PDA

View Full Version : Clone Decal Idea For Hasbro.

The Whills
06-14-2005, 05:59 AM
I have been buying all of the #6 and #41 clones I have seen to build my armies, but still leaving a few that I find for other troop builders and collectors.
I don't really know why I need so many white ones since they are hardly in the movie. But I was thinking I would buy as many as possible so my customizing possibilities would be better in the future. Anyways, rather than bothering hasbro to make more clones that would cost us $5, they could make a hobby out of their white clones by making decal packs. The decals could have the interesting flaking and weathering that the clones have and could make the purchase of several white clones an easier way to troop build rather than trying to track down several paint variations of clones that would cost hasbro and us more money. Hasbro or some enterprising fan should definately do this, clone decals would rock!

What do you guys think of the technical and aesthetic possibilities in this?

CaptainSolo1138
06-14-2005, 08:48 AM
Damn, that's a really good idea Whills. That's the reason I can't see Hasbro doing it :D

I'm confused though: Did you mention including colored stickers for the different troops? Instead of just battle damage, blaster holes, etc., I'd also include different colors to slap on the clones. That way you could have your own Shocktroops, 501st, etc.

Kidhuman
06-14-2005, 09:04 AM
Moved to dear hasbro and a good idea also.

jedi master sal
06-14-2005, 11:01 AM
Damn, that's a really good idea Whills. That's the reason I can't see Hasbro doing it :D

I'm confused though: Did you mention including colored stickers for the different troops? Instead of just battle damage, blaster holes, etc., I'd also include different colors to slap on the clones. That way you could have your own Shocktroops, 501st, etc.

I think that's what he was getting at. Both color stickers and battle damage stickers.

I'd totally be up for these as I have 112 #6 clones and 17 #41 clones. I would have really arther had the color variations from the beginning, but if there's no other way to do it (other than painting them yourselves which is a long process), then stickers would be a great way to go.

-Sal

DarthQuack
06-14-2005, 12:23 PM
That really is a good idea, would cut down on scalpers hording all the figures and other people too.

VaderhitsJarjar
06-14-2005, 04:28 PM
I can see Ebay now....
all the folks trying to sell their crooked sticker Clone troopers off as "Customs"

item number 9462856378q7632 Custom Clone trooper!!!
see PIC.!
and the Pic. has the stickers on backward....

buy it now $45.00

but a cool idea indeed!!

Or we could use the sticker sheet from the gunship!! all the colors use a hobby knife and wha lahh -
oh wait I can't find anymore gunships

Val Da Car
06-14-2005, 08:19 PM
I think that's what he was getting at. Both color stickers and battle damage stickers.

I'd totally be up for these as I have 112 #6 clones and 17 #41 clones. I would have really arther had the color variations from the beginning, but if there's no other way to do it (other than painting them yourselves which is a long process), then stickers would be a great way to go.

-Sal

Nice body count JMS!

I only have 80 #41's, 7 Target Excl, 4 #6's, 5 Clone Commanders & 22 AT TE Gunners

another site had some decals that resembled the Target Clone and I have used a few of them....Turbowars ended up with a set of them in Red, Blue & Green and I am pleased with the results so far.

Kidhuman
06-14-2005, 11:59 PM
17 #41 clones.
-Sal

WOw, I come close to Sal in that total with 13. Only 5 #6 though, he slaughtered me.

The Whills
06-15-2005, 01:59 AM
Yes, I meant they should make different color decals for different designations of clones, such as the blue death squad and such.

jedi master sal
06-15-2005, 08:47 AM
Nice body count JMS!

I only have 80 #41's, 7 Target Excl, 4 #6's, 5 Clone Commanders & 22 AT TE Gunners

another site had some decals that resembled the Target Clone and I have used a few of them....Turbowars ended up with a set of them in Red, Blue & Green and I am pleased with the results so far.

