PDA

View Full Version : Grievous #36 packaging variation (merged)

Darth Fred
05-24-2005, 08:34 PM
I'm new here, and mailed Sir Steve with this right off the bat. I'm an amature buyer/seller as well as collector. I recently ran across, and bought, five of the new General Grevious "Exploding Body," figures (#36). I found that they're not quite as hot as they had been (I live in Kansas... happens all the time :). Anyway, as I was wondering how I was going to unload five of these things, I noticed that one of them had his light sabre on the right hand side of the package behind the logo "Exploding Body." As oppossed to the other four with the sabre behind his picture. All my poking around on E-bay has drawn similar results... left hand side sabre.

As I asked Sir Steve, I'm curious to know If I've found something worth while, or if Hasbro is switching over to the right.

Any information would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
F

Veers
05-24-2005, 11:25 PM
Interesting, I need to check mine out. You may have a variation there. I would hold onto it.

Bossk77
05-24-2005, 11:30 PM
Sounds like a varient. I would hold on to it to. May fetch you an extra $10 or more depending on scarcity.

WesleySr
05-25-2005, 07:01 AM
Ah, packaging variations, I remember those days. Good thing I am longer addicted to the carded collection.

Darth Fred
05-25-2005, 11:10 AM
Ah, packaging variations, I remember those days. Good thing I am longer addicted to the carded collection.

Yea... I'm back to being addicted. Starting to remember why I quit. :)
F

potf2x
05-25-2005, 03:27 PM
The right-hand saber version is REALLY RARE! :rolleyes: If you find anymore pick them all up. :crazed:

ace2005
05-27-2005, 01:18 PM
Once I read this variation post I checked around the local wal-marts and this fig seems to be readily available guess depending on area.

The date stamps I have are

50661 - one with the saber behiind picture

50951 - one with saber behind "exploding body"

if the date stamp hold true the newer version is 50951 the running change.

good luck,

Darth Fred
05-27-2005, 04:39 PM
Once I read this variation post I checked around the local wal-marts and this fig seems to be readily available guess depending on area.

The date stamps I have are

50661 - one with the saber behiind picture

50951 - one with saber behind "exploding body"

if the date stamp hold true the newer version is 50951 the running change.

good luck,

If that Does hold true, I'd better sell it quick.
;)
F

ace2005
05-27-2005, 11:00 PM
In my opinion this does hold true because when the anakin with the saber change showed up on the forums, we hadn't seen one yet, though as time went by they started to slowly show up at the TRU, Targets and Wal-marts.

Now I am just waiting to see which wookie is really short, although the date stamps indicates the blond is the first, we will see.

Good Luck,

steeltormentor69
05-28-2005, 05:11 AM
I've read before but I have since forgotten, what does the date stamp mean? I mean I have both of these exploding grevious', one with the saber behind the pic and the other behind the sticker and the one with it behind the pic has the date stamp ... 50171 and the other one is the same as the previous one mentioned ... 50951.

and also which one of these anakin's with dooku's saber is the corrected version because I have found 3 different anakin's.
The first one I found was with the hand attached to the saber which I think is pretty common. Then the second one I bought was the one with dooku's saber but the blade on it is not see through, exactly like the AOTC dooku saber and then the third anakin I found, which was today, it had dooku's saber but this time it is a see through pinkish/red, identical to the one ROTS dooku.

JediTricks
05-29-2005, 08:14 PM
If you are asking how to decode the datestamp information, here's how it works. Date Stamp codes are:
first number - last digit of year ("5" - 2005)
second, third, and fourth numbers - day of year ("095" - 95th day)
fifth number - always a "1, that I know of anyway, dunno, batch or run perhaps?

So 50951 would be made on April 5th, 2005.

steeltormentor69
05-29-2005, 11:28 PM
wow thanks I thought it would be more complicated then that.

ROTJLuke
06-23-2005, 02:41 PM
Hey, check this out, I never really knew about this. One Saber is on the right, while the other is on the left:

http://i13.ebayimg.com/04/i/04/51/ca/e7_1_b.JPG

Saw these puppies on ebay

Darth Cruel
06-23-2005, 03:03 PM
Yeah, we have a thread about this in the variations/errors section.

jaxx
06-23-2005, 03:42 PM
I really hope that people aren't paying any "scalper" prices for this variation. The variation is just as common as the original "exploding Grievous" figure. They're everywhere! Word to the wise... don't buy this on ebay... go to your stores first.

Hexagram520
06-23-2005, 04:07 PM
Yea, I had no problem finding both. If anyone can't find it, I'll gladly get one and trade you for something or just send it to you for cost+shipping

Kidhuman
06-23-2005, 05:09 PM
MOved, mod please merge in the variants section....