PDA

View Full Version : Smashing Pumpkins are reuniting!

Exhaust Port
06-21-2005, 10:18 PM
http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,16796,00.html?tnews

The details are pretty vague as of now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we could see another Mellon Collie type album again.

JediTricks
06-21-2005, 10:39 PM
Wow, that's pretty wild, after their nasty split I never expected anything like this to even be on his mind. Now we just need to keep 'em away from Sharon Osbourne. :p

JimJamBonds
06-21-2005, 11:04 PM
Hmmm I'm guessing Billy owns the rights to the name "Smashing Pumpkins" so this could be along the lines of the Gun's n Roses or Megadeth get togethers.

Rocketboy
06-21-2005, 11:07 PM
I just read an interview with him and he said he seriously doubted they would ever get back together. Weird.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-22-2005, 12:06 AM
Hmmm I'm guessing Billy owns the rights to the name "Smashing Pumpkins" so this could be along the lines of the Gun's n Roses or Megadeth get togethers.

No way in hizzy. Billy wants the original crew back together, i can tell. I'm a HUGE SP fan, a large Zwan fan and am currently listening to Billy's solo disc and scratching my SP tattoo on my back. I think he'd be wise to get the old crew back. Jimmy Chamberlain is top notch on the drums (i think Time magazine said, he's "thunder wrapped in skin"), Iha and Corgan mesh well, although if Iha didn't want to do it, i think Corgan could get somebody else. Since D'arcy is a crack addict, Billy could just get Melissa Auf Der Mer who did the Machina album and final tour. booya!!

I'm so giddy about this news, but really curious to see if it'll actually happen.

2-1B
06-22-2005, 12:21 AM
That's the worst news I've heard all year.

figrin bran
06-22-2005, 12:46 AM
i don't believe it will happen. methinks it's just a way to drum up interest in his solo record.

El Chuxter
06-22-2005, 04:35 PM
Sounds like he got tired of nobody buying his albums anymore. :p

Bren2d2
06-22-2005, 09:05 PM
I love the Smashing Pumpkins. If this news is true I look forward to seeing them.

jjreason
06-26-2005, 03:36 PM
It must just be to tour..... I thought Billy Corgan was more of a Prince type when it came to recording the albums, by that I mean playing all the instruments (besides the drums) by himself?

And wasn't Chamberlin heavy into the heroin? I thought he nearly died or something and was done with show biz?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-27-2005, 01:19 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/entertainment/cst-ftr-jimmy27.html

Jimmy has rejoined the band. Let's see if Iha and D'arcy join. Frankly I'd prefer Mel over D'arcy as she's far better and much hotter. :crazed:

InsaneJediGirl
06-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Still not quite sure to celebrate or just wait and see if this is going to happen.I enjoy the Pumpkins,but I do see this more as "Lets make a record while the fans still want us" type of deal.

Hopefully,if the reunion does go well,hopefully some Mellon Collie-esq greatness will be cranked out :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Official album info from Billy:

The Smashing Pumpkins
6th album
'Zeitgeist'

They are also headlining some festivals overseas. No US dates, yet. Still no word on who is picking up the bass or extra guitar (s). Kinda excited about this, being the Pumpkinshead i am. :thumbsup:

figrin bran
02-07-2007, 09:38 PM
i'm nearly tempted to start a "Quick Question: Zwan" thread :p

can we really consider it the pumpkins if it's only Corgan and Chamberlin?

Mad Slanted Powers
02-10-2007, 01:43 AM
i'm nearly tempted to start a "Quick Question: Zwan" thread :p

can we really consider it the pumpkins if it's only Corgan and Chamberlin?

That's kind of what I was thinking. They were both in Zwan, so if the new album is the The Smashing Pumpkins, so was the Zwan album. The only difference would be playing Pumpkins tunes on tour. If the album is as good as Zwan, then I'll be happy. I liked most of that album. Something along the lines of Siamese Dream would be a real treat though.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-27-2008, 09:04 AM
To show how old I must be getting, I really had thought I'd already bought Zeitgeist, but hadn't. :( So I did purchase it, and it was... pretty much the same song over and over again. Not disappointed, since any new Pumpkins stuff will be good for a while since there hasn't been any, but I was a tad baffled. Need to let it run through my ears and brain a little more, I guess.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-27-2008, 10:29 AM
To show how old I must be getting, I really had thought I'd already bought Zeitgeist, but hadn't. :( So I did purchase it, and it was... pretty much the same song over and over again. Not disappointed, since any new Pumpkins stuff will be good for a while since there hasn't been any, but I was a tad baffled. Need to let it run through my ears and brain a little more, I guess.

I think it's a pretty solid album, not their best, but definitely enjoyable. My favorite track is easily "United States."

I saw them live last October and they still put on a stellar live show. They played one of my favorite tracks, "Set the Ray to Jerry" and it was amazing. I'm pretty interested to see what they do next. :thumbsup: