PDA

View Full Version : ROTS newer waves not slowing down (harder to find) - more figures than ever before!

Tycho
06-13-2005, 02:24 PM
The fact that we have 47 figures out less than 1 month after the movie is nothing to complain about!

Epsiode One: 18 initial for MM. 5 more by June or maybe 9 more total by July:

Nute, Rune, R2, Yoda, Destroyer, Naboo Jedi, Tatooine Maul, Senate Queen.

It was definitely July or so when Tarpals, Ody Mandrell, OOM-9, and later Adi Gallia hit. Because it was a close to Back-To-School sale (must've been August) that I saved big bucks on Panaka and Naboo Royal Security when those finally came out. (TPM's # 48-49)

So I'd say in the first month, TPM still had only

1. Qui-Gon
2. Obi-Wan
3. Anakin
4. JarJar
5. Darth Maul
6. Battle Droid
7. Padme Tatooine
8. Queen Amidala (Hanger Battle)
-----------------------------
9. C-3PO
10. Watto
11. Ric Olee
12. Darth Sidious
13. Senator Palpatine
---------------------------
14. Mace Windu
15. Ki Adi Mundi
16. Boss Nass
17. Chancellor Valorum
18. Gasgano Podracer
-------------------------
19. Qui-Gon Naboo
20. Obi-Wan Naboo
21. Darth Maul Tatooine
22. Queen Senate
------------------------
23. R2D2
24. Nute Gunray
25. Rune Haako
26. Destroyer Droid
27. Yoda
----------------------
28. Capt. Tarpals
29. OOM-9
30. Ody Mandrell Podracer
------------------------
31. Anakin - Jedi Padawan
32. Adi Gallia
------------------------

Panaka and Naboo Royal Security were next, but definitely out later than June, possibly later than July, and maybe first showed up in August IIRC.

For AOTC, it was 23 initital MM, through Luminara, Taun We...and Dooku, Yoda, Anakin HD, Zam, Clone, Mace, Jango Flame, Luke, Darth all were there by July, but that's 32.

1. Obi-Wan
2. Anakin Outlander Disguise
3. Padme
4. C-3PO
5. R2D2
6. Super Battle Droid
7. Kit Fisto
8. Jango Fett
--------------------
9. Boba Fett
10. Tusken Raider mother
11. Plo Koon
12. Shaak-Ti
13. Capt. Typho
14. Battle Droid
----------------------
15. JarJar Binks
16. Geonosian Warrior
17. Dexter Jettster
18. Sirch Fi Ek (Nikto Jedi)
19. SaeSee Tiin
-----------------------
20. Taun We
21. Luminara Undulli
22. Chancellor's Red Guard
21. Anakin Hanger Duel
22. Yoda Hanger Duel
23. Dooku
24. Zam Wessel
25. Clone Captain
----------------------

It was not until at least June that Mace, Jango Flame, Darth Vader, and Luke Bespin came out. For Collection 2, the next wave was Massif w. Geonosian, Qui-Gon, Orm Free Taa, and Endor Rebel Soldier I believe, with Palpatine and Djas Puhr quickly following. Perhaps only the Mace Wave was found in June IIFC, but even with ALL of these, that's 25 + 10 or 35 - well LESS than 47!

For ROTS WE HAVE 47 by June. That's unheard of!!!

Somebody should quote me and post that (hint). AOTC went up to 56 for the year I think - down to Yoda Council Chair repack, Ephant Mon wave, etc.

We're getting 68 THIS YEAR! (RS reports 12 more TBA by Hasbro likely at Comic Con - all ROTS)

So right now we're all just used to instant gratification. It will slow down, but I doubt the figures will be harder to get. Apparently 47 figures are selling well or else the stores wouldn't have been able to cut back their shelf space for Batman etc. if they didn't finally sell off a lot of their April 2nd stock (and its reships).

45, 46, 47 (Tarkin, Aask Aak, Meana Tillis) are all hard to get right now, but they just started shipping - I've found only 4-5 of each of them (and only during 1 trip, the rest I came up empty handed).

So in so far as how much product stores have moved and what we've got less than 30 days after the movie opened (today is Day 26), we're smoking!

What do you guys think in light of this information?

Rocketboy
06-13-2005, 03:25 PM
What do you guys think in light of this information?Wow...I think I'm glad I don't collect!
:D

DarkArtist
06-13-2005, 03:52 PM
I just hope that is Hasbro does release 12 more figures to the ROTS line that they have no action features, have amazing articulation or widely available and the list list includes Commander Cody with Holo Sidious and removable helmet, Commander Gree with removable helmet, a decent padme, a non action features, super articulated version of both anakin and kenobi. The rest can be anything :)

Clonetrooper1131
06-13-2005, 06:45 PM
It seems like it's really drying up where I live. I've found nothing but Nemoidian Warriors, and Clone Pilots at every Walmart, TRU, and Target. I don't even dare to go into KMart, just last week all I found was the Clone Pilot wave, and it looked like they had just put that out.

The worst around here is the TRU. I've looked a number of times, but never came out with anything. Most of my figures have come from Target and Walmart.

JEDIpartner
06-13-2005, 07:02 PM
You're right, Tycho... but I am just a little confused/concerned because I didn't have to actually "look" for anything with the last movie, having been with KEBco. Previously, I had to be in Japan to find the last initial waves of the Episode I figures. So-- this is kinda new to me again. :)

:(

LTBasker
06-13-2005, 08:48 PM
What do you guys think in light of this information?

I think it's ridiculous, but that's also cause I'm buying 2 of each plus the blue and purple variants. (Don't want inconsistent coloring in a full carded set...)

I guess it is cool in some way that they did it since it's probably the last time they can ever do it on this scale even if there are midnight madnesses for TV show merchandise. It'll never be as big as the movies.

But I'm just disappointed because it seems like the high amount of figures are what lead to the crappy packaging and the purple/blue error variants as it seems they had to rush. If it would've meant better quality packaging, I would've gladly just had about 24 or so on MM and then a wave every couple months or so. :p

BoShek
06-14-2005, 10:28 AM
Yes but the only figures that I remember having a hard time finding were Yoda and Dooku. I can't find a dozen of ROTS.

Kidhuman
06-14-2005, 10:44 AM
I am glad it slowed down. They released way too many at MM and right after.

Tycho
06-14-2005, 12:04 PM
Yes but the only figures that I remember having a hard time finding were Yoda and Dooku. I can't find a dozen of ROTS.

Which ROTS figures can't you find?

Did you start collecting on April 2nd at Midnite?

If not when DID you start?

Why did you start then? (money, less crowds, you waited to see the movie first, you got interested later because of the movie, store displays, you just became a fan - or a fan of this particular SW movie?)

How do you shop for your figures? (1st in the doors in the morning, casual pass by 'whenever,' determined hunts once in a while or on determined days?)

jedi master sal
06-14-2005, 12:18 PM
I think it was first fun having so much stuff available. Then it becmae ridiculous. There was too much out and new waves were hitting while many people hadn't even bought everything they wanted from MM.

I'm glad it's slowing down as well. Although, I wish they'd ship more clone 3-packs...

Not too much is pegwarming around here, with exception of:
Neimoidian Warrior
Brown Wookiee Warrior
Red robed Palpatine
Clone Pilot

That's not too bad out of the first 44 figures. Heck I pegged (pun intended) Mon Mothma as a pegwarmer, but that didn't happen. I think Hasbro has for the most part done a good job of distribution in my area this time around. (Again accept for the clone 3packs)

JetsAndHeels
06-14-2005, 12:27 PM
I agree with Sal. On April 2nd there was so much to choose from, but after a few days or so it kind of got to be a pain. Not to mention having to compete with the scalpers, etc. when making early runs to the local Targets and Wal-Marts.
For me at least, the initial slowdown from MM has allowed me extra time to look more thorougly for new figures. However around here too it seems that only the Neimodian warriors, Wookie Warriors, Red saber Palpatines are on the pegs. I was lucky enough to find 1 of the clone 3-packs, but have not seen anymore since.
Still waiting on the Tarkin wave and anything above that.

ROTJLuke
06-14-2005, 12:35 PM
Found the Tarkin wave...waiting on the Ani wave... ;)

tagmac
06-14-2005, 01:02 PM
In Jersey, TRU is the worst place to go, as they still have tons left over from MM. Target's not too bad, with the Nemoidian Warrior, Tan Wookie Warrior, Polis Massan, Mas Amedda, and Bail Organa pegwarming, as well as the Obi-Wan and Palpatine deluxe figures. The Clone Pilot and Red Palpatine are also pegwarming to a lesser extent. No sign of the Tarkin wave at all, and with Batman and Fantastic Four getting their due, it's only a matter of time before Target condenses their SW section, and those pegwarmers clog up the space that right now is pretty empty. Most frustrating is that they haven't filled the pegs at Target in more than a week, aside from the occasional case here and there with Anakin w/ Dooku saber.

Reading entertainmentearth's case assortments is promising, though. The waves with 51-56 have repacks of only Clones, Tank Gunners, Royal Guards, and Darth Vader, as well as figures from 40-50 that many have yet to find, so at least we'll be seeing more newer figures than older ones. I only hope Hasbro has the sense to pack some solid cases of 52-56 before the card change (unless they plan on repacking them, because these seem to be the only figures without future figure assortments to be re-packed with, and could make them falsely deemed "rare."

DarthQuack
06-14-2005, 01:19 PM
I feel bad cause I haven't hunted for figures since Midnight Madness....:( Need to pay off a computer, and 2 credit cards before I can hunt again, but I'm confident I'll be able to find all that I need.

Tycho
06-14-2005, 01:49 PM
Don't feel bad Darth Quack. What you're doing is both smart and important!

You'll probably be able to find most of the figures you don't have (#40+) in the stores.

Amazon.com will be a cheap (nearly at cost) way for you to get all the older figures (maybe not Darth Vader - but he'll reship and you might already have him).

E-bay is the last resort, but still - if you have no debt and nothing else to worry about, you could treat yourself to a htf figure on e-Bay as a last resort.

The point is that you will get it and you will be able to afford it when you do. :)

tagmac
06-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Don't be so sure about Amazon. they've only had about the same 10 figures for sale for the last month, with occasional new one popping up. I saw an Ask Aak on there earlier today, but in the time it took me to click to see if they had Tarkin and Meena Tills (which they didn't), it was gone.

jaxx
06-14-2005, 05:40 PM
I can't find a thing past figure #44, and that was a few weeks ago. It feels wierd coming out of a store empty handed so frequently.

I've searched and searched, but I've come up with nothing. I've called the stores first thing in the mornings, I've tried to go by the stores when I get off of work, or when I have a lunch break, and I can't find the Tarkin wave or higher. No Clone 3 packs anywhere. The stores that I call are no help. I usually get someone on the phone that knows nothing about Star Wars figures. If I DO get someone who knows a little about the figures, they either say that they have never seen the wave, or that the only box of that wave was sold out. Now, I understand that "Collection 2, Wave 4" is supposed to have: 1x Count Dooku (EIII #13), 1x Bail Organa (EIII #15), 1x Padmé (EIII #19), 1x Mon Mothma (EIII #24), 1x Vader's Medical Droid (EIII #37), 1x Polis Maasan (EIII #39), 2x Tarkin (EIII #45), 2x Senator Ask Aak (EIII #46), 2x Meena Tillis - Mon Calamari Senator (EIII #47). Also, "Collection 2, Wave 4.1" is supposed to have:1x Padme (EIII #19), 1x Vader's Medical Droid (EIII #37), 1x Polis Maasan (EIII #39), 3x Senator Ask Aak (EIII #46), 3x Tarkin (EIII #45), 3x Meena Tillis - Mon Calamari Senator (EIII #47).
So the moral of the story... there should be plenty of this wave floating around and it's not! What's the deal!!!???

Tycho
06-14-2005, 07:34 PM
Jaxx, the deal is some have leaked out, but it is not being deliberately shipped to stores.

Stores automatic orders are being filled when enough figures they already have are sold.

We are not supposed to have all the figures through 56 today.

I found this wave once. I think my store stocked in the middle of that Friday afternoon - about 2 weeks ago.

I bought:

4 Meana Tillis
4 Ask Aaks
5 Tarkins

I think I missed 2 or 3 more Ask Aaks, Meana Tillis' figures, because either 2 three-per-case boxes showed up, or 3 two-per-case boxes showed up.

I do not resell figures, but I also don't enjoy paying people (scalpers) who do. (Actually I almost never get my stuff from any source except retail).

I wanted 8 Ask Aaks total:

1) TPM Senate Scene
2) AOTC Senate Scene
3) ROTS Senate Scene
4) ROTS Palpatine's Return Scene
5) AOTC Club Outlander Patron
6) AOTC Palpatine's Office (as Obi-Wan's hologram transmits) scene
7) Cloak of Deception Novel (as Non-Niemoidian Trade Federations are killed)
8) TPM Pod Race Audience (as a fan of Mahownic)

So since I was there and since I don't enjoy feeling frustrated like (no doubt) you do right now - I bought ALL of them I'd seen. The other figures I wanted in the quantity I bought as well - for similar reasons.

I AM NOT THE ONLY PERSON WHO BUYS MORE THAN 1. OBVIOUSLY THIS IS MORE UNDERSTANDABLE WITH CLONE TROOPERS, BUT THERE ARE FEW CHARACTERS DIORAMA BUILDERS BUY ONLY 1 OF.

So chances are, people not reading this post, have no idea that 45, 46, 47 have showed up at our local San Diego store, because I bought everything.

I don't go every day any more, since things have slowed down for this wave and I'm up to date on the others, but by Hasbro's calendar:

1-32 on April 2nd

33 Clone Commander,
34 Clone Pilot
35 Palpatine (red)
36 Exploding General Grievous

were for May, and why they're so common now (sort of)

As might have been:

37 Vader's Medical Droid
38 AT-TE Gunner
39 Polis Masan
40 Mas Ameeda

(The AT-TE Gunner, as most Clones, never sits for long)

JUNE - which it STILL IS:

41 Clone Trooper
42 Niemoidian
43 Wookiee Warrior
44 Destroyer Droid

- which is why there are so many of them out there (uh, 41 aside)

JULY - might be

45. Tarkin
46. Ask Aak
47. Meena Tills

48. Comm. Baccera
49. R2D2
50. Crispy Anakin

AUGUST - might be

51-56

Some stuff might leak out early, depending upon how stuff sells. However 6 figures a month is more than we used to get.

If there are 12 more figures planned: 57-68, then

4 in Sept
4 in Oct
4 in Nov
4 in Dec

would make sense.

THE MOVIE RELEASE LIKE APRIL 2ND IS LONG OVER.

POTJ 2001:

Jan: Plo Koon, IG-88, K-3PO, Mon Calamari
Feb. SaeSee, Queen Amidala
Mar. Aurra Sing, Leia Bespin, Chewie
Apr. Maul, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Sandtrooper
May. Lando, JarJar, Tessek, R2Q5
June. Duro, Sabe, Bespin Guard, Ketwol
July. Obi-Wan, Shmi
Aug. Vader, Luke, Han
Sept.FX-7, Rebel Fleet Trooper, Imp. Officer, Sabe in Queen Disguise
Oct. ???
Nov, Eeth Koth, Zutton
Dec R4M9, Teebo, Bo-Shek

That's 35 figures over 12 months. We just got up to 47 in just over 2 months - obviously because it's a movie year.

So if we get back to 4 figures a month in a year when we are getting 68 figures total, it wouldn't surprise me.

Now come the complaints from the instant gratification camp....

Fluke Skywalker
06-15-2005, 03:36 AM
My only complaint has ever been that they released too much too soon. You kinda get use to that kind of flow and then they make you stop cold turkey. :nerv:

Still, AOTC was a much more frustrating collecting experience by far.

jaxx
06-15-2005, 10:44 AM
I found this wave once. I think my store stocked in the middle of that Friday afternoon - about 2 weeks ago.
I bought:
4 Meana Tillis
4 Ask Aaks
5 Tarkins
So chances are, people not reading this post, have no idea that 45, 46, 47 have showed up at our local San Diego store, because I bought everything.
JULY - might be
45. Tarkin
46. Ask Aak
47. Meena Tills
48. Comm. Baccera
49. R2D2
50. Crispy Anakin

Supposedly, the Crispy Anakin wave is out. It seems like the figures should be plentiful, according to the following link. That is, of course, if he stores around me actually get them in!!!:mad: Here's the link from Rebelscum.com.
http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=93254

tgr3328
06-15-2005, 11:15 AM
No sign of the Tarkin wave at all, and with Batman and Fantastic Four getting their due, it's only a matter of time before Target condenses their SW section, and those pegwarmers clog up the space that right now is pretty empty.

Yes, but the good news is that Target will occasionally clearance their merchandise, then bring in more. This will allow newer waves to come into the store. I recall that they did this several times with the Saga line.

Unlike Walmart where they will let the same stuff sit on the shelves forever!

inkedforlife
06-15-2005, 11:25 AM
Every TRU store I have checked out so far (6 in MI.) has had cases different than all the other retailers. Mostly they have the first 36 figures in special cases made up for them I believe. I think the reason for this is the fact they are being bought out by another company soon and Hasbro is gun shy about giving them too much overstock. I also heard through some TRU employees that a few stores across the country may be closing once the buy out is completed which affirms the idea behind Hasbro being gunshy.
As for figures 45 thru 50 I have not seen any of them at all yet at any of my area Targets, Walmarts or Meijers stores. I don't consider that an issue right now though. As many of you have said it looks from the EE site that new case assortments are on the way to fill the pegs with those new figures in no time.
The only issue I would have is if there are any variations in these first shipments of 45 thru 50. I am big into finding those. I do not consider the Blue VS. Purple a variation but I do consider the # 2 Anikin as one due to the different Light Sabers. I see Brians Toys was listing a # 35 Palpatine with a Blue saber but am still a little unsure if that is a true variation or someone slicing and dicing. Does anyone really know for sure?? Also has anyone seen any other true variations beyond the card colors??

Kidhuman
06-15-2005, 11:45 AM
#35 Palps is a true variation, it was a running change as Hasbro caught it early on.

jaxx
06-15-2005, 12:43 PM
Yes, but the good news is that Target will occasionally clearance their merchandise, then bring in more. This will allow newer waves to come into the store. I recall that they did this several times with the Saga line.

Unlike Walmart where they will let the same stuff sit on the shelves forever!

Unfortunately, the Targets by me have almost nothing on the pegs. Normally, this would be great because they could restock and reorder figures in the manner that you've described above, but they don't do it. There's plenty of space for the new waves, but the stores just aren't getting them. When I scan the figure under the "price scanner" that they have in the aisles, the scanner tells me that there are none in the stock room. I know that this may not be correct information, but if I ask someone, and if they're willing to give me an answer, they confirm that their whole stock is on the floor.
Supposedly, the Targets say that they get stuff in every night, and put it out first thing in the morning, but I just can't believe that their entire new stock is purchased every morning. It's extremely frustrating.
I have to agree with your assessment of Wal-Mart.
With all of the reports coming in of people finding figures up to # 50, I start to become more frustrated with my area's lack of merchandice.

Hexagram520
06-15-2005, 08:41 PM
Also has anyone seen any other true variations beyond the card colors??

The only non card color variations I know of/have are...

Blue Lightsaber Palpatine (Can't be faked because saber is sculpted into hand, and it is confirmed by Hasbro)

Wookie Warrior - One is tan khaki color, and one is brown caramel color (VERY obvious difference, no judgement call required)

Exploding Grievous - Packaged with Saber tray on left or right. (Packaging variant, not the actual figure)

Anakin #1 - Red saber with hand attached, Red Dooku Saber, and a supposed pink Dooku Saber (questionable...pink saber seems more like production inconsistency than an actual OOPS WE MADE PINK SABERS)

Blue/Red Royal Guards - I consider these 2 seperate figures, as do most people I think. But they are the same number/package, so whatever.

Tycho
06-15-2005, 09:21 PM
At Wal-Mart, I just bought:

6 AskAaks

Left behind :

up to 6 Meena Tills
2-3 Tarkins

My friend found Baccera, R2, Crispy-Anakin at another store, but he didn't get enough to share with our group yet.

Scackmgack
06-16-2005, 09:08 AM
I just hope it ends, soon. My wallet has taken a huge hit and I literally need a few months to recover.

My number one lesson of Star Wars collecting: "If you see it, and you want it, BUY IT, because you don't know when you will see it again." The few times I have broken this rule I have either never found the item again or been forced to go to Ebay or shop online to fill the spot in the collection, in which case you wind up paying more money. It is more economical, in the long run, to purchase the toys immediately at the lowest price point you can get them at.

Case and point: I saw two Red Guards at Kay-Bee a week or so after MM. I normally buy nothing from KB due to their higher prices, so I let them go.

I have since seen only one Red Guard. One.

jaxx
06-16-2005, 10:46 AM
The only non card color variations I know of/have are...
Exploding Grievous - Packaged with Saber tray on left or right. (Packaging variant, not the actual figure)
I was unaware that Grievous had a variation. I've only seen the card with the lightsaber on Grievous' right side (or on the left as you look at the figure) as it appears on this link... http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=ROTS/rots0536grievouscardfr.jpg.
Do you know if this is a running variation, or was it a fluke with one you picked up?

Clonetrooper1131
06-16-2005, 02:03 PM
I just hope it ends, soon. My wallet has taken a huge hit and I literally need a few months to recover.

My number one lesson of Star Wars collecting: "If you see it, and you want it, BUY IT, because you don't know when you will see it again." The few times I have broken this rule I have either never found the item again or been forced to go to Ebay or shop online to fill the spot in the collection, in which case you wind up paying more money. It is more economical, in the long run, to purchase the toys immediately at the lowest price point you can get them at.

Case and point: I saw two Red Guards at Kay-Bee a week or so after MM. I normally buy nothing from KB due to their higher prices, so I let them go.

I have since seen only one Red Guard. One.

That's pretty much my rule of thumb too. I passed up on Target's SA Clone Trooper. I haven't seen it since. I'm also having a hard time finding the Vulture Driod (either color), and any other of the new dexlux wave that's out.

The figures that I really wanted, I usually don't pass up. But some of the more common ones found at MM, I can't even find anymore.

Tycho
06-16-2005, 03:54 PM
I just got:

8 Crispy Anakins
6 R2D2s
2 Bacaras

3 Anakins are for me
2 R2s
1 Bacara - and I'm done with this wave.

I hope my friends pay me back TODAY because I also have my girlfriend's and 2 more friends' birthdays this month and everythings gotten way too expensive!

But I'm a nice guy:

4 of my friends get an R2
5 of my friends get an Anakin
1 lucky buddy of mine gets a Bacara

Of course anyone else who shops that Wal-Mart will find nothing because I wiped it out - but for those who think I'm "hoarding" - I can't afford to set foot in that Wal-Mart until my friends pay me back - AND - almost none of them will need another Anakin figure from me - PLUS - since I'm done with everything that's out there, I won't go back to the stores anyway (not until Jett Zukasa's wave hits).

Lazer Brain
06-16-2005, 04:33 PM
ah yes,,my accountant (aka wife) has drastically reduced my spending, i have had free reign until recently, now i only get what a need, as in new figures. but i think Hasbla knows the end is near and will try to get us one last time.
later

ROTJLuke
06-16-2005, 04:51 PM
I dont know about the end..but yea, Im getting ticked off that I cant find jack but peg warmers...but if you hold off, newer waves are shipping and the rarer figures (vader, atte gunner, tarkin wave, ani wave, royal guards) are going to be easier to find, so just hold on! How fast you get your figures doesnt necissarily count...its just as long as you get them...

Kidhuman
06-16-2005, 05:35 PM
I have found all up to 47, and the 2 clone 3 packs, red and white for now. This is insane.

Tycho
06-16-2005, 06:22 PM
This is insane.

Why? I doubt 51-56 will hit any time soon.

45-50 will have to start pegwarming first.

IMO, all of them will become common sooner than later.

ROTJLuke
06-16-2005, 07:27 PM
they always do! just give it time, and youll start seein your Ani wave as well as the rest of the tarkin wave, and so on...

Old Fossil
06-16-2005, 09:41 PM
Well! At least everybody's finding exactly what they want, in exactly the massive quantities they want, too! ("Everybody" meaning Tycho, of course. :rolleyes: )

I guess it's a good thing that Everybody is such a Good Samaritan, too. Right? :ermm:

Hexagram520
06-16-2005, 10:06 PM
I was unaware that Grievous had a variation. I've only seen the card with the lightsaber on Grievous' right side (or on the left as you look at the figure) as it appears on this link... http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=ROTS/rots0536grievouscardfr.jpg.
Do you know if this is a running variation, or was it a fluke with one you picked up?

No, the one pictured (saber on left) was the original, but I think Hasbro decided the right side looked to bare or something. I have found tons on the right side now (that's basically all you can find now here), and I managed to get one on the left too. It's definitely a running variation. I can usually spot, and ignore flukes. But yea, they redesigned the figure tray so the saber goes on the right. I'll take a pic of mine and show ya!

Hexagram520
06-16-2005, 10:20 PM
Exploding Grievous w/lightsaber on right

http://tinypic.com/5zph01
http://tinypic.com/5zpips

jaxx
06-16-2005, 10:38 PM
Exploding Grievous w/lightsaber on right

SCHWEEEET!!! I'll have to look for him up in here in the suburbs of Chicago...the land of pegwarmers.
Thanx for the pic. Now I know what to look for.

jaxx
06-16-2005, 10:56 PM
Why? I doubt 51-56 will hit any time soon.

45-50 will have to start pegwarming first.

IMO, all of them will become common sooner than later.

I would hope that they start to peg warm. I don't think that they have the chance to. I just haven't seen 45-50 anywhere in the Chicagoland area. With my job, I just can't make it to the stores when they open, or when/if they restock at 2 in the morning. So I'm assuming that the stores are being cleaned out at those times. By the way it sounds, they haven't had a chance to peg warm in San Diego either.
No offense, I like to get a duplicate of a good figure here and there too, but I hope that there aren't many collectors like you in my area. I would hope that there aren't just a couple of people that, on a regular basis, clear an entire store out as soon as they get stock in... and if there are more than a couple of people like that, people like me are S.O.L.:frus: Again, I don't have anything against ya (I might not be coming off the right way, so again, I don't mean to offend, upset, or anger you), but it frustrates me when I see and here about people walking out of a store with 5 or 10 of a particular figure. I understand that people want to make armies and dioramas, but there are also those that want to sell sell sell the figures for one heck of a profit. Your kind of "store clearance" I can accept because you're not doing it for profit, and because you don't keep ALL of the figs for yourself. I just hope that there are plenty to go around.:)

Kidhuman
06-16-2005, 11:01 PM
Anakin(#50) is one per case and one asst right now, so I dont know if he will warm that much, get him when you see it.

Hexagram520
06-17-2005, 01:32 AM
SCHWEEEET!!! I'll have to look for him up in here in the suburbs of Chicago...the land of pegwarmers.
Thanx for the pic. Now I know what to look for.No problem! If you or anyone needs pics of any of the other ones for clarification, just let me know! :)

Tycho
06-17-2005, 03:47 AM
Anakin(#50) is one per case and one asst right now, so I dont know if he will warm that much, get him when you see it.

No - while I didn't see them stock, I found:

8 Anakin #50's
6 R2D2's
2 Bacaras

That's 16 figures. With 12 to a case, there had to have been 2 cases.

16 + 2 more R2's + 6 more Bacaras = 24 figures or 2 cases.

I don't know this to be true, but that could mean

4 Anakins
4 R2s
4 Bacaras
------------
1 case

That's a great case. But figure on Bacara selling faster and the other 2 getting shelf time first.

I'm done with this wave. My friend wants something like 6 Bacaras.

Jaxx - I'm not at all offended. When someone who doesn't know me sees me with all those figures, they'd assume I'm scalping them perhaps.

However, since what I bought satisfied the needs of 5 collectors plus me - that's 6 people that will not be in ANY store buying up the Star Wars until the Jett Zukasa / Obi-Wan Pilot waves hit.

(except that Tony wants half a dozen Bacaras and I might pick them up for him while I hunt down a 2nd Vader Operating Table I'm still looking for).

But I have better things to do than go hunt all the time.

My final things I'll be looking for are:

3 Jett Zukasas
2 Captain Antilles
4 Utopau Warriors
2 Mustafar Sentries
2 Turbo Tank Drivers
6 Obi-Wan Kenobi Pilot figures

I also wonder when the Unleashed will hit (and hit my wallet for another $48)

I'll buy 1 each of the Evolutions, Jedi Force, and new Force Battlers figures when they hit - and a 12" Bariss.

Then I'll have about everything that Hasbro planned to put out until they show the new stuff at Comic Con.

Psi-Clon Yung
06-17-2005, 09:50 AM
I went out searching last weekend, hoping that the Walmarts, TRU's, and Targets had restocked their shelves. I was not disappointed, I picked up a couple of new releases on the MM figures, found "Rebuild Darth Vader", and much to my surprise, I found 1 Mon Calamari Senator.

I realized at that point that I missed out on Tarkin and was sickened. I have to admit that my hunting skills are incomplete. Any tips?

I think that all those wonderful figures are out there (#44+), but I can't seem to get my hands on them.

Another thing too, I finally broke down and bought the blue saber palpatine variation on ebay. I searched everywhere for it in stores, but by now it must be long gone.

Kidhuman
06-17-2005, 11:43 AM
Yes, the only place for Blue Saber palps is Ebay, you might find a lone case pop up that has sat in the stock room, but unlikely.

Try hunting either at 24 hr WM's between 10:30 pm and 3 am. Usually, they have the new cases out on pallets, you can scoop from those. Or get to stores at opening for the best pickings

Bren2d2
06-18-2005, 12:36 AM
I've been hitting 2 different WM's and the TRU pretty hard where I live and have had some success in finding what I need. Had to use Ebay to get the AT-TE Gunner because I have never seen one on the shelves anywhere. For the life of me I can't seem to find a Luminari Undula figure either. I am still waiting on the Tarkin wave, hope to be able to pick these figures up soon. I'd better hit these stores again tomorrow.

Psi-Clon Yung
06-20-2005, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the tips, unfortunately, it may be difficult to convince my wife and two baby boys to get up that early on a Saturday.

I may be doomed to picking up leftovers forever.

It was so easy with Episode I, I just bought every new figure that I saw, no questions asked. Money was no object. Does anyone else miss the ease we had with collecting Episode 1 figs.?

Kidhuman
06-20-2005, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the tips, unfortunately, it may be difficult to convince my wife and two baby boys to get up that early on a Saturday.

I may be doomed to picking up leftovers forever.

It was so easy with Episode I, I just bought every new figure that I saw, no questions asked. Money was no object. Does anyone else miss the ease we had with collecting Episode 1 figs.?

No need to convince, run out and get some snacks or nedicine or milk and eggs and hunt while you are there. :beard:

ROTJLuke
06-20-2005, 05:29 PM
I love bein single!

Bren2d2
06-20-2005, 08:50 PM
Skunked again, I went to 2 Walmarts and TRU today and found nothing. All are infested with pegwarmers and Grievous Wheel Bikes. Damn, well tomorrow is another day, time to visit Target again.

Jango Speck
06-21-2005, 01:34 AM

Weren't Ep1 figs going for like $8 at Toys R Us when they first came out?