PDA

View Full Version : I Noticed something.........

DarkArtist
06-16-2005, 05:25 PM
This whole week I have been watching the Trilogy as well as the prequels, yes even ROTS (have a bootleg DVD), and something dawned on me the other day. Lucas spent all the time changing the voice of Boba Fett in Empire to sound like jango's did the new emperor scene for ESB as well as touched up the death of vader sequence and the victory celebration sans Hayden Ghost and Naboo scene, but did not touch the voices of the stormtroopers to sound like jango as well. Since the clones are the basis for the troopers of the galactic empire why not change the voices of every stormtrooper to sound like jango thus tying the saga together even more.

Also does anyone know what happenned to the rummored padme appearence in Jedi. I remember reading somewhere that see was going to appear in flash backs or something but I guess that was cut due to the fact the lucas kills her off in ROTS.

Ji'dai
06-16-2005, 05:57 PM
According to the revisionists over at Lucasfilm, not all the Stormtroopers in the OT are Jango clones. It was mentioned in the Insider and this thread:

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=28531

Slicker
06-16-2005, 07:30 PM
Yeah, by the time the OT comes around you have conscription and then you have high ranking dignitaries that were cloned to create new Stormtroopers.

Rocketboy
06-16-2005, 10:37 PM
Also does anyone know what happenned to the rummored padme appearence in Jedi. I remember reading somewhere that see was going to appear in flash backs or something but I guess that was cut due to the fact the lucas kills her off in ROTS.And that is all it was - fanboy rumor nonsense.

2-1B
06-17-2005, 02:05 AM
I was hoping that they would overdub every Trooper in the OT but as it is now we have different sources for the troops.

I think maybe they wanted Boba to "stick out" as being the last of that line of clones 20+ years later ? :confused:

rbaumhauer
06-17-2005, 09:28 AM
Personally, I hate that they re-dubbed Fett in the OT, and would have been even more irritated if they'd redubbed the troopers, so three cheers for rare moment of restraint from George.

This gets to another PT issue for me - the accents. Not only do most of the major aliens speak accented English instead of their "native" language - thus bringing in the "Japanese" Neimoidians, etc - but just because the PT was filmed in Australia, we suddenly have people running around with Australian/New Zealand/Polynesian accents which were totally absent from the OT.

This all starts to make the SWU feel too much like Earth. In the OT, all we really had were English accents for most of the Imperials, which helped give them an "officious" feel without too much effort. If they were going to cast all those "local" actors in the PT, I really wish they'd asked them to use either an American or English accent for continuity's sake. Of course, Revisionist George thought it would be better to change the OT instead :rolleyes: . How typical :)

It's not that I don't like those regional accents - in "real life", I like them - but they really grate on me in the SWU, they're too much of a distraction that pulls me out of a place "far, far away". Well, farther away than the southwest Pacific, which is still pretty far away :)

JediTricks
06-17-2005, 09:10 PM
just because the PT was filmed in Australia, we suddenly have people running around with Australian/New Zealand/Polynesian accents which were totally absent from the OT.Oh yeah, that one has really bothered me with Eps 2 and 3, it required too much effort to get past which took me that much more out of the movie.

This all starts to make the SWU feel too much like Earth. In the OT, all we really had were English accents for most of the Imperials, which helped give them an "officious" feel without too much effort.

It's not that I don't like those regional accents - in "real life", I like them - but they really grate on me in the SWU, they're too much of a distraction that pulls me out of a place "far, far away".Absolutely, that's how I feel as well.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-18-2005, 10:37 AM
I completed my task at seeing all 6 movies back-to-back yesterday, and I caught a potential "huh?" moment.

Scene: Tatooine, Mos Eisley spaceport, SW E4:ANH.
Inside the cantina, after Wuher tells Luke his droids are not welcome in the bar, Luke tells his newly-acquired droids that he doesn't want any trouble, and that the droids should wait outside. Then, we see Imperial stormtroopers, who are looking for droids by they way, outside asking questions.

