PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Be The Sneak Preview Figure???

GNT
08-21-2001, 01:29 AM
That goes for Figure or vechicle if Hasbro is going to do it?

Who do you think should be the preview figure?

evenflow
08-21-2001, 08:50 AM
The rumor was it was supposed to be some one named :

Shaak-Ti ???????????

Mandalorian Candidat
08-21-2001, 10:40 AM
IMO it should either be a Mandalorian Warrior or a previously unseen bounty hunter. If Hasbro did a jedi points thing (POP) to get the figure they would sell tons more figures.

JEDIpartner
08-21-2001, 10:59 AM
I highly doubt that we would lucky enough to see such a cool figure produced as you have mentioned. Sadly it will probably be a character who has some notable screen time and dialogue, but is not a huge part of the film (as Mace Windu was in E1). The same goes for the vehicle (as the Gian Speeder was in E1).

Still... it will be cool to see what they come up for us!

Jedi Clint
08-21-2001, 02:34 PM
http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/select/2000/08/select20000810.html

Say hello to your sneak peak figure boyos.....and girl....os.

JediCole
08-21-2001, 02:51 PM
Ok, so if this is the Sneak Peek figure, who is it? Character name I mean. Or was this just a gag to illustrate how obscure the character will be?

I had heard rumors of two Sneak Peek figures, Shaak Ti (supposedly a Shaak, a bulbous beast of Naboo and not truly a character per se) and Taun We, I believe a minor character with perhaps some dialogue. Someone's assistant if memory serves.

Anyone have other ideas? Was that Taun We in the EII Snapshot?

Jedi Clint
08-21-2001, 03:06 PM
The character in that select photo is the rumored Shaak Ti. The real scans released to the public included this character. She can also be seen in the most recent making of video on the official site...."A Twinkle Beyond Pluto".

Taun We is another character entirely. If you wish to discuss that character, I think we should move the conversation to a new topic in the E2 spoilers forum.

evenflow
08-22-2001, 09:06 AM
There was also a rumor about Toys R' Us getting several exclsuives. I think Hasbro shot that down though.

JEDIpartner
08-22-2001, 10:43 AM
Hasbro probably shot that idea down because of all the TRU stores going with new plan-o-grams and re-org. That and their just one case of figures this quarter policy!

Jargo
08-22-2001, 07:33 PM
If I had to go for a figure I would probably go for something like Captain Typho or a nondescript Jedi.

Reasons, pretty much as I outline below. (minus the vehicle part :) )

A vehicle would be the rickshaw speeder with RIC-920.

reasons? They aren't major spoilers for the movie but whet the appetite. Much like the Mace Windu and Stap of EPI. Plus, the rickshaw speeder is used by main characters but isn't a major vehicle. It's small enough to make a good bulk manufacture that kids will go for. It's a vehicle with a figure. It's got cute appeal. It doesn't use much plastic in production. It's a design that's in the bag as far as the film is concerned. They featured it heavily on the official site. I really want this vehicle...... :D

Grif
08-23-2001, 03:55 PM
Count Dooku maybe?

GNT
08-24-2001, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by Grif
Count Dooku maybe?

I think they would save him for the first wave of figures in May 2002.

Maybe an EP2 Mace Windu (and another one for EP3?

Or Hasbro could release those Busts shown at toy fair?

Obi-Don
08-24-2001, 11:31 AM
Maybe Yoda with a lightsaber.HopeHope....

master jedi
08-24-2001, 10:59 PM
Maybe it should be a DeckardSmith slumped over at his computer.

GNT
08-25-2001, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by master jedi
Maybe it should be a DeckardSmith slumped over at his computer.

Would he be alive or dead?

master jedi
08-25-2001, 01:51 PM
I don't know but if I had to choose I'd say dead.

GNT
08-26-2001, 07:42 AM
Dead would be pretty cool,lifeless action is an added bonus :)

JediCole
08-27-2001, 04:02 PM
Like Jargo I would lean toward a non-descript Jedi or similar minor character or (like many others), the Episode II incarnation of an existing character (like Senator Jar Jar), so there is not a built-in spoiler factor.

evenflow
08-27-2001, 04:27 PM
Episode II preview stuff has been coming up in Target's computers so that is a cool sign. We may be getting more than just Shaak Ti!!!!!!

Yoda w/ lightsaber would be cool. :cool:

Mandalorian Candidat
08-27-2001, 05:54 PM
Screw the Mandalorian warrior figure. I'd rather have the C-3PO with removable Captian Gaytonni.

Jargo
08-31-2001, 03:39 PM
Well according to these rumours, we're still up for five preview figures so there should be room for Hasbro to really drop the ball this time round :) We should also get a preview small vehicle or deluxe type figure that really gets you moist for the new movie. i was thinking to myself that 3po would be a cool taster IMO. He runs through the whole saga and therefore can't really offer any spoilers other than he gets his outer coverings which we all know anyway because of all the press coverage. So In my humble opinion, anything we've seen in the insider or on the official website is fair game as it is secrets free now. I hope Lucas lets hasbro go to town on the episode two figures as i really can't get too excited about the prospect of millions of jedi and clonetrooper figures. Let hasbro give us all the droids and aliens we want. let them give us the vehicles. Screw the bloody jedi!

Anakin Skywalker
09-01-2001, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
Screw the Mandalorian warrior figure. I'd rather have the C-3PO with removable Captian Gaytonni.

LOL! I think it'll be Jango Fett or maybe a Superdroid.....

JediCole
09-04-2001, 10:30 AM
I am begining to formulate the opinion that by the time the so-called "Sneak Preview" figures arrive, thanks to internet spoilers and worse yet, LucasFilm mass media "reveal all the top secret stuff" image blow outs on their website and in the Insider, there will be little in the way of surprise characters to produce. We will already have seen just about any sneak peek characters somewhere. Though it is difficult for LucasFilm to keep a lid on things that leak to the fan-based press (and internet), it seems they can't keep a secret very well themselves either.

I would expect to see a mix of obvious characters (Jango Fett, Mace Windu, C-3PO, Count Dooku) with perhaps a minor character or two we know little about. Needless to say this new golden age of Star Wars figures is going to leave me penniless.

Lobito
09-04-2001, 06:21 PM
I wolud love it to be a clone trooper (that is if such character exists), on the other hand, the Yoda with lightsaber is not a bad idea.

GNT
09-07-2001, 03:14 AM
Kit Fisto

Mace Windu

Jango Fett

are the main 3 I would pick

Jargo
09-20-2001, 09:29 PM
Diamond comics are reporting that six figures willbe available in december in the states only or maybe there was one other place like hong kong or somewhere way off the beaten track... BUT THEY'S A COMIN'!!!!!!!!!! Wuppdy frickin doo! Six of the buggars! I'm gonna be broke by the time this year is out and in the debtors prison come new year:( I don't care as long as I get me some toys.

Jedi Clint
09-21-2001, 12:29 AM
$8.99 PER FIGURE!!!

I hope that is inaccurate!

GNT
09-21-2001, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint
$8.99 PER FIGURE!!!

Thats pretty Expensive!!!!!!!!!! Hello Hasbro you forgot my country, We should get them too :)

Rollo Tomassi
09-21-2001, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
Screw the Mandalorian warrior figure. I'd rather have the C-3PO with removable Captian ***tonni.

Whats the "***" ? Oh never mind. When you quote somebody it doesn't censor until the post is posted so I can see the "offending" words as clear as day. G A and one other letter...

What is a Captian ***tonni? is that supposed to be Captain? How is it removable from C-3PO? What is up with this entire post? I'm confused....

SirSteve
09-21-2001, 01:57 PM
Please read my latest news on this:

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=28&show_article=8

Lobito
09-21-2001, 02:43 PM
That explains it...Deluxe figures, well at least we know when Amanaman is coming out. :D

Jedi Clint
09-21-2001, 09:14 PM
The info at the link said that those figures are FX-7 Medical Droid, Queen Amidala (Royal Decoy), Rebel Trooper (Tantive IV Defender), Imperial Officer, Zutton (Snaggletooth) and Eeth Koth. I am still a bit confused as to why they are $8.99. Anyone care to explain?

Lobito
09-21-2001, 10:26 PM
OOps!!!:eek: You are right Jedi Clint!! Now we are back in the begining...Maybe these figure will be deluxe too??:confused:

GNT
09-22-2001, 02:16 AM
FX-7 Medical Droid
Queen Amidala (Royal Decoy)
Rebel Trooper (Tantive IV Defender)
Imperial Officer
Zutton (Snaggletooth)
and Eeth Koth.

are coming out in January 2002, so that still leaves the door open in december :)

Jargo
09-23-2001, 09:57 AM
this is getting confusing. there was another report the other day that said that the Amidala travel wave were being brought forward to November/december time along with the two 25th anniversary packs - Luke and Leia and Han and Chewie. is this all just fabricated by the companies who want you to pre-order goods? Seems the only explanation if hasbro still state that the stuff is not coming until next year. Tell me something, do Entertainment Earth take any money from you when you pre-order? Or do they just take your details and charge your card when they ship the stuff you ordered? If they take money up front before any goods are in stock then it's obvious that that is what this is all about, scam and sham. I very rarely pre-order anything but always ensure that no money changes hands at the time of order, only once the goods are shipping out to me. My money is not going to sit in someones bank account for it to gather interest for them.

Jedi Clint
09-23-2001, 05:31 PM
Jargo,
Unless I am mistaken, I think they put a "hold" on your credit card in the amount of the total for your order, so that they are ensured the money when they ship the item.

Jargo
09-23-2001, 08:35 PM
Got you. I thought they probably wouldn't but once I get into a rant I sometimes can't help but get carried away with my conspiracy theories. Guess I should get out more eh? Anyway, it still doesn't answer the question about that report being a little too pre-emptive on the preview figure front. Where did they get their info from? And by them i mean the magazine that published it. Hasbro have said all along that there will be no previews until at least february of next year, probably not until April if the import issues aren't sorted by then. Actually, there's a prospect that the preview figures will be so delayed that they won't hit shelves until the actual film tie in figures are released in May. That'd be fun, 26 of the actual release figures and another five or so preview figures hitting the shelves at the same time. Parents would love that!" well which one do you want Jonny?" "Mom, goldarnit! I want the whole freakin' lot of 'em!" "You can only have one Jonny, now choose your favourite." "Just give me your goldarned cards and less of the earache jaw woman!" It is a distinct eventuality however unlikely. :)

GNT
09-28-2001, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
this is getting confusing.

Sure is,I'm already lost :) :D :rolleyes:

GNT
01-22-2002, 11:33 PM
Well I guess the preview figure turns out to be the Jango Fett picture we've seen already,big disapointment :(