PDA

View Full Version : Natalie Portman

Dark Annie
01-12-2002, 08:49 PM
:crazed: Who Thinks Natalie Portman is Beautiful? She looks very attractive in most of her new Episode 2 costumes. If anyone has pictures of Natalie Portman please post them or post the link. I LOVE Natalie Portman. :crazed: Padme is awesome !!! :crazed:

Dark Annie
01-12-2002, 09:01 PM
:) If "ANYONE AT ALL" wishes to talk about Natalie Portman, please post a reply to my thread. :( Unless, no one likes Natalie Portman... That would be very sad... :cry:

Dark Annie
01-12-2002, 09:22 PM
Since No one else wishes to reply to my thread, I have been forced to reply myself. It seems that I am the only one that cares about Natalie Portman. I am putting up a picture as well.

bigbarada
01-12-2002, 09:35 PM
Patience dude!

I like Natalie Portman and I think she's pretty hot looking also, so you're not alone there. I don't have any pictures to post of her right now except for the topless ones of her taken on a beach somewhere. And I think posting those would get me banned.:Pirate:

master jedi
01-12-2002, 10:17 PM
You responded twice to your own thread within 30 minutes? Don't expect to get many posts within a short amout of time here.

Natalie Portman is not beautiful. She's HOT!!!

GNT
01-12-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by master jedi
Natalie Portman is not beautiful. She's HOT!!!

and shes all mine :p

2-1B
01-13-2002, 01:47 AM
Brace yourself Dark Annie, there are some SSG forumites who are not impressed with Natalie. I noticed alot of references on the old forums to Natalie's . . . similarity . . . to that of a potato.

I myself do not understand the criticism, and remain an adoring fan of hers :)

Obi-Don
01-13-2002, 03:51 AM
She is a very hot woman and I enjoy getting the chance to look at her.

Also you have to get us a chance to respond to your posts.

LTBasker
01-13-2002, 07:29 AM
I don't see what's so great about her, as someone has forced it out of me I do think she is beautiful, but then again I even thought that about Leia in her slave outfit when I was just 4. :D Portman has contradicted herself many times on things she has said and I haven't really seen anything that makes her like she can act. My point: She's beautiful, yeah, but I think the hype about her just came on because she's a SW chick and I just don't see what the big deal is about her and I think it's ridiculous that she appears to be trying to act as a role model but then she says something and doesn't mean it. Yeah I'm done spoiling the party, party on. :happy:

derek
01-14-2002, 12:29 AM
i may be mistaken, but i seem to recall emperor jargo is quite fond of this young lady. he's got a whole website devoted to her. me, i really don't care for her.:D

bigbarada
01-14-2002, 10:49 AM
Nah, here's the love of Jargo's life:

derek
01-14-2002, 05:04 PM
i'm curious if the topless natalie pics are real. dosen't seem like something she would do, based on interviews i've read. unless she's gone nuts at harvard, i bet they are faked. i bet they are doctored images from her beach scene in "anywhere but here". if so, it would be technically illegal to possess this image since she was a minor when that movie was filmed, even if they are fake.

stillakid
01-14-2002, 05:11 PM
Of course, empirically she's beautiful. Her acting talent really shines through in The Professional. Unfortunately, TPM wasn't much to work with, but she managed to spit out her dialogue better than most.

SithDroid
01-14-2002, 05:36 PM
I love Natalie Portman as well. Some of her movie choices have not been the greatest, but The Professional is Amazing. She does an amazing job in that film and she was only 12 or so when it was made. Plus she is very gorgeous.

mylow thehutt
01-14-2002, 06:04 PM
:kiss: :kiss: huba huba:crazed: Shes the sexyest thing that walks on two legs,in the starwars galaxy.:D

master jedi
01-14-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by GNT

and shes all mine :p

You can have her after you pry her from my cold dead fingers.

El Chuxter
01-15-2002, 12:05 PM
Eh, she's kinda cute, but she ain't no Tiffany (http://pages.prodigy.net/elchuxter/tifanny.htm). :rolleyes:

2-1B
01-15-2002, 12:10 PM
Nice site El Chuxter :)

I was worried :( that you would fail to mention Tif's revolutionary shopping mall concert tours, but you came through in the end.

2-1B
01-15-2002, 12:14 PM
I'd like to see Weird Al rework his "I think I'm a clone now" parody of Tiffany's "I think we're alone now" into a Boba Fett AOTC homage.

vulcantouch
01-15-2002, 12:40 PM
i think that cuz of her look, upbringing, interests & choices, she's destined to embody a symbolic importance which'll far outstrip her acting career, a la grace kelly or jackie o. in other words, she's america's next queen. that said, i think decoy sabe (kiera knightly) was purtier :kiss:
where'd that top10babes thred go? oh well, i'll have fun here ;) but ONLY 10?? :( in no particular order:
-susanna thompson as borg queen/dax's luvvah (http://www.unimatrix001.de/Borg-Schauspieler/S__Thompson/s__thompson.html)
-bujold in House of Yes
-ali macgraw in her yoga video (http://us.imdb.com/ImageView?u=http%3A//images.amazon.com/images/P/6303243606.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg)
-katherine ross in Graduate and Stepford
-kathleen robertson in Splendor
-kathleen fontaine in Some Prefer Cake
-jami gertz in Less Than Zero
-parker posey in Party Girl, Clockwatchers or Henry Fool
-ione skye in Dream For An Insomniac
-denise richards in Wild Things
-stacy edwards in In The Company of Men
-carla marlier in Zazie Dans Le Metro
-delphine seyrig in Last Year At Marienbad (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/dvd/1572524308/pictures/14/104-7330037-7132721#more-pictures)
-nicole brown simpson's brunet sister denise on her sanctimonious soapbox
-susan sontag on her '60s book jackets
-bianca in studio 54
-evangelista in nov '88 issue of u.s. vogue
-romijn in hilfiger ads
-ines de la fressange in 1990 coco perfume tvcomm
-gong li in Anythin
-edie (http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/ediesedgwick/)
did i lose count? ;) oh well, why stop there: emmylou harris, fiorentino, sean young, wendie malick, amanda peet, gul dukat's daughter tora ziyal, princess stephanie even though she certainly deserved recent worst-dressed nod (http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/entertainment/DailyNews/blackwell020108.html) ;)
vt
np: depeche, "dressed in black"

Dark Annie
01-15-2002, 08:29 PM
:happy: I stole this off of the main page in case someone has not already read it. :sur: Most people probably read the news when they come to this site. Atleast I do, if it is of interest. Since it had to do with Natalie Portman and this thread is about her, I decided to post it. Enough said. May the Force Be With You...

EPISODE II: George Lucas Interview

Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen are in the middle of filming one of their most crucial scenes together in Star Wars: Episode II. It is a moment charged with emotion, crackling with drama, and certain to have a profound impact on the course of the Star Wars saga.

As the actors deliver their dialogue, crew members on the cavernous Stage 4 of the Fox Studios Australia lot stand silent, not only out of respect for the actors but also in an effort to hear their words, which are being spoken barely above a whisper. Besides, everyone -- from the actors speaking to the boom operator holding a microphone above them just out of camera view -- is here to do a job, and each person is focused entirely on getting their contribution to the process right.

But no one here on this August 2000 afternoon is focused as intensely, or on more things at once, than the director, George Lucas. Sitting in front of two enormous digital monitors that are relaying the images captured from two simultaneously-running digital cameras, surrounded by the three different sets that currently fill Stage 4, and flanked by producer Rick McCallum and other key members of his production team on all sides of him, Lucas must keep track of both of the camera angles and every detail within them, as well as digital details to be added later, without losing sight of the quality of the performances in this important, story-driven scene.

:crazed: P.S. Nat is "HOT!" :crazed:

Dark Annie
01-16-2002, 07:11 AM
:evil: No Offense to El Chuxter, but I think Tiffany is no where near as HOT as Nat. :eek: I like red-heads, but she aint so hot. Is she a Country singer or something? I hate country music anyway. I like classical music. Such as Mozart, Bach, Tchaikovsky, etc. I also like most of John Williams music. You should check it out. I should have posted this on the music thread. I have decided to attach a Picture of Nat in Ep2. May The Force Be with You...

El Chuxter
01-16-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Dark Annie
:evil: No Offense to El Chuxter, but I think Tiffany is no where near as HOT as Nat. :eek: I like red-heads, but she aint so hot. Is she a Country singer or something?

History lesson time. . . . :)

You see, way back in the late 1980s/early 1990s, the pop music world was dominated by prefabricated boy bands, talentless teenyboppers, and the occasional rapper or inferior metal band--much like today. A few of these names, like Vanilla Ice and Milli Vanilli, are remembered today due to their checkered past and VH1 specials. Most, however, have (rightly) faded into obscurity--when was the last time anyone heard from Paula Abdul or the Perfect Gentlemen?

Into this wasteland came a singer named Tiffany. She couldn't sing, she couldn't dance, she wore ridiculous costumes (and always a denim jacket over them), she didn't write her own lyrics, and she wasn't even particularly attractive. Yet she was wildly popular, especially among young girls. Kinda like Britney Spears, only twelve years earlier.

At the age of 15 or 16, she embarked on a tour of shopping malls. Yes, shopping malls. Why someone thought it was a profitable move to set up a stage outside Orange Julius and force shoppers to listen to her lousy renditions of the Beatles' "I Saw Her Standing There" and Tommy James' "I Think We're Alone Now" has baffled historians.

Many people believe that she now resides in a trailer park with her four kids, but unfortunately this isn't true. She actually still records:eek:, though the CDs are only released in Japan. (I found this out when staring aghast at the actual Tiffany website that prompted my parody). Luckily, in the USA, she's one of those 80s stars who doesn't seem poised to make a comeback.

And, oh yeah, Natalie's a cutie. :D

GNT
01-16-2002, 09:38 PM
You can have her after you pry her from my cold dead fingers.

That can be arranged! :) :happy:

Tycho
01-17-2002, 02:57 AM
I found that picture of Tiffany attractive.

I'm sorry for her that her career isn't what Britney Spears' is for all of the appeals to sex the later singer makes with her wardrobe and bad-girl image (while she claims she's the opposite).

The 80's were not a vacuum of talent though - look at Pat Benatar if you are interested in female vocals. Or Stevie Nicks. Madonna started then and is still good (though her changes, media stunts, and popularity can be annoying). Bonnie Tyler originally did "Total Eclipse of the Heart" I think, and Bananarama predated 'The Spice Girls' and had more talent. Samantha Fox rounded out what was really the Naughty Girl who could use sex without appealing to pedophelia.

However, I was into the hard rock or so-called heavy metal scene and still love that kind of music and newer appeals to it like modern bands I enjoy such as Linkin Park, Offspring, Papa Roach, Nickelback, Incubus, Tool, etc.

I think we're way off topic though. With regards to Natalie Portman, she is very attractive. The picture Dark Annie posted though is her second to worst Episode 2 costume (the worst being the Freighter Ship costume "Are you allowed to love?")

The best include her 1/2 top on Tatooine, her ripped Arena Fight outfit, the Black Leather "Vader's first Master" domimatrix outfit, and her peaches 'n cream backless dress from the Naboo balcony scene. I think I forgot a lot of them, too.

Anyway, these are also my top picks for Padme action figures and 12" dolls. Hope we see them instead of 10 Obi-Wans that all look exactly alike.

stillakid
01-17-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Tycho

Hope we see them instead of 10 Obi-Wans that all look exactly alike.

But I thought you liked cloning everybody in the saga? ;)

Dark Annie
01-17-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Tycho

I think we're way off topic though. With regards to Natalie Portman, she is very attractive. The picture Dark Annie posted though is her second to worst Episode 2 costume (the worst being the Freighter Ship costume "Are you allowed to love?")

The best include her 1/2 top on Tatooine, her ripped Arena Fight outfit, the Black Leather "Vader's first Master" domimatrix outfit, and her peaches 'n cream backless dress from the Naboo balcony scene. I think I forgot a lot of them, too.

