PDA

View Full Version : Futurama and Thundercats.

THE Slayer
01-12-2002, 01:12 PM
I have two questions. One about futurama, and one about thundercats.
On futurama last week, the nintendo ep for those who saw it, one of the 'Space invaders' said "All your base are belong to us." Now I know I've seen that quote on this forum. Where is it from??

And Now Thundercats. I have this Thundercats T-shirt and it says copyright 1999 Warner Bros. Does WB have the rights to the Thundercats?? ANd if so where are the new and improved action figs??

SithDroid
01-12-2002, 01:30 PM
Warner Brothers does have the rights to Thundercats. The cartoon can be seen on the Cartton Network, which is owned by WB, and only WB cartoons are played there. Hope this helps. As for the toys, I'm not sure, but some new Tundercats toys would be cool.

Wolfwood319
01-13-2002, 01:00 AM
The quote "All your base are belong to us" is from an old video game that was very poorly translated, hence the bad grammar. It wasn't a big deal until about 2 years ago, and a big internet hubub started about it. It's meaningless.

ANd if so where are the new and improved action figs??

I've been asking that for over a decade....

Sliver FBI
01-13-2002, 01:42 AM
Was it a new episode? I bet it would´ve been really funny to hear "AYBABTU" on TV. :D

JediTricks
01-13-2002, 10:04 AM
It's possible that when LJN went out of business, the Thundercats license got tied up in legal issues or even sold off. In any event, there should be new toys, I'd LOVE to see new toys like what's planned for He-Man this year.

THE Slayer
01-13-2002, 12:20 PM
I would like to see new Cats toys designed like the new he-man figs, some of those look awsome. Orko is one of the best.

Yeah it was new and the "aybabtu" was pretty funny.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-13-2002, 09:15 PM
I mentioned this detail a bit ago, about the Futurama video game reference:
All Your Links Belong to Us (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=292&perpage=10&display=&pagenumber=10)
I gave my Lion-O sword to a friend who had a Lion-O figure without a sword. Now I have no Thundercats toys, but a couple comic books.