront II Presentation, and Q&A with Hayden Christensen, Ian McDiarmid, Rick McCallum, and Rob Coleman."

While we played some post-lunch Battlefront II at one of the "game stations" near the check-in area, the call came out for the entire group to enter the "Stag Theater" for the big presentation. Up and off the group marched like a small squadron of Battledroids, with weapons (digital cameras, phone cameras, voice recorders, notebooks and pens) in hand. As we entered the huge screening room, we walked briskly to the front and found ourselves a spot in the middle of the second row. Looking around the art-deco styled 300 seat Stag Theater, we spotted something familiar on both sides of the big screen. Plucked from Palpatine's Episode III office set, are two large "bronze" statues that seemed to fit perfectly here.

Up at the front, Jim Ward began the presentation by joking that he knew it might be hard to stay awake in the theater once the lights go off, especially after a nice lunch, but he thought he could keep us interested. Continuing, he explained that for both disks it was important that the picture and sound be as good as possible. Diving into a rundown of the DVD second disk, he said that they thought it important that the bonus disk have on it, "Stuff that people wanted to see." and so he gave us a little taste...

"Exclusive Deleted Scenes with Introductions"

There are six "deleted" scenes that have been assembled just for the DVD release. They vary in length and level of completion -- some of them were abandoned after they were fully completed, and others before. In each case, care was taken to piece them together and present them, as near as possible, to how they might have fit into the movie.

We looked at two scenes in particular. A scene with Anakin and Obi-Wan as they first meet General Grievous on the deck of his ship, just as he's about to kill Shaak Ti, and then the very short scene where Yoda first arrives at Dagobah. The intro to the Yoda scene has McCallum explaining that this was one of the hardest scenes for him to see cut. George Lucas comments that he wanted to follow the path of the children, and that it felt like an, "unnecessary bit of exposition," since we already know where Yoda goes.

After we're given a taste of the "deleted scenes" portion of the extras disk, we go on to look at a sample from the...

"Within a Minute Documentary Film"

A full length documentary hosted by Rick McCallum that examines, in detail, what every person involved in the creation of just 60 seconds of the movie does. The "Duel" scene between Anakin and Obi-wan is broken down, and we see what each one of those names in the end credits contributes to just this one scene.

It's interesting, and a bit of an epic piece in itself. During our look at just a little part of it, as if on cue and proving that Jim Ward is a wise man, a photographer in the front row listed to one side and began snoring. (It really was a very comfortable theater... Ward was right.)

"Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer and Xbox Game Demo"

With the house lights back on, Ward enthusiastically shows us clips from the new game, which will include both space battle elements and the old familiar ground battle stuff. While showing us a demo of how it's now possible to play a number Jedi characters, including Anakin from Episode III., Ward joked that the person in the back of the room playing the Anakin character was being a little too aggressive. Everyone looked around to see Hayden Christensen holding the controller, which was followed by a big laugh and applause. Ward told us that Hayden would be out later during the Q&A.

One cool item that Jim told us about is the "Easter egg" featuring Yoda located on "Disk 1." After selecting "Options" from the main menu, enter "11", then "3" and then "8". A short clip of Yoda dancing and rapping (a bit from the song "Don't Say Nuthin'" by The Roots) with a bunch of Clone Troopers standing behind him will play.

After running through all of the game and DVD info, Ward took a few questions. Asked if Episode III -- the movie -- would be released for the Playstation Portable, he said, "No." Stating that there aren't enough systems out there right now to support a release, but reminded us that Battlefront II will be available for the PSP. (I'm honestly a little disappointed that they aren't putting out a PSP version of Episode III -- I think it would have been really smart. I played Battlefront II on the PSP though, and it was great.)

Ward was asked about a VHS version of the movie -- he stated that there would not be a version of Revenge of the Sith released on VHS. (Pretty much signaling that Lucasfilm considers the medium to be dead.) Ward was asked about possible future release versions of the prequels -- i.e. "Blu-Ray" or HD-DVD -- and he replied that, "Yes." they want to, but that right now they're taking a kind of "wait and see" approach to determine which format will become the standard of the two.

