PDA

View Full Version : Why are Rystall and Greeata even in this one?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-16-2005, 05:32 PM
It's a minor nitpick, but it still bugs me. ROTS takes place 24 years before ROTJ, so why do Rystall and Greeata appear in the opera house, the same ages they are in ROTJ? I didn't actually notice them in the movie, but in the visual dictionary, it's them, with the same names and everything. Are they in their 40's in ROTJ, but looking as good as ever, or what? If they really wanted people to look like them, they just should have had members of their species but not the same characters.

Ji'dai
06-16-2005, 05:50 PM
Maybe they had the masks/costumes laying around so they put them on extras for the scene. DK may have added the names thinking they were same people when they published the book.

I think the actress who played Oola, Fermi Taylor(?), reprised her role for the ROTJ special edition. She looked just as good as ever after all these years. Good thing Lucas didn't need Carrie Fisher to fit back into that slave outfit :D

stillakid
06-16-2005, 06:14 PM
Because action figures are around $6 bucks a piece and the two of them = $12 more for Lucasfilm. :greedy:

El Chuxter
06-16-2005, 07:13 PM
Why were Jabba, Greedo, and Bib Fortuna in TPM?

Why was R5-D4 in AOTC?

Seriously, it's the huge coinkindink factor that Lucas seems to enjoy. It's ridiculous if you try to look at it realistically, but not too serious when just enjoying the movie.

Rystall makes a lot more sense than Greeata, since her EU origin said she was a slave to a Black Sun Vigo on Coruscant and rescued from slavery by Lando Calrissian. (Because everybody in Jabba's Palace knew Lando previously in the EU, which makes no sense whatsoever given that he was there in a very minimal disguise!) We don't know how her species ages, so no huge big deal.

Rodians apparently mature quickly and age slowly once they mature. Wald was supposed to be only 4 in TPM, and Greedo was older. However, Greedo was still barely out of adolescence in ANH. So Greeata still being a babe in ROTJ, to really disgusting-looking tapir/lizard aliens at least, isn't too farfetched.

The coinkidink, however, is. Try to make too much sense of the cameos in the PT and your head will explode.

Kidhuman
06-16-2005, 10:35 PM
I ask Why not?

2-1B
06-17-2005, 02:04 AM
A better question would be why are they even in ROTJ ? lol

Jek Porky 2002
06-17-2005, 05:13 AM
I did spot Rystal in the Opera scene, I think she was in the same shot as George Lucas. I'm not sure about Greeta.

Did anybody see Lyn Me anywhere?

rbaumhauer
06-17-2005, 09:06 AM
A better question would be why are they even in ROTJ ? lol

Now there's something I think just about all of us can agree on :)

El Chuxter
06-17-2005, 01:04 PM

No, but I don't believe she's in ROTS.

JimJamBonds
06-17-2005, 01:10 PM
I did spot Rystal in the Opera scene, I think she was in the same shot as George Lucas. I'm not sure about Greeta.

There isn't anything on S dubs.com saying Lyn Me is in ROTS.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-17-2005, 04:56 PM
Why were Jabba, Greedo, and Bib Fortuna in TPM?

Why was R5-D4 in AOTC?
Those cameos don't bug me as much, since they all look (at least a little bit) younger. And Greedo was cut from TPM, so that one doesn't count anyway.

I just figured that, y'know, Rystall would look at least a few years younger than she did in ROTJ, but no dice.

BoShek
06-19-2005, 03:31 PM
Bib Fortuna was nice to see but bugged me a little because in the EU he wasn't serving Jabba for about 30 years as he would be from TPM to ROTJ.

darko666
06-19-2005, 07:50 PM
just be glad they cut out the young Han Solo part from the movie. even though it was never filmed, it was written in an early script. the scene had Yoda and Han doing some mischief on Kashhyk. i'm glad to see it is not in the final print.