Anyway, these are also my top picks for Padme action figures and 12" dolls. Hope we see them instead of 10 Obi-Wans that all look exactly alike. [/B]

Tycho, I agree completely with this. I have no idea what prompted me to post that picture of her. She looks like an old woman. I also agree with what you said were her best costumes. Could you post some of those pictures? Or tell me what website has those pictures? StarWars.com does not have very many pictures of her in good looking outfits. StarWars.com is also where I got the picture with her in, "Her second to worst Episode 2 costume." I will try to post better pictures of her. May The Force Be With You...

El Chuxter
01-17-2002, 12:26 PM
Hmmmm. . . . If I came across as anti-80s, that was not my intention at all. I just recall that almost everything I heard on the radio from about 1988 to about 1991 was Tiffany, Paula Abdul, New Kids on the Block, Rick Astley, etc. And when heavy metal hit the radio, was it good stuff like G'N'(F'n')R or Def Leppard? Occasionally, but more often it was Winger or Slayer or Warrant. But a lot--a whole lot--of talented performers came out of that time. I listen often to Stevie Ray Vaughan, Weird Al, U2, REM, Prince, Metallica, Bon Jovi, even to Tommy Tutone, Dexy's Midnight Runners, or Duran Duran all the time. I can't say I've ever been compelled to listen to Tiffany.

And I wouldn't go so far as to say that Tiffany was ugly, not by any means. Like Britney, she can't write or play her own music, her singing is mediocre at best, she can't really dance. . . . So what do both of them fall back on? Looks. While I think Britney's trashy, a lot of people find her attractive. But Tiffany, while fairly attractive, wasn't quite a sex-symbol beauty. I still can't figure out how she reached the level of fame that she did. (The same will be said about Britney twelve years from now.)

2-1B
01-17-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
While I think Britney's trashy, a lot of people find her attractive.

Here here ! :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

You don't really mean Slayer, do you? I'm thinking Slaughter . . .

El Chuxter
01-17-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
You don't really mean Slayer, do you? I'm thinking Slaughter . . .

Oops! I did mean Slaughter. :D

JEDIpartner
01-17-2002, 03:30 PM
I've been holding out on this thread for the longest time. I absolutely ADORE Natalie Portman!! I think she has a very promising career ahead of her. She is very natural on the screen. Nothing ever seems to come off as forced or contrived. She has always struck me as an old soul, I guess. Her beauty is very understated. She has never "put herself out there" and made herself look trashy in any way. I have a lot of respect for this young lady. She is clearly also very intelligent. She has taken a lot of risks and taken on some very interesting material considering her age. She is, thankfully, no Jennifer Love-Hewitt or anyone else in that group of late teen-type "actors". In all honesty, she and Pernilla August were my two favourite things about TPM!

Tycho
01-17-2002, 06:16 PM
Dark Annie, I don't think I have any of the REALLY good pics of Padme (Natalie) in Episode 2. But I'll post what I've got. My hard-drive had to be restored and I lost most of my stuff temporarily. My friend has the CD I backed it up on to use the trailers to do some photo grabs. When I get it back, I think I can take screen shots and get her other outfits.

I was going to anyway, to sort of make a digital image checklist for E2 figures I want them to make. Most would be of Padme.

As to JEDI PARTNR: I almost completely agree with you on TPM's best actors. I left the movie saying to a friend that Natalie and Pernilla were in the top 4.

Number 1 was Liam Neeson without a doubt. Qui-Gon was great!

Number 2 was Ian McDiarmid. Palpatine's sarcastic undertones were to die for!

Number 3 was probably Natalie Portman - the Queen and Padme were well distinguished separate roles for the same character. She did well with Anakin, and her scenes with Palpatine, the Senate, and Boss Nass were nicely done.

Number 4 (or 3) was Pernilla August - she was convincing as a mother. She also has me convinced that Shmi is hiding something. Something dark.

My other favorite characters from TPM were in this order:

5. Sebulba
6. Watto
7. Obi-Wan
8. Darth Maul

Other characters including Anakin, JarJar, Captains Tarpals and Panaka did alright for me, but were either 'about what I expected,' .... ' marginally tolerable in JarJar's case ' .... ' or replaceable by other surrogate 'hero' characters that could have been played by anyone, or representative of any species.

However, the ones I mentioned were the better ones. Yoda and Mace were ultimately forgettable in their performances. Just necessary to pre-establish what is to come.