Q&A with Rick McCallum

Next, Ward moved on to introduce Producer Rick McCallum, who took a seat next to him up at the front of the theater. After a minute of sitting as the cameras flashed, The Q&A kicked in with a variety of questions. Q: Where's the deleted "Qui-Gon scene?" A: Never shot it. It never got as far as that. Q: What's up with the new "animated series?" A: It's in pre-production. They're doing script work now, and hope to get things going by the "end of March." Q: What about the "live action show?" A: They're interviewing writers now. Lucas envisions it as taking place between Episodes III and IV, and it will probably focus on "new characters." He also mentioned that it'll be shot in HD, with locations around the world, but that it'll more than likely be based out of Sydney. Q: "3-D" Star Wars? What's up with that? A: It's coming soon, they really want to do it, but it depends on the number of digital screens world wide. Q: Is "Young Indiana Jones" coming to DVD? A: Yes. They're "working on it now." They have 3 of 22 episodes completed, and they'd like to have the rest done in 18 months. McCallum reminds, considering that it took two years to get the Episode III DVD ready, it's not hard to see how a show -- not originally shot for a DVD release -- might take some time to perfect. Q: What "else" is George Lucas working on right now? A: Lots of things! "Tuskegee Airmen" for one -- they're currently interviewing pilots, and they hope to shoot it in 2007. McCallum continued, giving us all a thrill, by mentioning that Lucas, "will finish up the Indiana Jones script next week, and then meet with Spielberg."

Q&A with Rob Coleman and Frank OZ

At this point Jim Ward paused the Q&A for a moment to bring two more guests to the stage -- Animation Supervisor Rob Coleman and our "special guest" of the day, Frank Oz. After giving them a chance to settle in and sit for the obligatory minute or so of camera flashes, the questions (and I'm paraphrasing all of these "Q"s and "A"s) started coming for both of them. Q: to Frank Oz -- What do you like about having Yoda as a CG character now? A: He joked... not having to work as hard as the rest of the team, (the animators.) Q: Anything lost? A: The "physicality of the character" sure, but so much more is gained from what can be done now.

Rob Coleman interjected at this point, saying that, "How the puppet acted is part of the character," insinuating that the mannerisms that Oz brought to the Yoda puppet were important when creating the CG version of Yoda. Responding to Oz's comment about loosing the "physicality of the character," Coleman explained that with computer animation, things can seem a little too perfect, so they consciously "bring in the dirt" or create imperfections that make a CG character seem more natural. In the case of Yoda, Coleman explained that it was important for them to try and mimic what Frank Oz had done. Oz then graciously stated that Coleman's team had in many ways sold themselves short, not being able to "live up to their own talent." When asked if they might ever consider revisiting Episodes V and VI to replace the puppet Yoda with a digital version, Coleman instantly said, "No way!" and that they'd never do a CG Yoda for the OT.

On the topic of digital characters, it was asked to no one in particular if they had reduced Jar-Jar's screen time in Episodes II and III as a direct result of negative fan response to the character. Coleman quickly handed the microphone over to McCallum, bringing a laugh, who then joked that Jar-Jar had been all his idea. He continue by saying that fan reaction had nothing to do with Jar-Jar's screen time in Episode II or III, that it had been determined from the beginning that Episode I would be more of a kid's film, and that Jar-Jar just didn't fit into the other movies as much. If anything, McCallum joked, Jar-Jar probably ended up having more screen time in Episode II in spite of fan reaction. With that, Frank Oz took the microphone saying that he'd never understood why the character was so disliked by people, and that he, an adult, thought Jar-Jar was funny.

Q&A with Ian McDiarmid

After the room had said good bye to Rick McCallum, Rob Coleman and Frank Oz, it was time for Jim Ward to introduce Ian McDiarmid. The man who had played the most evil tyrant in the galaxy was greeted with applause and his own volley of camera flashes before taking questions from the crowd. McDiarmid was asked if he'd ever thought that so many years after Return of the Jedi, he'd be coming back to play Palpatine again. He responded by saying that he hadn't, but that once he had met with Lucas, the decision to play him again came very quickly. He continued by saying, that it wasn't until after he'd read the script that he knew how evil his character was going to be. McDiarmid joked about how much "closer to Satan" he must be now after playing the most evil person in the galaxy -- even more evil than DarthVader. McDiarmid talked about Lucas wanting him to do his own fighting during his duel with Mace Windu in Revenge of the Sith, saying that it was unexpected, but that George Lucas "wanted his energy." Speaking about the Palpatine character, McDiarmid said that he looked at it like his Dr. Jekyll or Dorian Grey -- that he knew he'd have to do it right. What interests him the most is the "chart" or the evolution of evil -- the manipulation -- and he commented that "George (Lucas) is a pretty astute analyst of the politics of power."

