PDA

View Full Version : Just Arrived in the Mail

slothfurnace
06-10-2005, 03:02 PM
In my mailbox today was a surprise! Straight from KB Toys online, my Darth Vader EpIV and Count Dooku mini lightsabers!

As soon as I had the cash scraped together to get these two beauties, they were sold out everywhere I looked except for KBToys onlne.

Let me just say the Darth mini is my new favorite. So many more intricate parts and details than any of the other minis in my collection so far.

This brings my collection to one Anakin Gold chase, one Anakin regular, 2 Best Buy exclusive Sidious minis, the Darth, the Dooku, and the Obi Wan Mini.

Looking forward to the Yoda!

Good, collecting,
Slothfurnace

Jediboy
06-10-2005, 04:00 PM
Cool! I'm patiently (sort of) waiting for my LE Obi-Wan and mini Obi-Wan to arrive from an Ebay auction. To take the edge off yesterday I picked up the mini Anakin from Best Buy. No gold plating for me, but it's cool anyways and looks nice next to my Best Buy Darth Sidious!

slothfurnace
06-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Are the best buy sidious and regular mini obi wans and anakins ( Basically the three that were available at Best Buy) getting harder to find?

I know they're scarce here in Houston.

What other ones do you have, or are looking for, Jediboy?

Frizz_himself
06-10-2005, 04:33 PM
They are cool, i have the darth sidious gest buy, epi darth maul, epii count dooku, epvi luke, epiv darth vader, epiii obi-wan, epii obi-wan, epiii anakin, epii mace windu, waiting for the yoda and the darth vader iii to come out and the other darth sidious. ilove them all one of the nicer star wars stuff that is out there on the market. my fav is obi-wan epiii thats the best

Jediboy
06-10-2005, 06:47 PM
Sloth,

I only have the BB Sidious and the Ep III Anakin so far. I ordered the LE Ep III Obi-Wan and .45 Obi-Wan off ebay and am waiting for them to come. They are all very cool and I'm looking forward to getting more. I've been looking online lately at some of the other minis and there are so many and I'd like to get them all.

I must learn patience!

nash
06-11-2005, 06:00 AM
I finally got my mace windu mini in the mail, and I was so stoked to open the FedEx box and when i did, I find that my mace mini is the gold chase one! NOt bad for paying just $39 for it, i was definitly surprised and please, however now i have to get another mace mini just to have the regular version and I have to scour the internet to find it! argh just finding somewhere that had the first one in stock was a pain in the ***. haha the irony...

Jediboy
06-13-2005, 09:12 PM
I went ahead and ordered the .45 Darth Vader off Ebay today. Now I have this and the two Obi-Wans to wait for. These things are addicting!

slothfurnace
06-14-2005, 03:28 PM
Yes, they are addicting. The .45 EpIV vader is really awesome. I am looking for a mace windu, obi wan epII and a weathered Obi wan next, not sure where I will find them tho.

nash
06-14-2005, 04:07 PM
the Obi-wan weathered mini is absolutely amazing, and is complemented by the as first built by version since they are exact same models just different finishing.

Yeah they are very addicting. but im torn to whether I should spend money to collect the rest of the mini's or to buy my very first MR LE saber, probably the Anakin EpIII LE, or an Obiwan AOTC LE if I can find it for a reasonable price.

Stalecracker
06-14-2005, 04:34 PM
Here's a question for you all. I have both the weathered and "as first built" Obi Wan. The stand for the First Built has the saber displaying emitter side left. ALL my other minis are emitter side right. Zat make sense? Anyone else have that happening?

slothfurnace
06-14-2005, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I wondered about that myself, My obi wan Ep3 (Not First built) has it displaying left instead of right.

I wondered why that was. are these two the only ones that point that way?

Jayspawn
06-15-2005, 10:07 AM
If you're talking about the mini-sabers facing the wrong direction you can switch around the little, clear plastic holders and have them face the same direction.

Jayspawn
06-15-2005, 10:14 AM
Go for the full-size LE when you can nash. The Anakin ROTS saber is very nice! The Obi-Wan AOTC will run you a good $$$ even for a (good) custom one.

I only have a few minis, but the full-size Limited Editions outshine them by far.

nash
06-15-2005, 10:57 AM
Jayspawn thanks for the encouragement. Even my girl wants me to get the Full Size regardless of the price. I think i just might start off with the Anakin ROTS LE.

