PDA

View Full Version : Animated GIFs

CaptainSolo1138
06-10-2005, 11:31 AM
Can someone post or PM me a brief tutorial on how to resize these things? If you're the impatient type, I'd also be happy to just email you the file and have you resize it for me. Thanks.

Slicker
06-10-2005, 04:35 PM
Geez, where did you find all of these said animated GIF's?;)

plasticfetish
06-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Can someone post or PM me a brief tutorial on how to resize these things? If you're the impatient type, I'd also be happy to just email you the file and have you resize it for me. Thanks.What is it going to be, and what do you want to use it for?

JediTricks
06-10-2005, 07:04 PM
I like Jasc's Animation Shop, it had been coming bundled with their Paint Shop Pro, but they recently stopped including it. The program allows you to resize an animated GIF by simply changing its diemensions, very easy, though some GIF frames don't shrink down well because of the limited design nature of the GIF file. Another way is to save each frame individually and, using another program, convert it to a more amicable file format like BMP or JPG then resize it, finally building a new GIF frame by frame using those resized frames.

plasticfetish
06-10-2005, 10:04 PM
Yeah... I use Adobe ImageReady. It lets me resize the image, and then I can "optimize" the image, compressing it down -- good if you're making an avatar or something where file size is an issue.