PDA

View Full Version : New ToysRUs Employee

Blackened88
06-20-2005, 10:07 PM
You guys are now looking at a new ToysRUs Employee. I'm starting work tomarrow as a person that unloads the shipments off the truck. I haven't had a job since early January so i'm pretty happy. :)

JON9000
06-20-2005, 10:47 PM
Congratulations on your new job. You can now pretty much get firsts on whatever toys you want!

darko666
06-20-2005, 10:54 PM
hopefully your expierence at TRU is better than mine when i worked at one.
but now you get first picks on new figures.

congrats!

Kidhuman
06-21-2005, 12:53 AM
Congrats, get me 3 packs of troopers

jjreason
06-21-2005, 03:48 AM
Congrats, get me 3 packs of troopers

And so it begins.

TRU Manager to B88 (Re the SSG forumites): They've asked you to do something that makes you feel dishonest, haven't they.

B88: I, I...... I don't know what to say.

Manager: They've asked you to horde for them, haven't they.

:beard:

2-1B
06-21-2005, 04:32 AM
"If they haven't already included you in their plot, they soon will."
Too funny Reason, these forums are a better place with you posting here. :) :) :)

Congrats on the new gig at TRU, Blackened88 - I worked there from late 1996 through spring 1997 only temporary during college) and from my experience the chain has really gone downhill since then but I wish you the best of luck. :)

Kidhuman
06-21-2005, 11:00 AM
And so it begins.

TRU Manager to B88 (Re the SSG forumites): They've asked you to do something that makes you feel dishonest, haven't they.

B88: I, I...... I don't know what to say.

Manager: They've asked you to horde for them, haven't they.

:beard:

Dont be mad because I beat you to it. :beard:

Blackened88
06-22-2005, 10:00 AM
Well yesterday was alright I guess, it was real hard work but I got through it. While loading stuff off the truck I did notice the 500th Vader case and loads of Star Wars cases. :D I didn't get a chance to look at them but I was going crazy wondering what was inside. I'm little scared to let my fellow workers know I buy toys so I'm kind of stuck really, should I go ahead and buy toys or just tell my brother to go in the day of the shipment?

BanthaPoodoo
06-22-2005, 10:19 AM
You should never be scared to let people know you collect them. Hey, they can either accept you as you are or kiss it!!!

Just put it to em this way, you figured you could either buy drugs, beer, or toys, & you figured toys was the least harmful of the three!

Kidhuman
06-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Buy em. Stake your claim, they cant fire you. ANd if your bro comes in, then no discount. :D :beard:

2-1B
06-22-2005, 12:25 PM
or cigarettes BanthaPoodoo, don't forget to include cigarettes in that list ! :D

Blackened88
06-24-2005, 12:48 AM
Well today during my third day working everyone let out there geeky side when they started to open up some Transformer Cases and started talking about it. Thats when I opened up my first case of SW. Unfortunetly it was a Deluxe Case and it was series one, all of the tons of cases I seen my first day were long gone along with the 500th Vader Case. But now I can actually open them to see whats inside. Also my second day, I first walk in the door and the SW is on the left. So I see 38 right on the front row but as I went to get it someone asked me for help so I helped them out, when I returned some guy was going through the figs and picked up 38. :( Oh well

Luuuuuuke
07-03-2005, 03:09 AM
Well yesterday was alright I guess, it was real hard work but I got through it. While loading stuff off the truck I did notice the 500th Vader case and loads of Star Wars cases. :D I didn't get a chance to look at them but I was going crazy wondering what was inside. I'm little scared to let my fellow workers know I buy toys so I'm kind of stuck really, should I go ahead and buy toys or just tell my brother to go in the day of the shipment?

Go for it dude, just leave some for us plebians won't you? They don't pay you enough to not take advantage of one of the few fringe benefits. You wouldn't be the first. And if your fellow workers laugh cause you buy toys, remind them they work for a store with a big arse giraffe for a mascot.

Blackened88
07-07-2005, 10:58 PM
I found out awhile ago that everyone collects, mostly transformers. So now that I can look there arent many cases around.