PDA

View Full Version : What does Sidious say as he blasts Mace out of the window?

timothyemerson
06-14-2005, 02:01 AM
I've seen it three times but I can't understand it.

Anybody? Bueller?

"R4. Scramble Code 5 to Coruscant care of The Old Folk's Home."

jjreason
06-14-2005, 02:09 AM
"Power! UN-LIM-I-TED POWER!!!!!!!!!!"

Jek Porky 2002
06-14-2005, 04:17 AM
"Power! UN-LIM-I-TED POWER!!!!!!!!!!"

Ding!

Correct!

Great scene!! :D

JediTricks
06-14-2005, 07:27 PM
I didn't get it at first either, caught it on my second viewing, and it left me with a HUGE question that weighed on my mind for several more minutes... WHY DID HE YELL THIS??? It didn't seem to be in context with anything that had been said between Mace & Palps or Mace & Anakin or Palps & Anakin, it didn't seem to make sense on its own as something to yell, and it actually felt like Palpatine was saying it in ultimate response to something prior, but I totally didn't get this line.

Slicker
06-14-2005, 07:30 PM
I didn't get it at first either, caught it on my second viewing, and it left me with a HUGE question that weighed on my mind for several more minutes... WHY DID HE YELL THIS??? It didn't seem to be in context with anything that had been said between Mace & Palps or Mace & Anakin or Palps & Anakin, it didn't seem to make sense on its own as something to yell, and it actually felt like Palpatine was saying it in ultimate response to something prior, but I totally didn't get this line.Mayhaps it was to show Anakin the true power of the Dark Side. Anakin only helped him because he thought that Palps was defeated but after severing Mace' hand Palps pops up and unleashes his finger fury of lightning demonstrating that no matter what he can keep going. Unless, that is, he's tossed down a ventilation shaft.;)

JimJamBonds
06-14-2005, 10:34 PM
I didn't get it at first either, caught it on my second viewing, and it left me with a HUGE question that weighed on my mind for several more minutes... WHY DID HE YELL THIS??? It didn't seem to be in context with anything that had been said between Mace & Palps or Mace & Anakin or Palps & Anakin, it didn't seem to make sense on its own as something to yell, and it actually felt like Palpatine was saying it in ultimate response to something prior, but I totally didn't get this line.

It took me a few viewings before I was able to figure out what Palpatine said. My take on this is that while Palps was shooting the lightning at Mace he was saying he was too weak and 'can't hold it much longer.' This I belive was said to stroke Anakin and get his help. Its only a 30-40 second break and Palps can fire the lightning without a problem. Its a chance to 'show off' for Anakin and a chance to mouth off to one of the Jedi's big boys.... Or thats what I'm going with right now. :p

Jim Jam

JediTricks
06-15-2005, 08:27 PM
Hmm, could be, makes some sense I suppose, I definitely didn't get it while watching the scene play out though, at first I thought he was just completing a sentence but that wasn't it, then I thought he was just feeling his oats but it didn't seem quite right either. Any other interpretations?

darth fingerz
06-17-2005, 02:21 PM
he was actually advertising the a new electricity provider, in the deleted scen he says unliiimmiittteddd pppooowwweeerr for only 9.99 a month:D lucas cut this as he thought it was too obvious, if you listen carefully as mace decends he shouts PRICCCESSSAREE....FAalllliiiingggggg!!

El Chuxter
06-17-2005, 02:27 PM
Actually, I believe he said, "Ezekiel this, punk!" :p

Devo
06-17-2005, 06:36 PM
It was a bit too Dr Evilesque for me I nearly bust my gut in the cinema when he said it, it was just so cheesy .

JimJamBonds
06-18-2005, 12:26 PM
It was a bit too Dr Evilesque for me I nearly bust my gut in the cinema when he said it, it was just so cheesy .

I didn't have so much a problem with that bit, but the "NO NO NOOOO" was a bit much along with right after Mace goes flying and Sid's leans his head back and goes "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I keep thinking he's going to light up a cigarette next!:p

2-1B
06-18-2005, 02:06 PM
Jim Jam, what else COULD he do after that other than fire up a heater ? :p

JimJamBonds
06-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Jim Jam, what else COULD he do after that other than fire up a heater ? :p

Roll back over and go to bed? :confused: