PDA

View Full Version : Tomy Starwars Minis #4

sicqnus
06-20-2005, 11:19 AM
The fourth wave of StarWars minis from TOMY Japan will be available this summer.
This is a best-of wave but with one or two interesting things like ROTS PLo Koon's Jedi Starfighter, Boba Fett's Slave One and RED-3 Biggs Darklighter's X-wing.
Pictures below :
http://www.sicqnus.com/news/TOMY4_02.jpg
http://www.sicqnus.com/news/TOMY4_01.jpg

britcit3
06-20-2005, 05:12 PM
This is Trek Johnny Lightenings all over again - a new lick of paint and hey-presto - new ships!!

The only one worth having looks like Plo Koons Starfighter (& that has the same stand as the 1st Jedi Starfighter).

Dissappointed.

BC3

vulcantouch
06-21-2005, 10:33 PM
-you sed it bc3- the only wv2 jl i got was the ent refit- "battle damage" paintjobs are lame-o :p as for tomy wv4 i May bother w/fighter repaint but i doubt it :zzz:

AndyW
06-22-2005, 04:16 AM
Yes its a bit of a rehash wave, but at least its not bloody battle damage like the JL's. I don't really mind having another Jedi Fighter as long as the war paints different. Wonder if this line will continue, I never expected it to.

I'll certainly be picking these up when j-list start listing them.

britcit3
07-19-2005, 02:18 PM
BRITCIT3 EATS HIS WORDS.........

TOMY wave 4 just arrived - they are great - especially PloKoons fighter.

The Falcon & X-Wing are also beautiful - much better than the recent Hasbro micro vehicles.

Looky Looky

BC3

Plokoons fighter (along with Anakins (old & new) for scale) and the superior (darker) TOMY Millenium Falcon and Hasbro version

britcit3
07-19-2005, 02:19 PM
The excellent TOMY X wing (wings closed) & the Hasbro version.

& A very nice Boba's Slave 1

AndyW
07-19-2005, 03:42 PM
Whoa, where did these babies spring from? Goes off to check J-list...

Is it my eyes or is the plo kloon fighter smaller than the obi fighter from wave 2? They haven't used a different mold have they?

Others look great, I want.

britcit3
07-19-2005, 04:50 PM
Plokoons is the same mold as Anakins - very nice paint job though.

Got mine from Hobby Link Japan.

BC3

Warstar
07-20-2005, 02:53 PM
Wow- where have I been? I didn't know these existed until now- and they're in the Die Cast scale. Groovy...might have to pick them up!

Because I am lazy, what all was included with Waves 1-3 (though I found a Wave 3 set on Ebay just now- I don't know what was in Wave 1 and 2).

Are these die-cast or plastic?

JediTricks
07-20-2005, 08:09 PM
That X-wing looks amazing. I wish Hasbro's work was this good, they'd get so much more money from me...

AndyW
07-26-2005, 10:57 AM
Well, didn't have to wait for J-list, or go into unknown realms with HLJ, as I just found these in my friendly local collectors shop. Got the Plo Kloon fighter and the X-wing, decided against Slave 1 (they've still got the Jango coloured one, been there for almost a year!), may pick it up some other time.

Both are great, the x-wing is great for display (sadly the landing gear are fixed onto the ship, they don't pop off like most toys like this) and the Jedi fighter repaint is excellent. As I said above, I don't mind repaints, its battle damage I can't stand.

AndyW
08-13-2005, 12:28 PM
Was picking up the last Jedi fighter they had today for a friend in the UK and I thought ah, sod it, so picked up the At-At, Falcon, the Jango Slave 1 from Wave 1 and the Boba from Wave 2. Also picked up another X-Wing and will chop the legs off so I can have some flying fun :)