PDA

View Full Version : Where to get Boba Fett Helmet Display Case

DarthVogel
06-07-2005, 05:27 PM
Where can I get a case to display my Boba Fett helmet? I thought I'd find a clear plastic cube at The Container Store, but nothing there would fit. Thanks for suggestions.:confused:

Blue2th
06-07-2005, 07:44 PM
Hey, Was just at Walmart, and they have these curio cabinets for 58.00. They are 42 tall X 23 wide. They don't look feminine, have a mirrored back, with glass front and sides. You can get them in wood (actual wood) or in black. I put one together to see how good they are made, and I must say I was impressed. I went back and bought 3 more. I'm going to use 2 black ones for my complete set of Riddell mini helmets and various rare stuff that I want to keep the dust off of. Particularly my Vader collection, which I think they are perfect for. The UPC code is 3196335193. Some Walmarts don't have them, and I had to do some asking. I don't know of a better deal for a display case. It's worth a try unless you want something smaller as you mentioned. lol

DarthVogel
06-07-2005, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. We already have some shelves. I was just looking for something big enough to put the helmet in. Kinda like the clear acrylic boxes you see used for for sports memorabilia.

dr_evazan22
06-08-2005, 03:38 AM
Do a Google search for display cases and you should get a couple options.

2-1B
06-08-2005, 11:07 AM
How big is it ?

DarthVogel
06-08-2005, 11:35 AM
How big is it ?
It's the standard Rubie's wear on your head costume helmet. It's been signed by Jeremy Bulloch and Daniel Logan, which is why I want to display it. I don't have it with me right now, but it would require a box roughly 12 inches on each side.
http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=1369;category_id=333;pcid1= ;pcid2=

Somewhere out there has to be a premade plex/acrylic box designed for these things.

2-1B
06-08-2005, 12:48 PM
Wow, well, the biggest ones I've seen around here are for basketballs and that's too small I presume.

What about a custom job ? There's a chain of stores around here called "Hobby Lobby" that does custom framing, they might be able to do something in that size ?

Now that I think more about it, I have seen autographed NFL helmets for sale in display boxes, is that too small as well ?

DarthVogel
06-08-2005, 12:52 PM
Yeah. Basketball-sized ones are too small. I've not yet found one for football helmets. I think it would be big enough, but probably awkward dimensions due to the face mask. There is a plastics store locally called TAP. I may end up going there for something custom.

dr_evazan22
06-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Another possibility could be the acrylic case for Code 3's Slave 1. It should be big enough to hold the helmet. I don't think they list the base separately. If it's not listed (the base), then call the number. maybe they would be willing to sell you one.