PDA

View Full Version : Princess Leia is real

Rocketboy
06-16-2005, 03:37 PM
Yahoo! (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/oukoe_life_princess;_ylt=Anbe2IBfBmaXw_Ep37yqaOus0 NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA2bm5xNHVjBHNlYwNtcA--) reports:

OSLO (Reuters) - Norwegian Princess Leah's name was inspired by a character in a "Star Wars" movie, the mother of the infant princess was quoted as saying on Thursday.

"I must admit that I have always been a big 'Star Wars' fan, and Princess Leia has always been the most beautiful in the whole world," Princess Martha Louise said in an interview with the Norwegian daily Aftenposten.

Princess Leah, born on April 8 this year and fifth in line to the Norwegian throne, was due to be baptised on Thursday. In the "Star Wars" movies, Princess Leia is the twin sister of Luke Skywalker and the daughter of Darth Vader.

Princess Martha Louise did not explain the slight difference in spelling of the two names, both pronounced the same way.

Ji'dai
06-16-2005, 04:37 PM
"Maybe you'd like it back in your playpen, your Highness."

I wonder what'd it be like with a Star Wars fan for a parent. I read about one mom who liked to quote Darth Vader when she punished her children. "I'm altering the deal, pray I don't alter it any further."

I've always liked the name Leia too. So, any parents here name their kids after Star Wars characters?

"Bossk! Zuckuss! Dinner!" **geez, where are those boys?**

megaprime33
06-16-2005, 05:29 PM
It's funny, my fiancee and I were discussing baby names for when in the future we have kids, and I mentioned Anakin and she liked it!

Slicker
06-16-2005, 06:29 PM
I'm glad my parents weren't SW fans. I probably would've been named Dengar or some other stupid name like that.:p

On a serious note that is one of the sweetest names ever.

LTBasker
06-16-2005, 08:20 PM
I wonder what'd it be like with a Star Wars fan for a parent.

It's quite nice, whenever my mom says something about the amount of figures I've gotten, I remind her who it was that sat me down at age 3-4 and had me watch Star Wars. :p

It's also her fault I'm a fan of Batman, Superman and Star Trek. :D

InsaneJediGirl
06-16-2005, 10:03 PM
Must be cool to have Star Wars fan parents.Nice name,good play on the spelling so she wont be totally teased for being named after a SW character ;)

If I ever had kids,one of them would have at least a Star Wars-y middle name or something similar.Turn them into little geeks :D

Kidhuman
06-16-2005, 10:21 PM
Now if only the mom changed her name to Padme, that would be cool

2-1B
06-17-2005, 01:12 AM
I hope they have a son and name him 2-1B.

I once told a few strippers that my name was Anakin. They loved it !

CaptainSolo1138
06-17-2005, 09:51 AM
It's funny, my fiancee and I were discussing baby names for when in the future we have kids, and I mentioned Anakin and she liked it!
I'm in the same boat, except for the all important last three words of you're post. My wife told me I can get a fish and name it that. But she thinks it's perfectly acceptable to name a kid Hermione.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug. :D

JimJamBonds
06-17-2005, 10:32 AM
I hope they have a son and name him 2-1B.

I once told a few strippers that my name was Anakin. They loved it !

Sure the old "my mom was taken and beaten by Tusken Raiders" bit so the strippers will then like me.... seen it a thousand times!!! This strippers name wasn't Alice by chance was it? lol http://www.natalieempire.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=1222

CaptainSolo1138
06-17-2005, 11:01 AM
Sure the old "my mom was taken and beaten by Tusken Raiders" bit so the strippers will then like me.... seen it a thousand times!!!
LMAO!!! That's great!

JimJamBonds
06-20-2005, 11:49 PM
After doing some exhaustive research and digging I have found a still from a security camera of Caesar in the 'champagne room' at an 'establishment for gentlemen' and I believe he just told the young lass his name is 'Anakin.' :p I say that due to the curious look on her face! :D

http://www.natalieempire.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=1207

Rocketboy
06-21-2005, 02:48 PM
http://www.natalieempire.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=1207GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!