PDA

View Full Version : Theme Song for Dukes of Hazzard?

Phantom-like Menace
06-18-2005, 01:08 AM
Okay, I've been trying to find out who's doing the theme song, and I can't find it. My friend couldn't remember but described it as some kind of Simple Plan-like band. I'm probably too much a fan of the Waylon Jennings version to accept anyone else singing it, though. Of course, they're salving that wound with Willie Nelson as Uncle Jessie.

So my question: Who is doing the theme song for the movie?

2-1B
06-18-2005, 01:40 AM
Why not just get Shooter Jennings to do it ? lol

Kidhuman
06-18-2005, 12:02 PM
Someone told me its Willie Nelson. Heard it through the grapevine.

JimJamBonds
06-18-2005, 01:22 PM

I hope not, Willie is going to be Uncle Jesse so I don't know if they would have him double up like that. My thought is whoever plays Waylon's character will do the theme song... rumor was that Johhny Cash was going to be that person. All that I do know is Rip Taylor is listed in the credits so it has to be a GREAT movie!!! I'll be sad if I don't see any confeti in that movie! :p

2-1B
06-18-2005, 03:04 PM
I hope "them Duke boys" don't hop in The Lee only to have confetti blow out of the exhaust pipe when they try to start her up. :eek:

JimJamBonds
06-18-2005, 05:58 PM
I hope "them Duke boys" don't hop in The Lee only to have confetti blow out of the exhaust pipe when they try to start her up. :eek:

My now-not-so-secret secret hope? There is some zany situation and he comes walking out throwing confetti by the handfull! Cracks me up everytime. lol lol lol

JimJamBonds
06-19-2005, 03:33 PM
I saw the trailer for Dukes last night and the movie looks great! The theme song could be heard and it was Waylon's version. For my money I say James Hetfield of Metallica should due the theme, he did a great job covering "Don't you think this outlaw bit has done got out of hand" a few years ago for a Waylon tribute album. In that version he did everything sing, guitar, bass and drums and did a awesome job! The last few seconds of the song he repeats "Just a good ol' boy, never meaning no harm." several times and it sound great. My vote is for Papa Het! :)

Kidhuman
06-20-2005, 12:28 AM
Hettfield shouldnt cover himself with blankets at night, he sucks.

JimJamBonds
06-20-2005, 01:20 AM
Hettfield shouldnt cover himself with blankets at night, he sucks.

Ohh kid kid kiddddd :mad:. ;)

Kidhuman
06-20-2005, 01:37 AM
To each their own I say.... :beard:

JimJamBonds
06-20-2005, 01:42 AM
To each their own I say.... :beard:

Just like Ron Burgundy and Veronica Corningstone disagreeing on the true origin's of the name San Diego! lol

2-1B
06-20-2005, 01:44 AM
Better close this thread down, the personal attacks are about to begin ! ! ! :crazed:

Phantom-like Menace
06-20-2005, 03:55 PM
I saw the trailer for Dukes last night and the movie looks great! The theme song could be heard and it was Waylon's version.

Yes, the first time you hear the song in the trailer, you hear as much as "Makin' their way . . ." and maybe a little more and that is definitely Waylon Jennings, but later, just after the General Lee jumps onto the highway to the Dixie horn, you hear ". . . that's just a little bit more than the law will allow." The last part there is sung by whoever is doing the song for the movie.

JimJamBonds
06-20-2005, 11:53 PM
Yes, the first time you hear the song in the trailer, you hear as much as "Makin' their way . . ." and maybe a little more and that is definitely Waylon Jennings, but later, just after the General Lee jumps onto the highway to the Dixie horn, you hear ". . . that's just a little bit more than the law will allow." The last part there is sung by whoever is doing the song for the movie.

I didn't catch that part P-lM, although I do remember hearing the General's horn. Does anybody know who performs 'Black Betty?' I heard it both in the trailer and at a bar and it sounds pretty good to me.

2-1B
06-21-2005, 12:50 AM
Was it the o-riginal version of Black Betty or did somebody cover it ?

JimJamBonds
06-21-2005, 12:58 AM
Was it the o-riginal version of Black Betty or did somebody cover it ?

Cover, it was heaver then the Ram Jam version, also the lyrics are a bit 'gruffer.'

JimJamBonds
07-06-2005, 12:04 AM
I found the Dukes of Hazzard Soundtrack listing, which seems rather interesting. I know some have heard a different version of "good ol' boys" but I don't think anobody thought it was by Willie Nelson? Also the use of 'Black Betty' in the trailer didn't sound like the Ram Jam version either. I've heard that Jessica's version of "These boots..." sucks BUT she's in a bikini washing the General Lee in the video so it can't all be bad now can it? ;)

1) Uncle Jesse Tells A Joke
2) These Boots Are Made For Walkin' - Jessica Simpson
3) One Way Out - The Allman Brothers Band
4) Pride And Joy - Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble
5) Call Me the Breeze - Lynyrd Skynyrd
6) The South's Gonna Do It Again - The Charlie Daniels Band
7) Flirtin' With Disaster - Molly Hatchet
8) Hillbilly Shoes - Montgomery Gentry
9) Black Betty - Ram Jam
10) Soul City - Southern Culture on the Skids
11) Change My Mind - The Blueskins
12) Burn It Off - Blues Explosion
13) Funk #49 - The James Gang
14) Good Ol' Boys - Willie Nelson
15) Uncle Jesse Tells Another Joke

El Chuxter
07-06-2005, 03:42 PM
One new Willie song and a bunch of stuff I already have? And the record industry wonders why file-swapping is so common. :rolleyes:

I'd read at some point Willie was doing a duet with Jessica Stupidton (it seems an insult to the Simpsons to call her by her other name), but I must say I'm rather glad that doesn't seem to have happened.

Sith Lord 0498
07-06-2005, 09:23 PM
One new Willie song and a bunch of stuff I already have? And the record industry wonders why file-swapping is so common. :rolleyes:

I'd read at some point Willie was doing a duet with Jessica Stupidton (it seems an insult to the Simpsons to call her by her other name), but I must say I'm rather glad that doesn't seem to have happened.

If you watch Jessica's new video (and manage to look at something other than her), there are a few moments where it looks and sounds like Willie mumbling lyrics along with her. Nowhere near a duet, but that may be where the rumor came from.

Kidhuman
07-07-2005, 01:22 AM
In my tired state I thought track one said Uncle Jesse takes a toke...

JimJamBonds
07-07-2005, 11:38 AM
In my tired state I thought track one said Uncle Jesse takes a toke...

Wille Nelson is Uncle Jesse so you might be more correct then you think. lol

Phantom-like Menace
07-13-2005, 12:11 AM

And this seems to have held true. I'm going to have to give my friend quite the hard time. I'll have to listen a little more closely next time I have the chance to watch the trailer.

Thanks JimJamBonds

On the topic of Willie Nelson, he just released a reggae album. It's not something I would listen to for enjoyment, but I guess if I had a party with an island theme, it would make the rotation. Of course, I'm sure there are those who will like it for what it is.

JimJamBonds
07-13-2005, 12:17 AM
On the topic of Willie Nelson, he just released a reggae album. It's not something I would listen to for enjoyment, but I guess if I had a party with an island theme, it would make the rotation. Of course, I'm sure there are those who will like it for what it is.

I'm not a Wille fan... heck I hate country music but I think a reggae album is better then some of the other choices out there. He could have put out the first ever hiphop country album! lol Or techno country! Wait that was done a few years ago. :crazed: