PDA

View Full Version : MORE cup sets - for the love of . . .

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-07-2005, 04:42 PM
http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=4545&zoneid=2

It looks like the cancelled wave was just postponed until now. I still don't have the current wave, so I don't know if I'll get these or not. They need to stop making so damn many of these!

Slicker
06-07-2005, 05:13 PM
I'm in the same boat as you JJL. I still don't have the Clone Cup (I think) and I was only able to get a couple of the original wave of them because I couldn't find theym at stores.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-07-2005, 07:10 PM
You think that blows? My local Target started restocking the Leia Cup...in buttloads. I remember them being clearanced for $2 way back when and now their being reintroduced for a price higher than originally stocked!

JetsAndHeels
06-07-2005, 09:09 PM
I like the Fett cup set. If I happen to see it in the store I will definately pick it up.

dr_evazan22
06-07-2005, 09:13 PM
I'm eagerly awaiting these to go on clearance! I was only able to get the Ani / AOTC and Luke / ESB cups before. If any of you guys happen to see any of the other older ones on clearance, and can pick one up for me I'd appreciate it.

beckmen
06-07-2005, 09:25 PM
I didn't get any because there's no Target near me, but I would like to. Heck, I'd USE the cups I don't even have any other thanj like wine glasses around here.

Why does the Yoda cup come with the POTF2 Yoda? Should be the VOTC or Firing Canon ROTS one...

rust
06-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Be Happy its VOTC Han Solo...

A Better Cup Set Would Be;
Wave 1

E1: Evolutions Darth Maul
E2: VOTC Yoda w/Lightsaber
E3: VOTC Darth Vader
E4: VOTC Obi-Wan Kenobi
E5: VOTC Lando Calrissian
E6: VOTC Boba Fett

Wave 2

E1: VOTC-Like Qui-Gonn Jinn
E2: Evolutions Anakin
E3: VOTC-Like General Grievous
E4: VOTC Luke Skywalker
E5: VOTC-Like Han Solo (Carbonite)
E6: Evolutions Emperor

DarthQuack
06-07-2005, 09:29 PM
I also like the Boba Fett one, I may be picking that up on my next trip out.

Veers
06-07-2005, 09:39 PM
Those are nice! I will be on the look out for those. I love the Boba Fett Cup. That is sweet!

bobafrett
06-08-2005, 12:35 AM
You think that blows? My local Target started restocking the Leia Cup...in buttloads. I remember them being clearanced for $2 way back when and now their being reintroduced for a price higher than originally stocked!

That's good news, I hope my Target starts to get them in, as I missed out on the Leia the first time it came around. Not that I want to pay more for them, but I have the other 4 in that set. Plus the Clone, Obi-Wan and Grevious.

Kidhuman
06-08-2005, 01:38 AM
More junk to pass over in my eyes.

Fluke Skywalker
06-08-2005, 04:55 AM
Darn you Hasbro and your almost good ideas!!!

I love these cups, as I do the old BK cups (Which I have). I passed on them the first time around because $9.99 is too much for a re-pack figure and a plastic cup. I didn't even really get a chance at the ROTS cups, as they came and went or never came at all at five Targets in the area. Now, Hasbro has decided to bump up the price to $12.99? Geesh.

I would happily have paid for these glasses in sets of four per movie, maybe up to $12.00 a set (Sounds fair). But two per OT, and one per PT save the 3 ROTS one's and re-packed figures to boot. I agree with Kidhuman, money saved.

CaptainSolo1138
06-08-2005, 09:29 AM
I concur with everyone on the Fett. Good color scheme. As for the line of cups, I pondered collecting them when they were first started. Thank goodness that whim blew me by.

DarthQuack
06-08-2005, 09:45 AM
Darn you Hasbro and your almost good ideas!!!

I love these cups, as I do the old BK cups (Which I have).

Like these ones Fluke? :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=37888&item=6536789636&rd=1

dindae
06-08-2005, 12:35 PM
Be Happy its VOTC Han Solo... It's not its Commtech Han again. I like the cups the figures I could care less about. I almost feel like skipping the Han on principal since I laid down too much cash on variations of this same figure. Thankfully I no longer feel that compulsion.

beckmen
06-08-2005, 05:07 PM
IMO CommTech Han was a terrible figure as well. His limbs are so awkwardly bent!

VaderhitsJarjar
06-08-2005, 10:19 PM
I'm happy with my BK glasses (all three sets)
I even passed when Target put the $1.99 then $1.55 price tag on - heck about 20 of the plastic cups.

I think it is cheaper to find a nice set of the vintage glasses before spending money on the new repacks. Though - I may give the Fett a good hairy eyeball for a few minutes.:stupid:

kool-aid killer
06-09-2005, 12:33 AM
I passed on all the last cups but now that i look at them i want them, regardless of what figure they come with. The actual cups look cool, crap now im going to have to hit ebay and to get those i missed (or more like passed on.) Fubar. What better way to prove my geekdom than to drink out of Star Wars themed cups?

Fluke Skywalker
06-09-2005, 05:35 AM
DarthQuak said:
Like these ones Fluke?

I meant, glasses good idea, re-pack figures and price bad idea ;)

abell748
06-09-2005, 09:26 AM
I got the first sets of the cups (saga and rots) because I love the old Burger King glasses I have. I thought that $9.99 was high for those, but $12.99? This must be Target's new figure exclusive price for everything (Lava Vader, Clone, now this). I might get the Yoda and Fett first, because you know that Han will on shelves for quite a while. I was hoping that as Japanese exclusives I could skip them entirely.....but I guess not.

CaptainSolo1138
06-09-2005, 09:37 AM
How is the quality of the glasses? Are they rigid or are they pretty flimsey? Are they dishwasher safe?

Rocketboy
06-09-2005, 10:36 PM
How is the quality of the glasses? Are they rigid or are they pretty flimsey? Are they dishwasher safe?I'm pretty sure they're cheap plastic pieces of crap glasses. I think that's why I've skipped them all and stuck to the old school glass ones.

CaptainSolo1138
06-10-2005, 08:44 AM
stuck to the old school glass ones.
Well, sir, not all of us are fortunate enough to have the old school ones :D

I was thinking about maybe adding these to the "fine China" if I found some on clearance :p

aceguide
06-10-2005, 08:59 AM
The quality of the cups is actually pretty good. It is thick, sturdy plastic. So far theyare dishwasher safe.

The old school BK glasses were made out of very cheap glass and were easy to break. I would say, for kids at least, that this plastic itteration is superior.

Bobby Fett
06-19-2005, 10:52 PM
The Boba Fett, etal, sets are at Target. Mine rang up at $3.99.

Slicker
06-20-2005, 01:19 AM
$4 Bobby? Are they on sale already or did your Target just flub up? I haven't been out looking for toys in about a week and a half. Looks like I'll have to get off my arse and look.

Bobby Fett
06-20-2005, 09:15 PM
$4 Bobby? Are they on sale already or did your Target just flub up? I haven't been out looking for toys in about a week and a half. Looks like I'll have to get off my arse and look.

I'm sure it was a flub up. The shelf had a $12.99 tag on it. Sometimes I get lucky! ;)