PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Comic Con 2005

SirSteve
06-10-2005, 12:34 PM
Who here is attending the San Diego Comic Con 2005?

El Chuxter
06-10-2005, 03:15 PM
I'm trying without luck to come up with a SW-related response to this, but the short of it is "yes."

stillakid
06-10-2005, 04:24 PM
"Going to San Diego Comic-Con ain't like dustin' crops, boy. But I think I'll be there anyway." :D

Blue2th
06-10-2005, 09:11 PM
I will be going. As it will be my first Comic-Con, I was wondering where I could get more info on what other things will be going on besides my main interest of Star Wars? Is there a website for the event? Is the main focus of the event Comics? Maybe that's a stupid question? :confused:

SirSteve
06-11-2005, 05:28 PM
The reason I ask is because Master Replicas is having a private party where you can hang out with Star Wars celebrities and they are allowing SirStevesGuide.com to invite a number of people so who better to invite than our visitors?

The catch, I cannot invite everyone. So, if you are going to be at Comic Con on Friday night and would like to hang out with Master Replicas, Star Wars Celebrities and fellow SSG Forum users, post here that you are 100% sure you can attend and you may get an invite. The party is by invitation only so I have to RSVP everyone. I will contact you if we have not hit our limit.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-11-2005, 05:43 PM
I am trying to go, but it would probably be Saturday.

Here's their site for more info: Comic-Con (http://www.comic-con.org/). Comic-Con started out as mainly comics, but it has since added toys, movies, TV, general artwork, cartoons, etc.

jjreason
06-11-2005, 09:34 PM
The reason I ask is because Master Replicas is having a private party where you can hang out with Star Wars celebrities and they are allowing SirStevesGuide.com to invite a number of people so who better to invite than our visitors?

The catch, I cannot invite everyone. So, if you are going to be at Comic Con on Friday night and would like to hang out with Master Replicas, Star Wars Celebrities and fellow SSG Forum users, post here that you are 100% sure you can attend and you may get an invite. The party is by invitation only so I have to RSVP everyone. I will contact you if we have not hit our limit.

I'm making the trip to the Con this year from BC, Canada, and am planning on spending all day Friday at the show. I was hoping to meet up with other forumites that night - I can't imagine a better way to do it! :cool:

Please, oh please can I come, SirSteve? Pretty please??? :D

Thunderstorm1
06-13-2005, 01:09 PM
Steve,

Myself and two of my friends will be there all four days, and we would love some invites.

I was at the MR Party at C3 and it was an awesome time.

Thanks again

Tim

El Chuxter
06-13-2005, 01:15 PM
Well, mine was a definite yes even before this new bit of news. :D

jaybo
06-13-2005, 01:47 PM
greetings ,

i managed to go to Master Replicas party at celebrations III and it kicked so much *** meeting so many celebrities and other fans. not to mention that i left with a Episode III obi-wan Replica light saber. baby, oh baby. and to have a chance to go to another master replicas party would be awesome. thanks for the oppurtunity and keep up the great work with the site. see everyone at San Diego Comic Con!

jaybo....

Glorft
06-13-2005, 02:50 PM
Long time reader (started back in 2000), first time poster. Yes, I will be there for all four days and it would be great to hang with some of you cats. Very cool offer SirSteve...

olpc1701
06-13-2005, 03:07 PM
I will most deffiantly be at comic con with my girl friend all 5 days of it. I would like so much to go to this.

Thanks
jeff

ronhudy
06-13-2005, 04:47 PM
I plan on driving down from Vegas on Friday afternoon. I am 100% sure I will be there Friday and Saturday. VERY COOL OFFER!

This will be my 1st Comic-Con. This would be a great addition.

THANKS,
Ron Hudy

trowa_barton
06-13-2005, 06:08 PM
I will be making the trip with a friend, we are coming from Austin, TX.

Darth Cruel
06-13-2005, 07:24 PM
What time is the party? I will be there but not until later in the afternoon (5 or 6 pm).

