PDA

View Full Version : Sandtrooper and Dewback Statue

Hellboy
06-24-2005, 06:12 PM
Does anybody have this piece?

If so what do you think?

I'm debating on whether or not to pick one of these up. The pictures look nice but I'd love to get some opinions before I make the commitment considering the price.

Jayspawn
06-25-2005, 12:09 AM
I dont own one but I've seen it before and its very nice. I'm waiting for some kind of Stormtrooper Statue so I'm holding off on getting it. But my display space is limited now so I'm waiting.

Hellboy
07-12-2005, 06:14 PM
I received this statue in the mail today. Spendy little bugger but worth every penny IMO.

I'd have to say without a doubt this is my favorite GG piece I own and if the quality of this statue is any indication the 7" Scout Trooper w/ Speeder Bike should turn out amazing. The detail is incredible, you can even see C-3PO's foot prints in the sand. How cool is that? It's roughly 17" long so this piece is pretty large. I like this statue so much that I'm seriously considering getting another one to compliment it. You can position the Sandtrooper's right arm that holds the staff in several positions so if you have multiples of these they won't look exactly the same.

Jayspawn
07-13-2005, 09:14 AM
Glad you got the Sandtrooper Statue, Hellboy! And that you're happy with it. Thanks for pointing out those extra details, I have a local comic shop that has one on display that I gaze at from afar. I'll cave one of these days.

Hellboy
07-13-2005, 04:23 PM
I have a local comic shop that has one on display that I gaze at from afar. I'll cave one of these days.

Wow!! :sur: How much are they asking for it? If its still selling at or around retail ($240) I wouldn't hesitate for to long because they're going for upwards of $150 above retail on ebay. Considering this statue was limited to 1500 pieces I wouldn't expect them to be around at a decent price for much longer.

Get it while you can, you won't regret it. :D

sergiurusu
10-30-2009, 07:53 AM
Finally got the Dewback & Sandtrooper statue :thumbsup: Now to find the Scout on Speederbike - this one will be easier to get.

Jayspawn
11-01-2009, 10:03 AM
Very nice Serg! I've never picked up this statue over the years. Still one of their most popular to this day.

sergiurusu
11-02-2009, 03:22 AM
Indeed it is a beautiful statue on of my favorite collectibles :yes:

jonthejedi
11-02-2009, 03:44 AM
One of my favorite, iconic moments from Ep. IV. You're going to love the new WalMart exclusive if you pick it up, Serg.

sith_killer_99
11-02-2009, 11:56 AM
Yeah, this is towards the top of my list. Since I gave up on the Hasbro stuff I am focused on the high end stuff now. Gentle Giants and Kotobukiya are my main obsessions.:yes::D

sergiurusu
11-02-2009, 11:42 PM
One of my favorite, iconic moments from Ep. IV. You're going to love the new WalMart exclusive if you pick it up, Serg.

I know I've seen that awesome pack. Unfortunately to get on in Romania with all the taxes and shipping costs would cost me way over $100... :(:cry:

Yeah, this is towards the top of my list. Since I gave up on the Hasbro stuff I am focused on the high end stuff now. Gentle Giants and Kotobukiya are my main obsessions.:yes::D

Me too. :) I'm focused on OT Imperials and on higher end items as well. But there are still some SW Hasbro figrues that I'd like to get too bad if shipped to Romania a Hasbro figure could cost with shipping and taxes more than a GG bust...

sergiurusu
11-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Gentle Giant Sandtrooper & Dewback statue on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/jkno#p/a/u/0/982_UQk9kcQ) :)