BUT! Im curious to see how much that new CS exclusive Luke ANH LE will be! If its in the $400 - $500 range i'd like to get that one first.

Do you reccomend any sites where I should get the Full Size or should i just go to MR site?

Do you own any Fullsizes? If so which ones?

Jayspawn
06-15-2005, 11:07 AM
For full-size lightsabers I have a few sites I recommend...

Toynk.com (shipping is cheap and pretty fast)
BigTimeComics.com (good selection of MR products, but they figure shipping cost on product cost, still worth checking out)
BigBadToyStore.com (starting to carry MR products, shipping is low)
TheThirdZone.com (sells mostly high-end collectibles, I might order my ESB Han Blaster there)
Ebay.com (if you're patient and get lucky you can get some great Master Replicas for cheap!)
MasterReplicas.com (ordering direct is a sure thing too, but more expensive)

in Fullsize Replicas I own...

- Darth Vader LE Lightsaber from 'ANH' (I ordered from MR direct when 1st offered)

- Luke Skywalker LE Lightsaber from 'ESB' (I got it off Ebay w/ display case for only $150)

- Obi-Wan Kenobi LE Weathered Lightsaber from 'ANH' (got it from Toynk.com for not a bad price. These sold fast!)

- Luke Skywalker Lightsaber from 'ROTJ' (the MR version was nowhere to be found, a guy in the UK made it for me. Looks perfect to any MR version)

- Darth Maul LE Lightsaber (full) from 'TPM' (won it off Ebay for only $150, I had to order a custom display case seperate)

- Count Dooku LE Lightsaber from 'AOTC' (another great Ebay find, about $150 w/ display case too!)

- Medal of Yavin LE from 'ANH' (these were a great buy for anyone who got one!)

- Stormtrooper Blaster LE from 'ANH' (from BigBadToyStore.com, they had a great preorder price and I couldnt resist)

Now obviously I got some awesome deals, and I got them from being patient and watching secondary market values/prices -a lot! The prices of Master Replicas have gone up and down some over these few years. Kind of a funny market. I personally collect the fullsize replicas because I find them much more fulfilling then the minis (though I do own a few).

nash
06-15-2005, 12:08 PM
holy crap how did u find so many on Ebay for $150? Was that during the drought between Ep2 and Ep3? Im sure prices are high now being that Ep3 just came out recently.

nash
06-20-2005, 09:48 AM
Jayspawn which minis do you have?

Jayspawn
06-20-2005, 09:54 AM
I only have a few of the minis.....

- Count Dooku (Gold Varient)
- Darth Maul (Gold Varient)
- Obi-Wan Kenobi from AOTC (Gold Varient)
- Luke Skywalker from ROTJ (Gold Varient)
- Darth Sidious (Silver Best Buy Exclusive)
- Obi-Wan Kenobi from ROTS (Smoked Black Celebration III Exclusive!)

nash
06-20-2005, 11:57 AM
geez u dont mess around do you? heheh:D

Jayspawn
06-20-2005, 12:49 PM
Aaaannndd just in the mail today......

My Han Solo Blaster LE Replica arrived in the mail today! Waaahoooo! I recieved 393 of ? (since MR has not released a run on these) Its f'n sweet! I got it for an awesome price of $440 shipped. I highly recommend one of these for MR Collectors. Simply amazing!

nash
06-20-2005, 12:59 PM
Cool! Do the triggers actually work on the Blaster replicas?

Jayspawn
06-20-2005, 01:03 PM
Not on this one. MR now locks the triggers. Basically so customs or others cant mistake them for real guns. I believe the Han Blaster from ANH has a working trigger.

Jediboy
06-20-2005, 09:42 PM
Well, it's been two weeks now and my LE Obi-Wan ROTS saber should be shipping out tomorrow. The only part about this deal that still has me happy is the seller is including a free mini saber for Obi-Wan from ROTS. This will probably be my only LE for quite a while so I'm very anxious to get it.

nash
06-20-2005, 09:53 PM
Did you get it off Ebay?

Jediboy
06-20-2005, 09:57 PM
I did. They offered free shipping via UPS and stated 95% of their orders ship that day. Unfortunately mine fell into the other 5%. I contacted them multiple times and finally got some help last Wednesday and was told it would ship then. Nope. I called again today and was told that UPS forgot to pick it up but it will go out tomorrow. I'll believe it when I see it.

nash
06-20-2005, 09:58 PM
How much did you buy it for from Ebay if you dont mind me asking?

And if its a good price then i guess the long wait is worth it, but I do hate it when sellers take forever to ship and I pay that instant via Paypal. But atleast youre getting an Obi ROTS mini $35 value hehe.

Jediboy
06-20-2005, 10:05 PM
$365 give or take. The best part of the deal was the free shipping and the free mini saber. What does MR charge for shipping? One thing that I'm hoping for is that I'll get lucky and it will be the gold mini saber, but I'm not holding my breath...

nash
06-20-2005, 10:14 PM
I think MR charges around $20 to ship a LE saber. Well i highly doubt you will be getting a gold variant as the seller can easily look into the cover and see if its gold or not. Im sure he wouldnt be that ignorant to just let a highly sought after gold piece go that easy hehe.

the best way to get the gold's by chance is ordering direct from MR or other big companies like walmart or kbtoys, bestbuy I think. I got lucky and got my Mace Gold mini from sw-fan HQ and that was his LAST one. I originally ordered and paid for a normal mace mini.

Jediboy
06-20-2005, 10:34 PM
I know the chances are slim, but it's fun to hope! Besides I'll be so jazzed by having the LE I probably wouldn't pay much attention to it! Once I get it I'll be sure to let you know. I'm also waiting on a mini Vader saber that I got on ebay. But at $30 I'm not as worried about it as I was the other.

Jayspawn
06-20-2005, 11:31 PM
Congrats on getting the Obi-Wan LE Jediboy. You're gonna love it!

MR usually charges around $20 to ship an LE. Some of their LEs on their site have free shipping.

DXiRoNMaN
06-21-2005, 08:03 AM
i've surprisingly found a gold anakin and 2 gold obiwans. 1 obi was pure luck, picked one up at Best Buy. but i went to Books A Million and they had about 20 mini sabers there, none with the shrinkwrap. guess the employees there have no clue :D

nash
06-21-2005, 01:08 PM
Thats awesome man, i would do the same thing too hehe.

Being here in Hawaii we dont have a Best Buy yet... but one is supposed to open up here in late fall I think, probably before xmas!

Jediboy
06-21-2005, 08:33 PM
The mini Darth Vader ep 4 showed up today. A fantastic little piece! I'm still waiting for the Obi-Wan LE. The seller claims to have dropped it off at a UPS location today, but since it's still not scanned in to their system, I'm not believing him. I'd almost just like to have my money back and buy it from someone else.:cry: :frus:

nash
06-21-2005, 09:14 PM
Man, I sympathize with you especially when you dropped 4 grills on something like that. I'd be stressed out too. hows the sellers feedback?

Jediboy
06-22-2005, 07:49 AM
The rating is over 26,000 so they aren't new. I understand that things can happen but it's soooo frustrating. I did check UPS again this morning and it finally shipped last night. Hopefully it'll be here soon!!!

Jayspawn
06-22-2005, 10:59 AM
I just got an email last night informing me that my Darth Sidious LE is in stock and ready to ship. Cant wait to get this one!

MSCollections
06-23-2005, 05:26 AM
Hello Guys!

Just got home from Post Office!! Woooohoooo!! Got my C3 Exclusive SandTrooper Bust and C3 Exclusive Obi-wan mini saber!! Woooohoooo!!! :D

By the way, the C3 obi mini is still sealed... anyone know if they have only one color or do they have variant? I'm still thinking if I'll open it or not. As for now I'm not going to open as I'm still waiting for my display case to arrive :crazed:

I'm a happy man today, hope you guys are too lol

MSCollections

nash
06-23-2005, 07:24 AM
where did you get your CIII Obi wan mini and where did you get the display case?

DXiRoNMaN
06-23-2005, 08:34 AM
i plan on getting one of these soon for the mini sabers

http://www.bigtimecomics.com/Detail%20Pages/Cases/AC-900%20Wall%20Frame.htm

slothfurnace
06-23-2005, 08:57 AM
I was thinking about getting that, but I am afraid I don't like the hinges and latch,, they seem to stick out too much.

I think I will build my own display case when I get some time.

Jayspawn
06-23-2005, 09:09 AM
If you all are interested, BigTimeComics.com offers a 3-saber display case for minis on Ebay. Like the MR version only it doesnt say Jedi or Sith, so you can put whatever minis you want.

If you get one DXiRoNMaN, you'll have to let us know how it is. I saw those on their site but have yet to hear from someone who actually has one of their cases.

nash
06-23-2005, 11:43 AM
i plan on getting one of these soon for the mini sabers

http://www.bigtimecomics.com/Detail%20Pages/Cases/AC-900%20Wall%20Frame.htm

I was also planning on getting that too, but i wanted the back part to be a mirror. Or is it? it doesnt look like it is. I think ill shop around or make my own also.

MSCollections
06-23-2005, 01:51 PM
Hello Guys!

Just got home from Post Office!! Woooohoooo!! Got my C3 Exclusive SandTrooper Bust and C3 Exclusive Obi-wan mini saber!! Woooohoooo!!! :D

By the way, the C3 obi mini is still sealed... anyone know if they have only one color or do they have variant? I'm still thinking if I'll open it or not. As for now I'm not going to open as I'm still waiting for my display case to arrive :crazed:

I'm a happy man today, hope you guys are too lol

MSCollections

I got my C3 Obi Mini off ebay :D
A friend of mine has a furniture shop so I asked him to make me a custom made one with my own design and specs :p

MSCollections

nash
06-23-2005, 08:12 PM
Man, i wish i was in the PI right now, u can get anything made for cheap and pretty good quality too.

Jayspawn
06-29-2005, 11:02 PM
"Its treason then."

Today my Darth Sidious LE Lightsaber arrived in the mail! UPS dropped it off a little late in the day -but that doesnt really matter. Its pretty incredible -unique design too. Its gold, silver and a purple/copper in color, which is interesting. It also has 2 LED lights on either side of the handle. A nice hand-saber! Theres no hole for the blade so that must mean that Darth Sidious's lightsaber is Force activated. I recieved #1503 of ? Overall, its a fantastic and very unique collectible and replica. I highly recommend it!

BONUS! Master Replicas included a black, velvety dust cloth with it. Awesome!

Jediboy
06-30-2005, 08:22 AM
My LE Obi-Wan finally showed up on Monday! What a sweet item and it was worth every penny! The bonus mini saber is fantastic too. I have to admit that I'm really impressed with the packaging that MR sends their items out in. A nice solid box containing the saber and display case, the nice prop story...just a great package! I think I'll definitely keep collecting the LE sabers!

Jayspawn
06-30-2005, 08:38 AM
You said it Jediboy. Almost nothing greater than opening that black slipcase that has the MR logo then opening the top to see your replica.

Did you get the black cloth with the Obi-Wan LE?

Fwad
06-30-2005, 05:25 PM
Jayspawn, how long ago did you order the Sidious saber? I had to wait until i got my coupon code.

nash
06-30-2005, 07:37 PM
You said it Jediboy. Almost nothing greater than opening that black slipcase that has the MR logo then opening the top to see your replica.

is the black cloth like the ones used to clean sunglass lenses? microfiber somethin?

Jayspawn
06-30-2005, 11:45 PM
Fwad, I got my Sidious Lightsaber from ThirdZone.com and got free shipping. It took just a few days for it to arrive. I joined the Collector's Society a few days ago and just got my codes. So I'm kinda sitting on what to use them on.

Its thicker than a microfiber nash. I'm trying to think of the material...

Jediboy
07-01-2005, 09:38 AM

Nope. After all the hassle I had to go through to get this I'm just glad it showed up! Next time I think I'll use a more reputible source than an ebay seller!

Jediboy
07-20-2005, 11:36 AM
Just got my Comic Con Yoda mini saber from Ebay! This thing is TINY! But very sweet!

Jayspawn
07-20-2005, 08:10 PM
I got my Comic Con Yoda saber today as well. A friend of mine went and picked one up for me. Pretty nifty too! I dont have the full-sized Yoda lightsaber yet, so this will tide me over.

Portlyman
07-20-2005, 08:52 PM
Comparison pics!

Portlyman
07-22-2005, 10:12 PM
Fine! Don't talk to me. I don't need you. I don't need any of you. I can get along fine on my own. So just go. Get out of here. I don't care. ARGH!

