PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tyson Fight Anyone? :)

DarthQuack
06-11-2005, 01:22 PM
Thought I would start a small thread on anyone who plans on ordering the Tyson fight tonight. I'm sure it goes for a whopping 50 bones, (me working for Time Warner would get it for half off) but seeing as this could be one of his last circus fights. I've been a fan of him since I can remember even if he is a few creatures short of a cantina......just wanted to know other thoughts.

JimJamBonds
06-11-2005, 02:51 PM
Thought I would start a small thread on anyone who plans on ordering the Tyson fight tonight. I'm sure it goes for a whopping 50 bones, (me working for Time Warner would get it for half off) but seeing as this could be one of his last circus fights. I've been a fan of him since I can remember even if he is a few creatures short of a cantina......just wanted to know other thoughts.

I don't plan on ordering the Tyson fight but I wouldn't mind seeing it if I had the oppertunity. Although to be honest I'd want to watch it less for the reason of seeing an ex-champ and more for the fact that who knows what Mike might do tonight.

Jim Jam

2-1B
06-12-2005, 01:35 AM
I would have been salty if I paid money to watch that garbage. lol lol lol

Kidhuman
06-12-2005, 01:57 AM
Tyson is a b**ch now. I still wouldnt want to take a shot from him though.

2-1B
06-12-2005, 02:40 AM
Pretty much, KH.

Just because he can't hold his own against boxing opponents, it doesn't mean that he couldn't tear our heads off with one blow. lol lol lol

DarthQuack
06-12-2005, 05:01 PM
So I did end up ordering it, the Ali fight was pretty good, never thought that a female boxer could actually be a hot one, but she is :). As for the Tyson Circus, I mean fight, you could just tell by watching it that he had no chance, just standing there biting his glove and pretty much just waiting for McBride to land his punches and what not. I do feel bad for him, now hopefully he can just retire like he should.

JediTricks
06-12-2005, 07:30 PM
Reading the article about it on CNN today, it was downright depressing and made me feel for the PPV customers who actually paid, though at least it was an interesting footnote in sports history. Still, if Tyson can't do the work in the form of training to get himself into the proper abilities, he shouldn't have even agreed to attempt another comeback, now he's a miserable has-been who has sullied his own brand name and become something of a clown in boxing. He should have just had Nintendo or some other company squeeze out a few new Mike Tyson Boxing video games and sold his name as a celebrity that way, he'll never be able to do George Foreman Grills but this would have been as close as he could have gotten.

jjreason
06-13-2005, 04:48 AM
Ummmmm..... I think the whole thing was planned. A rematch will certainly come down the pike now, as the Scottish Chewbacca never really did beat Mike, now did he?

We must remember that Tyson was ALWAYS a sprinter. He never faired nearly as well in fights going past 2 rounds, let alone going into the 7th. All of his losses have been long fights. Part of his allure duing his dominance was that "full tilt" aspect - so many opponents knocked out during the first round or two, and in ugly, ugly fashion.

I can foresee these two going at it again within the next year, year and a half tops. :blackeyes: :D