PDA

View Full Version : Why does Palps keep looking at R2 all weird?

JediTricks
06-12-2005, 11:20 PM
During the scenes where Obi-Wan and Anakin try to pilot the Invisible Hand down to Coruscant, Palpatine is sitting behind/beside them and next to him is R2-D2 who isn't doing much of anything except making a few beeps, yet a few times we are shown Palpatine looking over at R2 like the little droid just royally cut the cheese or piddled on his shoe or told a dirty joke that Palps found distasteful or something. What's up with that? Anybody else notice this, find it odd?

JimJamBonds
06-13-2005, 12:25 AM
I belive we hear some beeps and then we see Palps looking at R2, maybe he knows droid speak and can't belive what he is hearing. Likely it doesn't have anything to do with what is going on since we know that R2's mind can wander.

Jim Jam

2-1B
06-13-2005, 12:38 AM
Artoo was being pretty rambunctious during that part of the ordeal, Anakin even had to yell at him, "Easy Artoo!" lol

Kidhuman
06-13-2005, 01:14 AM
Palps knew R2 was a crafty one, he probably knew that he had a saber under his dome. Wondering what would happen next, Palps was

X13VADER
06-13-2005, 08:09 AM
He Was Most Likely Saying "stupid Little Astro Droids"

ndjedi
06-13-2005, 01:26 PM
Yes that part also disturbed me as well, just knowing how evil Palpatine really is and all. Palpy really gave R2 some nasty and dirty looks. It made me mad as well.

El Chuxter
06-13-2005, 01:42 PM
Hmm, something made you mad at Palpatine? Wasn't that the point of the movie? lol

I wondered about this, but didn't think too hard about it. Maybe Palpatine can sense enough of the lil' guy's future to know he could be a huge pain in the butt later on?

darth fingerz
06-13-2005, 02:28 PM
maybe palpatine built r2 back on naboo when he was younger like anakin built c3po:D sad thing is as stupid as that sounds it is also plausable given a few of the plot devices used in the new films!!:crazed:

JediTricks
06-14-2005, 07:35 PM
Fingerz, that part about Palps building R2 had me rolling! That was a good one! :D

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who noticed this little oddity. I haven't seen anything that is a compelling reason why Palps was doing this, he gives looks way too big for "R2 making lots of noises". The only one that for me might feel like plausible reasoning is that Palps speaks "droid", but we have to discount that I think since R2's language isn't supposed to be understandable to anything other than a droid since it is too info-dense.

JimJamBonds
06-28-2005, 12:59 PM
I think Palps found out about the "pictures" plastered inside R2's dome, Palpers would like to sneak a peak but R2 won't let him!

2-1B
06-29-2005, 01:00 PM
Never argue with a drunken Kenny Baker. He'll take your face off !

Jargo
06-29-2005, 01:19 PM
ok, palps is a man of culture. he likes nice new shiney things. he likes cutting edge design and technology. Astromech droids are outmoded by the beginning of the saga so come ROS they're just cumbersome and awkward and ugly. plus they don't have proper vocoders. Plus it's just a machine. A machine that Anakin has sentimental attachment to. sentiment is not a trait aspired to by the Sith.
I would imagine Palps is simply showing his distaste of such a dirty, clumsy, slow article.

oh yeah i finally sat down and watched a copy of the movie.... meh. Too much cut out. Too jumpy. too confusing visually. Not enough Alderaan.