PDA

View Full Version : X-Wing Fighter (Gold Leader).....What the #$%^&????

aricajade
06-07-2005, 03:06 PM
I just opened my first Titanium series...a Republic Gunship. Inside it had a checklist for ships to come. One of the ones it mentions is X-Wing Fighter (Gold Leader).

Now, did I miss something? Or has Hasbro just got a typo on their hands? 'Cause I don't ever remember a Gold Leader in an X-Wing.
In ANH Gold Leader was in a Y-Wing and in ROTJ Golder was the Falcon.
Anybody else know of another?

good shot jansen
06-07-2005, 04:19 PM
i think maybe it refers to the limited painted gold x-wing that was available at celeb. III

there have been a few on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=101610&item=5977581494&rd=1).

they seem to be selling between 100 and 200.

as i don't particularly collect display only pieces, these kind of things don't interest me. galoob had released several vehicles back in '97 to commorate the special editions, they originally sold for $100, but awhile ago they were turning up in big lots for like 17 dollars or so.

JediTricks
06-08-2005, 05:33 PM
I don't think so GSJ, I suspect this is supposed to be like the squadron colors Action Fleet from back in the day, and the catalog has other repaints like the Battle Damaged Millennium Falcon. However, this Gold Leader X-wing is not listed on Hasbro's site even though they have all the other ships from wave 3 up online now, so I suspect it may be in limbo... where it belongs.