PDA

View Full Version : 500th Vader

DarkArtist
06-18-2005, 01:39 PM
Is this figure the 500th figure that combines both the old Kenner era figures with the new Hasbro versions, or just the Hasbro versions. If so does it also include variations like the recent red or blue senate guards. Just curious because the other day I was counting my collection of fgures and I was well over 500, I think i was at 1500, including all variations as well as both the Kenner line an the Hasbro line. :confused:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-18-2005, 01:52 PM
It doesn't include variations, but it does include both Kenner and Hasbro. I made a list a while ago that should be pretty easy to find. It has this figure at around #524, so it's not too far off. :)

Kidhuman
06-18-2005, 11:50 PM
If they wait any longer to release it it will be the 1000th figure

Bantha274
06-20-2005, 01:48 PM
I ordered two of these from Amazon.com when they started the pre-sell. They said they were expected to be in around May27th and be shipped June 1-3.
Well, that deadline has long passed and now they show these as "Not available or out of stock".

WTF?!

When are these supposed to become available? Can someone supply a link that Hasbro states the release date of these? And why the hell did Amazon.com screw up so bad with the timeframe? This is the third time they have d**ked me over for something I pre-ordered. I don't think I'll be pre-ordering anything from them again. At least I didn't have to pre-pay or make a deposit though.

evenflow
06-20-2005, 03:23 PM
Dude, amazon just puts down what Hasbro tells them. With toys, they usually screw everyone over. I have pre-ordered some other figures from them and always end up canceling my order or having them cancel it.

ROTJLuke
06-20-2005, 04:08 PM
I preordered once from Brians, they f'ed up my order, so I havent preordered anything since...

DarkArtist
06-21-2005, 08:25 AM
I would like to get two of these one to keep mint and the other because I'm still a kid at heart and still play with all my toys. The other day I was having a battle with my gunship and a couple of Jedi Starfighters. :crazed:

Blackened88
06-22-2005, 09:03 AM
Does anyone know if these are out yet because I seen 1 case of these on my first day of work at ToysRUs, which was yesterday.

Kidhuman
06-22-2005, 10:20 AM
Heavent seen any, hook up the boys already. :D :beard:

JEDIpartner
06-22-2005, 10:28 AM
The ones I ordered from Amazon are on backorder and they do not know when the next shipment will arrive. :(

ROTJLuke
06-22-2005, 02:27 PM
back order always screws with people...the stores never seem to stock enough, or bring enough in...

audcat
06-23-2005, 10:24 PM
I just found one today, it was the last one on the shelf and I was lucky enough to spot it :D I have to say it is incredibly cool looking, I can't stop taking the helmet off and on :p

Hexagram520
06-23-2005, 10:29 PM
I want a Vader figure where the helmet is 3 pieces, without being all big or dumb looking.

evenflow
06-27-2005, 12:15 PM
Well I found one, happy to have it, but it isnt the greatest. Its cool for what it is, but you know...

jaxx
06-28-2005, 10:01 AM
I haven't seen this figure in the stores yet. To be honest with you, I haven't even seen a tag for the figure on the shelves or pegs yet. I've looked at Wal*Mart, Target, and TRU... nothing to signal any figure yet.

For those of you who have found this in stores... is this figure found hanging on the pegs, or is it displayed on the shelves at the stores?

evenflow
06-28-2005, 02:57 PM
It was on a shelf. It seemed like they only got the one case.

steeltormentor69
06-29-2005, 04:06 AM
Are these exclusives to a certain store or are they being sold everywhere? I haven't been keeping up on this one so I don't know.

JEDIpartner
06-29-2005, 01:22 PM
They are in general release from what I understand.

ROTJLuke
06-29-2005, 02:06 PM
Havent seen any of these bad boys anywhere...

ROTJLuke
06-29-2005, 02:07 PM
Havent seen any of these bad boys anywhere, but Im not soo sure Ill be picking it up, but you never know! ;) :D

Turbowars
06-29-2005, 07:45 PM
They hit LA CA last weekend. 3 per case. Cool figure. I like how he is seated, looks kind of real.

Val Da Car
06-29-2005, 08:20 PM
kbtoys.com....has them in stock....looks to be over 70 units....for now....or we can just wait and whammo...he will be at Retail!!

linky link

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/4056539/ctid/17/INstock/Y/D/

DarthGrizzle
07-02-2005, 09:12 AM
Was at TRU in Pittsburgh yesterday with 2 friends. Saw 3 of them there, each of us grabbed one. Can't stop myself from raising/lowering helmet. Do they come 3 to a case? If so, that's a pretty weird number.

Turbowars
07-02-2005, 10:16 AM
This has become a Eidemic. The raising and lowering of the helmet has created a disturbance in the force. It is advised that all persons refrain from such act. Do to the high volume of collectors (including Hotwheels collectors) our 500th Vader action figures will self destruct the very moment you touch the Raising and Lowering Mechanism. There is a safety on Star Wars collectors units. The next time you see a 500th Darth Vader Action figure set, stash them for your fellow Star Wars Collector. This safety is not included with Hotwheels collectors units for good reasons.;)

Obi-wedge
07-02-2005, 07:06 PM
Got mine the other day from Shopstarwars. Major disapointment. First off, my packaging was crushed on the corner due to bad packing. Second, this is the second time I got something from them and was supposed to have received a "promo" card and did not, (has thos happened to anyone else?), and third the helmet was not even centered over ol Darth. Oh, you could rasie it and lower it but it is off to the side of the sitting figure by about half and inch.

I just put it back in the box and am returning it for credit. I feel that it is not wirht the price...especially if you already have the Death Star fold open figure which already has him sitting.

Val Da Car
07-03-2005, 11:30 PM
Well my three on Backorder at kb went to order being fulfilled.....

I don't have high expectations so this figure is a can't miss!

CooLJoE
07-08-2005, 05:50 PM
I ordered 2 from Entertainment Earth and got them today. I was a bit miffed when I saw the box was crushed in at one end. So I immediately took pictures just incase. After pics were taken, I opened it up and check both for damage. Amazingly, neither one had a single bit of damage on them. No bends, creases, scratches, etc. So today is definetely a lucky day for me.

As for the figure, I like it. The plastic cover is quite solid, and the mechanism for raising and lowering the helmet works well. Yes, the helmet does sit slightly off center when raised up, but mine were maybe 1mm or so off. Nothing major or enough to worry about. I'm happy with them.

Blackened88
07-08-2005, 08:09 PM
Was at TRU in Pittsburgh yesterday with 2 friends. Saw 3 of them there, each of us grabbed one. Can't stop myself from raising/lowering helmet. Do they come 3 to a case? If so, that's a pretty weird number.

Yes they come 3 per case and usually only one case per truck.

bobafrett
07-08-2005, 10:53 PM
I picked up two of them at TRU this afternoon. I did notice one of them had a halmet that came up and off to the left as you are looking at Vaders face. The second one goes straight up and down. I was delighted to find these!

Luuuuuuke
07-08-2005, 11:38 PM
So I got my 500th figure Vader last week from KB in great condition--but I ordered him from there because Amazon told me they didn't have it and gave me the ole backordered, we don't know when we're going to get it routine.
Well, today, unexpectedly, they ship Vader. Ay caramba!!! Oh well. I guess I can always open one. At first I thought they were shipping the Evolution sets, but no dice. At least not yet.

Kidhuman
07-08-2005, 11:50 PM
Getting mine sent to me. Thanks Blackend88.

Vengecore
08-01-2005, 08:03 PM
Has any body opened theirs? is it worth opening? by the looks of his hands it doesn seem that he can hold a lightsaber, so i was wondering. Does he come with one?

mrhat
08-01-2005, 10:51 PM
I did open mine, In the little cardboard base they call packaging there is another hand a lightsaber and a cape as well. It is VERY well articulated, VOTC quality over all, definetly. The only opening you can really do is that cardboard at the bottom because the encasing is hard plastic that you can use i suppose to re-create the full Chamber minus the closing part.

Vengecore
08-01-2005, 11:22 PM
damn thats cool he comes with the saber and the extra hand. tell me. does the saber hilt attach to his waist like some of the ROTS and AOTC jedis? if it does i mught just open mine.

are these things gonna appreciate?

mrhat
08-02-2005, 01:32 AM
No hilt, just the saber, non detachible... Still cool though!

Jayspawn
08-02-2005, 10:22 AM
I opened mine as well mrhat, he's a great figure! My only gripes are that his cape doesnt sit on his shoulders, you dont get the full chamber, only the bottom -and that the crane is stuck in place. :dis: So its always there. But still a good figure anyways, I think its the best likeness of Vader.

Slicker
08-02-2005, 03:25 PM
I finally found one of these bad boys at K-Mart today. Very nice and I'm glad I finally found one of these. I absolutely love it.

sluray
08-04-2005, 09:53 AM
I am going to pick this up. I have passed up on it several times. I have seen plenty of these at Wal Mart.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-04-2005, 11:17 AM
I got one yesterday and opened it. It's a nice figure, but the lack of supreme articulation places this behind the VOTC and Evolutions Vaders as far as Vaders go. He doesn't even have shoulder articulation for God's sake! Nor can he spin in his chair, since it's screwed in. It's still a very nice set, though. My favorite thing about it is that sweet-*** Imperial symbol chair! If they really made those I would be all over it! And it has a butt-groove for Vader! Awesome! :D