Hmmm, I didn't think to count those others, so here are my totals with those as well:
114 #6 clones (Updates, got two more last night)
17 #41 clones
4 Target Clones (2 each of the two package variants-1 each of those opened)
14 Clone Commanders (I plan to do some major customizing)
4 AT-TE Gunners (Alas I want more, but only just lucked out recently and found these-Val are these easy to find in your area? If so, can you hook me up? I'd pay in advance or course and include shipping and a little more for your effort, LMK.)
15 Clone Pilots (3 each for my 3 ARC-170s; 2 each for the ROTS gunships-which I plan on customizing, the gunship not the pilots; one open to mill about and one carded
4 Deluxe Clones
4 Barc Speederbike Clones (Yes, the ones that should have been Kashyyyk Defender Camo Scout Clones)

I think that's all. Though the number of #6, #41 and AT-TE Gunners may increase as I will likely get more of them. I have enough pilots, deluxe and Barc Clones. Funny, when I first saw these, I thought Barc was meant for the MacGruff style helmet. Do they look like that to anyone else???

WOW, I come close to Sal in that total with 13. Only 5 #6 though, he slaughtered me.

heh heh. It's not a competition. I'm not trying to "beat" anyone for the number of clones I have. I just post those numbers for the heck of it. I'm an army builder pure and simple. (Although I probably do have the most any one single person has of the AOTC style clones with 483 being that total. heh heh. That's going to make one heck of a Geonosian diorama one day)

-Sal

Kidhuman
06-15-2005, 10:02 AM
I am not competing, I was shocked you didnt have more. I have been lucky and found lots of cases at night in WM and busted them open and got some via trades. I would never have that many #6, dont see that many around here. One thing I miss about living in NYC is the amount of stuff I dont see in Va.

jedi master sal
06-15-2005, 02:25 PM
I am not competing, I was shocked you didnt have more. I have been lucky and found lots of cases at night in WM and busted them open and got some via trades. I would never have that many #6, dont see that many around here. One thing I miss about living in NYC is the amount of stuff I dont see in Va.

Ha ha, I know you weren't competing. (I just others to make sure they know that I'm not competing. The numbers I post are accurate and true.)

Yeah, I want more clones, but there's so much other stuff out there right now. Between GG and MR, besides all the Hasbro stuff, it's going to be an immensely expensive year.

Kidhuman
06-16-2005, 12:15 AM
I added 1 clone 3 pack today Sal, I am coming for you. :beard: :p

jedi master sal
06-16-2005, 08:22 AM
I added 1 clone 3 pack today Sal, I am coming for you. :beard: :p

Was that the:
all white
two white w/one brown (standing)
two white w one green (kneeling)

which one?

As of now, I only have the white set. If you found a color version and find more, can you hook a brother (read fellow fan/collector/moderator) up....

Dang, I knew those 3-packs would be hard to come by. The CW ones were at first for me, but them I was swimming in them about 4-6 months later. I hope at least that's the case this time around too. I'd rather they be plentiful right now though. Yeah, I know we've got alot of stuff right now, btu those clones I'd go after in a heartbeat. I'd imagine these would be good sellers for kids as well, since the pricepoint is reasonable for parents.

Ya know, I'm a designer. I should make these decals. But here's the thing, do I sell them or offer them free.....(I'm guessing I know what people would want. Just consider that it does take time and expertise to develope those things. I could make the file a PDF and people could download it and print them out on there on to sticker paper. (But do I charge for the PDF?) Hmmm, curious...

Kidhuman
06-16-2005, 08:49 AM
I found the red/maroon/brown looking one. Only one I have seen to date. If I find another, it is all yours.

Val Da Car
06-16-2005, 12:36 PM
A while ago someone sent me a set of JPG files with Red, Blue & Green Decal.

Printed and whamm-O instant color clones.

Kidhuman
06-16-2005, 12:45 PM
Hook up the photo Val...

Val Da Car
06-16-2005, 12:57 PM
I have them in a word document also.

I resized the red and blue by 10 pixels but kept the DPI the same.

LMK

jedi master sal
06-16-2005, 01:42 PM
I found the red/maroon/brown looking one. Only one I have seen to date. If I find another, it is all yours.

MUCH appreciated! Cost , plus shipping, plus a little something extra for yourself, of course.

