PDA

View Full Version : Ok, So what's the best place to get...

slothfurnace
06-16-2005, 08:23 AM
What's thet best place to get mini Lightsabers that are no longer available on Master Replica's website? My birthday is coming up, and my wife is asking me for something she can tell my family to get me. I don't want them going through the hassle of eBay, so what's an alternative?

Anyone have good experience with some of the online stores such as BigTimeComics, etc?

Suggestions would be great. By the way, my wonderful wife got me the membership to Master Replicas Collector society, I can't wait for my undamaged Darth Maul mini!

Happy Collecting, Folks!
Slothfurnace

DXiRoNMaN
06-16-2005, 08:25 AM
retail stores? Best Buy of course and i found the Obi/Anakin gold sabers at Books A Million the other day

slothfurnace
06-16-2005, 08:28 AM
But does Best Buy have anything other than the Anakin, Sidious, and Obi Wan?

I got those already. I am looking for ones like the EpII ObiWan, the EpIV Weathered Obiwan, upcoming Yoda and such.

DXiRoNMaN
06-16-2005, 08:57 AM
i think just those 3 right now. they'll have the Yoda i'm sure but the older ones you'll probably have to get online

Jayspawn
06-16-2005, 09:21 AM
Best Buy should be getting all future releases of the minis (Yoda, Sidious, Tyranus, etc). They seem to be 'thee' place to go in somewhere and get them.

BigTimeComics still has most of the older minis in stock.

nash
06-16-2005, 09:34 AM
For the older mini's and/or exclusives such as the obi-wan weathered, you'd be better off searching around the net yourself as the few sites that have those in stock fluctuate frequently. This is because when they do have them in stock its only a handful and they can sell pretty quick. So you really never know which site or when they will have them. Just do your homework and you cant go wrong. I'd trust a secure website over Ebay anyday, if thats your concern.

slothfurnace
06-18-2005, 11:29 AM
Well, I am pretty excited, I just won an auction for a Obi wan Gold Collectors society exclusive! This one seems to be much more detailed than the Obi wan you can get at say Best Buy. The BB one doesn't have the D ring at the base, the fins at the spindle near the emitter base, and the 2 piece emitter., also it has some different buttons and a more detailed switch box. I can't wait for it to get here, the next one I am going to look for is the weathered Obi wan mini. Too bad I can't afford a full size weathered obi wan. Those things are getting TOO expensive, but MAN they look sweet.

nash
06-20-2005, 09:17 PM
I seem to prefer the As First Built By version over the Weathered one. I just like how the black and chrome go together.

But yea the weathered is definitly sweet also, very unique.

Jayspawn
06-30-2005, 11:09 AM
Thought I'd throw this quick plug out there. I ordered (and recieved) my Darth Sidious LE Replica from www.ThirdZone.com Great website, sells replicas, statues, busts and other various collectibles from all sorts of places. Anyway, the shipping was fast and they gave it to me free!