PDA

View Full Version : MAster replica confused????

darthjabba
06-15-2005, 11:09 PM
Today I read about the new Master Replica exclusive membership offer,
after you join you get a pretty nice membership kit,uuukuum Mr Lucas,,,,,,,
but the confusion i have is that with the member ship theyre selling a exclusive samer handle "Luke Skywalker" ANH theyre selling only a thousand of these models, but i own one of the first editions they made something like 2,500 of my saber that i have. i was under the impression that it was the "Luke Skywalker" ANH edition I guess i was wrong..sadly wrong, :(

nash
06-18-2005, 05:18 AM
I beleive this is the Luke ANH Elite Edition that they are offering through membership. Yes ther are 1000 only and I also beleive this Elite Edition is going to be made of Stainless Steel. Not die cast like the others? The Luke ROTJ also has a normal edition and Elite Edition. This is not the first.

Jayspawn
06-18-2005, 09:29 AM
You're not missing anything darthjabba, the Luke ANH Elite Edition that will be offered with the Membership is the supposedly 'more authentic' version. But worry not because its basically the same version as the Limited Edition you (and I) have. Just an excuse for MR to retool the same product, sell it for twice the price and make more money with a new 'Elite' name.

You're not missing much.

nash
06-18-2005, 06:31 PM
are you going to pick on of the elite editions up Jayspawn?

DXiRoNMaN
06-18-2005, 06:37 PM
so the elite sabers are a rip? i've been wanting a full size replica and the Luke EE was going to be my first. the $500 is pretty steep but it should have great resale value like the ROTJ Elite

nash
06-18-2005, 06:39 PM
so the elite sabers are a rip? i've been wanting a full size replica and the Luke EE was going to be my first. the $500 is pretty steep but it should have great resale value like the ROTJ Elite

Same here. I was deciding on getting either Anakin ROTS LE or this Luke EE as my first full size. And since the luke has the title of EE and is a small production limit I was going to pick it up. I still like the sleekness of the Anakin ROTS much more though.

What do u think?

DXiRoNMaN
06-18-2005, 06:51 PM
if the ROTJ EE Luke is any indication, you could sell the ANH Elite in a year or so and probably buy 3 LE sabers. thats what i'm thinking anyway. i'll probably buy it knowing it will shoot up in value but end up never selling it. im all about the collecting, love having rare stuff and that EE Luke would definately be the centerpiece of my collection

Jayspawn
06-18-2005, 10:19 PM
The Elite Editions are very nice Lightsabers. But I already have the Luke ESB LE -no point in spending another $500 to buy the same saber I already have.

I passed on the ROTJ Luke Elite because I already have the regular saber. Again no point in getting it twice. Now maybe if they did one of Obi-Wan's from AOTC or TPM as an Elite Edition (because I missed the regular version) then I might get one.

nash
06-19-2005, 09:25 AM
I see your point Jay. I guess if I wanted to get a Luke ANH LE I could probably get this Luke EE for a better price since it is just being released?

Man i really hope they do something else with the Obi-Wan AOTC full size coz I want one more than anything. Im sure my CS coupon for a LE will go towards an Anakin ROTS LE after getting my Luke EE. geez i dont even have a full size yet and im ADDICTED! AHHHHHHHHHHH:greedy:

Stalecracker
06-19-2005, 01:36 PM
Speaking of coupons... HAs anyones CS membership been charged to their account yet? I thought the rep on the boards said it would be this past week that we would be charged. Anyone?

Sith Lord 0498
06-19-2005, 06:10 PM
I see your point Jay. I guess if I wanted to get a Luke ANH LE I could probably get this Luke EE for a better price since it is just being released?

Man i really hope they do something else with the Obi-Wan AOTC full size coz I want one more than anything. Im sure my CS coupon for a LE will go towards an Anakin ROTS LE after getting my Luke EE. geez i dont even have a full size yet and im ADDICTED! AHHHHHHHHHHH:greedy:

If I remember correctly, the Elite Editions are $200+ more than the regular editions. Maybe even more.

DXiRoNMaN
06-19-2005, 08:46 PM
i've heard like $525 with shipping.
i would love the CS Maul saber to ship out this week. have they given a time frame for it?

nash
06-20-2005, 12:29 AM
Speaking of coupons... HAs anyones CS membership been charged to their account yet? I thought the rep on the boards said it would be this past week that we would be charged. Anyone?

I just called my credit card company and mine has not been charged yet either. What gives? Are they going to get this to us in time to qualify to buy the Luke EE or what?

Does anyone know how this will all play out? Will they give us our CS membership number by email or do we have to wait for the "kits" to be sent to us? If we have to wait for the kits then we will not be able to buy the Luke EE in time right?

DXiRoNMaN
06-20-2005, 08:49 AM
i believe they said 7-10 days to activate membership. dunno if that means just the website or they'll ship the kits in 7-10 days but we should be able to order the EE Luke

nash
06-20-2005, 10:40 AM
ok Good coz the LE goes on sale in 8 days. its been 5 days since i got the email. wow its going to be close. hehe

nash
06-22-2005, 03:19 AM
The sales rep told me that the kits should ship out in a week. I called yesterday.

eFXAmy
06-22-2005, 06:48 PM
Hello Everyone!

We expect that the new CS memberships will be processed and charged by the end of the week. We apologize for the delay, we ran into some unexpected technical difficulties.

I just called my credit card company and mine has not been charged yet either. What gives? Are they going to get this to us in time to qualify to buy the Luke EE or what?

Does anyone know how this will all play out? Will they give us our CS membership number by email or do we have to wait for the "kits" to be sent to us? If we have to wait for the kits then we will not be able to buy the Luke EE in time right?

DXiRoNMaN
06-22-2005, 09:32 PM
how long does shipping from MR usually take? i've never bought from their site before

Jayspawn
06-23-2005, 10:26 AM
MR ships everything FedEx, so it doesnt take long at all to arrive.

nash
06-24-2005, 09:41 AM
4 more days until Luke EE :D

skoota
06-25-2005, 08:09 PM
does anyone know if i purchase the collector's society membership tonight (sat.june 25th), i'll be able to gain membership in time to be able to purchase the luke skywalker anh elite edition?

DXiRoNMaN
06-25-2005, 08:39 PM
probably not, takes them like a week to activate your account

Jayspawn
06-26-2005, 09:19 AM
But hey, you could always give it a shot. If you're gonna join anyways -go for it!