PDA

View Full Version : Target Exclusive Super Poseable Clonetrooper

jjreason
06-21-2005, 02:25 AM
Okay, so I busted this guy out tonight, and was surprised by the fact that he's NOT based on this year's ROTS Super Poseable Clonetrooper (#41). The head is the same, but the body is actually taken from the LAST Super Poseable Clone - 2003's Clone Wars version (hence he has no antenna/backpack apparatus). This guy does have peg holes in his feet, however, so he's even closer akin to the EE exclusive 4 pack version of those Clones than he is to the regular CW edition.

On mine, the Neyo symbol is slightly marked up, not sure if that's "battle damage" or crappy paint application.

All in all, I find myself wishing this guy was a little more "different" from the masses than he is. If it had been my project, I'd have been pushing for a unique helmet - preferably like the ones worn by the only "Cobra Clonetroopers" I can see in ROTS, the biker scouts that bump off Stass Alie.

Super Poseable Clones can only be so bad. It's based on a great figure, but the fact that it wasn't based on the newest SP prototype is too bad, as is the fact that they couldn't muster up enough jam to make this guy's helmet unique. On the plus side, he does come with a blaster AND a rifle - not like those weapons-skimpy #41s.

JediTricks
06-22-2005, 12:34 AM
All the Target clones have a weathered shape to their red painted logos, it's intentional. Do you have any additional unusual markings though?

As for your assesment, it sounds pretty spot on, the body isn't quite as sharp as the ROTS CT #41 because they're using the older CW sculpt, the helmet fits and looks nice, can't go too wrong with these guys. For me, he's a B-plus (B+), nothing special at this point but not bad either, if he were cheaper he'd be an A-minus, but I don't like overpriced exclusives who use their packaging to garner extra pricetag.

X13VADER
06-22-2005, 08:43 AM
I Know I Wanted An Army Of These (as I Am Sure Everyone Else Did Also). I Did Pay A Lot For The Ones I Have But I Needed An Army And Could Find Them So I Bought Everyone I Could.you Can Never Have To Many Clones.

jjreason
06-23-2005, 01:51 AM
All the Target clones have a weathered shape to their red painted logos, it's intentional. Do you have any additional unusual markings though?

Nothing noticeable, JT.

mastermatt24
06-26-2005, 02:54 PM
I never found one... :(