PDA

View Full Version : The Funeral Procession!

The 'Xir
06-17-2005, 11:10 AM
Haven't been onsite in awhile, so excuse me if this has been discussed already!

OK, just went and saw RotS for the fifth time, and I noticed someting during the funeral procession that I hadn't before and if true, I thought it was a nice touch!

Q: When they show Padme in the coffin, and the camera pans down her body towards the Japor snippet, does Padme still look pregnant? Is this just me, or has anyone else noticed this? I haven't read the whole book so I don't know if it's mentioned in there, but if true this does show a little thought behind hidding the twins!

If the Jedi, the Organas,the Amidalas, or who ever else had control over Padme's burial arrangements, puposely made it look like she was still pregnant for her funeral; this would solidify for the public and whoever else would want or need to know that not only did She die but her "baby" died with her!!! :eek:

Now maybe everyone else got this already or it's widely accepted, and I'm just slow and new to the idea, but like I said, it was just something I noticed upon further veiwing! :classic:

Thoughts?

Captain Spoon
06-17-2005, 11:13 AM
Yes she does. I think this was on purpose. If Yoda, Obi, and Bail wanted to hide the kids what better way then to make it look like they were never born!

Kidhuman
06-17-2005, 11:18 AM
SHe appears still pregnant, so everyone think she died prior to giving birth. It was done on purpose so people would not know the kid(s) were in hiding.

JimJamBonds
06-17-2005, 11:58 AM
I didn't notice it either until somebody on the board here mentioned it. Great idea by Bail and the boys and a nice touch by Lucas to explain why nobody wondered where the kid went.

Ji'dai
06-17-2005, 04:33 PM
I haven't read the novel, but I was glancing through the comic adaptation and Yoda says Padme must still appear pregnant at her funeral. It looks that way in the film too but maybe the discussion of Padme's funeral arrangements were cut.

2-1B
06-18-2005, 12:37 AM
I noticed it too and Vader's line to Emps in ESB makes sense "how is that possible?" because to Palps, Vader thinks the kid is dead but Vader already knows the kid is alive but can still play dumb with his Master. :)

Darth Spectre
06-19-2005, 01:54 AM
The book does mention it as well. Though the book also has an entirely different dialogue exchange between Obi & Yoda regarding the twins fate, as Obi first suggests Yoda take Leia, he take Luke and they both get trained from early age as Jedi were supposed to. And in the book, it is Obi-Wan who suggests taking Luke to Tatooine to live with the Lars.

BoShek
06-19-2005, 02:27 PM
I wish Ric Olie and Capt. Panaka were at the funeral. But it was excellent to see Padme's relatives, Boss Nass and Sio Bibble!

Sith Lord 0498
06-19-2005, 05:08 PM
I wish Ric Olie and Capt. Panaka were at the funeral. But it was excellent to see Padme's relatives, Boss Nass and Sio Bibble!

Would've been even better if Lucas hadn't axed Padme's family from Episode II. I doubt most people would realize they were her relatives. Maybe audiences could deduce that fact since it is a funeral, but the emotional impact is lessened because we never saw Padme interact with them.

JimJamBonds
06-19-2005, 11:55 PM
Would've been even better if Lucas hadn't axed Padme's family from Episode II. I doubt most people would realize they were her relatives. Maybe audiences could deduce that fact since it is a funeral, but the emotional impact is lessened because we never saw Padme interact with them.

Good call Sith Lord, I really wish some of that could have been in the final cut of AOTC.

2-1B
06-20-2005, 12:13 AM
Agreed with the thing about Nat's fam, well at least they are in MY final cut of AOTC ('cause I play that scene enough). :)

Jim Jam gave Boss Nass the \m/ devil horns \m/ when he was onscreen, I found it appropriate. lol

JimJamBonds
06-20-2005, 12:22 AM
Agreed with the thing about Nat's fam, well at least they are in MY final cut of AOTC ('cause I play that scene enough). :)

Jim Jam gave Boss Nass the \m/ devil horns \m/ when he was onscreen, I found it appropriate. lol

Negative there Caesar the horns were for Jar Jar.

2-1B
06-20-2005, 12:43 AM
Well, then next time somebody better give Boss Nass his metal due. :mad:

JimJamBonds
06-20-2005, 12:48 AM
I always think of Boss Nass when reading the scroll for ROTS... WAR! I guess Brian Blessed was wrong about having the last line in TPM (PEACE!) and the first line of AOTC (WAR!). :p