PDA

View Full Version : 12 Original Action Figures

salterct
06-08-2005, 09:01 PM
When Episode IV first came out, my Grandmother saw how much my brother and I loved the action figures so she thought it would be a good idea to purchase all twelve original figures. So she did and they sat in her closet for all these years. Recently she gave them to me and now I find myself with the 12 original action figures still in their packages having never been opened. They still have the price tags on them. My brother and I were thinking of selling but want to find out what the entire set is worth. Any help here would be hot.

Seriously, if anyone has info on this topic I can be reached at salterct@comcast.net

Thanks.

LusiferSam
06-09-2005, 02:07 AM
What kind card back types are these? i.e. how many figure are shown on the back? And how do the bubble look? Any dents or discoloration? Same with the cards.

vader121
06-09-2005, 08:35 AM
Wow, that is a dream come true for many of us here. I hoped that my grandmother did that for me but never did.

Do you have pics of these figures that you can share? Are they 12back cards? Is it a vinyl cape Jawa?

Blue2th
06-09-2005, 09:15 AM
That very same thing happened in England last year was it? They were auctioned off at Sotheby's for $16,000. Of course condition probably was a factor and there might have been a Vinyl caped Jawa in there etc. lol

Slicker
06-09-2005, 06:17 PM
With a price like $16,000 the condition must've been pristine. Going from Ebay prices they can fetch about $300-$400 apiece if they are the 12 backs. The Vinyl Cape Jawa can be had for around $2,000 if you look hard enough.

jedi_uk73
06-24-2005, 08:19 AM
That very same thing happened in England last year was it? They were auctioned off at Sotheby's for $16,000. Of course condition probably was a factor and there might have been a Vinyl caped Jawa in there etc. lol

The only reason they sold for so much is that they were Palitoy 12backs.. and in very good shape.....they can generally sell up to 4 times the price of the equivalent Kenner 12bk.....depending on figure

A couple of them sold for over 1000 GBP each (Luke & Chewie)... and no vinyl cape Jawa was in the set..... purely because NO VCJ has been proved to exist on a Palitoy 12back card......

If one did..... it would probably hit $16k alone.....