PDA

View Full Version : Queenies

PloKoon2385
08-16-2001, 01:13 AM
I like the new Queen (Sabe), but I have a question. Why can't they make a Queenie that can SIT?! She sits in half the movie, and not one of her figs can sit! That is ABSURD! I hope they make her sittable(?):confused:

JediTricks
08-16-2001, 05:26 AM
Well, how would you make this action figure sit? I posted an idea in the Dear Hasbro section about Jedi Council Members sitting via the RFT legs, but that wouldn't apply to the Queen figures since she's got that big dress. Would you make the dress out of cloth, a giant uni-leg like on Graxol from the Watto's Box set, or would you do something else? I ask because I honestly have no idea how they'd pull this off.

12inch Lando
08-16-2001, 07:58 AM
I really don't like the idea of soft goods Amidallas. Her dresses are far to intricate to do them justice at such a small scale. I'm perfectlly happy with the uni-leg style.

QLD
08-16-2001, 08:31 AM
Personally, I am waiting for a Queen Amidala figure that can sit in my lap. Wait, that wasn't an appropriate way to kick off these forums was it? No, well, it wouldn't be me if I didn't say something. It's not my fault she has junk in da trunk.

12inch Lando
08-16-2001, 08:51 AM
Ok QLD... Put the action figure down, stick your hands in the air and back slowly away from your computer... BOTH HANDS IN THE AIR! Now go outside and get some fresh air.

JEDIpartner
08-16-2001, 09:06 AM
I, for one, and glad that they are getting around to putting this one out. I hope they will eventually get ALL the Amidala figures out because the costumes were AMAZING!

I hope they make a couple handmaidens soon so the entourage will be complete!

QLD
08-16-2001, 09:07 AM
Huh huh, huh huh huh......He said Handmaiderns. That word just oozes comedy.

12inch Lando
08-16-2001, 09:27 AM
I'm with JEDIpartnr. I thought that her dresses were great. I'm waiting for the white one she wore on Coruscant and the other white one she wore at the celebration. Fingers crossed.

bigbarada
08-16-2001, 11:09 AM
They need to make all of her gowns, and when they're done they can resculpt the Senate Gown, maybe with a removable cloth overcoat.

I don't know why Hasbro has hesitated with these, I remember at Ep1 toys' prime I would see girls of all ages rummaging through the figures looking for the Senate Gown Amidala.

Here's your chance to bring girls who wouldn't normally buy action figures into the hobby, Hasbro. But I think you've already missed the bus.:(

JediTricks
08-16-2001, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by 12inch Lando
Ok QLD... Now go outside and get some fresh air.
What, you want him out there with the rest of us?!? ;)

I'm actually surprised to see a vote for the uni-leg. May I ask, have you seen what Graxol looks like without his cloth overskirt when he's sitting? It's smooth at the joints. Perhaps Hasbro could sculpt that area to blend in with the figure though.

I gotta agree with JediPartner there, I'd like to see them get some handmaiden figures for sale.

Barada, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Coruscant Amidala is incomplete without her coat! I thought that part with the giant shoulderpads was a must-have.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
08-16-2001, 05:28 PM
I always thought it would be cool if they came out with an Amidala Collection of two-packs. Each one would come with a super-detailed, all-plastic Amidala (no soft goods) and a handmaiden. The handmaiden could all be the same figure for all I care, since you hardly see their faces at all. At least they are finally starting to make more Amidalas. The costumes and hair were amazing, and I'll buy any more they choose to do. I think the celebration dress looks kind of goofy, though. Anyway, maybe they'll do something like this for Episode II.

PloKoon2385
08-16-2001, 05:38 PM
I don't know how they can make her sit......That is what the Hasbro designers are paid to do, right? Let them figure it out! I don't want soft goods or unileg though...Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

evenflow
08-16-2001, 06:26 PM
I think it is a really cool figure, but I still want the Queen in white with the globe of peace. :)

JediTricks
08-17-2001, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by PloKoon2385
I don't know how they can make her sit......That is what the Hasbro designers are paid to do, right? Let them figure it out! I don't want soft goods or unileg though...Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
And this is the problem, while we'd like them to be able to sit, most collectors don't want the only approaches make this work. Hasbro designers are limited in what they can do by the materials, if you don't like cloth, and you don't like uni-leg, how are you going to get that giant plastic dress to sit down? I don't think there's a way, and I don't think the Hasbro designers can think of one either.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-17-2001, 12:50 PM
Hmm. Uni-leg. Sounds like some kind of bizarre artificial prosthesis.

Anyway, it'll never happen. They will make the dresses from the movie look as close as possible and to do that Hasbro has to do it in plastic. ERGO, no sitting Amidala.

pthfnder89
08-17-2001, 12:59 PM
I don't have much of a problem with the standing only versions.

Personally I'm just glad they've produced so many of the different costumes so far. The first Coruscant Amidala was a MAJOR pegwarmer here in Texas (of course what EP1 figure wasn't ;)

red4
08-17-2001, 01:17 PM
They could make a Deluxe Amidala figure set with chair/throne and 2 detachable waists - one for standing and one for sitting.

This could solve the "uni-leg" problem and still keep the poseability of the standing version.

bigbarada
08-17-2001, 01:33 PM
If they released alternate Amidalas sculpted in sitting poses (like the Final Jedi Duel Emperor) along with throne/chair mini-playsets I don't think anyone would complain. She only actually sat down in four of the outfits (Theed throne room, Royal starship-one outfit going to Coruscant, one outfit coming back, and the Senator's Chambers).

I don't know, just an idea.

JediCole
08-17-2001, 02:33 PM
For those who doubt the ability of Hasbro to do the subtle beauty of Amidala's costumes justice with soft good, you need only look to the POTJ Lando (more specifically his cape) to see what they are truly capable of producing. Though I see little need for a quantity of seated Amidala's, I believe a Theed Trone Room version (as a Deluxe figure) with the throne (complete with a slide back panel and two pistols) and perhaps the circular view screen thrown in for good measure would be an absolute must-have for most of us. For now I am just glad that Hasbro has begun to recognize that, though Star Wars is essetially a "Boys Toy" line, we still want the female characters. And there are those of us who want pretty much everyone. I don't have to have absolutely every pilot in the Cantina, every droid in the background, or every conceivable rank or speciality of Rebel soldier (they were, to a man or woman, soldiers all), but I must admit a fondness for the obscure. I was thrilled when Bo Shek was showing up on some lists and hope that he will come out in the future. Plus I make a plea again for more Jabba's Palace, Mos Eisley, and Mos Espa denizens! Answer our call, o Habro!

PloKoon2385
08-17-2001, 04:50 PM
Well, they could make it so the plastic dress is removable and have her come with a cloth accessory dress. She would of course have articulated legs as well.

JediTricks
08-18-2001, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by red4
They could make a Deluxe Amidala figure set with chair/throne and 2 detachable waists - one for standing and one for sitting.

This could solve the "uni-leg" problem and still keep the poseability of the standing version. I can't tell which is scarier, the fact that you want to "Darth Maul" the Queen figures, or the fact that I think your idea is the best idea I've heard for this dillema. ;) Seriously though, this is probably the best way to get this to work and keep the figures standing. That Emperor in the Jedi Duel cinema scene is a cool figure, but he's a one-hit wonder.

PloKoon2385
08-19-2001, 01:02 AM
I still think they need to find a way to do it, we could vote or something.....i dunno. I want sitting Queens, not statues!

El Chuxter
10-26-2009, 03:17 PM
My favorite song about a queenie is "Little Queenie" by the great Chuck Berry. It was so good, both Queen and T Rex ripped it off. But, somehow, only T Rex was sued. Go figure.