At one point McDiarmid was asked about the future live action TV show that had been mentioned, and whether or not he'd be interested in bringing his character to the small screen. He replied that he would do it, saying, "I always answer my phone."

Q&A with Hayden Christensen

Last up was the young actor that we'd been introduced to at the beginning of the presentation, Hayden Christensen. Once Hayden had settled in next to Jim Ward, and had posed for the now slightly amusing (and ridiculous) volley of photos, he began to answer questions. When asked about what order he'd show his kids the Star Wars movies someday, "will he start with Episode I or Episode IV?" Hayden answered, that he'd start with Episode I, just as the storyteller had intended. When asked, "How good of a gamer are you?" He quickly replied, "Better than you." which brought a laugh from the crowd.

He was asked a rather cryptic question about how he found his "dark side" for the role. Christensen answered by saying that he keeps his motivation within the context of whatever the character is going through. Not by, say, thinking of when his "dog died" when he was a kid or anything, but he tried to stay within the psychology of Anakin -- just letting the character's "frustrations" be what effected him. When asked about how hard it was to hold back during Episode II, knowing what he would become in Episode III, he answered by saying that it was very hard. That Lucas had to constantly "pull him back," so as not to give away who he would become in Episode III. Which, as Christensen added, was why it was so exciting for him to get to that part. Hayden referred to putting on the Vader suit as being something that he approached with great "joy and glee" and that though he knew it was coming all along, it was still amazing -- amazing that he finally got to "take him to the dark side."

The questions carried on a bit in the same way, asking about how it felt walking onto the set wearing the suit, and asking if it was heavy, Christensen was cordial and enthusiastic, and though you could imagine that he'd answered most of these question a million times, he carried on expressing his excitement over having been Darth Vader, and how the experience will ultimately be something that stays with him for a very long time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Next time, "Revenge of the Press"...

El Chuxter
10-24-2005, 05:20 PM
George Lucas comments that he wanted to follow the path of the children, and that it felt like an, "unnecessary bit of exposition," since we already know where Yoda goes.

We do? But if we watch the saga in Lucas-approved order, we don't! Is Uncle George backpedalling again? ;)

plasticfetish
10-25-2005, 02:55 AM
We do? But if we watch the saga in Lucas-approved order, we don't! Is Uncle George backpedalling again? ;)I've decided that I'm going to watch and enjoy them in the following order... V, II, III, VI, I, IV ...to heck with it all.

Elliejabbapop
10-25-2005, 07:31 AM
Good one :D I agree :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
10-25-2005, 11:54 AM
I look at it like this: for those of us that grew up with the OT and then the PT yes we know what happens to Yoda and that we will see him in a couple of movies. Now lets say you are watching the saga for the first time and you go in numbered order, do you have any idea that Yoda is still alive in ANH? There was never any mention of him so I'd likely think he was dead. Then when Obbers appears to Luke on Hoth and says Luke should go visit Luke its a bit of a suprise. Personally I think it works better this way.

2-1B
10-25-2005, 12:03 PM
I'm with JamesJelly, I didn't need to see Yoda go to Dagobah . . . and as for George backpedalling on the issue, probably, but then again he can't dictate to you in what order you watch the movies so who gives a crap, I say. lol

plasticfetish
10-25-2005, 01:31 PM
Yep.

When you get down to it, most of the deleted scenes -- like Yoda going to Dagobah -- got deleted for good reasons. Either they didn't do much for the story, they weren't very good, or they weren't very interesting.

I'd like it better if Lucas would just say, "You know, as cool of an idea as it was, it was just boring to watch. We already had too much time spent on Yoda getting in or out of his little ship."

Then when Obbers appears to Luke on Hoth and says Luke should go visit Yoda its a bit of a suprise.I agree 100%.

That idea of not wanting to give away the surprise from one movie to another is why I HATE the fact that Jabba was inserted into Episode IV... it spoils the surprise for ROTJ. (But this could be another thread...)

JimJamBonds
10-25-2005, 11:07 PM
Also from everything I've heard all the deleted Yoda scene is that we see his ship coming in and he walks off of it after landing. No biggie really and it didn't really do much of anything to advance the story. Yoda himself says he is also going into hiding we just don't know where. The way I see it all that does is make the movie 30ish seconds longer.

Bossk77
10-27-2005, 07:16 PM
So does anyone know what the promo items with DVD purchace that BEST BUY and TARGET are getting?

plasticfetish
10-27-2005, 07:29 PM
As reported, Target's got a Vader coin (of some sort) and Best Buy has an "exclusive" Unleashed Vader.

Rocketboy
10-27-2005, 07:48 PM
The Vader Unleashed is a Best Buy exclusive, but it does not come with the DVD.

bobafrett
10-27-2005, 09:57 PM
I'm getting mine at Wal-Mart. They have a bonus "Story of Star Wars" DVD. I already picked up the 3 three pack figures.

2-1B
10-28-2005, 01:40 AM
What's that about a coin ? Is it free ?

El Chuxter
10-28-2005, 12:05 PM
Yeah, but WM has a third disc, man!!

Target also apparently has some sort of exclusive 2-CD "Best Of" set for $15.99. Not sure if it's all re-released stuff, but if it contains the single edits of Across the Stars and Battle of the Heroes, it could be worthwhile.

2-1B
10-28-2005, 12:17 PM
Right, I'm definitely getting it at WM but if that coin is cool, I might buy a copy there for gift giving purposes and keep the coin. ;)

JimJamBonds
10-28-2005, 01:53 PM
Right, I'm definitely getting it at WM but if that coin is cool, I might buy a copy there for gift giving purposes and keep the coin. ;)

You'd be a very Cordial Sir for doing that Caesar but I plan on buying my own copy of ROTS that first day so I don't think you really have to do that. ;) Now if you'd feel free to pick up a different title for me in the place of ROTS then feel free. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-28-2005, 09:03 PM
I always buy SW DVDs at WM when it opens before school, so I see no reason to discontinue that trend now.

Does anyone know if the third WM disc is just the AOTC VHS opening stuff? Or is it new? I think that most of it is new, at least, since there's an hour of material on there.

The coin is something I can definitely live without, and I don't collect Unleashed, so there ya go. ;)

JimJamBonds
10-28-2005, 11:09 PM
Does anyone know if the third WM disc is just the AOTC VHS opening stuff? Or is it new? I think that most of it is new, at least, since there's an hour of material on there.

I think that has been addressed in this thread already, if not I saw it in another thread? :Ponder: Anyway from what I remember that bonus disk has stuff from the OT, TPM and AOTC. I don't think anybody confirmed it having anything from ROTS on it. Perhaps one of the members of Clan WM can clear that up for us. :)

2-1B
10-29-2005, 12:47 AM
I saw "The Story of Star Wars" on that little VCD player and I believe it is the same thing . . . a narrative from Threepio about the storyline of Anakin and Luke.

General_Grievous
10-29-2005, 03:48 PM
So it must be the one that was included on the AOTC VHS. They must have realized that they didn't include that on a DVD yet and decided to crank it out.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-29-2005, 04:41 PM
I saw "The Story of Star Wars" on that little VCD player and I believe it is the same thing . . . a narrative from Threepio about the storyline of Anakin and Luke.
Maybe . . . but that's like, what, 20 minutes long? The DVD said it would have 60 minutes of stuff on it. Meh, I guess I'll find out on Tuesday.

Darkness Shroud
10-30-2005, 06:00 AM
Got my DVD in the post yesterday morning (29th October)!! Great stuff!! Watch out for the redone Yoda from TPM in "The Chosen One" feature :)

General_Grievous
10-30-2005, 07:57 AM
Got mine a few days ago too. But after watching it, the Special Features are pretty lame. "The Chosen One", the web docs, and the deleted scenes featuring the creation of the Rebellion and Dagobah are probably the best on the second disc. "Within A Minute" was disappointing to me. I would have much rather had a documentary that focused on the whole making of ROTS, not just a scene on Mustafar. "It's All For Real" is okay, but it's kind of unnecessary since much of it is discussed in "Within a Minute". But about the deleted scenes, the only ones that are actually good and should've been in the movie are the three about the creation of the Rebellion and Yoda's arrival on Dagobah. All together these four scenes only last about five or six minutes. Not including the end credits, the movie runs for about two hours and 13 minutes. Nobody would have cared if there were those extra few minutes added to the movie. Just my 2 cents on the special features.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-30-2005, 11:18 AM
Maybe . . . but that's like, what, 20 minutes long? The DVD said it would have 60 minutes of stuff on it. Meh, I guess I'll find out on Tuesday.
I know I'm quoting myself, but . . . in the WM ad today, they had the ROTS DVD and the Story of SW DVD. It said it had R2 and 3PO's chronicles of Luke and Anakin, PLUS another hour of bonus stuff. I wonder what that could be.