Anyway, Dark Annie - here's one of my Padme pics:

bigbarada
01-17-2002, 06:23 PM
Hubba!

bigbarada
01-17-2002, 06:24 PM
Hubba, hubba!

bigbarada
01-17-2002, 06:26 PM
drooooool:crazed:

Tycho
01-17-2002, 06:29 PM
Yes, these are two of my favorites Barada.

Notice how the first one they try and dress Padme similar to her son? That shirt is very similar (although cut for a lady) as to Luke's E4 outfit.

And in Picture 2 (that Barada was kind enough to post), Padme's dress, though more colorful and revealing in the back, resembles Princess Leia's ceremony dress in the way it fits and the material used.

Meanwhile, there is a very obvious effort to dress Anakin closer and closer to Darth Vader.

This had to have been discussed in Trisha Bigger's staff meetings.

Dark Annie
01-17-2002, 07:57 PM
Here is a good Picture of Natalie. She is not in costume, but she looks more attractive in some of her normal pictures. I LOVE Nat !!!:crazed:

master jedi
01-17-2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by GNT
That can be arranged! :) :happy:

You all heard it. GNT is threatening to kill me.

:)

Dark Annie
01-17-2002, 08:28 PM
Here is another Natalie Portman Picture. I Like Nat a whole Lot !!!
She is Hot !!! May The Force Be With You...

Dark Annie
01-17-2002, 08:34 PM
I think this is a very good picture. Natalie looks beautiful. May the Force Be With You... :)

Tycho
01-17-2002, 09:01 PM
OK, I'll bite. But this could very easily get taken too far....

Dark Annie - the 2nd picture of Natalie does look beautiful. I liked that one a lot. Thanks for sharing.

I always liked the picture of her on that one video cover for one of the movies she did just before or after TPM. I never saw it personally, but I liked her in blue jeans! There were a couple of other publicity shots for that movie (I think it was the same one), that looked pretty good.

Meanwhile, whoever said she hasn't cheapened herself and sold her image to sex was right. It does make her different and very likeable as a person who values an image different from Britney Spears or Christina Aguillera. I find nothing wrong with that image either, but after a while, all of their type begins to look alike and they look silly trying to outdo themselves - like Christina going almost naked to the (Grammy's? MTV video awards? - not sure what it was. But I looked and laughed. She's seemed so "one-night" and Natalie seems the kind to keep. Doesn't figure - it's all images, smoke and mirrors anyway - but Natalie does it in a different way and that has appeal.

GNT
01-18-2002, 02:17 AM
You all heard it. GNT is threatening to kill me. :)

:p Well you are far from where I am so I'll get to you after I buy my airline ticket :)

tee1982
01-18-2002, 09:37 AM
there should be some cool picsof her on
www.theforce.net
or www.starwars.com
they have some cool stuff!
see ya
:)

Jayspawn
01-18-2002, 08:02 PM
Well better late to this thread than never.

I love Natalie. She's a very talented actress. Beautiful is too small of a word to describe her.

master jedi
01-18-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by GNT

:p Well you are far from where I am so I'll get to you after I buy my airline ticket :)

You'll never find me......or my woman.

GNT
01-18-2002, 11:26 PM
You'll never find me......or my woman.

I'll find you...I always get what I want and Padme is one of them :P :) ;)

vulcantouch
01-19-2002, 12:14 PM
. . . them '80s robert palmer video babes (http://cybervox.org/j/oldsite/music/palmer/p/rp2.jpg)? shame on me :happy:

The 'Xir
01-21-2002, 11:16 PM
I don't think that Natalie's the most Gorgeous woman out in hollywood today, Ashley Judd's more my style, but let's just say that after seeing the professional and her dancing and singing to "Like a Virgin", It's the only time I thought that maybe the sex laws need to be changed!!!!!!! JK!!! :sur:

bigbarada
01-21-2002, 11:28 PM
After watching LOTR for the third time I would have to say Cate Blanchett is one of the most beautiful women in movies today.

master jedi
01-22-2002, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by GNT

I'll find you...I always get what I want and Padme is one of them :P :) ;)

Yeah.....in your own little fantasy world in your mind.