PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to....

Bren2d2
06-17-2005, 03:26 PM
This may sound kind of dumb but what ever happened to Topps' Star Wars Galaxy Collector magazine? I have been away from Star Wars for a few years now and I was just wondering what happened to this magazine.

LTBasker
06-17-2005, 03:51 PM
It's been gone for quite some time, I heard it didn't get past 6 issues but I've seen indications it possibly went on for a bit longer.

Shame it didn't get much life though, I loved it more than the insider. Especially since I was really young when it was out and the Insider had articles that tended to bore me. Galaxy Collector was really good with giving pictures and such and just being alot more detailed about what I wanted to hear about- the toys. :D

I wish they would've brought it back to life for AOTC and ROTS since the Insider is constantly going through changes and whatnot.

Darth Vader 2005
06-17-2005, 04:27 PM
I have Issue 13 so I know it went that long.I agree I wish it had continued.It was a better magazine in my opinon than star wars insider,and it came with free items like cards,posters.

InsaneJediGirl
06-17-2005, 10:11 PM
Moving this to Comics/Books :)

I loved Star Wars Galaxy Collector.I think was the best Sw Collecting magazine around,it was made for the serious collector.Unlike Star Wars Insider,which has turned into a mockery of a Star Wars magazine in my opinion.

I'm hoping Topps will return to it,but since the last movie has come and still no SWGC,I doubt we'll see more issues.

Bren2d2
06-17-2005, 11:11 PM
I miss this magazine as well. i used to suscribe to the Star Wars Insider, but I bought this magazine as well because it concentrated on the collecting aspect of Star Wars.