PDA

View Full Version : Vader On Operating Table/Hand Restraints

ZachAttack
06-07-2005, 01:29 PM
I just searched through six pages of threads and didn't see anything on this, so forgive me if this has been discussed!

In the teaser trailer, Vader's hands are "cuffed" near his head when he is attached to the operating table. But in the movie, his arms are cuffed on his sides.

I noticed that the actual cuffs are actually near his head on the operating table when he is getting his mechanical legs attached and in the scene where the mask is put on (scenes in which he was unresrained, if my memory serves me correctly).

I remember reading something somewhere from CIII coverage that a fan had pointed this out to Rick McCallum and he said it would be explained in the film. (I think it was in GH's CIII coverage)

Anyway, anyone know the explanation? Deleted scene perhaps? In the book? Comic? It's not really the most important thing in the world, I was just curious!

JimJamBonds
06-07-2005, 01:37 PM
My thought would that it was easier to show Vader breaking free from those hand restraints if they were by his side vs. being up near his shoulders. Maybe that was added on later after principal shooting thus needing the change?

Jim Jam

2-1B
06-08-2005, 02:38 AM
Good observation Jim Jam, if he busted out with his hands overhead it may have looked like he was doing some gronks or flonks but as it is now, he breaks out Franken-style.

I don't think The Rick said it would be "explained" in the movie, just that it would make sense when we saw it.

I think it makes sense because it doesn't look as goofy as it did in the trailer. lol

Sentinel18725
06-08-2005, 06:13 AM
That actually makes more sense. I always thought it looked funny with them up by his head

Kidhuman
06-08-2005, 11:36 AM
Either way it is a sweet set.

JimJamBonds
06-08-2005, 02:52 PM
I don't know if anybody else noticed this or not but when the arms "pop" out you hear a breaking type sound (2 times actually). However there is no such sound when Vader's legs break free which slightly bugs me for some odd reason.

Jim Jam