Oh, and it looks like Best Buy has an exclusive lithograph with their DVD. It's pretty stupid-looking.

plasticfetish
10-30-2005, 02:01 PM
I would have much rather had a documentary that focused on the whole making of ROTS, not just a scene on Mustafar.Well, you know, the point is really to introduce us to the various production elements -- they've narrowed it down to just that one scene to show how complex the entire movie is. (I'd bet that something like what you're asking for might happen anyway, but imagine how long it would be.)

Mandalorian Candidat
10-30-2005, 11:32 PM
I would have much rather had a documentary that focused on the whole making of ROTS, not just a scene on Mustafar.

I agree. I think my favorite extra (outside of the SE set) was the EP1 doc "The Beginning." It was a nice deal that showed a good outline of the movie from preproduction thru Ricky Dick's famous "This is f'n awesome!" line.

The Best Buy lithograph is only available to the Rewards thingy members and the DV Unleashed looks like it's available for purchase straight up for $14.99.

I'm probably going to get my copy from WM since it's the closest store. I'm betting that the extra disc will cost extra. Lately WM has been doing these double DVD packages that cost an extra $5 or so. I think they had one for Herbie Fully Loaded last week for example. I'm thinking they'll have the movie for $15 and with the extra disc for $20.

EDIT: Just found this on walmart.com http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=187577&path=0%3A4096%3A41938%3A187577

2-1B
10-31-2005, 12:38 AM
Easily worth the 5 dollars, I think. :)

2-1B
10-31-2005, 12:45 AM
I know I'm quoting myself, but . . . in the WM ad today, they had the ROTS DVD and the Story of SW DVD. It said it had R2 and 3PO's chronicles of Luke and Anakin, PLUS another hour of bonus stuff. I wonder what that could be.

Nope, the chronicles show is an hour long and that's what they're talking about, an hour on both Luke and Anakin.

Each of the Video Now discs are over 25 minutes each, so if you add the Luke and Anakin discs together on the same DVD, there's the hour. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-31-2005, 05:55 PM
Nope, the chronicles show is an hour long and that's what they're talking about, an hour on both Luke and Anakin.

Each of the Video Now discs are over 25 minutes each, so if you add the Luke and Anakin discs together on the same DVD, there's the hour. :)
If I remember, it said "Chronicles of Luke and Anakin" and "Additional 60 Minutes," but I could be wrong. Ah well, it'll be out tomorrow and we'll know for sure then. :)

2-1B
10-31-2005, 10:14 PM
John, the description I read was at the online order site for WM and I double checked that, it said Artoo and Threepio take the viewer on a 60 minute tour, or whatever. :)

I'll let you know in an hour and a half. :crazed:

JimJamBonds
11-01-2005, 01:49 PM
Man that bonus disk is FREAKING LAME!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: I thought they'd put some ROTS stuff in there, I 'fast foward/watched' it and doubt I'll bother to do so again in the next 7 years.

MajikNinja
11-01-2005, 02:55 PM
yeah, the bonus disk was quite lame... it wasn't worth almost getting mauled by jedi-robe wearing geeks who missed out on it becuase the local walmart i was at didn't have alot with widescreen. and they were busy screwing around with the figures.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-01-2005, 03:25 PM
John, the description I read was at the online order site for WM and I double checked that, it said Artoo and Threepio take the viewer on a 60 minute tour, or whatever. :)

I'll let you know in an hour and a half. :crazed:
Aye, you were right all along. I got it at WM this morning and I checked it out . . . I read the sticker wrong, and the Chronicles is the entire thing. Pretty lame, if you ask me.

The 'Xir
11-01-2005, 05:47 PM
All together these four scenes only last about five or six minutes. Not including the end credits, the movie runs for about two hours and 13 minutes. Nobody would have cared if there were those extra few minutes added to the movie. Just my 2 cents on the special features.

EXACTLY GG! Like the Councils' mistrust of Anakin, good ol' Georgie boy doesn't trust us fans. He could have made the movies 12hrs long and we would have watched. All kidding aside, he could have made them 3hrs long and no one would have complained too much as long as it was quality stuff, like the LOTR series. I guess he sees us as nothing more than begging dogs looking for meager scrapes outside of a chop shop. And of course, we all still bite. :silly: :yes:

The 'Xir
11-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Oh also, for anyone who has watched the movie, 1) how come none of the deleted scenes made it into the dvd movie like the past dvds and 2) (if I remember correctly) did anyone else notice that they changed the Jedi Purge sequence. I thought that in the theatrical release, the Purge sequence was "framed" with the betrayl against Ki-Adi, and In the dvd they showed the betralys against all the Jedi in order. The way I remember it - Theatrical:Ki-Adi's charge into battle, then Aayla Securas' death, Stass Allies' death, Plo koons' death, and then they went back to Ki-Adi turning around and then the troopers(boots) running and stopping and then killing Mundi. The DvD movie shows Ki-Adis entire sequence then, Secura, Allie, Koon then straight to Yodas sequence.

Am I right, or am I having a "Luke looking through binoculars at a Star Destroyer" moment. ;) What gives and why change it? :confused:

Anyone else notice any other changes?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-01-2005, 07:03 PM
Oh also, for anyone who has watched the movie, 1) how come none of the deleted scenes made it into the dvd movie like the past dvds and 2) (if I remember correctly) did anyone else notice that they changed the Jedi Purge sequence. I thought that in the theatrical release, the Purge sequence was "framed" with the betrayl against Ki-Adi, and In the dvd they showed the betralys against all the Jedi in order. The way I remember it - Theatrical:Ki-Adi's charge into battle, then Aayla Securas' death, Stass Allies' death, Plo koons' death, and then they went back to Ki-Adi turning around and then the troopers(boots) running and stopping and then killing Mundi. The DvD movie shows Ki-Adis entire sequence then, Secura, Allie, Koon then straight to Yodas sequence.

Am I right, or am I having a "Luke looking through binoculars at a Star Destroyer" moment. ;) What gives and why change it? :confused:

Anyone else notice any other changes?
No, in the theatrical film it goes like this:

*Utapau - Commander Cody gets the Order and shoots Obi-Wan Kenobi and Boga.
*Mygeeto - Ki-Adi Mundi fights a second ("Come on!"), then Commander Bacara and the Galactic Marines kill him.
*Felucia - Walkers walk (fancy that :p ) as Aayla Secura looks at a bird and Commander Bly and the 327th Star Corps kill her.
*Kashyyyk - Yoda drops his cane.
*Saleucami - Stass Allie rides her speeder bike as Commander Neyo and a BARC Trooper kill her.
*Cato Neimoidia - Plo Koon flies through the skies as Captain Jai'galaar gets Order 66 and shoots the Jedi.
*Kashyyyk - Commander Gree gets the Order, walks over with a trooper, and tries to kill Yoda.

So, Mygeeto has always been self-contained. As far as I know, the DVD is exactly the same as the theatrical cut.

plasticfetish
11-01-2005, 07:56 PM
how come none of the deleted scenes made it into the dvd movie like the past dvds?I'm not getting you exactly... do you mean "edited" back into the movie? If so, I'd say because most of the deleted scenes were edited out, and then the movie was changed to where they couldn't fit back in, (well enough for it to be worth it anyway.) Case in point, Obi-Wan and Anakin's first meeting with Grievous is tailored down to that scene on the bridge.

bobafrett
11-01-2005, 08:57 PM
I'm not getting you exactly... do you mean "edited" back into the movie? If so, I'd say because most of the deleted scenes were edited out, and then the movie was changed to where they couldn't fit back in, (well enough for it to be worth it anyway.) Case in point, Obi-Wan and Anakin's first meeting with Grievous is tailored down to that scene on the bridge.

I believe on the EP I DVD, you could watch the movie with, or without the deleted scenes. I don't recall having that option on the EP II DVD, but I could be wrong.

I wish they would have had that option to see the film with the deleted scenes or not.

Rocketboy
11-01-2005, 10:22 PM
I believe on the EP I DVD, you could watch the movie with, or without the deleted scenes. I don't recall having that option on the EP II DVD, but I could be wrong.There was no option to watch without the new scenes. There were just the couple of new reincoropated scenes, like the extended podrace and Coriscant intro.
But you still could watch those scenes on their own also.