Darth Stinji
06-13-2005, 07:56 PM
I will be there for all 4 days and would love to go to the party. how many people can we bring if we end up going?

Vegas_Gambler
06-13-2005, 09:59 PM
Hey Sir Steve,
This is a great offer and I would love to be part of the Master Replica Party. I missed the opportunity at CIII, but I love chattin with these guys and gals (of course meeting Star Wars Celebs is always a bonus). I will be there everyday, so count me in for Friday night. I would only have one guest. If not, I know I will see you at the Fan Club Breakfast, which was great last year.

gambitguru
06-14-2005, 12:06 AM
hey steve, my brother and I would love to attend the master replica private party and we will be both be attending comic con on friday. please hook us up steve. thanks and have a blessed day . Remo

vg116
06-14-2005, 02:34 AM
Hey Steve,
I will be attending Comic-Con 2005. I will be taking my nephew, who will be attending his first time.
I've been a Star Wars Fan for a while now and have done some really cool stuff during my time. Now that I've lived through so much and experienced everything about being a fan of Star Wars, I would like to share it with a young Padawan. I've managed to inspire my nephew, who is only 12, to join the force. He really wants to meet Ray Park. The first Light sabre Duel he ever saw was Darth maul versus Qui-Gonn and Obi-Wan. He was hooked when he saw that scene. I would really value the opportunity to expose him to Star Wars Celebrities while he's young. I'm pretty sure if he got this experience he would never forget it.

Sir Steve, Please make this happen!!!!:nerv:

Thanks,
VG

route242
06-14-2005, 03:02 AM
I want to go to the Master Replica party. I will bring two friends with me. I want to meeting everyone.

:) :)

jason

tommccaa
06-14-2005, 09:53 AM
:) Hi, I'm interested, just let me know the details.

Jedi Master Tawkill
06-14-2005, 10:05 AM
Haven't missed a Comic Con this Millennium. Will be there with gundark ears on! Thanks very much for the opportunity to possibly attend this fete. Would it be possible (should I win the draw) to allow Lady Trelarie to accompany me? (Don't worry, I'll demand her decoy handmaidens stay in the cruiser).

Keep up the great site! Been coming to you for all my STAR WARS goodness for years and years...

DARTH T-BONE
06-14-2005, 08:11 PM
What a cool opportunity. Thanks for the offer. My wife and I will both be there Wednesday through Sunday. Last year we went to Fan Club breakfast and that rocked. This Friday night party sounds awesome too.

jedisats
06-15-2005, 02:32 AM
I'll be there for sure! Please fill me in on the party details of when and where!

JediSats

DarthPoop
06-15-2005, 03:41 AM
I would be stoked to go. I am going all 4 days plus the preview night,and myself (placed 20th- 366 hours) as well as 3 others who waited in the Star Wars line outside Graumans Chinese are lamping it outside in our cars outside the Convention Center in a caravan.I was not one of the fortunate ones who received a lightsaber but I would love to say that I was invited to your guys shindig. Need a DJ? I have 37 crates of records and would gladly offer my services for a few hours if need be. I'm sure I could get you guys a nice sound set up as well.

Jedi Bones
06-15-2005, 12:35 PM
Are you kidding me! Who wouldn't want to be there? I will be at Comic-con from Wednesday through Sunday and I think it would just be SOOOOO AWESOME to be able to hang at a private party on Friday night. Sign me up buckaroo!!! I can't think of a better gathering of scum and villainy anywhere on the planet.

stillakid
06-15-2005, 02:26 PM
I can't think of a better gathering of scum and villainy anywhere on the planet.
I haven't committed to going yet. :Pirate:

a10kappa
06-15-2005, 06:17 PM
i will be attending comic con and would like to attend the master replicas party. i also bought tickets to the fanclub breakfast the next morning. Anyone else going?

clonedaclone
06-15-2005, 08:07 PM
Steve,

lol An invitation to this party would be great. I am taking my nine-year old son to Comic-Con for the first time this year. We are very excited about the event and anything additional that I could add to make this experience that much more memorable for him would be greatly appreciated. Within the past couple of years my son has become an avid Star Wars collector and fan. He has star wars on the brain all day everyday. We would definitely be able to attend on Friday. It would be myself, my son, and we can't forget mom. Thanks!

Clonedaclone

BOBANATE
06-15-2005, 11:07 PM
hello everybody, sirsteve i will be attending comic con this year. i have been shoving my brother in law's face in the comic con glory for years. i tell him how much fun i have evry year , so this year he is comeing from washington, and this would make his whole trip. thanks for the offer. hopefully i willl be hearing from you soon. :Pirate:

kalifguy
06-16-2005, 04:18 AM
Who here is attending the San Diego Comic Con 2005?

Sir Steve, I will be attending the San Diego Comic Con 2005. I was at the Comic Con last year, and the highlight is when they announced the title for Episode 3. That was the best, even if I was sitting all the way in the back, it didn't matter, I was happy. I was just glad to be there. I only went on Saturday last year, but this year I will be there from Friday till Sunday. I've visited your site since the Special Editions, and it has grown steadily ever since. It's very cool. It would be so awesome if I could go to the party, I've never gotten to meet star wars fans as a group, that would be great. I'm also going with my brother and a friend (2 people and me), who both love the force. If I get in awesome, if i don't its allright too, maybe I can meet some of you people down there and chat it up. Thanks. :classic:

JodyB
06-16-2005, 05:40 PM
This will be my 16th year in a row at comic-con... it owuld be awesome to attend this party.

gsr-jedi
06-17-2005, 08:44 PM
I'll definitely be attending this year, I'll be going with my friend, who is also on these boards but hasn't been back in a while. I'd love to be able to attend this party and surprise him with it. Just a question is this the same party as the Collector's Society party?

Thanks for the opportunity

blowba
06-18-2005, 07:16 AM
Steve,

I'm going to the Con and I'd very much like an invite to Master Replicas party, please.
By the way what time is the party?

Thanx,

Brendan

mastermatt24
06-18-2005, 09:53 PM
Dont mind this post.

gsr-jedi
06-19-2005, 12:57 PM
I tried to surprise my friend with this, but he gave me a call last night and told me he got us an invite to this party already. I don't know how, but he told me he got us into the MR party at comic-con, so you can take my name off the list if it was there, and I will see you all there.

SirSteve
06-20-2005, 01:17 AM
Make sure he reads the fine print... they will draw 150 names from their collectors society to invite....

stillakid
06-21-2005, 11:45 AM
Dont mind this post.

FU**! I can't stop thinking about this post! :crazed:

Kenobi
06-21-2005, 12:27 PM
JodyB and I will be there from Preview Night on SirSteve.

mastermatt24
06-21-2005, 12:56 PM
FU**! I can't stop thinking about this post! :crazed:
You do that. :D

evic
06-25-2005, 02:59 AM
SirSteve - I am a newbie to this site but a long time star wars fan and a long time attendie to the Con. My brother-in-law, a good friend and myself would love to go if you find it in your heart to invite us. Thanks just for the chance! We are 100% sure we can make it!

BOBANATE
06-25-2005, 11:28 PM
hello , i am 100% sure i will be there on fri. night to attend the master replicas party. my brother and i will actuale be there on mon. threw sun. so penclie us in my man. that would be fricken sweet......i would love to go to a party with fellow,dare i say(star wars geeks). thanks for reading see you at the party.

