PDA

View Full Version : Blue Palps - still out there!

tagmac
06-26-2005, 11:38 PM
On my hunt for the Anakin/Bacara wave today, of which I found nothing more than the possible remnants of that and the Tarkin cases, I had a stroke of luck I didn't think possible at this point. After finding nothing at Target, I went to a nearby Wal-Mart, where I found a few Jedi, Tarfful, Obi-Wan #1, and a ton of both Palpy's. I figured I'd look through the Palpy's just for the heck of it, never expecting to find a blue sabred version, as they only shipped out in the 4/2 assortments, and fom what I've heard, can only be found on ebay now. Sure enough, I found one blue Palpy on the pegs! I'm not a big collector of variants, but it's nice to have a few rarities in my collection, so I picked it up. Doesn't make up for missing out on Anakin and Bacara, but it was a nice consolation prize.

Incidentally, Target had two each of Stass Allie, the deluxe droids, but no sign of the Clone 3-packs.

Hexagram520
06-26-2005, 11:47 PM
Awesome!

I found mine a few weeks ago, and didn't think I would either. Congratulations!

Kidhuman
06-27-2005, 12:48 AM
Nice find. WIth all the merch that shipped out in the first few weeks, there could be overstock in the back that never got packed out. Sounds like what you ran into today. Never the less, great find. I got mine back on 4/4 and never saw another one again at retail.

Slicker
06-27-2005, 02:48 AM
That's weird that you should find one. I was out just yesterday and found one at WM. It was beat to hell (it was the only fig on the pegs with any wear so I'm assuming someone messed it up purposely, probably stepped on it from the damage) but it's the first time I've seen one on the pegs.

ROTJLuke
06-27-2005, 02:54 AM
I had to get mine on ebay, but I got it cheaper for the 20-35 dollar range, I paid 11.75 so I couldnt complain too much...

jaxx
06-27-2005, 04:18 PM
I always look for the Blue Saber Palpy whenever I go to the stores... wishful thinking, I guess. That's awesome that y'all found some. I really don't think that I'll find any up here. I went to a TRU on my lunch today, and I found, literallry, about 30 Palpy's.... ALL RED SABER. At a Target this past weekend, 10 - 15 red Palpy's. At Wal*Mart, 10-15 red Palpy's. So I guess my area's cleaned out.

If I find one, I'll be stoked.

Luuuuuuke
07-03-2005, 02:03 AM
They must have put Blue Saber Palpy out at the very beginning, because the one I got just happened to be one of two #35's that were left on the peg when I bought it. For all I know the other one had a blue light saber too. I had no idea he was a variant when I found him. I'm not big on variants; might try to trade mine for a turbo tank driver or two when that's out.

ROTJLuke
07-04-2005, 01:44 PM
Im glad I got the blue sabered version tho, its a cool fig...