JimJamBonds
11-01-2005, 10:47 PM
One problem with having those deleted scenes put into the movie is the fact that in several cases there would be "doubled up" dialog. Why have Mace say to Yoda and Obi in Yoda's room "I sense a plot to destory the Jedi" and then later on hear him say pretty much the same thing in the 'war room' at the Jedi Temple. Granted this wouldn't be the case in the Rebellion stuff but it would be an issue with a few of the deleted scenes.

JetsAndHeels
11-01-2005, 10:48 PM
One problem with having those deleted scenes put into the movie is the fact that in several cases there would be "doubled up" dialog. Why have Mace say to Yoda and Obi in Yoda's room "I sense a plot to destory the Jedi" and then later on hear him say pretty much the same thing in the 'war room' at the Jedi Temple. Granted this wouldn't be the case in the Rebellion stuff but it would be an issue with a few of the deleted scenes.

I dont think many fans would mind that.

:D

Either way, I am glad to see the deleted scenes.

Bossk77
11-01-2005, 10:55 PM
I found the yoda rap gag, but did anyone find the blooper reel on ep 3 yet?

2-1B
11-02-2005, 02:01 AM

I don't think many fans would mind that, either.

I don't think many fans would mind that, either.

I found the yoda rap gag, but did anyone find the blooper reel on ep 3 yet?

Sorry but there is no gag reel. :( They gave us that stupid Yoda thing and that's it. :(

Devo
11-02-2005, 07:41 AM

Well thats what happened with the Jabba Docking Bay 94 scene in ANH - it repeated dialogue from the greedo scene.

Incidentally that line from Mace Windu is IMO one of the most jarringly crap lines in the entire star wars saga. Pity it still found its way into the film.

JimJamBonds
11-02-2005, 10:56 AM
Well thats what happened with the Jabba Docking Bay 94 scene in ANH - it repeated dialogue from the greedo scene.

Yup yup, I had that very scene in mind as I wrote that post.

El Chuxter
11-02-2005, 12:09 PM
I cannot swear to it, but the "melting of Palpatine" scene seems to have much cleaner CG than it did on the big screen.

Temuera's head seems to "float" off Clone bodies a lot less often.

And the Yoda thing is the single most unfunny thing I've ever seen. Ever. And I'll laugh at just about anything.

JEDIpartner
11-02-2005, 12:23 PM
I think the scene where Charlotte and Yoda have their smackdown is ragingly hysterical! That part where Yoda force-pushes Charlotte across the room and he lands A s s-over-applecart after hitting the chair cracks me up every time!!!

plasticfetish
11-02-2005, 07:48 PM
CharlotteThat's funny. How long before it becomes a standard now?

Temuera's head seems to "float" off Clone bodies a lot less oftenYou know I noticed that also, but I wasn't sure... I'll need to watch again. Maybe they did do some clean-up work.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-02-2005, 09:44 PM
The Yoda easter egg was pretty funny. I kept expecting more, but . . . that was it. He should have danced faster, and that would've made it funnier, IMO.

JimJamBonds
11-02-2005, 11:01 PM
And the Yoda thing is the single most unfunny thing I've ever seen. Ever. And I'll laugh at just about anything.

What if one of the clones had a giant boombox on his shoulder would that have made it any better for you? :D

2-1B
11-02-2005, 11:15 PM
That's funny. How long before it becomes a standard now?

I won't speak for any other forumites but I can assure you it's now been locked into my own lexicon and will be used for years to come. :crazed:

Rocketboy
11-03-2005, 09:11 AM
I won't speak for any other forumites but I can assure you it's now been locked into my own lexicon and will be used for years to come. :crazed:All too easy...:yes:

sith_killer_99
11-03-2005, 10:51 AM
Done, it is!

An inside joke for all Star Wars fans, Charlotte now is!:yes:

2-1B
11-03-2005, 12:04 PM
TF.N says future DVDs will have the Charlotte tag removed.

Palpatine's secret will be safe once again.

Elliejabbapop
11-04-2005, 12:01 PM
Sorry but there is no gag reel. :( They gave us that stupid Yoda thing and that's it. :(

Hope never dies :classic:

plasticfetish
11-04-2005, 02:19 PM
Hope never dies :classic:No, I thought he was gonna live forever also, but he died in 2003.

Elliejabbapop
11-04-2005, 02:25 PM
No, I thought he was gonna live forever also, but he died in 2003.

Why 2003? BTW I didn't know it was a "he" :D .

plasticfetish
11-04-2005, 02:58 PM
A New Hope (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001362/).

