PDA

View Full Version : In what medium will the new show be???

JimJamBonds
06-27-2005, 01:34 PM
The following I got from Tfn....

Mercury News (http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/entertainment/movies/11990218.htm) has a great QnA with the man himself this weekend from San Francisco. Here's a clip, for more follow that link:

You've talked about making more personal films when the ``Star Wars'' saga was over. You have the means and the opportunity to do anything you want now. How do you decide what to do next?

I'm going to produce the new ``Indiana Jones'' film, I'm going to produce a film called ``Red Tails'' about African-American fighter pilots. I'm also helping get an animated TV series about ``Star Wars'' called ``Clone Wars'' off the ground. I'm going to spend a year to 18 months getting all these things going, and then I'm going to start writing my own more adventurous, experimental films, which probably will not be as popular as the kind of work I've done in the past. But I like it.

I heard that there will be a third season of the Clone Wars show on Cartoon Network but I thought this new SW show will be... well new. It was my understanding that the new show was going to be live action and not animated. Is this the new show or is he just going to help out with Season 3? Or do I as usual have my facts wrong? :confused:

2-1B
06-27-2005, 01:51 PM
They're doing a cartoon and a live action dealio, I think.

JimJamBonds
06-27-2005, 04:02 PM
They're doing a cartoon and a live action dealio, I think.

Ok so I was wrong about that as usual. lol Uncle George didn't have much of anything to do with the first two seasons of Clone Wars did he?

Ji'dai
06-27-2005, 04:15 PM
According to the Insider, Lucas basically pitched Season III to Genndy Tartakovsky and his Clone Wars staff. He wanted them to continue with a Grievous storyline and show the kidnapping of Palpatine, which leads into ROTS. They were pretty burned out after doing Season 1-2, so that got them interested in doing a third season.

darthvyn
06-27-2005, 04:35 PM
well, grievous kidnapping palpatine was in the end of season 2 of clone wars, so i don't know what you mean. are you saying that they are going to continue with another storyline with grievous after the kidnapping?

Ji'dai
06-27-2005, 04:44 PM
No, the Palpatine kidnapping was in the third season. IIRC, that last wave of animated figures (Arc Trooper, Grievous, Anakin battle damage, Clone Trooper) advertised "Clone Wars Season III" on the packaging. So I reckon there were three seasons:

First Season: November 7-20, 2003
Second Season: March 26 - April 8, 2004
Third Season: March 21-25, 2005

Rocketboy
06-27-2005, 05:10 PM
Yeah, seasons 1 and 2 are Volume 1 on DVD.
Season 3 is the one that lead into Sith and will more than likely end up as Volume 2 on DVD.

JimJamBonds
06-27-2005, 05:34 PM
So if season 3 was the preamble to Sith then what was Lucas talking about working on Clone Wars? I don't know where they could go with another season since the war ends in E 3 (unless its a prequel)?

El Chuxter
06-27-2005, 05:39 PM
Nobody knows yet. All that's known is Tartakovsky isn't doing it, and that George has said it will be 3-D animation. (Boooo!!)

Frankly, between the existing cartoon, the novels, the comics, and the video games, there's barely enough time for Ani, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Mace, Barriss, Ki-Adi, Kit, Luminara, Saessee, Quinlan, Aayla, Asajj, Dooku, Grievous, or Cody to steal a few minutes to go to the bathroom, so I have no clue who will star in it. Unless it just contradicts what came before, which I hope won't be the case.