-Sal

Kidhuman
06-16-2005, 04:32 PM
Sorry Sal, found the white 3 pack today. Still looking for the green/red variant for you though.

jedi master sal
06-16-2005, 07:41 PM
Sorry Sal, found the white 3 pack today. Still looking for the green/red variant for you though.

Hell, any extras you find that you'd be willing to sell to me, I'd be VERY happy to buy. Be they the all white/white+brown/all color/white+green versions. Any three pack I'd gladly buy from you. Just LMK.

Thanks,
-Sal

Kidhuman
06-16-2005, 09:19 PM
Will do Salvatore.

VaderhitsJarjar
06-16-2005, 10:00 PM
I only have one all white three pack -
The funny thing is every time I check out a store I find a zillion deluxe palpy n' super droid figures - but always one spider droid.....One Spider Droid!!

I could probably have eight of em puppies - or spiders if I wasnt' waiting for the clone troopers.:crazed:

The Whills
06-17-2005, 02:45 AM
Yeah, I managed to pick up 2 all white clone three packs. All the more white clones that could use decals...I'll pay money for them, anyone who makes these will probably get quite a high demand for them on this site at least, so it would only be fair to throw whoever wants to make them some money.

Val Da Car
06-17-2005, 05:49 PM
Go back to page 2....save JPG's to disk....Paste into Word and print on Avery Label #8665 (for Inkjet) and there ya go!

Supply inkjet printer and label and instant decals!

Kidhuman
06-17-2005, 08:48 PM
Picked up 7 more SA clones today. GOnna have to get those Jpegs and print those decals out.

Val Da Car
06-21-2005, 09:54 PM
Someone has taken the idea to Ebay..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=101609&item=5983180440&rd=1

I am almost sad or disappointed but overall.....nice decal work....keep buying ink BABY!!!

Devo
07-01-2005, 09:46 AM
I've gotten my first 'army' (more like a small platoon compared to the numbers you guys have) - 32 EE clones plus the 4 SA clones I had from the CW line, 2 basic red clones from Saga, 2 gunship pilots and 1 deluxe speeder bike clone. I intend to get a second gunship - the ROTS version - 2 more AOTC pilots for that and 3 more Saga deluxe clones on Speeder bikes. I rather like those bikes because of the improved handlebars and SA clones look great on them. I had ordered one set of 16 EE clones from r2dtoys.com and unexpectedly came upon them at retail - having suspicions that something had gone wrong with my online order I went ahead and bought these only for my order to arrive the next day! But I wasn't complaining. I'll even buy more if theres still some left next time I'm toy hunting but I doubt it in which case I'll be happy with what I have.

Although the ROTS clones look nice I wish Lucas had just stuck with the AOTC clones for these reasons (sorry I'm pretty much off topic:

It raises the question - what was wrong with the AOTC design (in-universe)

It needlessly raises the question as to why stormtroopers didn't undergo any further evolution as the clones did

I would have easily assumed the AOTC clones turned into stormtroopers without seeing any other evolutionary stage

It means my army of EE clones is only good for 1 film - an army of stormtroopers would be good for 3

If they felt more variety was needed they could simply have put the ARC troopers on screen - they could have been the 501st

The Whills
07-06-2005, 02:25 AM
Someone has taken the idea to Ebay..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=101609&item=5983180440&rd=1

I am almost sad or disappointed but overall.....nice decal work....keep buying ink BABY!!!

So I have to pay this guy $5.00 to get target exclusive clones? Hah, it's almost a better deal than buying the dumb target exclusive. Anyway, this isn't exactly the idea I had. I was thinking of some decals that would be more complicated, like so you could make the 501st legion and the cody battalion and such.

Darth Cruel
07-19-2005, 10:34 PM
I picked up some of the stickers that you guys linked to on ebay. I am quite satisfied with them. For 5.00 you get a sheet with enough stickers for 80 troopers and in 6 different colors: blue, red, green, yellow, black, and gray. I got 4 sheets. The stickers have very good adhesive, but the one you put on the helmet you have to cut out to shape. It stays better that way. Another thing I like about them is no battle damage. I like to have some troopers cleaned up to use in formations. Of course it is critical to also have some damaged ones as well.