PDA

View Full Version : Darth Vader robs Village Pantry

stillakid
06-09-2005, 11:21 AM
I guess Vader's hard up for some cash. Maybe he should hook up with Gary Coleman. :p

Two men arrested in connection with Village Pantry robbery
By Sophia Voravong, Journal and Courier

Two Lafayette men are in the Tippecanoe County Jail, accused of holding up a Village Pantry at gunpoint early Tuesday on the city's southeast side.

Richard A. Ranalli, 20, of the 800 block of Foxwood Drive, and Bon M. Scott, 18, of the 3000 block of Pheasant Run Drive, were both arrested on suspicion of armed robbery.

Bond is $25,000 surety for each for the two men, who were arrested several hours apart.

Lt. Brad Hayworth of the Lafayette Police Department reported that officers were called at 3:39 a.m. to the Village Pantry at 1805 Brady Lane.

A clerk was the only person inside and was not injured.

Sgt. Bob Baumgartner said the suspect, later identified as Ranalli, wore a Star Wars Darth Vader mask and displayed a black, small-caliber handgun -- possibly a revolver -- during the holdup before leaving with an undisclosed amount of money.

Just over an hour later, Ranalli was arrested outside a building in the nearby Pheasant Run apartment complex. Police found the allegedly stolen money on him, Baumgartner said.

During the investigation, Baumgartner said officers also found a white 1997 Chevy Blazer registered to Ranalli in a neighborhood between the Village Pantry and Pheasant Run apartments.

The handgun police believed was used and a Darth Vader mask were found in the neighborhood, near Yuma Drive and Ute Lane, Baumgartner said.

"The mask was found in the vehicle," Baumgartner said. "He discarded the gun -- hid it by some trees."

Interviews with Ranalli led to Scott's arrest about 9 a.m. Tuesday.

Details leading up to Scott's arrest were not immediately available.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-09-2005, 03:22 PM
You would think that the residuals from ROTS would be enough for him . . .

JimJamBonds
06-09-2005, 03:46 PM
I guess Vader's hard up for some cash. Maybe he should hook up with Gary Coleman. :p

OUCH! They could work security together at the mall!

Jim Jam

El Chuxter
06-09-2005, 05:50 PM
"I find your lack of HoHo's. . . disturbing."

JetsAndHeels
06-09-2005, 07:59 PM
I am sure that when Ranalli was arrested he let out a loud "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

lol

CaptainSolo1138
06-10-2005, 11:26 AM
I am sure that when Ranalli was arrested he let out a loud "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

LMAO!!

Whenever I think I've seen the dumbest thing possible, something like this comes along.

stillakid
06-10-2005, 02:25 PM
LMAO!!

Whenever I think I've seen the dumbest thing possible, something like this comes along.

Well, there's always THIS (http://darthno.ytmnd.com/) to compare it to. :D

CaptainSolo1138
06-10-2005, 02:41 PM
I think we need to implement a warning system for stupid things. I suggest a siren:http://nooosiren.ytmnd.com/

Kidhuman
06-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Even the Sith Lord gets hungry

VaderhitsJarjar
06-10-2005, 06:07 PM
I can't stop laughing

2-1B
06-11-2005, 01:41 AM
If he needed the greenbacks that bad, why didn't he just "send a detachment down to retrieve them" ? :confused:

stillakid
06-11-2005, 04:36 AM
If he needed the greenbacks that bad, why didn't he just "send a detachment down to retrieve them" ? :confused:

Well, obviously because Obi Wan is a liar.

No, he's a good friend. :)

Wait, he holds me back! :mad:

But I know he's looking out for me. :ermm:

But he doesn't trust me! :frus:

But he's thinks I'm a great Jedi, greater than him. :classic:

But he's a liar! :mad:

Oh, I can't make up my mind. :neutral: I'll just run down to the Gas-n-Sip to steal some cash. Somebody forgot to install an airfreshener in this thing... :speech:

mabudonicus
06-11-2005, 09:24 AM
I'll have to look for it, but there was a fairly local item on the radio this week about 2 men who were stopped by police in the early morning because of suspicious activity.... seems they were dragging an inert Sith Lord down the street... when the officer found out that he was, in fact, and inflatable Darth he started questioning them and it turns out they were in the process of stealing it from the local Burger King

I wil try to find the link, but the way the item was read on the news was downright hysterical
:beard: