PDA

View Full Version : kid anakin, darth maul

darth fingerz
06-13-2005, 03:46 PM
people keep coming to the conclusion that palpatine some how created anakin....

if we look at the facts they are as follows

1. palpatine says that plagous (excuse my spelling) learned how to
create life from midichlorins, he says that he was betrayed
by his apprentice and murdered in his spleep, and that the apprentice
had not been taught the extraordinary skills that palgous had developed

2. If palpatine had the skill then why does he not create loads of new pals
to help him take over the universe?

3. In darth maul's back story it is said that he was trained as a sith
apprentice by sidous when Maul was but a child, if that was the case
then why didnt palpatine wisk anakin away to a safe location ready for
his uses? , he could've manipulated anakin from a young age!

El Chuxter
06-13-2005, 03:54 PM
Well, we don't know how hard it is to create life. It could be close to impossible, a once-in-a-lifetime feat. Or doing it could endanger the cover Palpatine worked so hard to create.

The training from birth wouldn't have worked. It was a weakness in the Jedi, and it was a weakness in Darth Maul. In both cases, they showed a lack of adaptability and paid for it with their lives. Allowing his chosen protege to live life as a normal person, a Jedi, and then a Sith would make him far more adaptable.

darth fingerz
06-13-2005, 04:13 PM
thats very true on both accounts!!

I do think that if he had gone to so much trouble, a once in a lifetime achievement as you said, then he would have posted security to ensure that the jedi didnt get hold of him, for it was very possible that they could have turned him to a force for good, the emperor would have had no way to control all eventualities, if he did that would mean that he can effect everybodies decisions including all of the jedis.. and if that were so he could have manipulated and set up an rise to power much easier that he did

Captain Spoon
06-13-2005, 04:36 PM
I would say that palp was using it as a form of persuation. By telling him that story it might make Anakin realize.. that since he possibly could have been a product of this power that he was destined to master it and possibly improve it. There fore changing him from a whiny little b***h of a Jedi to a whiny little b***h of a Sith. Being that Anakin was so gullable Palpatine probobly fed junk like this to him for years

stillakid
06-13-2005, 04:56 PM
No matter who was responsible for manipulating the Midi's to create Anakin, the real question is why go to the trouble? Why not just buy Shmi a couple of drinks and take it home? :smoker:

El Chuxter
06-13-2005, 05:01 PM
No matter who was responsible for manipulating the Midi's to create Anakin, the real question is why go to the trouble? Why not just buy Shmi a couple of drinks and take it home? :smoker:

stillakid, I believe the emoticon you're looking for is :beard:, not :smoker:.

stillakid
06-13-2005, 05:24 PM
stillakid, I believe the emoticon you're looking for is :beard:, not :smoker:.

:beard: comes before, you know, to get the juices flowin'. There's some of this :silly: and maybe even a little :Pirate: . But after lil Ani-poo gets his start, it all ends with :smoker:

:cool:

darko666
06-13-2005, 07:39 PM
:beard: comes before, you know, to get the juices flowin'. There's some of this :silly: and maybe even a little :Pirate: . But after lil Ani-poo gets his start, it all ends with :smoker:

best. post. ever.

but as for the topic, IMO palpatine didn't create anakin. maybe his master did before he was murdered. which i think is the logical theory. since Palps is hinting he was the apprentice, i believe he doesn't know everything his master knowed, so after he murdered Plaugeis, he then watched his soon to be apprentice grow up and waited for the right time to take him under his wing. and i know that the jedi coming there was a little ironic. but even if they didn't, Palp would have eventually taken Anakin as an apprentice, by teaching him the force. but by the jedi taking him under their wing, Anakin would then learn the force, and Palps could keep a closer eye on him. and with the events that happened in the movies, it was clear that Anakin would become a sith.

The training from birth wouldn't have worked. It was a weakness in the Jedi, and it was a weakness in Darth Maul

yes, thats true, but who says Palps would train him straight from birth. that wouldn't even be possible. like all padawans, they are trained at a young age, since they are taken from their parents at a young age, they don't develop those feelings that could lead them to the dark side. look at Anakin when he was only 8, the jedi did not want to train him. he was to old. so that must mean that padawans start their training at least by the age of 5 or 6. i'm sure there is an answer for this in a book or something, so don't take my word for it. and Maul wasn't trained from birth, he was taken under Palp at a young age to be trained in the sith arts. not only did he have a tolerance for pain(by tattoing his whole body) he underwent training for a long time before even having his first mission(which was extremely succesful), then he went and located the jedi on Tattoine, he arose shock and confusion in the jedi council by showing them that the sith are still around. in all seriousness, Maul would have been a great sith lord, but GL had to ruin that. what a waste of a great character. :dis:

Kidhuman
06-14-2005, 01:35 AM

I will never look at emoticons the same way again......