PDA

View Full Version : Darth Vader special edition 500th figure, thoughts

antman1983
06-08-2005, 08:55 PM
Hey there just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the Darth Vader 500th figure, will it be desirable? hard to find? just wondering what people think

Veers
06-08-2005, 09:08 PM
I like it. Looking forward to finding that item. :)

evenflow
06-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Much like everything else it will be difficult to find at first, then more will show up, and eventually there will be done left. I am looking forward to it.

Blackened88
06-08-2005, 09:27 PM
Whats the difference between this and the VOTC Vader?

Kidhuman
06-09-2005, 12:51 AM
The difference is he comes with a meditation chamber.

Slicker
06-09-2005, 01:53 AM
I'm pretty geeked about it mostly for the packaging. That's one of the main reasons why I liked the 300th Fett. The window box he came in was neat and I have high expectations for the Vader since I haven't seen any pics of the package yet.

WesleySr
06-09-2005, 02:21 AM
I guess I will be the first one to say that I am not impressed with this figure. The main reason is the fact that the figure does not come with the top half of the meditation chamber, just the bottom half. The figure itself looks like just another Darth Vader. The lightsaber is also pointless. I hope that it is at least packaged with the lightsaber off to the side and him not holding it. Has there been any carded pics yet?

Monstermile
06-09-2005, 03:57 AM
The lightsaber is also pointless. I hope that it is at least packaged with the lightsaber off to the side and him not holding it. Has there been any carded pics yet?

It isn't packaged with the lightsaber in hand. Here are some boxed pics as well as loose ones:

http://www.rebelscum.com/sw05vader500.asp

Fluke Skywalker
06-09-2005, 05:28 AM
I was excited about it until I saw that it doesn't come with the top part. What's the point of a half chamber? It looks like he's on the can. Grab a copy of 'PlaySith' magazine and light a match on your way out, my Lord.

CaptainSolo1138
06-09-2005, 09:11 AM
I don't understand why you need the top part of the chamber. Even if it did come with it, everyone would still complain that it looked like they had a bowling ball on their figure shelf. I'm excitied and can't wait for this figure as is. It's nice for a change to be able to look forward to a SW fig again.

dindae
06-09-2005, 10:51 AM
I'm with Fluke on this one. I would have liked to have the top half as well. Of course the difference is that I now open everything so I won't have the pseudo top half afterwards. I'm sure I could probably get one made but I would have rather had it made for me.

jedibear
06-09-2005, 11:58 AM
It's not a bad idea for a figure...it's just that it's already been done with the "Complete Galaxy" line, and quite effectively too. But hey... I know I'll be picking it up to add to my ESB shelf display. I use the Vader from the CG to kneel before Holo-Emperor...

My other niggle is the packaging. I saw the prototype at C lll and the various picture floating around the net and this thing looks like it'll have very limited good quality shelf life with it's easily dinged edges. Would be better if it were packed in a complete clamshell....

I hope our favorite dark lord gets a rest after this...as I commented in another thread, he's giving Tat Luke a run for the "most overdone" figure title....

The Whills
06-10-2005, 06:40 AM
Unless of course they make the Mcquarrie concept Darth Vader that has the pistol in his hip holster, then I would praise hasbro with glee!

darko666
06-10-2005, 12:23 PM
Unless of course they make the Mcquarrie concept Darth Vader that has the pistol in his hip holster, then I would praise hasbro with glee!

they should just make a whole set of figures dedicated to Ralph McQuarries' art work.

vadersvette
06-10-2005, 11:41 PM
The pakaging makes the top of the chamber (although it's not that good) :D

Slicker
06-11-2005, 01:01 AM
This is definitely gonna make a welcome addition to my collection. I like how the package isn't overly big and cumbersome. Friggin' sweet!!

jedibear
06-11-2005, 09:19 AM
they should just make a whole set of figures dedicated to Ralph McQuarries' art work.

That would be fantastic! Hey Hasbro, how abut this idea for the 30th anniversary of ANH?

I think collectors would go for this in a heartbeat and Hasbro is making little moves in this direction with things like the "Evolutions" sets. Toybiz has had good success with "themed" box sets with their LOTR line. Granted, most of those figures have been repacks of single-carded figures or the inclusion of figures previously availible in other sets.

McQuarrie's designs are really cool and would make great figures...

JEDIpartner
06-11-2005, 09:36 AM
I'd be in for a limited number of McQuarrie figures on the 30th anniversary.

As for this, I was hoping it would have the top half as well. I bought two from Amazon and will do "something" with the top half of the package and make a little Star Destroyer set to put it into.

trandoshan666
06-11-2005, 11:23 AM
I think it looks sweet. I'll definitely be adding this to my collection.

BTW, that idea about a series of McQuarrie concept figures is awesome. It would be immensely popular among collectors, and since the toy line will soon become more collector-oriented, it's an idea Hasbro should take seriously.