DON'T BE MADE AT ME CAUSE I'V BEEN CHATIN WITH BABES ALL DAY

mastermatt24
06-26-2005, 12:58 AM
We dont really need to know that... :ermm:

jjreason
06-27-2005, 01:49 PM
DON'T BE MAD AT ME CAUSE I'V BEEN CHATIN WITH BABES ALL DAY

Heck, why would we be mad? Go get 'em, Tiger! :crazed:

Sounds like Friday the 15th is going to be the "Star Wars Day" of the Con, according to the front page. This is great, but for a guy who's only going to be there for this one day, I'm pretty worried that I won't see much else. :(

I'm going to be more than a little peeved if the lineup for those holo Leias is any longer than about 20 minutes.

sithseeker
06-27-2005, 02:14 PM
I'll be at the Con from Friday to Sunday. Can you give me the details on the party and add me to the list? Looking forward to it meeting some fellow SSF members.

mastermatt24
06-28-2005, 01:32 AM
We dont really need to know that... :ermm:
Sry bout that- I read it too fast.. I thought it said you had been "cheating" with girls all day.. Sry.. :nerv:

TimS
06-29-2005, 03:15 PM
I know this is my first post here, but if you have any extra, I would love to go to this. I am a huge Star Wars fan and just wanted to go to this from the time I got an email from MR about it. But I live in San Diego, and 100% going to comic con, I have the tickets.

Tim Sykes

kalifguy
07-03-2005, 06:44 AM
Hey guys, the Programming schedule is finally up for the comic-con, check it out, there's so much to do it's mindboggling :crazed: The main Star Wars presentation is at 4:45pm on friday!

kdog999
07-03-2005, 03:05 PM
Hey Steve i am also a long time fan of the site but new to posting.I am looking foward to going to the con this year and have had tickets for a few months now.I am going to spend evrey moment from thur night til sunday at the con and would absolultey love to be able to go to something as cool as as an exclusive party.Without a doubt i would be there and would have the time of my life.........thanks for the possible oppertunity....

TimS
07-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Dude yes I wanted the Programming schedule forever. Now to see whats in store.

SirSteve
07-04-2005, 10:26 AM
We have sent out invitations for the Master Replicas Comic-Con party. If you did not get an invite, I apologize but we only had a set number of invitations would could send out from Master Replicas.

I look forward to seeing those that were invited there!

TimS
07-04-2005, 11:32 AM
awww, I did not get one, oh well I hope you all have fun.

Tim

evic
07-06-2005, 07:49 PM
no invite here either - Hope you guys have a GREAT time!

dds2001
07-08-2005, 09:13 AM
To: Anyone going
From Desperate in SD
I need someone to pick up an Acme Animation Archive General Griveous sericel.
I will pay for the piece and shipping, Handeling.
Thanks

SirSteve
07-09-2005, 03:10 PM
Here is the official RSVP list:

After the good time had by all at Master Replicas Celebration III party, they are happy to announce the attendee list for our exclusive 2005 Comic-Con extravaganza!

There will be surprise guests, raffles, and one jaw-dropping lightsaber show. You'll be able to mix and mingle with the MR staff, as we celebrate one incredible year.

If you are on the list you will be able to bring one (1) guest. The guest must be with you at the time you come to the party. They will not
be allowed in separately.

If you are not on the list, you will not be able to get in.

Valid Driver's License or State ID will be required.

Party info:

When: Friday, July 15th, 2005 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM
Where: The Westin Horton Plaza
4th Floor Terrace and Pavilion
910 Broadway Circle
San Diego, CA 92101

