PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Night Live - AOTC Spoof

AreTwo-DeeTwo
01-13-2002, 11:23 AM
Anyone watch SNL last night and see the skit? I though it was funny for the most part. Granted I did have a few drinks and my date was sitting on my lap. So, my mood was good. I was cracking up at Darrell Hammond's imitation of George Lucas and whoever was portraying Ahmed Best as Jar-Jar. Actually the whole skit amused me.
Thoughts???

THE Slayer
01-13-2002, 12:23 PM
It amused me too :) Actually I thought it was hilarious.
possibly even social commentary, but since it was on snl thats prolly stretching it.

Fulit
01-13-2002, 01:34 PM
Could someone post a descrption? I missed it.

2-1B
01-13-2002, 01:59 PM
Dean Edwards played Ahmed Best :)

It was a nice touch to show him with those white motion capture balls.

AreTwo-DeeTwo
01-13-2002, 04:20 PM
Fulit - I will try and get sometime and post a description unless some else beats me to it. You kind of have to see it to appreciate though.

Basically it was sort of an interview with George Lucas and then cutting to the making of AOTC. A lot like the internet making of specials. The best part for me was George setting up with something like "We have scaled back Jar-Jar's part and made him much more mature this time." The next scene you see is a guy (Dean Edwards) dressed up like Ahmed Best, who portrayed Jar-Jar before they insert the digital one, complete with white motion capture balls and the fake Jar-Jar mask on top of his head. He imitates Jar-Jar's voice and acting really goofy saying stuff like "Mesa got to go pee-pee, poopu, cacka. Then he makes farting sounds with his arm pit and other Jar-Jar-esque stuff.

They had someone doing Mace Windu and Obi-Wan. They cut to guys looking like NSYNC and they dance around with lightsabers. I can't remember what they said.

Like I said you have to see it to appreciate it. There was actually a lot to the skit. Some of it was not that funny, but a lot of it was.