PDA

View Full Version : Clone Trooper 3-pack

X13VADER
06-23-2005, 09:36 AM
I Found One Last Weekend And I Thought They Are Going To White Or All 3 Colored Troopers. I Found The Guy On One Knee Is Green As Before. Just Confused About If Its An Error Or Is There Going To Be 5 Versions Again.

Captain Spoon
06-23-2005, 10:46 AM
I bought one that had a blue trooper. However the markings are nothing like the ones in the movie. As for the other 2 they were too white (if that makes any sense) they have very poor detail and they are so plasticy (if that is a word) hehe, that they almost look like rip off figures. These figures Suck.

jedi master sal
06-23-2005, 12:01 PM
There ARE 5 versions of the ROTS clone troper 3-pack.
They are:
All white
White standing, white kneeling, blue prone (laying down)
White standing, green kneeling, white prone
brown standing, white kneeling, white prone
brown standing, green kneeling, blue prone (This set is also referred to as the all "color" version)

-Sal

Kidhuman
06-23-2005, 12:19 PM
God a fifth variation now. I think I will hunt the color pack as I got 2 other packs all white and red. The color version will be cheaper on my wallet.

Bren2d2
06-23-2005, 01:15 PM
5 different versions of this 3-pack I still can't even get my hands on one :( .

CrunchyNug
06-23-2005, 06:59 PM
Can anyone CONFIRM that the 5th variant even exists? I mean, is there one that will have all 3 colored Clones in it? I think the image Hasbro posted a while back was meant to illustrate the 3 DIFFERENT variations we would be getting, but so far, has anyone actually found ALL of them in the same package? Wasn't it the same with the Clone Wars packs? I can only count 4 variations...

1. All White
2. One Brown/Red
3. One Green
4. One Blue

Jade_Dragon
06-23-2005, 08:55 PM
I hate these figures. I picked them up from Target the other day for $9.99 and they are terrible. I wish Hasbro would have just packaged 3 of the super articulated troopers with different color schemes instead, even if it would be more expensive. These are terrible army builder figures, they look disproportionate compared to the regular figures.

jedi master sal
06-24-2005, 02:38 PM
Can anyone CONFIRM that the 5th variant even exists? I mean, is there one that will have all 3 colored Clones in it? I think the image Hasbro posted a while back was meant to illustrate the 3 DIFFERENT variations we would be getting, but so far, has anyone actually found ALL of them in the same package? Wasn't it the same with the Clone Wars packs? I can only count 4 variations...

1. All White
2. One Brown/Red
3. One Green
4. One Blue

For the Clone Wars 3-packs we got 5 different sets as well. They were:
All white
White standing, White kneeling, Yellow standing w/Binoculars
White standing, GREEN kneeling, White standing w/Binoculars
White standing, White kneeling, RED prone
BLUE standing, White kneeling, White prone

CrunchyNug
06-24-2005, 04:59 PM
Yes, Master Sal...but you see, we got 5 variations for the Clone Wars line because there was an extra color in there - White, Red, Blue, Green AND Yellow. I don't think we're getting a Yellow Clone this time around. My question still is, can anyone confirm that the mysterious 5th variant DOES include all the colored Clones in ONE pack? If not, then we're only getting 4 variations...right?

BlueSnags
06-24-2005, 05:36 PM
Did someone report actually finding the all colored version? As far as I know, no one's seen one yet.

I just ordered the green version off omgcnfo.com - $12.95, not too bad. I have the red, blue and white, so hopefully that's the end of it. I'm sick of looking for these things.

Snags

abell748
06-25-2005, 04:17 AM
I picked up the all white pack because it was the first one I saw. A few days later I saw the reddish brown one and thought the colored circle things looked bad, very bad. I will be happy with the pack I have since I never found the CW versions. I agree with everyone...these figures look like knock-offs!

Jayspawn
06-25-2005, 10:10 AM
I think they're fine. I bought a set of White Clones -the only set I've ever found. Still looking for the others though.

Phantom-like Menace
06-27-2005, 04:59 PM
Aside from the head, is there really any great difference between the Clone Wars Three-Pack and the ROTS pack? I had no problem with the Clone Wars version, and was happy to increase my clone army so quickly and inexpensively. I've been trying to find the ROTS version and finally decided to avail myself of omgcnfo.com (I think I got the green one). I can't imagine I won't love it, especially since I am not an it-wasn't-in-the-movie Nazi on the coloration.

I would unabashedly purchase anything close to the quality of the Clone Wars Three-Pack, and I'm not ashamed to say I would like to see more, lower quality, cheaper army builders. It's not like they don't sell SA troopers at the same time, and I've got several of the ROTS SA troopers, but it would be very nice if they could be backed up by cheap, mass-produced figures. Heck, knock a buck or more off the price of the three-pack and don't have any articulation; they're just there to pad out the army scene.

Of course, I'm curious why Star Wars has never taken a cue from G.I. Joe and offered packages similar to the troop builders of Cobra soldiers.

Bobby Fett
06-27-2005, 11:17 PM
... A few days later I saw the reddish brown one and thought the colored circle things looked bad, very bad. ...

VERY bad, indeed! These dogs look like the designer was working with the benefit of an excruciating hangover.

I won't go out of my way to find the other color variations.

SplFrcsCWO
06-28-2005, 05:19 PM
Do the colors denote rank or unit?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-28-2005, 05:38 PM
Do the colors denote rank or unit?
In AOTC, yes; in ROTS, no. In AOTC, the designations were (I think):

Yellow - commander
Red - captain
Blue - lieutenant
Green - sergeant
White - regular ol' grunt

But in ROTS, it's not as definite. Cody and Bacara have special armor apart from their troops, but Neyo has the same as at least one other guy. There are mostly regular-armored clones but with special colors to show what planet they're on, or who their commander is. There are also a few different guys, such as the ones on Utapau who have neither Cody- or regular-style helmets.

spang2005
06-28-2005, 10:02 PM
The visual dictionary says the colors denote the legion to which the clone belongs. I don't know the exact breakdown from there, but I think legion is the largest. I think it would have made more sense to have the all the clones in the pack be colored the same instead of just one with color.

Veers
06-28-2005, 11:01 PM
All I seen around here is all white troopers 3 pack.

Veers
07-01-2005, 07:45 PM
I found one today with one of the troopers with brown/red markings on him. The other two are just plain white.

Blackened88
07-01-2005, 07:56 PM
When I was working in ToyRrUs Yestarday I cracked open a couple of Deluxe cases, they were all the same and they had one of the green or orange colored clones in each. I only put aside one of the droids with the cannon on his nose. Also there wern't any Clone Jet Packers, there was Stas Allie, is that how you spell it? She looks pretty good for a pack in.

Bren2d2
07-02-2005, 07:27 PM
To my surprise I finally found one of these last night at TRU. It is the one with brown clone and the other 2 are white. Nothing spectacular about these however, the jet pack clone is so much cooler.

Luuuuuuke
07-03-2005, 01:44 AM
I bought one that had a blue trooper. However the markings are nothing like the ones in the movie. As for the other 2 they were too white (if that makes any sense) they have very poor detail and they are so plasticy (if that is a word) hehe, that they almost look like rip off figures. These figures Suck.

They do kind of suck. Except for the kneeling one. He looks pretty cool actually. I've found two with the brown marked standing trooper--one at TRU, one at KMart. That standing trooper looks kind of funky, like he's strutting through the streets of New York like John Travolta in the beginning of "Saturday Night Fever." His legs look kind of weirdly arced. And the brown spots don't really enhance this figure.
The trooper that's lying down looks like he's looking for nightcrawlers instead of looking through his scopes. :rolleyes: I try to lift his head so he won't look like such a slacker, but no go. The thing is, if you switch heads with an SA or clone commander, his head moves up pretty well.