Jayspawn
07-22-2005, 10:37 PM
Sorry Portlyman, my skills with a digital camera are practically non-existant. So posting them are a stretch at this point. But....

Look ar your small pinkey finger. Thats how big the Yoda mini is.

slothfurnace
07-23-2005, 04:14 PM
I just picked up a Convention Yoda Mini today!

I went in to the local comic store to get a ATOC Obi Wan for a friend of mine, and they had one Yoda left, I picked it up after I talked him down 5 dollars from $50.

It might have been a little much for it, but at least I saved a trip back in time and a long wait in line for it. Time travel is expensive, and I hate lines.

Anyway, yes, the Yoda Mini is awesome, I had decided not to get it, but couldn't pass it up. It's sweet.

Good collecting, all,

Slothfurnace

nash
07-24-2005, 10:14 AM
Portlyman, comparison pics of what? Just do a search on Ebay if your so desperate, they always have pics there for sure.

PS: sloth u have an email :). let me know and ill zap you the funds :) thank u!!!

slothfurnace
07-24-2005, 06:33 PM
No prob, Nash,

I sent you an email, I'll pack it up tonight and head to the post office tomorrow.

Happy collecting, folks!

Slothfurnace

slothfurnace
07-25-2005, 07:46 PM
Hey hey,,

Anyone out there know the production run # on the Yoda convention mini?
Slothfurnace

slothfurnace
07-29-2005, 10:07 AM
Just went to the post office this morning to pick up a package. Wasn't sure what it would be, but it was my Obi Wan mini gold Collectors society exclusive that I ordered from Singapore like, 2 months ago!

It got held up in customs for quite a while, but it's here, and on my desk and looking great! This Obi is SO much better made and cooler than the Obi Ep3 one found at Best buy for a while. Heavier, bigger around (Diameter) and much more detailed.

The ebay seller was so kind when it got delayed that they refunded my shipping, and they sent a cool Singapore keychain to boot!

Now if I can just get r2dtoys to send me my obi wan weathered that I ordered in June! I am starting to get worried that I'll never see it. I thought R2DToys was a reputable seller? Anyone else having a problem with them?

Happy collecting, all.
Slothfurnace.

Jediboy
07-29-2005, 10:19 AM
I ordered the Collectors society saber off eBay too from Singapore and am still waiting for it to show. I'm glad to hear yours did, hopefully mine will be here soon!

shadu widal
07-29-2005, 12:42 PM
I just got my Vader ESB FX saber a few days ago. Coming from an original Attack of the Clones Anakin saber, this thing is awesome! It must weight a fraction of what the Anakin saber does, much easier to swing around, and better sensitivity to movements.

The Anakin ROTS is on it's way now(Monday), can't wait to get it and have duels with friends(mild contact of course)!

Jediboy
07-29-2005, 12:51 PM
Yay! My collectors society Obi-Wan mini showed up today! I got a free Singapore key chain too. You're right Slothfurnace, this thing is very sweet!

slothfurnace
07-29-2005, 01:08 PM
Yeah, man, it's too cool,, MUCH better than the Ep3 Obi wan. The keychain is kind of cool as well!

Glad to hear you got yours.

slothfurnace

nash
07-30-2005, 01:11 PM
Hey Sloth, do you have any full size sabers as well? if so which ones?

Man u guys making me miss my minis! i loved the gold cs exclusive obi.

I just finalized a deal on a Obi ROTS LE for $260 shipped. I didnt like the mini version of this, however looking at the full size pics.... damn it is pretty sweet.

That puts my full size count to 3 in 2 months. LoL and i told myself I would never get a full size just the minis. yea right! :eek:

slothfurnace
07-30-2005, 07:06 PM
Nash,

I do have one Full size saber,, it's the Icons Skywalker lightsaber they put out a few years ago. Still at the top of my list of favorites.

I want a full size darth vader New Hope saber, but they're pretty expensive.

Slothfurnace

shadu widal
08-03-2005, 12:18 AM
I just got Anakin's ROTS FX saber today. Even better than Vader's ESB, the handle feels much nicer for weilding, it's slighty heavier than Vader's, which makes it feel more solid. Plus, I think the blade is brighter.