Basically, these two droids, who are carrying vital information for the Rebellion, and therefore the entire freedom-loving galaxy, are LEFT ALONE, with no protectors. Ben and Luke could find a pilot who'll work for free, and they potentially could have no Death Star plans to bring along! Talk about causing trouble...

Ben: "Chewbacka (his pronunciation) here is first mate on a ship that might suit our needs."
Luke: "Yeah, taking the droids to Alderaan..."
Ben: "And where are the droids?"
Luke (proudly): "I sent them outside 'cause I was told they didn't serve their kind in here!"
Ben: "What? What did you say?"
Luke (timidly): "I just left them outside, Ben. Did I do bad?"
Ben (reaching for his saber): "Errr!!"
Evazan: "Come now. This little one's not worth the effort. Let me get you something."

Stupid, stupid, stupid! Idiot! :ermm:

Imperial Monarche
06-19-2005, 04:14 PM
You have to remember that by the time the OT rolls around, the clone troopers would be well into their 60's or so because of their enhanced speed in aging. They aged roughly double the rate of a regular person which would make the batch that was being grown in the tubes when Obi-Wan was on Kamino, and probably the last batch made, would be almost 10 in ROTS. Fastforward 20 years (40 years in clone troop time) and they would be about 50...those that lived that is. The first batch of clones fighting in Geonosis would be like 20 then, almost 30 in ROTS and 70 something by ANH. Now, if we are to assume that the cloning was halted by ROTS when the Emperor no longer needed clones, that would make that batch at least 40 something which is still quite old for foot soldiers. If anything, the stormtrooper officers would be the last of the clones and the only that would need to have the Fett voice, but if we never hear one speak, no reason to change the voices. Boba Fett, however, was not a age enhanced clone and so he grew normally and would be around 33.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-23-2005, 08:40 PM
I completed my task at seeing all 6 movies back-to-back yesterday, and I caught a potential "huh?" moment.

Scene: Tatooine, Mos Eisley spaceport, SW E4:ANH.
Inside the cantina, after Wuher tells Luke his droids are not welcome in the bar, Luke tells his newly-acquired droids that he doesn't want any trouble, and that the droids should wait outside. Then, we see Imperial stormtroopers, who are looking for droids by they way, outside asking questions.

Basically, these two droids, who are carrying vital information for the Rebellion, and therefore the entire freedom-loving galaxy, are LEFT ALONE, with no protectors. Ben and Luke could find a pilot who'll work for free, and they potentially could have no Death Star plans to bring along! Talk about causing trouble...

Ben: "Chewbacka (his pronunciation) here is first mate on a ship that might suit our needs."
Luke: "Yeah, taking the droids to Alderaan..."
Ben: "And where are the droids?"
Luke (proudly): "I sent them outside 'cause I was told they didn't serve their kind in here!"
Ben: "What? What did you say?"
Luke (timidly): "I just left them outside, Ben. Did I do bad?"
Ben (reaching for his saber): "Errr!!"
Evazan: "Come now. This little one's not worth the effort. Let me get you something."

Stupid, stupid, stupid! Idiot! :ermm:
Well, they didn't really have anything to worry about with the incompetence of the Stormtroopers:

TROOPER: All right, check this side of the street. (One of the troopers checks a tightly locked door.) The door's locked? Move on to the next one.

So apparently all it takes to stop a stormtrooper is a locked door.

JediTricks
06-23-2005, 10:05 PM
The droids have already gotten past the sandtrooper sentries and were passed through, plus they seemed to be smart enough to stay out of the Empire's hands both before this and afterwards when they were actually on the Death Star, they're just generic droids after all. It's not the strongest argument, but it is based on what we see in the film.

The trooper moving on, I suppose they figure a droid couldn't (and perhaps even wouldn't since it was contraindicated by their programming) get into a locked door or something. Perhaps they're not trying to stir things up by breaking down locked doors though. This too is a little thin.