Aaron Crowell
Adam Hughes + Alison
Adam Johnson
Alex Duran
Alexandra Leger
Alison Hughes
Andrea de Bruyn
Andy Chang
Angela Hobson
Anita Pearson
Anne Neumann
Ben Stevens III
Bernie Wrightson
Carlos Estiandan
carolyn nguyen
Celeste Sales
Chris Holoka
Chris Nordeen
Clinton Mills
Cody Hampton
Craig S Southerland
Dale Stovall
Dan Cangilla
Dan Robinson
Dan Satterthwaite
Daniel Lipkowitz
Dave Madoch
David Crites
Debbie Weyer
Dennis Paul Gauci
Doug Whitney
Douglas DiGiorno
Dov Kelemer
Edward Chan
Emma Takes
Eric Moe
Erik Eckman
Erik Reeves
Evan Berger
Francisco J. Martinez
Frank Martin
Frank Tsai
Gary Law
Gian Marayag
Gregory Farmwald
Gus Lopez
Guy Fugatt
Heather Mazzara
Hiro Nemotoh
Jack Tesh
Jake A. Capps
James Reason
Jamie Mendoza
Jason Keppert
Jason Tam
Javier Garavito
Jay Koval
Jeff Clemens
Jeff Herman
Jeff Johnson
Jeff Saylor
Jennifer Weaver-Beal
Jeremy Hoffman
Jerome Cooper
Jess Bonsal
Jim Haskett
Jim Kerian
Jody Braun
Joel Vizarra
John Lightfoot
John Mulder
John Nikloff
John Sonsteng
Johnny Camarena
Joline Huyser
Jose Mauricio Antunez Gonzalez
JOSE MEDINA
Josh Weiselberg
Julie Selva
Jun Shigenobu
Jun Shigenobu Guest
Kathryn Stokes
Kelly Bracha
Ken Tarleton
Kilian Plunkett
Kim Hickey
Laura Nawrocki
Lee Jankowski
Liz Wrightson
Louis Larson
M. Wong
Marcus B. Pedersen
Marie Treleaven
Marissa Marks
Mark Brooks
Mark Walters
martin anderson
Mauricio Antunez
Mia Alvarez
Michael Arbuckle
Michael Finefter
Michael Pearson
Mike Granek
Mike Katz
Mike Romano
Mike Boyer
Mrs. James Reason
Nathan Hanneman
Nathan Wheeler
Neil Johansen
Nicholas Sinisi
Nicholas Sinisi Guest
Oscar Perez
Patrick Richardson
Paul Feldman
Paul Johnson
Philip Wise
Raul Tavdy
Remo Marayag
Ricardo Vargas
Richard Beal
Richard Vines
Rob Hagemeister
Robert Albrecht
Robert Fulkerson
Robert Klein
Robert Sapien
Roger Johson
Ron Madoch
Ronald Baker
Ross Lageose
Rupert Cole
Ryan Fedon
ryan hare
Sarah Jo Marks
Scott Celestino
Scott Celestino
Scott Korman
Scott Vaccaro
Sean Cork
Shawn Kail
Shea Foley
Shea Foley
Simon Howe
Steffan Jamison
Stephen Berger
Steve Comenzo
Steve Loney
Steve Redman
Steven Weintraub
Svetlana Vaysman
Theodore Dolney
Thomas B. Meyer
Tim Bradstreet
Tim Steff
Timothy Steff
Todd Killinger
Troy Metzler
Troy Schutte
Vicente Paul Mejia
Wade Lageose
Walt Owen
William Miyamoto
yancie merchant-kajfas

Joshkj
06-02-2006, 12:07 AM
All registerd guys, i went ahead and put Halofanatic on my badge :P See you all there, who else will be there all 4 days?

O and if I can get on the list or be one of you guyses guests (tycho, slicker ect.) that would be much apreciated.

Peace!

mastermatt24
06-02-2006, 02:25 AM
I think youre in the wrong thread! :crazed:

Joshkj
06-02-2006, 11:54 AM
HAHAHa didnt even realize that, well anywho is there a thread for 06' yet?

mastermatt24
06-02-2006, 11:23 PM
Im sure there is- If not you could just make one. There has to be as its only a month (?) away. Only reason im not looking for it is because im not going and I dont want to rub it into myself that im not. :p
Just click the "conventions" link near the top of the page, and find your lost thread you will! :cross-eye

abell748
06-24-2006, 06:42 AM
Is there anyone going who would be interested in picking up the 501 trooper and the SW freebies for me? I would pay for the figure, shipping, and a few dollars for your trouble. Help me those attending SDCC, your my only hope...