PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Battlepacks

DarkArtist
06-24-2005, 09:11 AM
It seems that the concept of these battlepacks is going to expand to include Clones and Droids as well. Wonder if they will be new sculpts, or action gimmick sculpts.
If the clones battlepack gets released perhaps we can finally get characters like commander gree, commander neyo and commander cody.....
The battle droids should include destroyer droids with force bubbles, and battledroids with corrected arms, and finally battle droid that can stand on their own.
What other battlepacks would you like to see ????

spang2005
06-24-2005, 10:39 AM
None. I dont want to have to buy three re-hashed figures just to get two new ones. (But I will. That Obi-Wan with clone armor looks cool)

Captain Spoon
06-24-2005, 12:11 PM
I think they should do battle packs featuring the different troops from the Battlefront Video Game. They could make some cool figures if done properly, and with the game coming out in November they could do some type of tie-in.

Also the darktrooper or spacetrooper or whatever from the EU I missed out on this figure the first time and refuse to pay $70 bucks for one.

megaprime33
06-24-2005, 01:27 PM
Anyone know what the msrp for the battlepacks are going to be? The jedi vs. sith looks good. Especially the kenobi and clonetrooper gear and Ventress. I think this and the Sith evolution pack will be kick arse.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-24-2005, 05:46 PM
I think they'll be $20, but that seems kind of low for five figures. DarkArtist, where did you hear anything about clone and droid packs?

In the future, I'd like to see harder-to-find figures packaged together, along with army builders. These would fly off the shelves, and would be easy for Hasbro to make. I already posted some ideas, but some examples are:

*Naboo - Queen Amidala with Ascension Gun, Sio Bibble, R2-B1, retooled cloaked Obi-Wan, retooled cloaked Qui-Gon
*Clones - Commander Gree (#41 figure with camo paint and suspender things), 501st legion member (Jedi Temple raid clone with blue markings), Mygeeto trooper (retooled snowtrooper with purple markings and different parts), Commander Neyo (Target clone with correct helmet), Commander Cody (new figure)

DarkArtist
06-25-2005, 04:59 PM
The battle packs with the droids and clones came from this website under the news title hasbro battlepacks packaged. It says something like one minded clones and droid armies or something to that effect. I naturally assumed that if the 3 battle packs that we know of are a hit then perhaps this is a hint to the future of the line. Afterall if hasbro continues to release star wars product through to 2018 they will eith eventually run out of ideas or go back to rehashing already existing product just painting it new colors similar to the action fleet squadron colors assortment. :)

TheDarthVader
06-25-2005, 08:46 PM
I hope that Hasbro doesn't just keep paining figures over and over. That is going to get old, and I am not going to keep buying figures I already have in my collection. I hope they make obscure characters and keep doing that for all of the episodes. That is my hope for Hasbro until 2018.

B.
TDV

Fluke Skywalker
06-26-2005, 05:25 AM
Hasbro sure seems to be falling in love with these multi packs. And it seems the hook is to include one figure everyone wants and a bunch of left overs they don't. That stinks IMO.