DarkArtist
11-04-2005, 09:08 PM
My wife just got me the ROTS DVD today for my birthday. Yeah !!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Haven't had the chance to watch it yet, will have to wait till Sunday, as that will be the first night I will be home to watch it. See loves the show numbers so tonight is no good, tomorrow is work and dinner with the parents, so that's out that leaves Sunday. Not sur if I got a "Charolette" disk though, but I did get the Walmart bonus disk set.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-05-2005, 05:45 PM
What if one of the clones had a giant boombox on his shoulder would that have made it any better for you? :D

Or was sporting a big arse mercedes benz medallion around his neck?

JimJamBonds
11-07-2005, 11:07 AM
Or was sporting a big arse mercedes benz medallion around his neck?

Big arse gold cross would have also been accepted. lol

The 'Xir
11-08-2005, 12:15 PM
So, Mygeeto has always been self-contained. As far as I know, the DVD is exactly the same as the theatrical cut.

ThanX for the response, Maybe I AM having a "Luke sees a star destoyer through macro-binoculars at Toschi Station" moment, but I just don't remember it that way.

Why I still think Ki-Adi's sequence framed the purge(althouguh I know the overall sequences started with cody's betrayl against Ben) is because; when the movie was first released in theaters, and we all first started commenting about it here, and I was going on about all the things I didn't like about RotS, the one thing I did say I liked or had some emotional reaction to was the Jedi Purge sequence and I made mention of liking the way they framed Ki-Adis betrayl around the rest of them! I don't know. :rolleyes: Maybe,I was just smoking some really good stuff that day, and my mind was playin' tricks on me! :crazed:

Although now come to think about it, maybe It was something that I had just sugessted that would have made a nicer touch to that sequence. :confused: I don't know! I'm happy in my little world...just keep swimming...just keep swimming... ;)

2-1B
11-08-2005, 01:11 PM
I think it was just something you suggested Xir, because I saw the movie many many times in the theater and I remember it the same way JabbaJohn described.
:)

Bel-Cam Jos
03-04-2007, 09:32 AM
I am too lazy (:zzz: ) to check, but if this thread already mentioned this, then I apologize for repetition. And if there's been someone who pointed this out previously, then I'm sorry about repeating that, too. :rolleyes: I believe I've found the elusive 1138 in ROTS.

While watching the flick on DVD, in the scene where the clone troopers have landed on Utapau and are fighting off battle droids and such, there's a BD who is to the middle-right of the screen, back-to-audience, returning fire. And on its backpack is what appears to be either 111138 or 11D38 (with the 8 as two circles on top of each other, like the TPM droid's). Ta da! (Or, oops! )

2-1B
03-04-2007, 10:10 AM
Okay, let's compromise:

I get to have the CGI Yoda replace the Mace stand in

*and*

You get to have Jimmy Walker sitting on the Council in that crappy puppet's stead.

Deal ? :confused:

J.J. on the Council?! You have a deal and I have an idea for what I want to see in the new TV show!!

We're gettin' closer little buddy, we're gettin' closer ! ! ! :grin:

CaptainSolo1138
03-05-2007, 06:25 AM
The shovel has been unsheathed once again, eh?

I still want to see Kid Dyn-O-Mite chillin' with Yareel Poof and Yaddle.

2-1B
03-24-2010, 09:45 PM
The shovel has been unsheathed once again, eh?

I still want to see Kid Dyn-O-Mite chillin' with Yareel Poof and Yaddle.

There's still hope for this, the way they are busting out appearances in TCW from folks such as Bossk, Boba Fett, John Favreau, etc...

JimJamBonds
03-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Start the timer, in two more years this puppy will get dug up again.

El Chuxter
03-25-2010, 11:15 AM
Let's keep it in the limelight until then, by posting at least once a day. This could become the biggest thread on SSG.

:crazed:

(Now I'm just hoping no one takes me seriously.)

JimJamBonds
03-25-2010, 11:49 AM
But if we keep it in the limelight then there won't be any diggin'. :(

Slicker
03-25-2010, 04:42 PM
But if we keep it in the limelight then there won't be any diggin'. :(I'm diggin' this thread already so it's okay.

JimJamBonds
03-26-2010, 10:43 AM
I'm diggin' this thread already so it's okay.

I'm diggin' it as well, but the diggin' I was talking about involved getting the ol' pick axe and shovel. :D