PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos and other Star Wars items you collect

inkedforlife
06-16-2005, 10:24 AM
I just wanted to open discussion as a change of pace,for all the other items out there that folks may collect. I myself love to collect body ink (tattoos as you can see by the nickname) as my next favorite besides the figures. I also collect a lot of paintings from various artists such as those that were at the C3 last month.
Anyone that reads this please let me know what you like to collect besides figures. I figure all this talk of not finding figures as fast as we would like needs to be mellowed out by something else for a while.

CaptainSolo1138
06-16-2005, 12:57 PM
I like "odd" stuff. I love my Darth Tater more than any Star Wars action figure I own. And my Yoda mug from 7-11. Weird stuff like that makes collecting fun.

BTW, welcome to the boards. Also, it's nice to see someone else from "The Murder Mitten" on here. I'm only an hour and a half north on 127 from you in Mt. Pleasant.

JetsAndHeels
06-16-2005, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I have a couple of tats...one SW tat and a superman tat. They do get addictive...when you leave the parlor you want another one.

As far as the other things I collect, I guess one would be the card sets. I have about 5 or 6 SW card sets, a few of the Superman/Smallville sets and my sports card collection. All of them are fun and rewarding to collect.

I also have some art....nothing Star Wars, but some drawings from my favorite Superman artists and things like that.

I also treasure my autographed photos of SW actors. My most favorite is my pic of Boba Fett from ESB auto'd by Bulloch where he personalized it to me with the following: "Steven, stay on the dark side!! Jeremy Bulloch."

I also like the star wars t-shirts. These aren't ultra rare or anything, but whenever I wear one out somewhere I get comments and things from other fans. It's always a good way to mingle and talk with other people who enjoy SW.

bobafrett
06-16-2005, 11:03 PM
I have two tat's, one Stormtrooper, the other the Imperial insignia with my 501st Stormtrooper ID# under it in aurabush (sp?). I like to collect cool signs, posters, promotional stuff. My biggest "odd" collectible is the Taco Bell banner from the Special Editions that was never hung up. I ate at the bell so much trying to win the prizes, that the manager told me I could have the banner, he also gave me a brand new shirt that the employees wear. I also collect Cubs stuff, being from the Chicagoland area.

darko666
06-17-2005, 02:15 PM
i have the imperial and rebel symbols tattooed on my wrists. they are combined with my sleaves that i have. but i plan on getting a "Sith" leg piece in the future.

InsaneJediGirl
06-23-2005, 09:50 PM
About the only weird thing I collect and neat little promotional stuff,mainly just the vinyl pieces,window clings and cardboard headers.I also like collecting the comics and books,but thats far for being complete.

I'd like to get a Star Wars tattoo.Either the Jedi shield I have seen in pin form,or perhaps the Star Wars logo itself with a lightsaber underneath.Still trying to decide between the two.

Turbowars
06-23-2005, 09:57 PM
No SW tats yet. That comment about " when you leave the parlor you want another one" was not true for me. Mine hurt like a Mother F er! I was going to go with Jabba's tat. It's something a non fan would think was cool and not know it's SW. I don't really want to advertise. I'm not one to go to the parlor and pick a tat from the books on the counter. The one that I have was designed by me. It's not fancy, but I put some thought into it.

Other items I collect are T-shirts, some card sets, posters that I don't have the wall space for, concept art and busts.

JetsAndHeels
06-23-2005, 10:14 PM
That comment about " when you leave the parlor you want another one" was not true for me. Mine hurt like a Mother F er!

Mine hurt too!! I was just saying I remember leaving and thinking to myself, "Gee self...I should do this again sometime in the future." :D

Turbowars
06-23-2005, 10:36 PM
Mine hurt too!! I was just saying I remember leaving and thinking to myself, "Gee self...I should do this again sometime in the future." :DYeah I know what you mean. I sometimes want another, but I can't decide what I want next. It has to really mean something to me.

nash
06-24-2005, 09:28 AM
as much as I love SW i dont think i could live with myself having a SW tattoo....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-25-2005, 09:15 PM
I'd like to someday get a SW tattoo, I think. Either Boba's mandalorian symbol on my left arm or Jabba's tattoo on my right arm, or maybe something like the Rebel or Imperial symbol. I don't know if I'll get one though.

For "weird" things, I like to collect food packaged with SW on them. I have 30-something Skittles bags and 30-something M&M's bags, with a while to go. I have a ton of cereal boxes that I refuse to break down since, y'know, I might need to display them someday. :D

bobafrett
06-26-2005, 09:49 PM
as much as I love SW i dont think i could live with myself having a SW tattoo....

Okay, send me a couple hundred, and I'll have a really nice SW tat added to the two I already have had done, and I'll send you some pictures.

bobafrett
07-17-2005, 08:57 PM
A couple of pictures of a non Star Wars tattoo I had done on July 15th, 2005.

It's a tribute tat to my mother. My brother designed it, and got the same one for himself. It has my moms initials in the design "VLB" and 45 for 1945 her birth year, and 05 for 2005, her last year on Earth.

JetsAndHeels
07-17-2005, 09:05 PM
Very nice tat there Frett. That design is very creative. Good work by your brother!!
Is it true that those wrap around designs (around the arm) hurt more? I know some folks who have them and they said that they hurt worse.

And if we are showing our Non-SW tats here is my superman one.

bobafrett
07-17-2005, 09:09 PM
There was a tender spot on the back of my arm, and it hurt a little more, but then I also had a spot where the tattoo artist hit, also on the back of my arm, and it tickeled. Go figure.