PDA

View Full Version : TRU Exclusive Clone Trooper Sets

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-27-2005, 01:08 PM
http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=93465

Apparently we'll soon see more clone 3-packs, including Coruscant shock troopers, Jedi Temple raid troopers, and Utapau troopers. This sounds sweet! I hope they aren't just the deluxe sets, but even if they are, that would be cool.

Beast
06-27-2005, 01:14 PM
I don't think it will be the Deluxe sets. That would be silly, frankly. And we've already seen that Hasbro will do use the SP Clonetrooper for Target. So these will probably be repaints of the Super Poseable Clonetrooper. And hopefully the Utapau set includes Commander Cody as well. :)

Phantom-like Menace
06-27-2005, 02:34 PM
Oh, this is going to make a lot of people head into Toys R Us. That's a great idea for a store exclusive. Now I want to see two things from this: one I would like to see more than one case of these show up at each store, and two I would like to see them find some way to prevent scalpers from turning these "store exclusives" into what they always become: Ebay exclusives!

Toys R Us has something really good here, and though I've always been an advocate to support them over Wal Mart and Target, they'll get extra support from me on this one, assuming I can find them. My wallet on the other hand will be very unsupported.

Hellboy
06-27-2005, 02:50 PM
I don't like the sound of this news at all. If they were 4-packs I might buy into the idea that Hasbro would use the SA Clone mold but because they're 3-packs I'd wager they're going to simply repaint those crap unarticulated Deluxe Clones again. If they did use the SA mold they'd have to charge between $18 and $20 per 3-pack and I have a hard time imagining TRU being into that idea regardless of how good the figure is.

CrunchyNug
06-27-2005, 03:09 PM
Sound good? Absolutely
Gonna be hard to find? More than likely
Gonna be overpriced? Probably

Here's my prediction, we'll know more at Comic-Con...

spang2005
06-27-2005, 04:52 PM
I just hope they match the SA customs I already did.

Bren2d2
06-27-2005, 06:29 PM
Sounds like a cool idea but if they are exclusives than who knows if I'll ever see them isstores. Oh well, theres always Ebay.

Blue2th
06-27-2005, 08:17 PM
Oh, this is going to make a lot of people head into Toys R Us. That's a great idea for a store exclusive. Now I want to see two things from this: one I would like to see more than one case of these show up at each store, and two I would like to see them find some way to prevent scalpers from turning these "store exclusives" into what they always become: Ebay exclusives!

Toys R Us has something really good here, and though I've always been an advocate to support them over Wal Mart and Target, they'll get extra support from me on this one, assuming I can find them. My wallet on the other hand will be very unsupported.
I will probably pre-order them. If I could just get the packing monkeys to quit damaging my items. Like their affilliate Brian's Toys who know how to pack an item. I will support TRU if they will support us collectors. Now that the company has changed hands I hope they will make a few changes like identifying and firing the in house scalpers that work for them. Maybe installing security cameras in the stockroom. I don't know how they can solve this problem, but they need to solve it at least at my local TRU. As far as the Troopers are concerned, I hope they are the SA Clones and not the cheesy Deluxe type. I would pay good money like I did for the EE Clones for a superior product. Hope you are reading these forums TRU! :crazed:

figrin bran
06-27-2005, 11:18 PM
i have a very bad feeling that they're going to repaints of the deluxe clones not to mention very difficult to find. hopefully we can preorder on amazon.

on the bright side, since they're making Utapau Clones, that should make Commander Cody a shoo-in as one of the 12 ROTS figures they're going to announce shortly.

Fluke Skywalker
06-28-2005, 12:39 AM
JarJarBinks said:
I don't think it will be the Deluxe sets. That would be silly, frankly. And we've already seen that Hasbro will do use the SP Clonetrooper for Target. So these will probably be repaints of the Super Poseable Clonetrooper. And hopefully the Utapau set includes Commander Cody as well.

Boy, I hope you're right. If this turns out to be a repaint of the "Deluxe" 3 pack, I'm going to take the money I was going spend on them and buy Hasbro a clue.

DarkArtist
06-28-2005, 08:10 AM
I hope hasbro doesn;t blow it on this one. We finally have a SA clone that is fairly easy to find, some stores by me you can't walk down the isle without tripping over them, and since we got the colored clone trooper four packs how hard would it be for hasbro to use the same mold and create a commander gree, after all it's just paint application. Cody would be a little harder but worth it.
The way they can be packaged could be similar to the old Cinema scenes, with the excepting of the articulation. :)

evenflow
06-28-2005, 02:53 PM
Well lets keep hope its no the deluxe figures, if they use the SA troopers that will be fine and awesome. If its the deluxe figure, well that just pretty much sucks.

Veers
06-28-2005, 10:02 PM
Cool! I cant wait to pick those up.

Bren2d2
07-01-2005, 09:31 AM
I hope I am able to find these at my local TRU.

The Whills
07-02-2005, 05:22 AM
Well, it's great that hasbro is making these, but since they are going to be exclusives that pretty much screws the oppurtunity to troop build with these.
If we will be able to find any of them at all, which I doubt. I never have found the target clone, and I am not going to hold out hopes for these, just because of the key word "exclusive" which means that the store will get only one case and then we will never see them again.

DarkArtist
07-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Instead of using the preposed versions of the clonetrooper 3 packs they should adopt the recent sa clone four packs that were either Entertainment Earth or Kebco. This way we can get the clones we truly want want and everyone is happy.
Some of the sets can be:
Coruscant Shock Troopers
The 501st Legion
Assualt on Utapau
Wookie Assualt Clones with a new SA Barc Pilot (the one with the speeder is just plain wrong :D )
Assualt on Felecia ( yellow clones that kill Aayla Secura)
Assualt on Meegato (snow Clone that kill Ki Adi Mundi)

and the special CLONE COMMANDERS Set
Commander Gree, Commander Cody, Commander Bly(or someone else since we are getting a Bly with the evolutions sets.), Commander Baccara (or another clone.) Commander Fiere(saw this guy in the art of ROTS on and Ebay, looks awesome. :D )

See happiness for everyone :D :D