Question though. I heard after the original Anakin FX from AOTC, they changed the impact sound on all other sabers to be just one sound(like on Vaders). As the first Anakin saber had several different sounds upon contact, where in the movies, there is only one sound per contact. But on this new Anakin saber, there are multiple sounds on contact. Intentional, or a mistake? Personally, I like the different sounds, even if they aren't entirely accurate.

Cirielle
08-04-2005, 03:05 PM
I just got my first Master Replica item - the EP V Darth Vader FX lightsaber.

I love it and plan to get more (many more if I can convince the hubby into it! :D )

I am still waiting on my Collector's Society kit and then I also got the Anakin .45 Scaled lightsaber that is exclusive to Starwarsshop.com on order.

Being my first item is the FX lightsaber I am very impressed with quality of their items! I can't wait to collect more!!!!

slothfurnace
08-05-2005, 08:06 AM
The quality is very good with the minis, I don't have an FX (yet)

The best minis seem to be the ones based off the more intricate props from the movies. The New Hope sabers, Vaders and Lukes and Obi Wans were constructed for the movies with many detailed small parts, therefore the minis are Much more detailed than the replicas based off the prequel trilogy. Compare the Obi Wan Ep4 with the Obi Wan Ep3 for example. Anakins Ep3 vs Lukes Ep4, and The Vader Ep4 with the upcoming Vader Ep3,, in all cases, it's my opinion that the Original trilogy yields better sabers. Not MRs fault, because they're just reproducing what Lucasfilm made. But I think there's something more...mass produced about the feel of the prequel sabers, as opposed to the handmade feel of the original trilogy. With Maul's as a possible exception.

Just my opinion.

Happy Collecting, and welcome to the boards,
Slothfurnace.

Jediboy
08-17-2005, 11:24 AM
My Celebration III Obi-Wan saber showed up today. I really like these dark chrome variants. I can't wait to get the Anakin verison later this year.

slothfurnace
08-18-2005, 09:26 PM
Got my Obi EP IV Pristine or AFBB today via FedEx from MR.

Love it! It's absolutely cool, and looks great next to my Gold Obi CS Exclusive! Now as long as John from R2DToys ships my Obi Weathered, I'll have the set!

That brings my mini ranks to -

Mace Windu AOTC (Ordered, not shipped yet from MR)
Obi-Wan Kenobi AOTC (http://www.rebelscum.com/mrminiobiwanaotc.asp)
Count Dooku AOTC
Darth Vader ANH
Anakin Skywalker ROTS
Anakin Skywalker ROTS Gold Chase
Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS
Darth Sidious ROTS Best Buy Exclusive Black Chrome x2
Darth Sidious ROTS
Darth Maul undamaged TPM
Obi-Wan ANH "As First Built" Convention Exclusive (http://www.rebelscum.com/mrminiobiwanafb.asp)
Obi-Wan ANH "As First Built" Gold Collectors Society Exclusive (http://www.rebelscum.com/mrminiobiwananhcs.asp)
Obi-Wan ANH "Weathered" UK QVC / Walmart.com Shared Exclusive (http://www.rebelscum.com/mrminiobiwanweathered.asp) (Ordered for 2 MONTHS from R2DToys :( )
Yoda ROTS Lightsaber Comic Con Dark Chrome

Stalecracker
08-18-2005, 10:22 PM
YAY!!!

I just got back into town and find my CS Kit has arrived!!! NOW, all I need is the Yoda Mini (which just shipped) to arrive and I have them ALL!!!

WOOHOO!!!

Jayspawn
09-09-2005, 03:37 PM
My Obi-Wan Kenobi Lightsaber LE from "Revenge of the Sith" arrived in the mail today! I accidently won it off Ebay and recieved #794. Its a beautiful saber too!

nash
09-10-2005, 06:23 PM
My Obi-Wan Kenobi Lightsaber LE from "Revenge of the Sith" arrived in the mail today! I accidently won it off Ebay and recieved #794. Its a beautiful saber too!

damn i wish i could "accidently" win that off of ebay. Ive been hunting one down for a month now! still no luck :(.

Jayspawn
09-10-2005, 07:24 PM
I 'accidently' won the Obi-Wan lightsaber because I bid only $1 more than the price was, at the final minute of the auction. I didnt expect to win, I was expecting to be outbid by a long shot. Nope! I won it shipped for $251.

nash
09-10-2005, 09:28 PM
I 'accidently' won the Obi-Wan lightsaber because I bid only $1 more than the price was, at the final minute of the auction. I didnt expect to win, I was expecting to be outbid by a long shot. Nope! I won it shipped for $251.

Oh my God! im so jealous of you! what a great steal especially for a complete saber set. If youre ever wanting to sell, hit me up first please :).

Val Da Car
09-21-2005, 07:26 PM
Hi, I have been collecting Minis since the start of the year and I thought of a great idea.

I really love some of the Unleased and wanted to pair up the Minis with Unleashed figures. So in just past few months I got the Vader Unleashed and the Vader Mini (EP IV) and the Mace Unleashed and Mace Saber (mini).

After seeing and Asajj I got one and looking for a second Dooku (Maybe) saber.

Then BB has the smokey Sidious saber which compelled me to get the Unleased Sidious and Yoda (you know what this means) so I live in the WI and could not make it to San Diego for the Convention EXCLUSIVE Yoda (Smokey) saber.

I ordered it last week and it arrived today....upon opening it, the saber is GOLD.......do I really have a GOLD chase production one. Was there even one for this line or do they do one for every mini line?

I did break the seal on the package so it was factory sealed when I opened it......( I am so nervous).....

I am never this lucky....really...I will post a pic soon...

Please Let me know did this run have a gold chase?

Thanks
VDC

Jayspawn
09-21-2005, 10:07 PM
5% of the run is gold Val. Good score!

Jayspawn
10-31-2005, 08:42 AM
I just recieved the Thermal Detonator LE. Its a neat replica. I have it on display in the trigger locked-back position. I've been holdin gout for the Weatherd version instead of the As First Built.

BEW
10-31-2005, 08:29 PM
What would someone place a value on the MR Celebration 3 Obi Wan mini chrome saber sealed for? Just curious. I have one that i am probably going to sell.

Jayspawn
10-31-2005, 10:18 PM
It sold at CIII for $35 and sold out. I'd say between that and $50. The overseas collectors who wernt at the show are always interested.

shadu widal
11-02-2005, 01:30 PM
I finally got the Mace Windu FX today! After Fed Ex delivered it to the wrong house(spent all day yesterday worrying over that, had to happen to the one thats nearly irreplacable). It is a beauty to behold! His is the most comfortable saber yet, no oddly placed objects, and rubber grips. Being that Mace is supposed to be the best Jedi ever with a saber, his design makes sense, as it is easy to weild. I see what some people mean about different colors in the blade, but at a distance, you can't see it.

My only complaints, I wish the blade were a darker purple, and his activation switch, is very easy to accidentally switch off while your weilding it. Now I have them all, what will MR be doing next with the FX sabers? Is the Darth Maul saber really happening? Can't wait for that one

kingyeti
11-02-2005, 03:44 PM
yes the maul fx is coming. go to the MR blog and check out the toy fair pics. they're also in the gallery on this site.

kingyeti
11-02-2005, 03:46 PM
also the obi ROTS fx is coming as well. it has the same neck as the Luke ROTJ fx.nice looking though.

shadu widal
11-02-2005, 05:57 PM
yes the maul fx is coming. go to the MR blog and check out the toy fair pics. they're also in the gallery on this site.

Searching these forums I found the pics with the guy in the suite holding it, plus 3 or 4 other images of the mid section. But where is this MR blog? I can't find it on their site, and Google turns up nothing. Will definitly be buying it though. When will it be out(speaking in MR terms, meaning what quarter of 06)? Any word on cost?

kingyeti
11-02-2005, 06:40 PM
if you click on the moving banner at the bottom of the home page at MR it will take you to the blog. from there you can find it . its pretty recent. no idea on release dates .

Jedi_Mike
11-04-2005, 10:00 PM
Maul FX is set for February 2006 according the latest rumors and the Obi-Wan ROTS is set for May 2006. Both have updated LEDs and Sound Chips for more brillant color and better sound.....I'm pretty psyched.

Jayspawn
11-16-2005, 02:11 PM
Hey Hey! It seems my Anakin LE I bought on the November 1st Sale has shipped out!

Fwad
11-17-2005, 01:18 PM
I had ordered the Anakin LE also and mine has shipped.

Jayspawn
11-19-2005, 09:19 AM
I accidently won a Yoda ROTS LE off Ebay last night, so that willl be arriving shortly as well.

