PDA

View Full Version : Palpatine facing Mace becomes... Darth Cartman?

JediTricks
06-11-2005, 04:11 AM
When Mace brings his galant crew of useless fools to arrest Palpatine, Palpatine starts to show his true colors and gets the "emperor" voice from ROTJ building up. Anybody else get the feeling he was channeling Eric Cartman from South Park? I had a friend make me an audio clip just for an example, he seemed to know right where to look when I brought it up. :D

Lucas should have gone all the way with it...

MACE WINDU: You're under arrest Chancellor!

DARTH CARTMAN: No way! Weeeak! Oh, more cheesy poofs? Sweeet! Now, where was I? Oh yeah, WEEEEAK! I'm not fat, I'm just wearing bulky senate robes!

MACE WINDU: Then your robes must have eaten an entire ham.

DARTH CARTMAN: Yeah, I totally... WHAT?!? Screw you guys, I'm going to cut off your heads!

;)

tagmac
06-11-2005, 12:01 PM
LMAO!!! While it doesn't change the scene for me (still think it's great), you're onto something there - he DOES sound a little like Cartman. :D

Rogue II
06-11-2005, 12:29 PM
They probably cut out the part where he says "RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!!"

JediTricks
06-12-2005, 10:16 PM
Dang, I totally wish I had remembered that line, would have been PERFECT! I was struggling to come up with Cartman stuff that wasn't dirty. :p

Rogue II
06-12-2005, 11:05 PM
Yeah, it wouldn't have made any sense if he sang a song about Mace's mother being a big fat something or other.

basschick
06-13-2005, 04:01 AM
*LOLOLOL*

good one!

CaptainSolo1138
06-13-2005, 11:42 AM
Good one, JT.
I can't tell if Ian is overacting or acting really well in this part.

2-1B
06-13-2005, 02:23 PM
I don't see the similarity.

El Chuxter
06-13-2005, 02:38 PM
This bugged me tremendously the first time, and I still cringed at it when re-watching it. However, I thought he was channeling Cobra Commander.

"No! Nooo!! NOOOOOOOO!!!! COOOOOOOOBRAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!"