BEW
11-19-2005, 10:10 AM
How much did you accidentally win a Yoda LE for?

Jayspawn
11-19-2005, 11:02 AM
$260 shipped.

Jayspawn
11-23-2005, 10:27 AM
FedEx dropped off my Anakin Skywalker LE from the November 1st sale this morning! It was more than worth the price. It looks great nest to me Obi-Wan ROTS LE.

I should be getting my Yoda ROTS LE in a few days.

BEW
11-23-2005, 05:12 PM
that is a great price you got! congrats!

Jayspawn
11-25-2005, 11:52 AM
Woohoo! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

FedEx just dropped off my Yoda ROTS LE this morning! Awesome saber! I'm very pleased with it. I recieved #266.

Markimus
11-25-2005, 10:11 PM
Nice - how do you like it? I have one coming to me .. but my number is not that low...

Jayspawn
11-25-2005, 10:30 PM
I'm very pleased with it. It was a tad larger than I thought. I like the scuffs and burn marks on it. I was suppresed to get that low of a number (not that it really matters to me). I missed the AOTC version but this one is just fine with me.

DarkArtist
12-02-2005, 12:00 PM
Has anyone else ordered the MR collector's society Darth Maul mini lightsaber? I just ordered it today and was wondering how it looked. All I have right now is the ROTS Obi Wan and was thinking of collecting these.

nash
12-02-2005, 06:50 PM
Has anyone else ordered the MR collector's society Darth Maul mini lightsaber? I just ordered it today and was wondering how it looked. All I have right now is the ROTS Obi Wan and was thinking of collecting these.

It looks pretty cool and is twice as long as the normal minis. Its totally worth the $50 especially if you make use of the different coupons that comes with the membership. you basically get it for free :).

BEW
12-03-2005, 07:47 AM
I was surprised to see how in scale size the Yoda LE was not much smaller than the Darth Maul LE. I love both but my only complaint were the clear acrylic cases for the Yoda LE. I had MR send me out two new replacement ones and they both had scratches and dings. Finally I just gave up and accepted the scratches on my first one. I guess I can't be perfect all the time.

Markimus
12-04-2005, 11:22 AM
I recently received my Yoda ROTS. I like the battle damage. It's a smallish saber but its still nice looking. Since I did not get the episode 2 one.. this will look nice with my Sidious.- My case looks fine.

nash
12-06-2005, 03:15 AM
Just recieved my Anakin ROTS LE ($250) and Luke ROTJ EE ($500 shipped) :D

BEW
12-06-2005, 05:39 AM
How did you get an EE ROTJ saber for only $500?

Jayspawn
12-06-2005, 10:45 AM
Thats a great haul Nash! :thumbsup: You got them for some awesome prices too!

nash
12-11-2005, 01:29 AM
How did you get an EE ROTJ saber for only $500?
I dont know. The seller on Ebay was brand new, he had no feedback ratings so people were probably hesitant to bid. I contacted him and we discussed things thoroughly so i felt confident to bid.

It is really a gorgeous piece. I thought my Obi weathered LE, or battle damaged maul LE were the center pieces of my collection, but I think this one is definitely a contender.

Jayspawn
12-18-2005, 11:50 PM
I accidently won a Mace Windu LE off Ebay today. Sooo....yeah. Thats comin in the mail soon.

Val Da Car
12-19-2005, 05:46 PM
won a SDCC mini Yoda chrome to go with the BB Exclusive.

Last mini Yoda I ordered was a Gold one....oh well

Jayspawn
12-24-2005, 10:37 AM
My Mace Windu LE Lightsaber arrived in the mail this morning. Since its Dec. 24th already I think I'll open it with my other presents with my family Christmas morning.

I'm having a great Christmas so far!

BEW
12-24-2005, 10:52 AM
SO just curious how much did this Mce one cost and was it new? I wish they would do a ROTS one so I can get a MAce one without paying all the high prices. And before everyone starts to yell at me I know there is now difference between the ROTS and AOTC Mace saber except the movie title but at least it would not be a Luke E 4 CE and LE like they are doing now.

Well anyways...congrats Jayspawn...that is the coolest Christmas present for yourself!

Jayspawn
12-24-2005, 05:04 PM
I got the Mace LE from another Collector for $270 shipped. I was expecting to get outbid at that price -but apparently not.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!